Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-2-3 10:23
Hey there,
Actually I haven't yet, still waiting to decide, but I convinced a friend of mine to bu ...

Morph (and anyone else), Has anyone had a successful repair of this FW induced vibration issue? I have a couple of days left to RMA but I fear that DJI repair wont really fix it and I have been waiting patiently for a FW update fix. I get vibrations below 50 deg F. I can get rid of some of it with 80,80,80,80 gains but not all.
2016-3-8
Use props
nahum.rozen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61926 ft
Israel

Hi guys,

I'm not sure it is the very same issue, but I stumbled into this interesting video explaining how to "Resolve gimbal overload/buzzing"

I saw it on an interesting site related to helping with various Phantom drones problems:http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Professional/

Nahum

2016-3-9
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

bletzinger Posted at 2016-3-9 01:28
Morph (and anyone else), Has anyone had a successful repair of this FW induced vibration issue? I  ...

I've not heard of anyone who's had the vibrations repaired or even had the problem acknowledged by DJI other than by the forum moderators.
2016-3-9
Use props
Dan30
lvl.2

Spain

kancur Posted at 2016-3-8 19:14
I'm quite disappointed with support now, the person i'm emailing with is asking me  

"Also with the ...

The newer motors also vibrating.
2016-3-9
Use props
daggad02
New
Flight distance : 7759 ft

Norway

Dan30 Posted at 2016-3-9 22:04

Has balancing the motors been tried ?
Very strange that this issue is so hard to find a solution to.
If it is software via the 1.5 and 1.6 update then it should have been easy for DJI to find the bug.
2016-3-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

daggad02 Posted at 2016-3-10 08:42
Very strange that this issue is so hard to find a solution to ...

How do you propose to balance the motors? And why, if the problem only exists after a firmware upgrade, it has nothing to do with motor balance.
2016-3-9
Use props
impact2
lvl.2

Hungary

Dan30 Posted at 2016-3-9 22:04

For me, this is my opinion.
If you take apart the machine will lose the warranty?
I have another 10 month warranty, but I feel this problem will not be solved.
I do not read here or elsewhere on the assumption that the only vibrating GPS mode. This is not true. I've constantly doing it.
Or is there a kind of vibration which is due to an electronic failure, mechanical, and we Indeed it occurs.

2016-3-9
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

impact2 Posted at 2016-3-10 07:54
For me, this is my opinion.
If you take apart the machine will lose the warranty?
I have another 10 ...

It may be down to the way it reacts to the gyros, hence adjusting gains to reduce it.  Gyros are used in all modes.  I'm expecting I'll be able to increase gains again when the weather warms up a bit as I only see the problem in sub-zero temperatures.
2016-3-10
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-8 21:26
Yes, from the people experiencing it, it is only on the older motors/ESC's.

So, Dji should let us go back to 1.4 firmware...
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-3-11 00:23
So, Dji should let us go back to 1.4 firmware...

No, 1.4 is not available
2016-3-10
Use props
impact2
lvl.2

Hungary

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 17:29
No, 1.4 is not available

Dear DJI-Ken,
I ask your opinion if repairs can be repaired or returned to its present state? The recordings have not seen anything.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

impact2 Posted at 2016-3-11 00:43
Dear DJI-Ken,
I ask your opinion if repairs can be repaired or returned to its present state? The  ...

I'm not totally understanding what you are asking.
If you are asking if you send it in for repair and the issue arises again? Then yes, send it back in to be repaired again.
2016-3-10
Use props
impact2
lvl.2

Hungary

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 18:04
If you are asking if you send it in for repair  ...

Thank you.
2016-3-10
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-9 23:10
How do you propose to balance the motors? And why, if the problem only exists after a firmware upg ...

When a firmware is updated the software coding / algorithms change. Maybe making the sensitive/ accurate to changes. This makes it even more important for the craft to be balanced and explains why lowering the gains helps to solve it. Usually it's just props that need balancing. Maybe a prop that is slight.y out from the mould or damage. Motor balancing would be very difficult unless you wound them yourself in a very strict way.
2016-3-10
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-10 21:43
When a firmware is updated the software coding / algorithms change. Maybe making the sensitive/ ac ...

With the motors being such a small diameter & precision machined, it's not likely they'll have much of an effect.
2016-3-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-11 08:43
When a firmware is updated the software coding / algorithms change. Maybe making the sensitive/ ac ...

"Motor balancing would be very difficult unless you wound them yourself in a very strict way. "

This is not relevant, the wound part of the motor is stationary and does not rotate. It would not matter how you wound them. The outer case containing the magnets would be carefully balanced at manufacture and will not change during operation.
2016-3-10
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-10 23:09
"Motor balancing would be very difficult unless you wound them yourself in a very strict way. "

T ...

Lol it's very relevant, how many winds and how accurately they are wound all contribute to the fine balance of the motor and the craft. Have you ever wound a motor?
Agreed on the casing and its magnets but even these can have errors on manufacture, that will not show in a working test but on balance will be slightly out.

I've wound and worked with enough brushless motors to know this is so.
2016-3-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-11 19:39
Lol it's very relevant, how many winds and how accurately they are wound all contribute to the fine ...

Yes, I know about motors, I sell them. And seeing the design is an outrunner, where the windings are stationary, the number of windings and how accurately they are wound has absolutely no bearing on the rotational mass. How can the windings be out of balance if they don't rotate?
2016-3-11
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-11 08:51
Yes, I know about motors, I sell them. And seeing the design is an outrunner, where the windings ar ...

Balance works on symmetry. Crossed wires non-conforming cross section of wire etc all contribute to a motor being slightly different from the others and causing vibrations.

My dad sells cars. Can't fix one to save his life ;)
2016-3-11
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So I just contacted DJI direct and discussed about firmware upgrades. After, I pushed the boat out and upgraded. It is a myth that you have to upgrade in increments; if you are in 1.4 you can go,direct to 1.6 as I have done, as  the DJI tech team has said its ok to do.. Upgrade was successful, also my spare battery. Quick test flight no vibes but there was a slight drift but that could be due to having only 8 sats instead of the usual 17 I normally  get. Once it settled down it held pretty good. For sure the firmware makes it more sensitive (I can that that in the way it handles and flies must be in the algorithm) and therefore will respond to anything that is not in balance and create a vibration. Perfect props is a must  the next to check would be the motors. I've flown and built RC helis for many years now and often vibrations are caused by faulty motors as well as blades that are not balanced. Will take my p3 out for a good test run today and see how it goes. Fail safe max height already checked will do a compas recalibration as well before take off and ensure the new home point is set ;)
2016-3-11
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-10 22:53
With the motors being such a small diameter & precision machined, it's not likely they'll have muc ...

Not all are made perfect ;) in the tech world there are always inconsistencies. It's the nature of the hobby. Not that I'm dissing DJI quality is is well above the herd.
2016-3-11
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dan30 Posted at 2016-3-9 21:04

Check the housing is secure. Are any of the threads slipping?
2016-3-11
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

daggad02 Posted at 2016-3-9 21:42
Very strange that this issue is so hard to find a solution to ...

The change in the algorithm for control is not a bug, it's just more sensitive which makes it more accurate. But slight physical discrepancies will be picked up as vibrations. This is why lowering the gains works as a fix.
2016-3-11
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-11 10:52
Not all are made perfect ;) in the tech world there are always inconsistencies. It's the nature of ...

No, nothing is perfect, that's the way the world is.  But, being so close to the axis of rotation, balancing wouldn't make a noticeable difference.  That's why most small diameter shafts or motors don't need balancing, only large diameter objects, like propellers, flywheels, large diameter cutting tools that run at high surface speeds, car wheel rims etc.  Notice they don't balance car brake discs, but they balance the rims once the tyres ore on?  Discs are close to the driveshaft & well machined, whereas tyres are moulded & large diameter.
2016-3-11
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-11 15:13
No, nothing is perfect, that's the way the world is.  But, being so close to the axis of rotation,  ...

Yes it is a less likely part to be faulty and off balance. But I have known faulty (poor manufacture either the magnets in the casing or the pinion is slightly bent) motors cause vibration else where in the craft. If all else fails rip it apart and re build it ;)
2016-3-13
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 18:04
If you are asking if you send it in for repair  ...

Hi DJI-Ken,

so it arrived today at your service center in germany. I hope they sort it out this time. Please keep an eye on it. I hope it's the last RMA needed.
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kancur Posted at 2016-3-14 19:10
Hi DJI-Ken,

so it arrived today at your service center in germany. I hope they sort it out this  ...

I am in the US so there's no way I can keep an eye on anything.
All I can do is send an email, BUT you can also do the same by replying to the ticket# and make a note.
I just sent an email.
2016-3-14
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-14 16:16
All I can do is send an email, BUT ...

Thank you, I appreciate it
2016-3-14
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-14 16:16
All I can do is send an email, BUT ...

DJI-Ken, I sent them an email today, and their response:

,,Hello,

The tests were conducted inside and the video shows NO vibration. The copter will be tested outside this afternoon as it is raining right now. If everything goes well it will be sent out tomorrow."

The phantom wobbles and vibrates! I did not made that up! Can you please do something about it? It seems that the wobble and vibration depends on the air pressure/temperature. It vibrated when I flown in 10 degrees celsius. I really hope I won't get it back unfixed. :/
2016-3-15
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

Anyone knwo if the new relised firmware solve something of the vibration problems?
2016-3-15
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

Fermin Posted at 2016-3-15 18:31
Anyone knwo if the new relised firmware solve something of the vibration problems?

Hi, it seems no...
2016-3-16
Use props
mauritsvandinth
lvl.1

Netherlands

I just updated to firmware 1.7.0060. I did all calibrations after that.
The outside temperature is 10 degrees celcius, and wind 3bft. Air pressure 1012 hPa.
First set all gains to 100.
P3P is vibrating a lot with this gain settings, so i lowered the gains back to 80,80,80,100.
Then still little vibrating in the P3P, but also  visible on the recordings!!!!!
With firmware 1.6.0040, i had vibrations on the P3P with lower gains, but the recorded video was good.
I will try all weather conditions, but for now it seems no solution came with new firmware.
If it has become worse, then i will go back to 1.6.0040.

2016-3-24
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Is it possible that after so long time (is enough to look at the first post) this WEIRD issue that involves a lot of P3 is still not addressed and solved?
2016-3-25
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

ChrisC Posted at 2016-1-12 08:40
Never go over 1.4 Firmware , ever , and i bet the 1.7 the so called fix for vibration , will have h ...

Hi Cris, could you tell me your controller firmware version?  I've the vibration issue but i could go back to 1.4 p3 fw (I'm on 1.5 now)...
2016-3-25
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

StevenQX Posted at 2016-3-26 12:19
Hi Cris, could you tell me your controller firmware version?  I've the vibration issue but i could ...

my controller Firmware is 1.5.70    , My go app is 2.43
and the Firmware on the P3P is 1.4  
My Yaw Gain is set to 80%
And i don't have any problems or Vibrations....
I flew today , and everything was smooth as silk.
2016-3-26
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

I have observable vibration on the ground when idling. All my props are balanced. At some point, I swapped props with an extra set I had and vibration greatly reduced and I would consider it normal now. I never had any vibration in air though or video degradation. Ordered a few more prop sets just to try as it is very inexpensive.
2016-3-26
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

StevenQX Posted at 2016-3-26 04:02
Is it possible that after so long time (is enough to look at the first post) this WEIRD issue that i ...

Mine's stopped vibrating now, but it seems to be because the temperatures have risen as we come out of winter.  There have been no firmware updates to address the problem.
2016-3-26
Use props
SamJH7
lvl.1
Australia

Any update on a firmware fix anyone?
It has been months!

I'm still seeing vibrations on a lot of footage. Argh!
2016-4-1
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

SamJH7 Posted at 2016-4-2 07:40
Any update on a firmware fix anyone?
It has been months!

It's unbelievable that a grave issue like that generated in a digital way by a new firmware is not yet solved after MONTHS and MONTHS. Then they asked why people is loosing confidence with DJI and noone would like to update when the bird fly fine. The main lucky of DJI is that at the moment the is no real competition on the market.

Anyway after tried to reduce all gains to 80% (a little bit better but still vibrating) i'll downgrade to 1.4 even if with 1.4 i had drifting issues, that's why i updated to 1.5.
2016-4-2
Use props
scott.dreamstre
lvl.1

Mine does the same on the ground in idle. Noticed after the 1.4 update
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules