Phantom 3 Standard - Extremely short/weak signal issues
54022 107 2015-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gameboybin
New
Belarus

Sadly i just got the drone and this problem got right out of the box. Tested the drone just out of the box. And it just loses the connection. Cannot go any higher than 10 meeters.
This is so sad.
2016-7-27
Use props
gameboybin
New
Belarus

Damn. I got this problem too. Right out of the box. Cannot fly higher than 10 meeters. What's wrong with this
2016-7-27
Use props
jochumo83
New

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-26 16:44
i'm sorry, I just noticed you have a Standard. What exactly is the issue?
The latest all in one fir ...

Hello i have also the same problem!! I am worried about this. I got Phantom 3 Standard 2 weeks ago. I directly update the last firmware by app. So i dont know about previous firm..
In this time I tested flights with my drone a few times, in a different places. The max. distance and elevation that i got before authomatic return home (weak and non signal) It was 30 meter elevation and 70 meter distance. I flought in open areas with correct position of my antena....
Please DJI clarify if it is a problem of firmware or it is because bad quality radio-control,or....?? I am in Spain. Should I change from EC TO FCC the radio-control to get better results?
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

gameboybin Posted at 2016-7-28 10:42
Damn. I got this problem too. Right out of the box. Cannot fly higher than 10 meeters. What's wrong  ...

Right out of the box may have beginner mode on.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jochumo83 Posted at 2016-8-3 21:24
Hello i have also the same problem!! I am worried about this. I got Phantom 3 Standard 2 weeks ag ...

You cannot change from CE to FCC, the aircraft knows which mode to be in based on your location.
Since you watched the video on Best Antenna Practices and have correct antenna orientation, and are flying in an open area there is no reason for it to go into RTH especially at 70m. Have you contacted support to see about sending it in for repair?
2016-8-3
Use props
jochumo83
New

Spain

Of course i quit the beginner mode. I didnt contact with support yet. Can I contact with support in Spain, althrough i got it by internet  from Hong Kong?
2016-8-3
Use props
markdelliott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 618471 ft

Ok, I live in the US, after the latest update, I was experiencing the signal loss issues, here is how I resolved the issue;
Start AC, R/C, App in that order. Make sure antenna is about 33° or so. Open camera to see the drones video feed from within DJI App. Now, I didn't notice this right away, but after the FW update, my Signal Loss was reset to 20m. I changed it to 400m. I then flew straight up. Normally it would signal loss at around 100 feet, I flew to 176' straight up, no loss.

It's pretty windy today, so I didn't want to risk anything. I'll try it again later when the wind is less and report back. I am pretty sure though that this fixed the issue.
2016-8-5
Use props
jochumo83
New

Spain

markdelliott Posted at 2016-8-5 22:47
Ok, I live in the US, after the latest update, I was experiencing the signal loss issues, here is ho ...

Hi Mark,

I have a question:

Where did you changed signal loss from 20 to 400m ??? Inside the app??

If I install other app different to DJI like (Litchi app). Could I avoid the loss signal after 30m up? I didnt try but maybe is a solution....

I called dji support Madrid and they told me that the new firmware has limited the distance from RC ....
AWFUL
2016-8-8
Use props
markdelliott
lvl.1
United States

So I finally got it back up.  First flight I was at 225 feet, no problem,  today I could barely get over 125 feet. So thug problem persists. The change I made didn't work.  So I'm also convinced this is a pays off the firmware issue. Before update I would fly up in the mountains with no issues,  now I'm affraid to even take it out there since 100 feet or so is nowhere near the altitude that I need. So DJI, whee can we expect a fix for this because all of my settings are fine and so is my controller.
2016-8-9
Use props
markdelliott
lvl.1
United States

So DJI support says distance is limited by firmware,  this is garbage.  I'm registered with the FAA and I know to fly below 400 feet etc., but this restriction actually keeps me from even flying further than 100 feet or so where I'm standing. That is beyond acceptable. I purchased this copter because I could get photos or video at some distance in the mountains, now I can't even get passed any trees. What's next, our cars will be limited to just the speed limit. If you, DJI, are going to limit our flights, at least be on the same page as the FAA regulations of less than 400 feet and that restriction should only be for altitude not distance.
2016-8-9
Use props
patblanche
New
France

Hello ,

I have got the very same issue.
A phantom 3 std + weak rc signal .
My drone was working well before.
I think the latest firmewire is bad
Any solutions?
2017-4-9
Use props
BartekN
New

Norway

Hi guys.
I measured all antena connectors in my controller. Those 2,4GHz seams to be shorted to ground. 5GHz in controller, 5GHz and 2,4GHz in Drone are not shorted to GND.  
Can anyone check properly working controller for this shortage?
I know it could be a coil bewteen antena signal and ground but it could also be broken capacitor.  
I disconnected 2,4GHz antennas and opened the shield od 2,4GHz module. The range was better than with antenas.

2017-4-13
Use props
cptmajestic1
lvl.1

United States

I confirmed this same issue after last P3S update. Before the update I could go to this place by my house, fly at 400 feet and as far away as I could see it with no warnings, now after the update, I get warnings like crazy barely off the ground.

Is there a way we can restore the old version? I thought the updates notes said it was supposed to reduce them, not increase them.

This is kind of ridiculous when you think about it.
2017-4-13
Use props
cptmajestic1
lvl.1

United States

This needs to be looked at, I'm not going to send my drone in for repair when it was fine before the update, something with the update is causing this problem. I get constant short/weak signal messages in a location where I never received them before this update.
2017-4-17
Use props
thrash_273
lvl.3
Flight distance : 595561 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have tested my drone P3s last saturday and had a blast clocking in 2 hrs of flight time. It did give me a maximum altitude warning at 120 meters which is the limit on FAA- 400ft. so far 16 flights under 2 weeks- no issues with anything. setting up this rig to travel abroad 4 weeks from now
2017-4-17
Use props
fans1a97f39f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312195 ft
United Kingdom

testing today i got 600 feet then put on home made signal booster and get 1100 feet still not good.
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=qcYiBo
2017-5-25
Use props
NandhanThiravia
New
Flight distance : 35761 ft
India

Hi All

I have similar issues, at 150 meters the bird loses the connection and RTH procedure begins, I am basically from India and using my P3S for filming. I feel pathetic when my client sees a P3S losing connection at mere 150m, it not only affects my dignity but even DJI's. I must say 1 year back when I was filming it was able to go to 500 meters and now it barely touches 150 meters. I remember doing two firmware updates. I believe it to be the firmware since I am out of beginner mode and I have set the maximum altitude as 500 meters, antennas are intact too.

Is there any plan of releasing a stable version of firmware by DJI ?
I have sent an e-mail too for help, hoping for the best to happen with my P3S.

Thanks

2017-7-11
Use props
droneLIVEaction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

funny to see this post, i got a ps3 a few months back,  and yeah never had good range (in Australia) ,  starting to see a trend with the majority of problems being out side the USA,   maybe they should not sell this product in these areas or at least say max range of 100m.
dji want me to return it but im tossing up returning it and getting another model.

any one have issues with the pro/advance ps3 outside the USA??

2017-9-24
Use props
droneLIVEaction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

normally i could get about 45m high, and 125m out before losing signal,  i just popped a $10 windsurfer and i got it to almost 65m high, and 200m distance before i had the lost signal warning,  then i saw that i had the wind surfer on upside down when i was looking at a picture of it :/ ***  so yeah ill charge my batteries up and try again,  interesting to see the increase in range from it being all the way over the antenna,  im not keen to put a bulky argtek on just to get a few hundred meters high,  
2017-10-10
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I’m in the U.K. and I’ve had 430m range before I lost the signal with a windsurfer fitted, that’s with power lines between me and the drone. I’ve not had a chance to test it in an open area yet. The wind gods are not playing nice.
2017-10-10
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

quadpilot Posted at 2017-10-10 08:59
good god this is a post dating back to 2015

If you read back this is an ongoing problem for some.
2017-10-10
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

theronmalone Posted at 2016-1-8 14:54
I would be interested in this as well when you have it for the Standard. Thanks!

I can not get above 99 feet I think it is a FAA deal depending  on where you  I live 4.7. miles from an airport &  I get a warning you are flying in a class C area. Think the last upgrade put in FAA rules me, cant fly higher than 99 ft. or farther than 99 ft. Used to fly is high & as far as I want, but I have 2 other Non DJI drones that I can fly as high & as far as I want.
2017-10-10
Use props
Libba
New
Suriname

Rodit_88@hotmai Posted at 2016-5-17 12:40
Typically, they provide an  upgrade and our P3s breaks, !!! it's on purpose 100%,
I noticed that my video signal came back 5 seconds when the low battery varing starter, trust me this FM update was ment to F¤uck this drone up,,
I will stop buying things from DJI!!! this

EXCACTLY!!
FORCING YOU TO BUY ANOTHER DRONE! BY JUST CHANGNG THE FIRMWARE!!

SERIEUSLY!!! HOW CAN A COMPANY LIKE THIS DO THINGS LIKE THIS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS??????
LEGALLY BEING F**KED BY DJI!!!!
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_4BmehYYQ0cvp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2241 ft

United States

The guy I bought my Phantom 3 from, stated he never updated the firmware because of all the horror stories he heard with the updates not being reliable.  I have a high gain antenna on my remote, so I'm not certain if it makes a huge difference as far as altitude or distance range.
Regardless of all I've mentioned, what good are firmware updates if it affects performance.  DJI software developers need to provide answers for these malfunctions otherwise no one will want to purchase these drones.

2020-10-17
Use props
djiuser_4BmehYYQ0cvp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2241 ft

United States

HARLEYSCOTTE Posted at 2017-10-10 09:50
I can not get above 99 feet I think it is a FAA deal depending  on where you  I live 4.7. miles from an airport &  I get a warning you are flying in a class C area. Think the last upgrade put in FAA rules me, cant fly higher than 99 ft. or farther than 99 ft. Used to fly is high & as far as I want, but I have 2 other Non DJI drones that I can fly as high & as far as I want.

Sounds like the firmware came with restrictions you should be able to disable......somehow.
2020-10-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-10-18
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-10-18
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Im from Spain (Ce region)  , i use this Mod for My short Range Phantom 3 Stardard , and it improve the Distance remarkably
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules