147 7 4-29 14:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N0s3b0n3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268766 ft
  • >>>
France

I've encountered the issue multiple time during a auto landing procedure and RTH and I was wondering if other users had had the same issue

the drone had the homepoint set before take-off from a round landing pad, the pad was deployed on a perfectly flat surface, take off was executed without any issues but returning to the pad to swap batteries, the drone started positioning itself above the pad, moved down to roughly 1m high and stopped, a message was displayed on the RC saying the surface was an "unsuitable landing area" and the drone kept hovering.
I then decided to land it manually but the controls refused to accomodate for slight adjustments with the right stick (mode 2)
For example pushing the stick forward, left or fight resulted in an abrupt upward movement instead, making the repositioning of the drone almost impossible, camera assist wasn't working either, refusing to point downwards so I couldnt assess if I was perfectly aligned with the pad.
I had to force land the drone by pushing the left stick down in a very sketchy way missing the pad by almost a foot and damaging a propeller, triggering a ton of error messages, blades damaged, rotor stuck, etc. etc.
Blade has been changed and drone is fine, but I'm still wondering why the drone couldn't land and was so difficult to maneuver.

Anyone has any idea how to correct/avoid this kind of scenario?

Thanks in advance.
4-29 14:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already checked the Downward Vision Sensor? Please ensure that it's clean or avoid flying through clouds or in a heavy fog environment, which will affect the Downward Vision System. Have a nice day
4-29 21:46
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 4-29 21:46
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already checked the Downward Vision Sensor? Please ensure that it's clean or avoid flying through clouds or in a heavy fog environment, which will affect the Downward Vision System. Have a nice day

Hi,

Yes, this happens sometimes after detecting unsafe landing area, drone does not react on RC inputs at first.
Just move right stick in all 4 directions and once it is reacting again, drone if fully controlable again.Fly up a liitle, after that land manual without any issue.
cheers
JJB

4-29 22:49
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

In such cases, I always fly up 1-2 meters for safety, the drone begins to respond correctly to the sticks, and I land manually on the pad or on my hand.
4-29 23:10
Use props
N0s3b0n3
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Serg SSA Posted at 4-29 23:10
In such cases, I always fly up 1-2 meters for safety, the drone begins to respond correctly to the sticks, and I land manually on the pad or on my hand.

I will definitely try this next time, thanks for the advice!
4-30 00:32
Use props
N0s3b0n3
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

JJB* Posted at 4-29 22:49
Hi,

Yes, this happens sometimes after detecting unsafe landing area, drone does not react on RC inputs at first.

I'll definitely try that, yeah I was very surprised with the drone not responding correctly to input.
thanks for the advice
4-30 00:34
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should change BOTH BLADES on the motor that had the damaged blade, they are weight matched for centrifugal balance.
4-30 08:04
Use props
N0s3b0n3
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-30 08:04
You should change BOTH BLADES on the motor that had the damaged blade, they are weight matched for centrifugal balance.

Absolutely, that’s what I did
Not taking any chances here
4-30 08:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules