Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My confidence is improving, i dont fee as nervous now
Heres a quick clip from longer video i am working on...

5-3 22:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks a bit cold for me,   
5-3 23:57
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 23:57
Looks a bit cold for me,

It wasnt overly bad, the water that is, but i had a dry suit on so only me head would get, i didn't go over so there's that lol (i went over 3 times today on my course though, video to come ) It was a warm day though
5-4 07:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sure looks like your confidence level is up Bashy.  You've definitely got to attack at the right angle though.  I'm betting you had fun.  
5-4 15:09
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-4 15:09
Sure looks like your confidence level is up Bashy.  You've definitely got to attack at the right angle though.  I'm betting you had fun.

Oh god yeah, i cant believe i was quite terrified of it the 1st day i went there, i will make a separate post with that video (its a long video too lol)
Actually no i wont do a separate post, its too long, its at the end of this reply, i wouldnt watch it all, you'd get bored quite quickly lol

Youre 100% right on the angle, i know exactly what i need to do, its putting it into practice, speed, angle, core rotation (or look at where you want to go) and paddle placement.

Its the same with the roll, there's about 5 steps, if just one step is missed, the roll becomes much harder, especially for a novice like myself. Its remembering, them lol :/

A little back story for the following video, I commented on a video on YT, the chap replied mentioning that he does extra-curricular skills sessions (FOC) with fellow club members, I'm not in their club but he said it doesn't matter and invited me to join them on the water, so i did, and very glad i did btw, the 1st day (the video) was Monday just gone...

5-4 18:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-4 07:09
It wasnt overly bad, the water that is, but i had a dry suit on so only me head would get, i didn't go over so there's that lol (i went over 3 times today on my course though, video to come  ) It was a warm day though

Saturday turned out to be lovely here too.
5-4 22:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-4 18:32
Oh god yeah, i cant believe i was quite terrified of it the 1st day i went there, i will make a separate post with that video (its a long video too lol)
Actually no i wont do a separate post, its too long, its at the end of this reply, i wouldnt watch it all, you'd get bored quite quickly lol

Interesting video.  Definitely takes a lot of mental power as well as muscle memory when taking on that location.  
5-5 04:40
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 04:40
Interesting video.  Definitely takes a lot of mental power as well as muscle memory when taking on that location.

Mental deffo play a large part in it, there's the syckie (spell check needed lol) from and having to remember the steps, it will become muscle memory the longer I do it, I'm hoping soon
5-5 04:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-5 04:50
Mental deffo play a large part in it, there's the syckie (spell check needed lol) from and having to remember the steps, it will become muscle memory the longer I do it, I'm hoping soon

I call that mind over matter.    I still remember to this day my first court appearance as a rookie lawyer.  I was struggling with staying positive and keep my confidence level up.  Once I conquered that it was fairly smooth going after that.  
5-5 06:17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 06:17
I call that mind over matter.    I still remember to this day my first court appearance as a rookie lawyer.  I was struggling with staying positive and keep my confidence level up.  Once I conquered that it was fairly smooth going after that.
I'm sure it will come for me too, the video in the 1st post showed good improvement cause the session a few days before, I stayed away from the big wave.

I didn't do as good at the white water center yesterday though, i swam 3x lol
5-5 10:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-5 10:32
I'm sure it will come for me too, the video in the 1st post showed good improvement cause the session a few days before, I stayed away from the big wave.

I didn't do as good at the white water center yesterday though, i swam 3x lol

Chalk it up as a just another learning lesson.  Just need to keep practicing and keep your confidence level up and you'll conquer it.
5-6 02:26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 02:26
Chalk it up as a just another learning lesson.  Just need to keep practicing and keep your confidence level up and you'll conquer it.

Will do, thanks
5-6 03:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.  I hope you have a great week Bashy.
5-6 13:44
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks cool!
5-16 22:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now