Update went perfectly..thanks Sploodge!
2015-11-29
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i did the fw 1.5 update and the craft will not record video on the five sd cards i have tried so far.  video does record on the phone.  

i updated the rc and the p3p and at first couldn't do the imu calibration.  there were no numbers in the boxes.  so i installed fw 1.4 and got the same result.  next i installed fw 1.5 again.  but then i uninstalled the go app on my samsung phone and reinstalled it.  this made everything work for the rc and the p3p, but video still will not record on the five sd cards i have tried.  one of them is an extreme,supposedly good for 80 mb/s or something.  any idea?
2015-11-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zlajevic Posted at 2015-11-29 07:03
Thanks for the explanation. What do you mean by rebooting the RC?

I mean turn it off and on again.. Sorry, I'm a systems engineer so anything that goes off then instantly back on again it called a reboot
2015-11-29
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-29 03:59
Times have changed. It still gets the point across.

Aloha Roger,

Yeah, you can see him getting the point!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-29
Use props
MLH
lvl.4

United States

tonycorsoimages Posted at 2015-11-27 17:39
Well this is the first time I've run into an issue doing the upgrade.  After I thought the craft was ...

Same problem here too p3 pro after FW just sits and beeps loudly and wont stop any ideas here would be appreciated. This sucks as I haven't had any issues till this FW update.Done many and never a issue.
Is there a fix for this you all may know of as I should have never has updated Im very bummed..
Help with this would be cool if possible.
2015-11-29
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

I too have a black screen from my live view and pictures/video also come out black.  Everything was just fine before the update.  I have tried from my iPhone and iPad, rebooted everything but the result is the same, black screen.  The DJI Go app says I have 2.4.2 on the apple devices 1.5.30 on the aircraft and 1.5.70 on the RC.  

What am I missing?!?  
2015-11-29
Use props
bomber1712
New
Flight distance : 496667 ft
United States

Thank you for the great tutorial.  Unfortunately, I am having trouble updating the RC.  I have a P3P.  Version for DJI GO app ver. 2.4.1.  I turn on the tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3), turn on the RC, then turn on Phantom 3 Pro.  When I go into camera view, under "overall status", it says "firmware version is the latest".  When I check firmware under "About", it tells me my RC is running 1.3.20 (P3P is on 1.5.30).  I've never updated the RC via the GO app before, and I am at a loss.  Any help?
EDIT:  I tried to restart everything.  Shut down tablet, RC and P3P.  Started tablet, then RC, then P3P.  Went into camera view and got "Updates Required" this time.  Clicked on it and got this message "The aircraft is required to update, please check the firmware upgrade tutorial videos in Academy".  Checked in "About" and now my P3P firmware shows N/A.  What gives?

2nd EDIT:  Restarted everything, again, and now I am back to the original post.  Says I am up to date.  No option to upgrade RC.
2015-11-30
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bomber1712@hotm Posted at 2015-12-1 01:46
Thank you for the great tutorial.  Unfortunately, I am having trouble updating the RC.  I have a P3P ...

Try to delete/reinstall the Go app ( make sure to sync the flight logs first ).
2015-11-30
Use props
bomber1712
New
United States

Thanks for the help!  I synced the logs, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, fired up RC and bird, and POOF, the RC update was there.  Downloaded and installed no problem.

2 items to note.  1. Before I uninstalled app, I was running 2.4.1 (Android) and the Play store did not have an update.  I also noted that DJI notes the current Android version is 2.4.1.  Once I uninstalled and reinstalled, I am now running 2.4.2.  Strange.

2. After the upgrade, I did not connect to the camera.  I shut everything down, rebooted (tablet, RC, then bird) and the camera connection was there.  As I was sitting there, the camera lost connection for a bit, again, but then reconnected.  I have not flown, yet, but I am worried about this issue.  Any thoughts?

2015-12-1
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bomber1712@hotm Posted at 2015-12-2 03:03
Thanks for the help!  I synced the logs, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, fired up RC and bird,  ...

On point 1: 2.4.2 appeared in the Android store yesterday so thats normal.

On point 2, I have seen a couple mentions of this but only when on the ground close to the P3.
2015-12-1
Use props
bomber1712
New
United States

sploodge, thank you SO much for the assistance!  
2015-12-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

I see you are still doing good work mate.
2015-12-2
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rayrokni Posted at 2015-12-3 03:40
I see you are still doing good work mate.

Still chugging along.. How are you fella?
2015-12-4
Use props
jb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-11-26 18:01
Reboot the tablet then try again,

what device are you using ?

Thanks for your comment.  After installing the latest firmware I kept getting "Aircraft warming up" and there was no telemetry either.  I tried several things until I saw your post to uninstall the Go App and reinstall.  This fixed my problem.  Huge relief.  

2015-12-5
Use props
deanward
lvl.1

United States

My R/C update failed . Now what it won't finish the update and keeps crashing.  In one night I have complete caused myself this hell on two Pro models. My advanced is the only one I have to fly for now.
I hate this new firmware I should of stayed with 1.40 it worked fine. I don't think DJI thought this through. I am going to try to use what you have posted and I do thank you.
Thank you very much for trying to help the average Phantom owners.
A warning to all, think long and hard before down this new version
2015-12-6
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

I been "spamming" my frustration on several foruns, but did have drifting on 1.4, and yesterday i confirm to have it with this 1.5....

Any chance of contacting DJI official to send me a file so i can roll back to 1.3.2?

The P3A came from RMA on Germany, with this new fw, and all values are ok. This is a problem some users like me are facing since 1.4...

I miss so much my 1.1.9....it was rock stable.

Thank you.
2015-12-6
Use props
fernando.gables
New

Argentina

Hi

I have a P3A. I have my RC completely dead with the status light in white color, instead of green. This happened when I tried to update the firmware via the app, when it asked me to. it downloaded the firmware but when installing, it failed and aparently "locked" my RC in a way I can't upgrade, nor connect it to the aircraft.
It seems like I had a version that I needed to update using the USB  card instead of trying to update directly from the app, although it asked me to do so....
Now I have my P3A useless since I can not make my RC work.
DJI has advice me to reset the RC by pressing 4 buttons on the RC and then tuning it on. I did it with no results.
Does anybody nows if I can reset or give life to my RC again, without sending the RC to reapair?
Appreciate any help.

Fernando
2015-12-7
Use props
marcoiki
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi i am from Argentina. (sorry for my english) i have a p3p with a samsung tab 4 7"..........2 days ago when i allready have the app version 2.4.1 i try to fly my drone and the app ask me to update to a 1.5.70 version....i allready download the firmware and install well. i torn off the craft+rc+tablet and try to start all again when i start the app showme the pic of a p3p and say in grey color " enter camera" and behing thats word say........."remote controller connected, please connect your aircraft" and if i tape the word " enter camera"  the app go into the camera but show me in red color the " NO SIGNAL" word and keep like this.

i all ready try with another tablet.........try to delete the app and install again and nothing...........allready try the reboot RC with c1+c2  and still death..........the RC dont do the sound that allways do.....and all the light its in white color and the first light ( before start in red and turn to green) now is white instead of green.

any kind of help was usefull.

thatks
Marco
2015-12-8
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

Hi how does the new yaw smoothing setting work?
2015-12-8
Use props
derrick.angus
New

United States

Tried updating my RC Firmware to 1.5.70 using Samsung S2 tablet and has been bricked ever since with the Blue Light of Death

I have tried the reinstall of the firmware using the C1, C2, Record, ISO method without any success . . . downloads update again successfully BUT sticks at 0% for a few minutes before failing, upon checking the Results.txt file in "Internal Storage\DJI\dji.pilot\Package" folder I can see the following error:

upgrade faileddevice[OSD]err{Timeout]reason[Enter LoaderMode Failed]

Has anyone encountered this error before and have idea how to resolve before I resort to sending my RC to DJI support?

Any assistance gratefully received,
Derrick
2015-12-9
Use props
marcoiki
lvl.1

Argentina

i allready repair the firmware error......i have to downgrade the firmware of the RC.......delete de APP.......download again the app......and conect the RC to the tablet....and when the APP ask me to download the new firmware i acepted and start to downloading and install the firmware and go succes......BUTTTTTTTTT today i go to try to fly
in the first try i fly for 15 minutos ( until the baterry came to 20%) and change the battery and start again to flying.......when i goes on 30% of baterry spend the drone start to make a 360 grades turn WITHOUT CONTROL and star to going high..........y change the mode flight to F mode and the drone get estabilized for 2 seconds then start to fall down........and crash to the floor......i broke the shell and some part of the central mother board :/
and i am from argentina and i dont have the change to send back to EEUU for the waranty i dont know what to do.........and DJI support DONT ask my question
2015-12-9
Use props
Tom2slick
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-1 15:24

How do you sync the flight logs?
2015-12-11
Use props
Tom2slick
lvl.1

United States

I've already successfully upgraded to version 1.5.70
2015-12-11
Use props
Tom2slick
lvl.1

United States

I've already successfully upgraded to version 1.5.70
2015-12-11
Use props
Tom2slick
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-1 15:24

How do you sync log files?
2015-12-11
Use props
Tom2slick
lvl.1

United States

derrick.angus Posted at 2015-12-9 20:30
Tried updating my RC Firmware to 1.5.70 using Samsung S2 tablet and has been bricked ever since with ...

What is the "c1,c2,record,iso, method" of reinstalling RC firmware?
2015-12-11
Use props
Tom2slick
lvl.1

United States

derrick.angus Posted at 2015-12-9 20:30
Tried updating my RC Firmware to 1.5.70 using Samsung S2 tablet and has been bricked ever since with ...

What is the "c1,c2,record,iso, method" of reinstalling RC firmware?
2015-12-11
Use props
Mauro Pagliai
First Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you. nice work as usual, Sploodge.
2015-12-11
Use props
noimage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295463 ft
United States

Thank you for posting this. I just received my new Phantom Pro today and was having issues with the update process.
2015-12-17
Use props
Tom2slick
lvl.1

United States

This does not apply.
My update was seccessfull.
Gimbal wheel won't move camera down
2015-12-20
Use props
towheaded-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this version 1.5.70 of the RC backward compatible with older versions of the firmware on the p3p specifically 1.3.20? p3p running 1.3.20 fw and 1.5.70 on the rc with latest DJI go app.
2016-1-2
Use props
phantomtrucker3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks again Splooge,   Have just done imu and gimbal calibration and rc came up with ( update controller )  so followed this thread of yours  easy peasy.  cheers . T
2016-1-4
Use props
phillbarnes9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Many thanks splodge. Made it nice and easy
2016-1-4
Use props
a.alonso.gdo
New

Spain

Hi, i have an issue with this rc firmware version, any time i started the app request the update normally i have to upgrade several times and restart the rc and aircraft in oder to work properly. Any body has had this issue? any idea?.
Thanks
2016-1-10
Use props
BigOne
lvl.2
United States

Hi Sploodge
I followed your instructions, but I don't get the Download Firmware message in the Overall Status. I have not figured out how to get into settings on my RC to check which version I have. Grrrrr Got any ideas?
2016-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules