123Next >
9286 106 2015-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

I'm downgrading to 1.3.2 for this reason. I prefer to loose features but gain confidence when flying. I don't feel safe when flying knowing that the aircraft could slightly turn to one side in a moment
2015-9-24
Use props
ultimatepump
lvl.2

United States

So I am not the only one that had adverse affects of the latest firmware.  My update caused a crash and DJI is not claiming responsibility.  They are trying to extort $652.00 from me to repair a shattered P3A not even replacing it.  I have already told CNN of this bulls%&t.  I will never do anything with DJI again.  Disgusted.
2015-9-24
Use props
dji2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263317 ft
United States

I can confirm after downgrading to 1.3.2 that my P3P now flys straight again. The problem lies in the 1.4 firmware.
2015-9-24
Use props
dji2
lvl.1
United States

After confirming that the issue was the firmware I just got off the phone with DJI support and they acknowledged knowing about the issue and are actively working on a fix to be released as soon as possible.
2015-9-24
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

dji2 Posted at 2015-9-25 01:34
After confirming that the issue was the firmware I just got off the phone with DJI support and they  ...

Thanks for report, I'll try 1.3.2 today or tomorrow. I've downgraded too
2015-9-24
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

StevenQX:

Just put the bin on Microsd and turn it ON, to donwgrade, correct?

No issues?
2015-9-25
Use props
dji2
lvl.1
United States

Mordorr Posted at 2015-9-26 01:07
StevenQX:

Just put the bin on Microsd and turn it ON, to donwgrade, correct?

Yes.  Make sure you only have the one .bin on there of course.  But yeah, no issues at all.  Took about 6 mins.
2015-9-25
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem for me... I also noticed over the past few days of a very very slow yaw movement when hovering that never used to be there.... It's like the trim on the radio is off....but there isn't any way to trim it!
2015-9-26
Use props
GDS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 589393 ft
Thailand

Let me add another "I THOUGHT IT WAS ME" to this thread. It'been driving me bonkers trying to fly straight down 18 fairways of a golf course. The client thouhght I was "effin' useless" at flying a high tech GPS assisted copter!
2015-9-26
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

So any news so far, anything coming soon before the winter comes and i shutdown my phantom till next spring ?
2015-9-26
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

On a few minutes i will donwgrade to 1.3.2 or even 1.1.9.

Yesterday i went make videos of a wedding.....sometimes the bird was almost complety out of control....and there was no wind....

Sorry about the POI, but i will skip this one.
2015-9-27
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Mordorr Posted at 2015-9-27 10:44
On a few minutes i will donwgrade to 1.3.2 or even 1.1.9.

Yesterday i went make videos of a wedding ...

Mor,

Unfortunately I don't think we can get back down to 1.1.9. The furthest I've been able to get down to is 1.3.2 and I tried everything I could come up with. I also don't think there is any way to downgrade the RC or batteries at all. If any of you guys come up with a way to do so please let me know.

Jerry
2015-9-27
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.2
United Kingdom

How come not everyone's affected by this issue?
Went out today and the aircraft was all over the place.
Took it home and calibrated the imu and tried again but it's still really bad.
2015-9-27
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

JtrJr-UAV Pilot :

I did downgrade to 1.3.2. Didn`t try to 1.1.9fw. Already made a IMU and Gimball Calibration. Everything went smooth.

Tomorrow i will try a first flight, if the weather alloys.
2015-9-27
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

My I1 does not fly straight either , neither does my P3A both will drift in the wind and flies in a light breeze as though it is in ATTi mode.
Something else I noticed if you do not set the aircraft on a perfectly level surface when you turn it on to begin flight it will not fly straight and it will be tilted during the flight
2015-9-27
Use props
flydmc
New

United States

Orlando FL here - I am having the same challenge. I always recalibrate the IMU's after doing a firmware update and then recalibrated them again and the challenge still exists. Also noticed the Phantom now takes a long time to warm up. I have not run the latest firmware update on my P3P or Inspire, I wanted to wait awhile to see how it works out for other pilots. I deleted my IPad from my home network and also turned off the WiFi off on the IPad so the pilot app can not go out to DJI and find out about the latest firmware update. I really am not interested in waypoints or having my copter circle things. I wish DJI would let the owners decide what features they want rather than forcing down our throats.
2015-9-27
Use props
levreault
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489111 ft
United States

I have the same problem
2015-9-28
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If I downgrade the firmware will I still be able to have mobile data active on my Ipad or does this stop you from flying because it want to update?
We should be able to chose ourselfs what firmware we want of course without being made to upgrade.

I've done all the IMU calabration stuff as listed by many people, flat level surface, cool aircraft blah blah blah but still no change.
I'm pretty fed up with this now as I'm not the most confident flyer and have taken my time learning to fly and done everything as I should do
so I really don't need the drone doing as it wishes.
I've flow a few times in atti mode and yesterday it was much harder than that.

I thought I was quite lucky never having any problems people have on the forum but I guess something will get us all in the end.
2015-9-28
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

I must be very lucky because none of this is happening with my drone. I have never calibrated anything other than the compass when am told to do so. upgraded on the 10th September and the only difference is now i can use the more advanced flight options. Maybe it has to do with location? Maybe Africa is exempt from this problem ha ha ha
2015-9-28
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

flydmc Posted at 2015-9-27 20:58
Orlando FL here - I am having the same challenge. I always recalibrate the IMU's after doing a firmw ...

Fly,

This won't fix the "flying straight" issue but it will fix the long warm up times. Remove the battery and SD card and put your bird in the fridge for 10 minutes. Have everything else ready to go, pull the bird out of the fridge, put the card in and insert a fresh battery then do your IMU calibration immediately. Your bird will warm up in seconds. Of course, do so at your own risk. Don't know why but it really does work.

Jerry
2015-9-28
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

To all you folks with the "won't fly straight" issue, DJI just released new developers firmware V1.5.11. In the release notes they are indicating that they fixed your issue. I am having a "signal loss" video issue. I loaded v1.5.11 this morning. It didn't fix my issue but may have fixed yours. The good news, typically once it's released to the developers it should be showing up in a public release shortly. Any way it shakes, they are working on it. Just my thought anyway.

Jerry
2015-9-28
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

Oh here it is what it was the problem (maybe) fixed on 1.05.0011

6. Removed wind compensation while using control stick to control the horizontal movement of
the aircraft. 
2015-9-28
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

Link for the FW, StevenQX?

Can`t find it......

P.S - Ok....for developers.....i get ti!
2015-9-28
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks Jerry, I'll give it a try when I can. I hope you get your problem fixed.
2015-9-28
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

UPDATE:

Yesterday i did finally first flight with 1.3.2.....

I did have problems connecting the app to the P3A...after some reboots, it did conect, compass calibration and fly...

I won`t exaggerate here.....but there was a big difference: I lost that crazy insecure problem of thinking that the problem was my fault and the right joystick...

- Fly straight like a arrow.....very nice sensation, so the problem here is the 1.4FW.

Everthing on the flight was perfect and i did about 700meters on the beach +- 30 meters.

Perfect sunshine day end

Waiting for the upgrade.........
2015-9-29
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

I have not noticed anything untoward with the latest FW (1.4.0010) or iOS 9.0.1 or DJI Go 2.2.0 - So not everyone is experiencing difficulty with the latest software. Having said that, I did have an issue with the VPS module a while back and had it replaced on my P3p (which is one of the early ones)!
2015-9-29
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

Yes...only some users...

Just to confirm.....a more serious flight above a river and my town....finally i don`t feel anymore that crazy sensation something is wrong with my right control joystick....

With 1.3.4.2, the flights are perfect.
2015-10-7
Use props
nstrong48
lvl.1

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-28 10:46
To all you folks with the "won't fly straight" issue, DJI just released new developers firmware V1.5 ...

jtrjr,

Have you heard anything about the fix on this yet?  And since you upgraded to 1.05 how have you handled the bird not flying straight?  Is there a way to get back down to 1.3.2 once you upgraded to the beta 1.05?  
2015-10-15
Use props
nstrong48
lvl.1

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-28 10:46
To all you folks with the "won't fly straight" issue, DJI just released new developers firmware V1.5 ...

jtrjr,

Have you heard anything about the fix on this yet?  And since you upgraded to 1.05 how have you handled the bird not flying straight?  Is there a way to get back down to 1.3.2 once you upgraded to the beta 1.05?  
2015-10-15
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

nstrong48 Posted at 2015-10-15 09:01
jtrjr,

Have you heard anything about the fix on this yet?  And since you upgraded to 1.05 how hav ...

NS,

No, I have not. I have now sorted my issues and am successfully flying with 1.4.1. The day before yesterday I did my longest flight to date, 5.72 miles with one leg 2-2.2 miles from home point. This was a ground station flight. I had full 6mbs video during the entire flight!

Jerry
2015-10-15
Use props
nstrong48
lvl.1

United States

Nice, I cant wait to do some ground station.  

let me know if you come up with any ideas on how to get the bird to fly straight while flying in P mode.  seems to be a wind issue that the P3 used to auto correct.  My last phantom that i sent back i downgraded to 1.3.2 and then went back up to 1.4.1 and it seemed to be fine.  This one i just got yesterday and unfortunately upgraded right away and then never got the chance to run it while on 1.3.2 because of the beta.  
2015-10-15
Use props
nstrong48
lvl.1

United States

Disregard.  I just uninstalled everything including the app.  did all new calibrations and used a different cord.  emptied my pockets and took my belt off.  Everything seems to be back to normal with this last flight in high winds.  
2015-10-15
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

nstrong48 Posted at 2015-10-15 10:03
Disregard.  I just uninstalled everything including the app.  did all new calibrations and used a di ...

NS,

Glad you got it sorted. I flew a few runs the other day while the boys were cutting corn. The rows are pretty straight and I felt like I had to adjust the bird more than I would have thought. Can't be sure though, I'll have to review the videos.

Jerry
2015-10-15
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All.

I haven't bothered with the P3 for a while as I lost interest since having the issue.
Came on here today looking for a firmware update but nothing.
Any news on a fix or any new ideas please?
Although I loved it until this problem I'm thinking of selling up once it's fix it as I've had enough of £1200 just sitting in the cupboard doing nothing.
2015-10-21
Use props
Drone Dude Alga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14227470 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

All 4 P3 that i used have a drift, P2 was much more accurate flying in perfect lines, I believe the problem is in the radio controls or the signal output from the radio to the P3, because when you fly by satellite using waypoints it flies perfectly on a straight line, try it and you will see
2015-10-23
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

You are wrong....its a firmware issue already talked here and other foruns. I use always GPS and its drifts....exception here withwhen i  dowgraded FW and it did return to normal..

Lets wait for 1.5......

2015-10-23
Use props
Shon.white
lvl.2

United States

after the last firmware update mine, and was destroyed, compass error, then it went down like a bird on acid, almost went through a window, only had it a couple of months, dji is repairing it for Free, my confidence level has dropped, let dji know what's going on.
2015-10-23
Use props
jimcosta2008
lvl.2
United States

This happens to me also
2015-10-28
Use props
mdpetty53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2433802 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the problem being described...The P3 simply crabs at an an angle instead of flying straight. The first time I noticed was in the Intelligent flight mode and I thought I was doing something wrong as I was learning that new addition. But I went back to p mode and it is still happening along with a drift left when in a hands off hover. Love the P3 But it's pretty useless right now. Are the speculated upon big fixes in really in play?
2015-10-30
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
United States

My P3A is horrible now. Love the features and camera upgrade but terrible stability and crooked flying.
2015-10-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules