Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-11
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Never go over 1.4 Firmware , ever , and i bet the 1.7 the so called fix for vibration , will have hidden crap that will force us to update to
the crappy new DJI  go app 2.5.0 that locks you where you can't fly anywhere.
Never update your go app no matter what , you will be screwed , stay on 2.4.3 for ever.
Turn off all automatic updates on all your devices tonight , or it will sneak in on you. if you think it updated the
go app , Do not plug it into your controller , or its to late you are doomed , life as you know it will be over.
you will be locked down for ever.

I am on 1.4 firmware on the drone and 2.4.3 on the app , My P3P is flying good.
This is where i am going to stay .
2016-1-11
Use props
SamJH7
lvl.1
Australia

Cabralkev Posted at 2016-1-10 18:48
Slow to react to what? To weather change? Gust of wind? Or is it slow when you move the Phantom wit ...

I just noticed that when I'm not giving it any stick, it doesn't hold its spot as well...still not too bad though really. Same with if I put on the brakes when flying...it won't react as fast. I'm just giving it a bit more stick to react faster though. DJI Ken was right though, definitely feels smoother for video (for me anyway).
2016-1-11
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

SamJH7 Posted at 2016-1-12 02:56
I just noticed that when I'm not giving it any stick, it doesn't hold its spot as well...still not ...

Oh I see. Yeah mine tries to stay in place when hovering pretty good. Not perfect, but for something that isn't mounted on to a tripod, I'm impressed . Just waiting for the 1.7 update to come out in hopes to fix our vibration issues. Maybe then we can raise the gains a bit more. Also I have my brake set to 90 instead of default 100. I find 100 is to aggressive and I'm worried it will cause stress cracks.
2016-1-12
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-12 06:42
I'm down to 1.4 from 1.5 it did not help....  I adjusted the gains and noticed an improvement but  ...

I tried 80.80.80.100 but it didn't work correctly. Is it possible that before upgrading it worked perfectly and after upgrading i had a vibration?
2016-1-12
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

ChrisC Posted at 2016-1-12 08:40
Never go over 1.4 Firmware , ever , and i bet the 1.7 the so called fix for vibration , will have h ...

Hi, let me underatand please...
If i upgrade to 1.7 without upgrading the app i will not have a restrictions?
2016-1-12
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-12 21:33
If i upgrade to 1.7 without upgrading the app i will not have a re ...

and how do you know the final version of 1.7 wont have hidden
code in it like the 2.5.0 app did.  Thats just it , You don't know that.
Not willing to take that chance.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-12 13:37
Hi Ken, it would be better let us downgrading from 1.6 to 1.4 too... Send dji this request please. ...

You can only downgrade to 1.5. If you still have the vibrations after multiple upgrades/downgrades, IMU calibrations, reset all settings, lowering basic gains, then you will need to contact the nearest support center for warranty repair.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-12 13:42
I'm down to 1.4 from 1.5 it did not help....  I adjusted the gains and noticed an improvement but  ...

I'm sorry about that, I thought that you had sent your in already.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ChrisC Posted at 2016-1-12 15:40
Never go over 1.4 Firmware , ever , and i bet the 1.7 the so called fix for vibration , will have h ...

1.7 is the beta firmware for the GEO Fence.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system

You are totally stay on 1.4 if you feel that works the best for you. DJI does not force you to update, buy yes, turn off automatic updates on your device if you do not wish to update.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SamJH7 Posted at 2016-1-12 15:56
I just noticed that when I'm not giving it any stick, it doesn't hold its spot as well...still not ...

You can try another IMU and compass calibration to make it stay more put in a no wind environment.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2016-1-12 16:30
Oh I see. Yeah mine tries to stay in place when hovering pretty good. Not perfect, but for somethin ...

1.7 is out BUT it's a beta firmware for the Geo Fence, you can always downgrade if you do not like getting the authorizations to fly.
BUT, for people that were restricted who lived in a airport no fly zone, they are now able to fly.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-12 21:31
I tried 80.80.80.100 but it didn't work correctly. Is it possible that before upgrading it worked  ...

yes, that's what everyone on this thread is talking about. Some cases up upgrading on older Phantoms induced vibrations. You can do a warranty repair if you cannot eliminate them.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-12 21:33
If i upgrade to 1.7 without upgrading the app i will not have a re ...

In order for the 1.7 Beta GEO firmware to work, you must also update the GO app to the Beta 2.4.3 from this page. It's only available for Android at this time.
You can always downgrade the aircraft and the app if you want.
2016-1-12
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

ChrisC Posted at 2016-1-12 15:37
and how do you know the final version of 1.7 wont have hidden
code in it like the 2.5.0 app did.   ...

Infact i asked you that! excuseme for my english...

I need know if upgrading only the aircraft and don't upgrading the app, i have a restrictions.
2016-1-12
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 16:01

Is it only for geofences or for vibrations issue too?
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-13 01:25
Is it only for geofences or for vibrations issue too?

Geofence only
2016-1-12
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

Thanks, so if i can't solve the problem by Gian i have to send it in for repair?....
2016-1-12
Use props
LanceR
New
Romania

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-1 12:43
Hi ,
Please upload the data of the vibration to Dropbox when your drone vibrates in the air  .  The ...

Is there a way to downgrade to 1.4 after "upgrading" to 1.6?  I should have tested after 1.5, but went on to 1.6.  Bad vibration, tried everything.  Need to go back to 1.4.  I sent notice to DJI but no response.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-13 02:24
Thanks, so if i can't solve the problem by Gian i have to send it in for repair?....

Yes, if lowering the basic gains down to 80, reset all settings, IMU calibration, compass calibration, gimbal calibration, and all that does not work then you will need to contact support in your area.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-1-12
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

How can we try your geofence if we cant fly with this vibration problem. İ CANT FLY my friend. This vibration is killing me. Please Dji we do not need geofence we need to fix vibration. After that maybe we could talk abaout your geo fence.
2016-1-12
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

How can we try your geofence if we cant fly with this vibration problem. İ CANT FLY my friend. This vibration is killing me. Please Dji we do not need geofence we need to fix vibration. After that maybe we could talk abaout your geo fence.
2016-1-12
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 17:01

2016-1-12
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

2016-1-12
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

ismailtekin Posted at 2016-1-12 19:58
How can we try your geofence if we cant fly with this vibration problem. İ CANT FLY my friend. Th ...

Exactly, perfect. Before thinkimg about geofence, solve the vibration issue please... We paid 1000$ for good product, not for geofence...
2016-1-12
Use props
franklmendonca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 10:46
Awesome, I'm sure your replacement will be fine.

Well...the replacement P3A is not fine.  It, too, vibrates...first flight out of the box.  It came with 2 bad "black" props.  It looks like the holes are at an angle.  When installing and uninstalling the props, you can see a very bad wobble.  At least there were 2 good black props in the package.  With those on, the vibration is not as bad but it is still unacceptable.  I'll probably be returning this one also and not buying another until DJI gets their $hi+ together...or maybe I'll start looking at other manufacturers.  This is absurd.  It came with controller version 1.5.7 and firmware version 1.4.10+.

I flew my P3P also right after the P3A test flight.  The P3P is rock solid and totally smooth.  I updated the firmware on it when I received it in late May last year and have not updated anything since.  After this debacle,  I don't think I will ever update it.
Edit:  Changed gain settings to 80/80/80/100.  Made absolutely no difference.  Video is still unacceptably shakey.
2016-1-12
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

One more suggestion - check your white rubber shock absorbers - one of mine had split and after replacing it, I dont appear to have any significant video vibration.

I reported earlier that I had set gains to 80,80,80,100 per Ken's suggestion so I dont know if that helped as well. I still have some drift and vibrations but at least I figured out the video vibrations. Will do yet another set of cals.

Thanks again to Ken for fielding these vibration issues from users.
2016-1-12
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-12
Use props
franklmendonca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-13 04:41
this is really disappointing , I feel your pain lol '
Quality control is the key in operating a goo ...

Temperature was 29 degrees...but I took the P3A and controller straight out of the cabin and onto the deck and flew within a minute or two, so everything was at room temp.  Temperature had nothing to do with it, or the P3P would not have flown perfectly.
I may be through buying expensive paperweights from DJI.  It's too bad.  I've bought more than a half dozen of their Phantoms and never had any problems until the last couple of P3A's.  The last 2 I've received have been totally useless.
2016-1-12
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

franklmendonca Posted at 2016-1-12 21:47
Temperature was 29 degrees...but I took the P3A and controller straight out of the cabin and onto t ...

We are talking about this problem since to much time, i think dji should find a solution early...
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

franklmendonca Posted at 2016-1-13 04:01
Well...the replacement P3A is not fine.  It, too, vibrates...first flight out of the box.  It came  ...

I'm sorry for the issue again, since you have another one, just reply to your email RMA and send it back in.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bletzinger Posted at 2016-1-13 04:41
One more suggestion - check your white rubber shock absorbers - one of mine had split and after repl ...

No problem, it seems to be helping most everyone except a few. for those, you just need to send it it for warranty repair.
2016-1-12
Use props
franklmendonca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 06:10
I'm sorry for the issue again, since you have another one, just reply to your email RMA and send i ...

I bought the newest one from Amazon.  I'll try some calibrations tomorrow, but if they don't do any good, it's being returned just as the one I returned to B&H a few days ago.  It seems that DJI's vendors would start getting upset with DJI products being returned for the same issue.  I wrote a not-so-glowing review on Amazon warning prospective buyers about the vibration issues.  The local sheriff just bought an Advanced and an Inspire with FLIR, etc.  I will be one of the pilots since I work with Search and Rescue.  I haven't had a chance to fly his new Advanced yet, but I will certainly be watching for the vibration.  I already warned him not to update the firmware.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

franklmendonca Posted at 2016-1-13 06:23
I bought the newest one from Amazon.  I'll try some calibrations tomorrow, but if they don't do an ...

Thing to remember, the number of people with the vibration issue is probably less than 1% so the chance of the Sheriff having a vibration issue is slim to none (but it can happen)
And the Inspire/Flir won't be available for a few months.
2016-1-12
Use props
franklmendonca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 06:28
Thing to remember, the number of people with the vibration issue is probably less than 1% so the c ...

He has an Inspire with FLIR sitting in his office.  I checked it out the other day.  It may not be DJI's FLIR.  I won't name the vendor, but this company is selling a lot of pretty nice packages to law enforcement agencies.  The sheriff has more than $10,000 in his setup.

After my experience, I don't believe that just 1% of Phantom users have the vibration issue.  100% of the Phantoms I've received in the last month have the issue...from 2 different sources.  Many people might just think it's normal.  I have enough experience with these things to know that it is not.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

franklmendonca Posted at 2016-1-13 06:41
He has an Inspire with FLIR sitting in his office.  I checked it out the other day.  It may not be  ...

From the units sold and what's sent if for vibration repair is probably less then 1%.
2016-1-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

bletzinger Posted at 2016-1-12 20:41
One more suggestion - check your white rubber shock absorbers - one of mine had split and after repl ...

I had the same, but I think it was the vibrations that caused the split, not the other way round.
2016-1-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

franklmendonca Posted at 2016-1-12 20:47
Temperature was 29 degrees...but I took the P3A and controller straight out of the cabin and onto t ...

There's a possibility from others reports (& my experiences) that the air temperature could make it worse as it changes air pressure, humidity etc. & hence flying characteristics.  Nothing to do with electronics.  Mine was much worse below freezing.  One problem being that if, like me, the vibrations appear to have gone after adjustments, they may re-appear in colder weather.
2016-1-12
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-12 18:11
I had the same, but I think it was the vibrations that caused the split, not the other way round.

I would guess that also although I cant be sure. At least the gimbal is able to damp out remaining video vibration after replacing the shock absorber. I check for drone vibration at beginning and end of flight (eye level hover). The P3P seems much jumpier at the beginning right after launch (visible shake and movement especially altitude) than it does when I do the hover check prior to landing. I have done multiple IMU, gimbal and compass cals and check flights. I was worried but after several long distance flights with no issues, I realized the hover right after launch unsteadiness/vibration hasn't caused any flight issues. Maybe temp related? Although I'm at 60-70 deg F here. I'm at FW 1.6, DJI app 2.5 after I realized my drone had already eaten the geofencing "feature" with the auto DJI app upgrade.
Hoping DJI comes up with a firmware fix so vibration doesnt cause any structural issues. I don't think I'm ready to send it in for warranty repair after reading some of the experiences of other users but I might send it in when i go back to the cold climate.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

LanceR Posted at 2016-1-13 02:55
Is there a way to downgrade to 1.4 after "upgrading" to 1.6?  I should have tested after 1.5, but  ...

You can only downgrade the firmware version to 1.5.3 . If the problem still exists ,  please contact your dealer or support center about that .
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules