Binding the Avata2 to both the MC3 and RC3
150 8 4-28 07:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldGuy2024
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328632 ft
United States

A post on this forum noted with the original Avata you can bind both the MC and RC to the drone. Switch controllers by just switching one off and then powering up the other.  
Same for Avata2?
Would make life simpler than having to rebind everytime switching to the other controller.
4-28 07:14
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is the same for the Avata 2.  Also applicable to the Mini 4 Pro & Air 3 with Goggles 3/MC3.  Once linked the drone will automatically connect to the Goggles 3 & whichever RC you have previously linked & have powered on.  The Avata & Avata 2 do NOT ask me to rebind when switching RCs.

Note for the Air 3 & Mini 4 Pro:  You can fly these models with the Goggles 3 using the MC3, or with either of the original RCs (RC-N2/RC2).  If using the the MC3 you probably have to "bind" it to the MC3 by momentarily connecting the Goggles 3 to your phone/Fly via USB to complete the binding.  Same applies to the Mini 3 Pro when using the Goggles 2/Integra & the MC2.
4-28 08:59
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-28 08:59
It is the same for the Avata 2.  Also applicable to the Mini 4 Pro & Air 3/Goggles 3/MC3.  Once linked the drone will automatically connect to the Goggles 3 & whichever RC you have previously linked & have powered on.  

Note for the Air 3 & Mini 4 Pro:  You can fly these models with the Goggles 3 using the MC3, or with either of the original RCs (RC-N2/RC2).  If using the the MC3 you probably have to "bind" it to the MC3 by momentarily connecting the Goggles 3 to your phone/Fly via USB to complete the binding.  Same applies to the Mini 3 Pro when using the Goggles 2/Integra & the MC2.

Thats good to know DB - cheers
4-28 09:00
Use props
fansf240c01f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-28 08:59
It is the same for the Avata 2.  Also applicable to the Mini 4 Pro & Air 3 with Goggles 3/MC3.  Once linked the drone will automatically connect to the Goggles 3 & whichever RC you have previously linked & have powered on.  The Avata & Avata 2 do NOT ask me to rebind when switching RCs.

I think there is a little confusion as to linking and binding.

To my knowledge, there is no way to automatically link when you change controller. Every time you change between the FPV controller and the Motion controller, you have to re-link them. I think the OP is referring to re-linking rather than re-binding.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I would love to be able to switch controllers without having to relink them.
4-28 11:59
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 954216 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

I don't think this was the case with Avata 1? But it definitely is with Avata 2, just turn one off and turn the other one on and it auto-connects.
4-28 12:03
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf240c01f Posted at 4-28 11:59
I think there is a little confusion as to linking and binding.

To my knowledge, there is no way to automatically link when you change controller. Every time you change between the FPV controller and the Motion controller, you have to re-link them. I think the OP is referring to re-linking rather than re-binding.

I just flew both the Avata & Avata 2 today.  Just power up the RC you wish to use & it will connect automatically.  It does NOT ask you to relink or rebind the controller.
4-28 12:27
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328632 ft
United States

Thanks for the info. Another good reason to maybe purchase the RC3.

3C,  15kt gusting to 25kts at ground level today.  Broke out the Aquila (looks like a mini Avata) for an indoor fpv session.  Less than two weeks of  only flying the Avata2  and my not so great stick skills have regressed to "beginner" mode.  Small home, bit tight conditions.  Needed to fly "normal" mode and limit rates to medium.   Today my throttle modulation and stick precision stunk.  Flying like a drunk. The MC3 and N or S stabilized mode makes flying too easy.
4-28 13:05
Use props
fansf240c01f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-28 12:27
I just flew both the Avata & Avata 2 today.  Just power up the RC you wish to use & it will connect automatically.  It does NOT ask you to relink or rebind the controller.

Thanks for that DB!!! Just tried it with my Avata...and voila!!! It does take an extra second or three for the different controller to connect but I didn't have to re-link it.
4-28 14:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. After you link the DJI RC Motion 3 and DJI FPV Remote Controller 3 to the DJI Avata 2, the aircraft will remember each remote controller if you wish to use one of them, just remember to switch off one controller and use one controller at a time. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
4-28 19:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules