Downloading Controller SD Card Video
190 2 4-29 09:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canada John
lvl.2
Canada

If I shoot some footage and then hit the replay icon on the home screen the album appears and there it is. When the drone is on as I do this a download icon appears on top of the video. If I turn off the drone the album remains, only now the download icon has been replaced by the word cache. If I connect the controller to my computer the correct window appears on it. I select DCIM/DJI Album and nothing is there.

Can anyone explain all this? What am I doing wrong?

Attached is a screen shot of the Settings/Storage information on the controller.

Thanks.

John

Settings/Storage

Settings/Storage

storage

storage
4-29 09:14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for inquiring. The footages are stored on the aircraft. The footage you see when the aircraft is turned off are the low-resolution files. You can download the original files via QuickTransfer (phone connected to aircraft) or by connecting your aircraft to your computer. Please refer to the following link to be guided: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en. Have a nice day.
5-1 01:26
Use props
Canada John
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks for the reply Tony. Think I'm slowly figuring things out. I read the other day that hitting the download icon you see on the video clips when you open up the Album downloads the video to the controller, and sure enough it does. Can't think of any reason I'd want to do that though.  As I understand it now, the only real use for storage in the controller is screen grabs, which are very useful. I slowly did find out about the "double swipe" that reveals the screen grab icon. That hit the controller starts recording whatever is on the screen separate from what teh drone is recording. That is, while screen grab is on and recording you can fly the drone and capture 4k to it. A little message on the screen will show that screen grab is recording and one has the option to turn that off at any time. As I say, that's the only real use of the controller's SD card i can think of but it's a useful one, as being able to access the data of your shots, especially if you need to repeat them, is important.

Thanks again. Quite the ride figuring out all the aspects of the Mini 4.

John
5-1 06:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules