Litchi app
11986 27 2015-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

Today i used the Litchi app for the first time. After all the praise i saw here it does not impress me all that much. at least 3 times it failed to connect and had to shut down everything and reboot for it to eventualy connect. fortunately it only happens before take off. DJI go app used to also save my videos on the tablet, although it was in a lessor quality. Litchi does not do that and only saves the video on the craft's memory card.

2015-9-24
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

The DJI software was originally developed by the Litchi people. That is why they look so similar.

I don't know their exact relationship now, but it seems it turned into something like official (DJI Pilot/Go) vs unofficial (Litchi).
2015-9-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

i Have discussed it with them and their answer were that connection problems is because DJI go app is connected in the background. I can live with that although it is a bit irritating. they also indicated that they will have video in the next upgrade.
2015-9-24
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

draadkar Posted at 2015-9-24 14:21
i Have discussed it with them and their answer were that connection problems is because DJI go app i ...

Dra,

I use Litchi all of the time with both my P2 and P3. I've been using it for about a year now. I have an issue every now and again but not very frequently. You should shut down the DJI Go app while using Litchi. That's probably what is causing your issue. You don't need or want the DJI app open while using Litchi. I'm not sure what you mean by "they will have video in the next upgrade"? They already have video.

Jerry
2015-9-24
Use props
Maui Aerial Ima
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2671102 ft
United States

Does Litchi work for iOS also?
2015-9-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

Maui Aerial Ima Posted at 2015-9-24 20:50

I am sure it does cause I saw on my FB page they have a new update out for iOS
2015-9-24
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Maui Aerial Ima Posted at 2015-9-24 14:50

Maui,

No, Litchi does not work with IOS, only Android devices.

Jerry
2015-9-24
Use props
mrapl1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

Just jumped on board the Litchi app myself due to the continual frustration of Go app still not giving me the intelligent functions mode across three different devices and two app releases. Will test it out tomorrow, hope this works... BTW shouldn't this thread be under the Go App forum....?

2015-9-24
Use props
Maui Aerial Ima
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2671102 ft
United States

Thanks for the info JtrJr-UAV Pilot ...
2015-9-24
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

I also tried the Litchi app this week and because I use an older tablet, Litchi would not run at all. I sent them an email and one of the techs was quick to reply and informed me that the Litchi app requires more processing power and therefore runs on fewer tablets than the Go App. This surprised me as I was under the impression that Litchi would run when the Go App wouldn't. The tech gave me recommendations on how to make it run and I had already tried all but two of them. After I tried all of them it still would not run. I run a Nook HD+ tablet running CyanogenMod 10.1.3 and it runs *almost* flawlessly with the Go App. It just has a few glitches that I have not found work-arounds for that I thought Litchi would not have a problem with.

Until I upgrade tablets, I will just have a couple of glitches with the Nook. At least it has perfect video with no lag. I can deal with the minor glitches. They do not affect flight.
2015-9-24
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

draadkar Posted at 2015-9-25 06:24

That's the Magic Leash app for IOS. This where you can use a second smart gps enabled phone/device for follow-me. It can now follow a secondary device instead of the RC.
2015-9-24
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

to use the app on LITCHI p3, I install a firmware ??? or simply the app ???
thank you
2015-9-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

asfodelo42 Posted at 2015-9-25 06:59
to use the app on LITCHI p3, I install a firmware ??? or simply the app ???
thank you

you simply download the app. when you switch on your RC it will give you a choise between DJI or Litchi. pick Litchi. then you ready to go
2015-9-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

gas.tube Posted at 2015-9-24 22:49
I also tried the Litchi app this week and because I use an older tablet, Litchi would not run at all ...

it was running on my 4 year old galaxy note 10.1 tab, but since it does not fit the tab holder, too big, i got the galaxy tab S2 9.7. perfect. did my first autonomous way point flight this morning. what a pleasure! had the whole of last night to plot the route and save it. Litchi is great
2015-9-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

mrapl1 Posted at 2015-9-24 22:00
Just jumped on board the Litchi app myself due to the continual frustration of Go app still no ...

plotted my route plan last night and saved it. also first time so it took me some time to get to know the oprions. this morning first thing i loaded the flight plan into litchi and i am so impressed with the result. it precisely followed all the way points and focused the camera on the 3 points of interest i gave it.
2015-9-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-24 20:27
Dra,

I use Litchi all of the time with both my P2 and P3. I've been using it for about a year now ...

let me rephrase Litchi does not yet do video caching and therefore the app cannot save an mp4 video on your tab storage like DJI
2015-9-24
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

So if you use Litchi or any other third party App and there's an accident thats not down to pilot error would this affect any chance of a warrenty claim??
2015-9-25
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Maui Aerial Ima Posted at 2015-9-24 20:50

No, it doesn't and they don't have any immediate plans to port the app to iOS - though this may change dependant on perceived demand.
2015-9-25
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

draadkar Posted at 2015-9-24 21:24

No - the app you refer to is only to pair a second device (in this case iOS) to your Android device running the Litchi app. It is not the full version and it is only for use as a GPS source for the quad to follow.
2015-9-25
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-25 11:48
No - the app you refer to is only to pair a second device (in this case iOS) to your Android devic ...

thanks i did ask them and they said they do not have the Litchi app for iOS and it seems they do not plan on having it either. I have no problem with that cause am a samsung suporter for life.

2015-9-25
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

-=RaM=- Posted at 2015-9-25 11:07
So if you use Litchi or any other third party App and there's an accident thats not down to pilot er ...

I do not know and frankly i do not worry about it much because the flight is logged in detail anyway. Me being in Africa the warranty would not do me any good anyway ha ha ha
2015-9-25
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

-=RaM=- Posted at 2015-9-25 06:07
So if you use Litchi or any other third party App and there's an accident thats not down to pilot er ...

The aircraft is always saving the "official" flight logs internally no matter what software you are using or even if you aren't using any software at all. The USB port on the FRONT of the aircraft is how those are accessed.

Those data logs are not readable by anyone but DJI (that I know of), and they contain everything DJI needs to know what was going on. The logs being saved by the app on your device are only a small subset of that information and are intended for the app to use (flight replay, etc...).
2015-9-25
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-25 16:05
The aircraft is always saving the "official" flight logs internally no matter what software you ar ...

Thanks for the very informative info
2015-9-27
Use props
Astroboy66
New

Australia

Hi All. I recently purchased the Litchi App and would like to add my 2 cents worth. I have a DJI PH3 Pro and use an Ipad  mini. I have now flown 3 Waypoint missions which last on avg. 10 mins. The last returned home with 70% battety life and travelled a distance of 3300m. I live in a very tree lined peninsula by the very Picturesque Port Hacking River is Sydney Australia. Todays waypoint mission lost contact 1min into the 10min journey and returned home without any problem and provided me with amazing 4K video footage.
2016-8-28
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Astroboy66 Posted at 2016-8-28 17:31
Hi All. I recently purchased the Litchi App and would like to add my 2 cents worth. I have a DJI PH3 ...

I'll second your experience. I'm tuning a 98 waypoint 3.3 mile 15 minute mission that's an aerial tour of a large property nearby and Litchi has been flawless. And when I say tuning, it's simply fixing thing *I* programmed in incorrectly, not anything to do with the application.  
In the long run I think Autopilot (I have both) is a bit more exact, but in doing so has a steeper learning curve than Litchi.
2016-8-28
Use props
jhopper9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381355 ft
United States

Maui Aerial Ima Posted at 2015-9-24 15:50

Yes, and the newest release provide FPV (First Person View) which is great for using VR Glasses while flying.  
2016-8-28
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I also like Litchi and I have been using it exclusively for my important videos!

I also like the fact that:

1. I can create a mission on my windows pc and then go fly it in the field.

2. They have a quick access Home Lock and Course Lock buttons right on the app screen.
(I only wish DJI allowed Home Lock in Sport Mode)

3. Their logs shows the channel being used.  DJI does not.  
(this showed me that the P4 does not change channels as often as I thought it did; on the average, it's once every 7-10 minutes, not once every few seconds)

4. They implement user suggestions very fast.

2016-8-28
Use props
Ecrump310
New

United States

Why does my setting screen look different than most instruction videos
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules