o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RuBesslov Posted at 2016-1-13 11:55
Ken,

How i can send my P3P for warranty repair?

Here is the link to support. You would need to call the EU support center or email to start the repair process.
2016-1-12
Use props
sepatkr1
lvl.2

Ok, so now I have sent my dear bird to Dji Europe in the Netherlands, hope they can fix the vibrations. Miss her already...
2016-1-13
Use props
franklmendonca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I cured my vibration problems!  The first P3A with the updated firmware has been sent back to B&H.  I got a return authorization from Amazon to send the second back but thought I would try a few things first.  I calibrated the IMU, auto-calibrated the gimbal, re-calibrated the compass, statically balanced the props (most were slightly out of balance, one was way out), set the gains back to 100, and went out for a test flight.  It's perfectly smooth now!  However, I'm not going to push my luck by updating the firmware until a new version comes out that addresses the vibration issues.  I also updated the review I left on Amazon.
2016-1-13
Use props
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

United States

franklmendonca Posted at 2016-1-13 19:34
I cured my vibration problems!  The first P3A with the updated firmware has been sent back to B&H.   ...

This is a good news!!
Thanks for sharing, I will try as soon as possible!
2016-1-13
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

franklmendonca Posted at 2016-1-13 19:34
I cured my vibration problems!  The first P3A with the updated firmware has been sent back to B&H.   ...

How do we balance our props?
2016-1-14
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-7 22:10
They are working on it. If in the meantime the vibrations cannot be minimized and you cannot get c ...

Should not the solution be to revert the changes, or adjust the changes that was made in the firmware, and release a new firmware,  instead of sending the Phantom in for repair?

Asking people to send in the machines for warranty is to walk over the bridge to get the water. (Unless the firmware actually destroys the ESC or IMU, much like the firmware for OSMO destroyed the WiFi module).

Please come back and tell us if this vibration issue is a:
Firmware fault
or
if the users who have upgraded  and have vibration actually have hardware problem that needs repair.
2016-1-14
Use props
sepatkr1
lvl.2

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-14 10:17
Should not the solution be to revert the changes, or adjust the changes that was made in the firmw ...

According DJI Ken it's less than 1% who have this problem and if it fails to come to grips with the vibrations through the settings, then you should send in the Phantom for a warranty repair.
2016-1-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

franklmendonca Posted at 2016-1-14 00:34

Has anything else changed?  air temperature for example? or wind?
2016-1-14
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

sepatkr1 Posted at 2016-1-14 14:33
According DJI Ken it's less than 1% who have this problem and if it fails to come to grips wit ...

Yes, I understand that. What I want to know is if 1.5 firmware upgrade broke something in hardware (like the OSMO upgrade did before they fixed it). Or if a firmware will fix it for those who have gotten vibrations after 1.5 (nothing got broken in hardware, it's just a firmware software issue).

See post: 369#

If it is only the firmware software, then what are they repairing?
2016-1-14
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

sepatkr1 Posted at 2016-1-13 13:40
Ok, so now I have sent my dear bird to Dji Europe in the Netherlands, hope they can fix the vibratio ...

Hi, i have to do the some thing... What did you put inside the box?
2016-1-14
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a healthy vibration last Sunday.  A chat rep advised me to downgrade to 1.5 and then back up to 1.6 to see if that fixed it.  I was going to do a before-and-after video, but the vibration is now gone.  The only difference is that Sunday I was outside in some pretty good wind, and my test today was inside.
2016-1-14
Use props
sepatkr1
lvl.2

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-14 14:57
Yes, I understand that. What I want to know is if 1.5 firmware upgrade broke something in hardware ...

I dont now if the firmware broke something on my Phantom, but if I have understood everything correctly and according DJI, they have to change out some of the older engines that are not compatible with the new firmwares.
2016-1-14
Use props
franklmendonca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2016-1-14 16:53
How do we balance our props?

There are several prop balancers out there.  The one I use is called the Speedy Prop Balancer.  It's cheap and easy to use.  Some people don't think prop balancing is necessary with quads, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
2016-1-14
Use props
franklmendonca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-14 21:43
Has anything else changed?  air temperature for example? or wind?

Nothing changed.  I still don't think weather is a factor in the vibrations.  I flew my older P3P before and after each of the P3A flights.  It has been rock steady.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-14 17:17
Should not the solution be to revert the changes, or adjust the changes that was made in the firmw ...

They are working on a solution and until then you can keep it like it is or send it in for repair.
I don't think the customer should stay unhappy until a solution is made. At least DJI is paying the bill to have it shipped in and returned if you want an immediate fix.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-14 21:57
Yes, I understand that. What I want to know is if 1.5 firmware upgrade broke something in hardware ...

I don't know the reason why it happened and won't know until the techs find a solution.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sepatkr1 Posted at 2016-1-14 23:52
I dont now if the firmware broke something on my Phantom, but if I have understood everything corr ...

Basically for now until a resolution is found, you can send it in and they will install new motors and control board and it will fix the issue.
2016-1-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

bobasbury Posted at 2016-1-14 15:17
I had a healthy vibration last Sunday.  A chat rep advised me to downgrade to 1.5 and then back up t ...

That's what mine was like.  It could be the wind or it could be to do with having a GPS signal.  either way. it'll probably vibrate again when you go outside.
2016-1-14
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 17:45
I don't know the reason why it happened and won't know until the techs find a solution.

Thank you, Ken.
2016-1-14
Use props
vikpokorny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 561040 ft
Czechia

Dear friends,
I have similar story as you... I got P3A with old motors on Christmas (in store in czech republic they have probably full stock of models with older motors and still are selling it), I did FW update from old ver to v1.4 and then directly to 1.6. First two days P3A was flying good. Outside temp was 10degC. Next days I started to observe strong vibrations. Only one change which happened was outside temp going down to 3 degC.

I made several tests to be able describe more the behaviour of aircraft to DJI tech support.  First I did calibration of IMU. Aircraft was standing on floor stone with level (measured with water level tool). Everytime when I started motors on the ground still before take off the aircraft started fidget / wiggle with body. It was mainly represented as shaking of arms with motors with visible deflection of arm about 1cm from its axis. I tried to record it on camera in my mobile phone but vibrations seemed with higher frequency so couldn't be properly recorded and seen on video, sometimes vibrations were visible as apparent unreal frequency difference. When hovering after some time the vibrations have been decreasing but still major and visible. When I set Yaw gain in app to 80% the vibrations little bit decreased but still are there. In flight video, even there is stabilization with gimbal, there is very very small horizontal shaking of image which makes it unpleasant to watch.

Last day I tried to compare flight outside with temp 3deC and inside building without GPS signal and with 20degC ambient temp. Ouside vibrations, inside building placid flight....

With agreement of DJI tech support I sent it to warranty repair via my local store I have bought from...

Kind Regards
Viktor, Czech Republic

2016-1-15
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I'll be out tomorrow morning in the cold again (-5C) so will be able to see how it performs...fingers crossed!
2016-1-15
Use props
Dan30
lvl.2

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 23:05
1.7 is out BUT it's a beta firmware for the Geo Fence, you can always downgrade if you do not like ...

it's a joke? They did not say they were working to fix the vibrations? or they are working in GEO? DJI stinks
2016-1-16
Use props
fdanell
lvl.1

Sweden

Man, I just got my P3P back from a looong repair (Blurry pictures from camera). The report says they changed the camera and part34 (because of Hardware BUG), and it now seems that I have the vibration problem to! :/ It scares the hell out of me that people have had this problem for a month!
2016-1-16
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-15 23:21
I'll be out tomorrow morning in the cold again (-5C) so will be able to see how it performs...finger ...

Well, I went out today & the temperature was -4.3C. I started the motors & the vibrations re-appeared same as before on the ground, although once the motors spun up to take off the vibrations disappeared, so it would seem it's temperature related, or at least, cold temperatures make it worse.  Guess I'll just have to get it off the ground quickly in cold weather.
2016-1-16
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40269 ft
United States

MoonShadow Posted at 2015-11-30 12:03
The craft will oscillate at given rpms that is inevitable, a harder shell might help

https://www.yo ...

Thanks for posting the video of the vibration.  I have not observed it (yet) in my P3 standard and will be on the lookout.
2016-1-16
Use props
rrmaxwell
lvl.1

Cayman Islands

Ok so i have been lurking on this thread for 5 weeks now and here's how i solved the vibration issue. Ever since setting up my p3 pro and i see where they say the props are self tightening i just never think that could be possible. So i still went ahead and put the props on normal with no tightening and it flew normal until  when i updated to the 1.6 firmware.  Just as the update was completed along with all my 4 batteries i got the vibration on 1 of the arms just before take off. I did a 5 feet take off after that then land and the vibration is still there but about 20% less. I then said to myself that maybe the update changed the characteristics of the motors and the arm that was vibrating didnt tighten so well. So i then shut the motors off, take off the props and then put them back on and tighten with the wrench that came with it. The vibration went away immediately. So i am wondering if the update they added to turn the motors down if its causing an issue with the self tightening feature.
I also did all 3 calibrations and i am flying normal just like the 1.4 did for over 2 weeks now everyday running out all 4 batteries along with all my gains default at 100. Even last night i had it running all 4 batteries down to 60% without taking off and no vibration.
I hope this helps.
2016-1-17
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

rrmaxwell Posted at 2016-1-17 18:39
Ok so i have been lurking on this thread for 5 weeks now and here's how i solved the vibration issue ...

Hi, thanks for your post. I did't understand, did you change your props?
2016-1-18
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

Ok so i have been lurking on this thread for 5 weeks now and here's how i solved the vibration issue ...

2016-1-18
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

2016-1-18
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

2016-1-18
Use props
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

United States

rrmaxwell Posted at 2016-1-17 12:39

Thanks for you post!! I'll try that!
2016-1-19
Use props
rrmaxwell
lvl.1

Cayman Islands

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-19 01:43
Hi, thanks for your post. I did't understand, did you change your props?

Nope same props. All i did was tighten them with the wrench that came with the p3 that everybody seems to ignore. Then did full calibration on a level surface.
2016-1-19
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

rrmaxwell Posted at 2016-1-19 13:27
Nope same props. All i did was tighten them with the wrench that came with the p3 that everybody s ...

You only tightened the props?
2016-1-19
Use props
rrmaxwell
lvl.1

Cayman Islands

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-19 09:08
You only tightened the props?

Yup thats all. I had vibrations when i just put them on normal and it stopped when i use the wrench on them.
2016-1-19
Use props
Tautvilas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

I will try this. And if it will work, I'll have no words. How and why
2016-1-19
Use props
mauritsvandinth
lvl.1

Netherlands

Strange fact.
I Always tighten the props with the wrench, i have a good reason for that.
And i also have the vibration.
So in don't think this is a solution.

The reason i tighten the props with the wrench is because when they are loose, they will come off!
When the motors have to correct a position of the phantom, they can suddenly drop rpm. When the prop is loose, it will twist itself from the motor, and you will loose the phantom.
2016-1-19
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

there has been long time that dji crew didnt find any solution or fix for our p3's. i think they dont care about us "costumers". i think what we should  do is we record videos with our p3 pro with ugly shaky videos and put them on youtube. Warn  people WHO think to buy dji products. be aware them not to buy and Show them what they get if they buy phantoms and also Show how careless the DJİ support is.

we dont waste our Money for useless vibrating and jello videos. now my friends if you agree with me lets post our videos (bad vibrated videos) on you tube with title "DJİ Phantom P3 pro vibrating Video" or something like that.

i dont want other people to be dissapointed after buying their product like us any more.
2016-1-20
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

And please DJi-Ken Do not advise anyone to change gain settings. Just tell us when there will be fixing update.
2016-1-20
Use props
RuBesslov
lvl.1

Russia

sepatkr1 Posted at 2016-1-13 19:40
Ok, so now I have sent my dear bird to Dji Europe in the Netherlands, hope they can fix the vibratio ...

Thank you! My bird flew to Germany for repair. I miss her and waiting for her return with new engines :-)
2016-1-24
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules