monitor lut?
203 9 4-28 04:16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

is there a way to apply a monitor-lut in the goggles when recording D-log footage? (dlog to 709)
4-28 04:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They should definitely add that like they did for the Mavic 3.
4-28 05:36
Use props
Max Phlanx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1223816 ft
United Kingdom

Would the Enhanced View option found in the Goggles 3 help with this issue? I noticed it added a little more pop when I was playing around with the settings a few days ago other than that I have no idea what it is for?
4-28 06:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted.
4-28 19:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for patiently waiting. Regretfully, we don't have this feature yet on the said unit. We will gather this as a suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
4-29 02:43
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Max Phlanx Posted at 4-28 06:31
Would the Enhanced View option found in the Goggles 3 help with this issue? I noticed it added a little more pop when I was playing around with the settings a few days ago other than that I have no idea what it is for?

Yeah, this definitely adds a bit of saturation. Try it if you haven't guys. I'm personally used to flying with flat colour profile and I don't mind it, the enhanced display actually looks weird to me, but it might be just what you're looking for.
4-29 05:02
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

Max Phlanx Posted at 4-28 06:31

to be honest, i don't have the avata 2 yet, so i wouldn't know. this question just popped in my head, as the dji fpv didn't have this option.

monitor luts are common in almost every professional camera,  as log formats were never meant to be viewed by the camera operator/director (in this case the drone operator). it's mostly just for the color grader, who can make use of the extra dynamic range.

seeing it in the goggles or on a monitor is just dull and makes it harder to judge the picture. a monitor lut solves this.

now i know that for many the avata is not really seen as a "professional" camera (who's to judge), but as filming/flying with this thing should be an immersive experience, this option would maybe make even more sense than on professional camera's
4-29 12:31
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Thing is, an actual LUT being applied live would add latency to your video feed which you really don't want when flying FPV.
4-29 13:33
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

fichek Posted at 4-29 13:33
Thing is, an actual LUT being applied live would add latency to your video feed which you really don't want when flying FPV.

hmm nah, i don't think that should be the reason. this is easily done in realtime on the least powerful systems from 10 years ago, especially low resolution .33 viewing luts
4-30 06:04
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16434 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rickvdvulkaan Posted at 4-30 06:04
hmm nah, i don't think that should be the reason. this is easily done in realtime on the least powerful systems from 10 years ago, especially low resolution .33 viewing luts

I agree with this. I work with both consumer and professional video and the use of LUTS is very common and does not introduce any significant latency when done correctly. In regard to the enhanced vision in the goggles, when. that option is on, you lose a decent amount of goggle battery time. If if is used, the brightness has to be lowered significantly to offset the battery drain. That may not be a reasonable tradeoff if you are flying in low light or in and out of high contrast areas where the dark zones may become too dark. A low resolution LUT used only for moderate color enhancement should be fine. It does not even need to be color accurate but should be something that the user can enable and disable according to preference. Keep in mind, this would only be something to "view through" and not something baked into the file.
4-30 09:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules