Software update 1.5 and vibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

Dan30 Posted at 2016-2-26 03:04
Dji are think in phantom 4, They let us with  a drone full of vibrations

Hi Ken, are there any news about vibration caused by firmware upgrade (1.4>1.5 or 1.6)?
2016-2-28
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I flew my P3P this morning from a mountain top (750m ASL) in -7C & moderate wind & it looked like it was going self-destruct it was vibrating that badly while on the ground.  It was ok once in the air though, albeit a little difficult to control with the gains right down.  Further down the mountain out of the wind & in warmer conditions it was much better.  Near sea level in +8C & out of the wind it was perfect.
2016-2-28
Use props
vikpokorny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 561040 ft
Czechia

nigelw Posted at 2016-2-28 22:08
I flew my P3P this morning from a mountain top (750m ASL) in -7C & moderate wind & it looked like it ...

This is confirming theory it is matter of ambient temperature and air pressure.

Did you try load your copter by some weight when vibrating?
I am waiting to receive a propellers  guards, then instal them and compare behavior....

2016-2-28
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

vikpokorny Posted at 2016-2-28 21:23
This is confirming theory it is matter of ambient temperature and air pressure.

Did you try load  ...

Temperature is likely, but not so sure about air pressure.  Also, it could just as easily be the various sensors being affected as anything else since it appears to be affected by gains adjustments.

No, I didn't add weight.  There's a good chance it'll increase stress on the airframe even more.
2016-2-28
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-23 17:10
Yesterday they said they will contact you soon.
They are in Germany so I don't know the workload t ...

Hi ken, sorry but i still haven't been contacted!
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

kancur Posted at 2016-2-29 17:39
Hi ken, sorry but i still haven't been contacted!

Give me your ticket number again and I will look into it.
2016-2-29
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-29 15:57

Thanks,  ticket number from the last RMA is:
160209F6U-PH5072
2016-2-29
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

kancur Posted at 2016-2-29 16:10
Thanks,  ticket number from the last RMA is:
160209F6U-PH5072

Hi ken,
nothing about vibration issue???
2016-3-3
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-3-3 13:55
Hi ken,
nothing about vibration issue???

I sent my Phantom 3 Pro to DJI for repair. Told them I had a vibration issue. They replaced 2 motor's and said 'repaired and tested'. So when I got my hands on the aircraft, I thought it was 'fixed. I flew it and allowed it to hover. Vibrations are still apparent. Had to lower the gains again. So when will DJI fix this. It's still below 0 degree celicus here in Toronto. Can the temperature play a roll in these vibrations?
2016-3-3
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-24 22:09
Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the update.

Hi ken. İs there any improvement for vibration issue. İ wanted to send my drone to dji but what people 's told that dji doesnt fix it and do nothing so what will be then. Will we go on our life with vibration and dji want us to drink cold water after paying so much. İ think u dont care about this since the p4 is out.
2016-3-5
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

ismailtekin Posted at 2016-3-5 11:35
Hi ken. İs there any improvement for vibration issue. İ wanted to send my drone to dji but what  ...

Dji miust solve the vibration issue. Dji can't let us alone... We paied 1000$
2016-3-5
Use props
csctech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58150 ft
Canada

The first post here for this problem was back in Nov. 2015 and earlier in other places . To still read others posts having shipped  units in and receiving back the same issue not repaired is VERY disappointing.
Clearly there has been little effort to solve this by DJI . By now with all the drones returned to them they should know exactly what is the cause is.
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ismailtekin Posted at 2016-3-5 18:35
Hi ken. İs there any improvement for vibration issue. İ wanted to send my drone to dji but what  ...

They will repair it if they see it vibrating after a firmware update.  Also the specs are 0-40c, I suggest getting a video from the camera showing the unstable video and also a close up video showing the aircraft vibrating and include those links to your ticket and if they test and it does the same then they will repair it.
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

csctech Posted at 2016-3-6 00:42
The first post here for this problem was back in Nov. 2015 and earlier in other places . To still re ...

In the extreme cold and operating outside of the specs of 0-40c the aircraft may not preform like it does when operated within specs.
If you are operating within the specs and have a vibration issue then please follow above instructions in my prior post and contact support.
2016-3-5
Use props
csctech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58150 ft
Canada

Just a note on the theory that it is cold weather , my Phantom 3 pro will vibrate sitting on my bench idling inside at room temperature .
(with motors running ,but  not flying , also props are new so not a balance issue)
2016-3-5
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-5 18:55
They will repair it if they see it vibrating after a firmware update.  Also the specs are 0-40c, I ...

yes tempature was 15 c degree it was well enough to fly. there was no wind. could you please help me to send my drone. i live in Turkey. how will i send it to them.  and is this video enough to show vibration effect on video .
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ismailtekin Posted at 2016-3-6 05:32
yes tempature was 15 c degree it was well enough to fly. there was no wind. could you please help  ...

I sent an email to the Netherlands repair center, they will contact you.
Have you ever crashed it, or have you damaged any propellors, have you changed the vibration dampeners, Have you lowered your basic gains?

Just some things to check.
2016-3-5
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-5 23:51
I sent an email to the Netherlands repair center, they will contact you.
Have you ever crashed it, ...

Okey here is my story. Yes i had a crash. But it was okey. Nothing broken inside or nothing changed. So i contınue to fly as before. But then 1.5 firmware released and after update it has started to vibrate. İn the video the gains are set to %80. So yes i have change the settinggs. But nothing changed.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ismailtekin Posted at 2016-3-6 18:44
Okey here is my story. Yes i had a crash. But it was okey. Nothing broken inside or nothing change ...

I see, well since it was crashed and you said it worked fine afterwards then the repair center will decide what to do.
I already sent an email and the repair center will be contacting you.
2016-3-6
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-29 15:57

DJI-Ken, any news??...
The horizon problem was resolved in the last RMA, however the camera(or phantom maybe) does not point straight when flying forward and backwards in gps mode. In a video it seems like a phantom is flying a bit sideways. When I point the center of the screen at some distant object and fly towards it in GPS mode, the phantom will drift aside/ or the camera wasn't really pointing forward but a bit to the side.It would be great if we can center the camera ourselves, the same way as we can straighten the horizon.

And what is the worst, the pictures and videos are WAY out of focus!Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3y0gvv62wwo8q0/DJI_0049outoffocus.MP4?dl=0
Unusuable footage. Here is a photo taken while phantom was sitting on the ground, engines off
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtcjm4ge64tqxje/DJI_0066.JPG?dl=0And of course I still have BAD vibration problems, flying well above 0 celsius limit. It was around 12 celsius and the vibration was really bad.

So are there any news with my latest RMA, where they failed to solve my vibration issue?
What am I supposed to do? I have problems since 1.4 update when drifting started, than updating to 1.5 solved that, but the vibration/wobble started + horizon tilt issues. It's already march, and after several RMA's I still have my vibrating phantom, now with solved horizon problem (but it's pointing to the side/or the phantom flies sideways in gps mode) but with WAY out of focus lens.

Ken, please help me solve my issues!
Thanks

2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kancur Posted at 2016-3-7 18:57
DJI-Ken, any news??...
The horizon problem was resolved in the last RMA, however the camera(or pha ...

I am sorry about that, I have sent another email to the repair center closest to Slovakia.
Also, your links do not work.
2016-3-7
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-7 16:47
I am sorry about that, I have sent another email to the repair center closest to Slovakia.
Also, y ...

Thanks, i just got an email from support. I edited the previous post and reuploaded them to DropBox.
2016-3-8
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

I'm quite disappointed with support now, the person i'm emailing with is asking me  

"Also with the other photos, ensure that your focus point is not in the bottom left of the picture."
Talking about this photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yggenwmus2aijd5/DJI_0002.JPG?dl=0

How can it be?? The phantom 3 has a fixed focus lens, the only thing I can do is to set exposure metering point by clicking on the screen.

support rep:
,,Hello,
Firstly you have received a BRAND NEW phantom, and the likelihood of it having the same wobble is not very high.
I do not have any other idea other than to have you make sure everything is up to date. Please send me a screen shot of the firmware versions shown in the app. Ensure you have put on the propellers tight enough to help with any "wobble". Try a different set of propellers."

He/she also claimed I have received brand new phantom 3, which is definitely not the case! Same serial number, same motors, and it would definitely be listed in the repair receipt.
Also, explaining every time that it's not unbalanced or not tight enough propellers, that the phantom is up to date, IMU calibration done, gimbal calibration done, compass calibration done is quite tiring.

EDIT1:
Now I got a response:
,,Hello,
According to the repair system you received a complete new drone. The motors have nothing to do with any wobble. I am not sure where you have gotten this information. If you have received the exact same Phantom back then there is a mistake in the repair system. We can arrange yet another pick up for you to have it exchanged. If it doesn't work this time then we will have to think of something else as it is unlikely that they are all having this problem."

The motors have nothing to do with any wobble? They definitely do! The newer motors dont have this problem.

Anyway, they gonna arrange another pickup by ups. I hope this time the issues will get resolved. Wish me luck...
Thanks

EDIT2:
NEWEST response:

,,Hello,

The "motors-problem" that you have mentioned is absolutely not known here. The older motors DO NOT cause the drone to wobble or vibrate. This is simply not true. We too have P3's here with old motors as test drones and we have ZERO problems. Just because it is shared throughout the forums does not make it truth. Please understand that.

We will arrange a pick through UPS like last time. We apologize for the inconvenience and hopefully will have it sorted this time. Attached is the new RMA form."

DJI-Ken, now I'm really concerned and confused :/ they have never heard of this issue? Will they really repair it?

2016-3-8
Use props
impact2
lvl.2

Hungary

Greetings.
I got back a week ago with my Phantom 3A . Already the new version. It was in the Netherlands was servicing. I also sent off because of vibration, but was sent back to be all right. The machine produces a vibration continues, and more and more frequently do not go straight. Like turn away while driving. There is that less is better occurs. I have already tried all settings.
I'm completely clueless. What should I do to get back to work properly?
Sorry for my bad english.
2016-3-8
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

impact2 Posted at 2016-3-8 15:09
Greetings.
I got back a week ago with my Phantom 3A . Already the new version. It was in the Netherl ...

Is it very cold outside when you fly?  Mine only suffers when it's freezing or below.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

impact2 Posted at 2016-3-8 23:09
Greetings.
I got back a week ago with my Phantom 3A . Already the new version. It was in the Netherl ...

can you post a video showing the vibration.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kancur Posted at 2016-3-8 19:14
I'm quite disappointed with support now, the person i'm emailing with is asking me  

"Also with the ...

I am talking with the German repair center now and they will advise you.
2016-3-8
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

rskardon Posted at 2015-12-9 18:00
But you're still on Firmware 1.4 right? Is it possible to run the P3 on the older firmware and the ...

I guess not because i have IOS9 and the latest APP and i cant even connect to the APP anymore. My firmware is the one wich brought cable cam mode, could be 1.3 or 1.4, dont know. I havent used it for 5 months. I guess DJI failed to ake IOS9 an the latest app compatible with the older FW versions. Its a realistic scenario because everybody will update IOS because of security concerns and the APP auto updated ! So im doomed now, cant even update my Phantom because you need the app for that
2016-3-8
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-8 17:15
I am talking with the German repair center now and they will advise you.

Thanks, they already created an UPS pickup arrangement.
Please explain to them that the lens of P3A is fixed focus and one cannot focus it by touching the screen.
And tell them about vibration problems, they seem to be a bit behind
Thanks
2016-3-8
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

The vibration problem in the video above looks like the normal jello effect from bad gimbals we had in the past. I guess every 2nd phantom had that last year, they changed my gimbal three times and then the complete phantom. My concern with DJi is that they are now in Phantom4 land and will quickly forget the P3 or fine tune it. The other concern i have is regarding the different P3 versions. We have the early P3s with "old" motors and ESCs and we have the new ones. I fear that DJi programmed the newer FW more to the newer type Motors and ESCs which mean the older ones are maybe prone to vibrate, overheat etc.. Its just complex to have a FW for different hardware and that is maybe the problem we have. One thing ive learned from DJi and i started with the Phantom1 years ago, never buy the initial revision! they will change things and the customers is the tester for them. If you buy a first revision Phantom4 you will have a nice easter egg and in the future nobody wants to buy it because its first revision. This happend to me alot, its hard to sell a Phantom3 with the old motors and old case.
2016-3-8
Use props
impact2
lvl.2

Hungary

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-8 16:34
Is it very cold outside when you fly?  Mine only suffers when it's freezing or below.

Now I fly to 9-11 Celsius is present. Actually, no matter the temperature.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kancur Posted at 2016-3-9 00:22
Thanks, they already created an UPS pickup arrangement.
Please explain to them that the lens of P ...

Also, what temperature was it when you took the photo, the operating temperature of the aircraft and camera is 0 to 40c.
And it is not a motor problem but I think more of a ESC issue.
2016-3-8
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

Sure - it came with a firmware update so it cannot be motors - hardware related, but it is only happening to the older motors, or not?
The temperature was around 8° celsius so it is not an issue.
2016-3-8
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

DJI need to make the FW 1.4 for older generation motors/ESCs compatible with the newest APP and IOS9 ! I cant use my P3 anymore because of that. I believe FW 1.5 and !.6 is optimized for the newer motors and ESCs and it will cause problems on the old ones. THE problem is ones you installed IOS9 and the newest app you cant use Phantom FW 1.4 + remote controller FW anymore. So its pointless from DJI to still offer FW 1.4. Nobody will stay on IOS8 because of DJI
2016-3-8
Use props
p.prokopowski
lvl.2

Poland

Passed with three months since the last update, my drones continue to vibrate, and instead of dealing with the repair software, was occupied by a new 4 Phantom.
So the company has us deeply in the ass ...
Pictures come out blurred,  drones drifting, but it is of little importance, it is important to sell a new version!
2016-3-8
Use props
impact2
lvl.2

Hungary

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-8 17:13
can you post a video showing the vibration.

The original problem was that I was going to land about 0.5 meters was the landing on. I heard a sharp sound of the machine rolled over it. and totally disabled. Externally not see anything injury.
The following power on longer detected vibration. That is why I asked for repairs.
I tried to have more propeller, but it did not help. I set the gain values, IMU calibration. Hot-cold does not help.
RMA 1602156E5-PH8753.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1hpns ... 172mrjQHxFpQha?dl=0
Here is the original error files and video.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kancur Posted at 2016-3-9 01:53
Sure - it came with a firmware update so it cannot be motors - hardware related, but it is only happ ...

Yes, from the people experiencing it, it is only on the older motors/ESC's.
2016-3-8
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

I noticed a little more vibrations in cold conditions, probably tha plastic shell it is more rigid and absorbe less vibratios at low twmperature.
2016-3-8
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-2-3 10:23
Hey there,
Actually I haven't yet, still waiting to decide, but I convinced a friend of mine to bu ...

Morph (and anyone else), Has anyone had a successful repair of this FW induced vibration issue? I have a couple of days left to RMA but I fear that DJI repair wont really fix it and I have been waiting patiently for a FW update fix. I get vibrations below 50 deg F. I can get rid of some of it with 80,80,80,80 gains but not all.
2016-3-8
Use props
nahum.rozen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61926 ft
Israel

Hi guys,

I'm not sure it is the very same issue, but I stumbled into this interesting video explaining how to "Resolve gimbal overload/buzzing"

I saw it on an interesting site related to helping with various Phantom drones problems:http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Professional/

Nahum

2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules