Unable to Turn off the Main Screen during timelapse
177 7 4-27 12:53
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I am unable to turn off the main screen during timelapse on my Action 4 inspite of screen off time set to eg. 30 seconds after recording begins. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Firmware Version: v01.04.05.10
4-27 12:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When the low power mode for Timelapse is enabled, Osmo Action 4/Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 remains in low power mode at other times except for the moment of capturing to reduce power consumption and allow for longer recording times.

There are conditions to enable this feature:

On the Timelapse settings page, after tapping the “moon” icon in the top-left corner: The Timelapse interval is ≥ 2s, which can effectively extend the shooting duration.

Please note that when in low power mode, the camera will disable the connection between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and enter the low power mode for Timelapse. After capturing has been going for 10 seconds, the camera screen will turn off.
4-27 18:29
Use props
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 18:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When the low power mode for Timelapse is enabled, Osmo Action 4/Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 remains in low power mode at other times except for the moment of capturing to reduce power consumption and allow for longer recording times.

There are conditions to enable this feature:

Hello DJI Paladin, thank you for your help. Yes, I am doing night time lapse from a cruise ship and  2sec ≤ interval time. As you indicated, I activated the moon sign and after starting the timelapse, the main display finally turned turned off, which is what I was looking for. And using the mimo app, I am still able to observe the frames
4-27 20:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans0c6c1ced Posted at 4-27 20:40
Hello DJI Paladin, thank you for your help. Yes, I am doing night time lapse from a cruise ship and  2sec ≤ interval time. As you indicated, I activated the moon sign and after starting the timelapse, the main display finally turned turned off, which is what I was looking for. And using the mimo app, I am still able to observe the frames

No worries. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
4-29 02:47
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI disabled the timelapse main screen off if asked, it must be done manually,  like they  typed, I'll show how it is done and what they  should correct

To the Loser that hides in   a site you get no points clicking the downvote. you got a home, its not here

4-29 03:20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

LOSEr  can not say OP3 has a bullet  and timer where the OA4 needs one WINNER is me
4-29 07:47
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

These are two differenet cameras used for very different purposes, hence they have very different use cases. Why would DJI make them behave the same way? The Action 4 is an action camera. You mount it on your bike, motorcycle, neck, surfboard, hat, chest, leg, backpack... what else did I miss? You can put it on a 3m long selfie stick and record yourself while skiing. Once you mount the camera on any of those places, you get into action. You don't start fiddling with the screen while your are surfing. Or mounting biking. Or riding on your motorcycle. Chances are, you can't even reach the screen during those activites. You just hit record and forget about the rest.

The OP3 has a completely different use case. You don't mount the OP3 on your bike, motorcycle, neck, surfboard, or anywhere else. You don't put it at the end of a 3m selfie stick. Or even a 1.5m one. You hold it in your hand. Therefore it makes more sense that as you carry it around, you might want to fiddle with the screen. I'm guessing that's why DJI made the 2 cameras behave differently.
4-29 14:15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you  not  sure what to say about the difference of use, I was just showing  the record screen off and talking of that
4-29 14:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules