Spotting fish with the Air 3
157 1 4-27 04:11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlattyDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97428 ft

Australia

I recently purchased an Air 3 about a month ago to record some cool videos and spot fish, I generally only use it around the coast and have had some succsess so far at spotting schools of mullet and stingrays, eagle rays, bream, whiting and turtles. However the main type of fish I am trying to target are flathead, which are an Australian saltwater bottom dwelling fish, they are very camoflauged and most species generally prefer shallow water, such as sandflats which is where I have been targetting them.

I was wandering if anyone had any tips for gear, camera settings and even how to colour grade videos to make them easier to see. My current gear is the air 3 which I bought because of the 3x lense, RC2 controller, sunnylife sunhood, and the bright day pack of Freewell ND PL lense. Some camera settings that I think could help are whitebalance and sharpness, however I am not sure if they will help all that much and sugestiongs and knowledge will be appreciated.

If anyone wants to have a look at what flathead looklike and how people drone fish for them, I will post some screenshots and the names of some good youtube channels that have content of drone fishing for flathead.  

Channels: Nevs Fishing, JC's fishing shennanigins, Gregs Wicked fishing

Screenshots (From nevs fishing, flathead are in center of screenshot and screenshot is zoomed in to make it easier to see them):

Cheers.
4-27 04:11
Use props
FlattyDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97428 ft

Australia

For weather conditions I generally fish in low wind, 0-6 knots is ideal. But tomorrow I will be fishing in 9-16 knot wind.
4-27 04:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules