Did DJI trick me and intentionaly set me up for failure?
4151 55 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tautvilas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

such a shame, being sneaky with users. Thats a sign of companies low morality standarts. Just one word - PATHETIC
2016-1-11
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-11
Use props
okhotair
lvl.1

United States

wclary@gotaeria Posted at 2016-1-10 19:00
Do you actually think i don't have backups?1? Im in the local 600 as a Drone DP (the actually only  ...

wclary, I do not intend to be an a$$, but I looked at your exemption and you are only authorized for the S1000 and the SkyJib8. Your P3  or SkyJib6 are not exempt to fly commercially. Unless of course you have filed an amendment or for another exemption and it has been granted.

Just having an exemption does not allow you to fly any type of drone. It limits you to just what you ask for.

I know this doesn't help with you inop bird.

And yes I am a commercial pilot and have been waiting for my exemption for over 6 months.

2016-1-11
Use props
wclary
New

United States

okhotair Posted at 2016-1-11 11:24
wclary, I do not intend to be an a$$, but I looked at your exemption and you are only authorized f ...

Wow,  well you successfully became an ass, do you actually think i only have one exemption, lol... I have 4 different exemptions under my name and different companies.. you are only looking at the one in my name, did you look at the others? I've been building and flying drones for nearly 14+years and if you want to get technical, i was probably the first expempt company because back in 2001 I talked to the FAA about my intentions with my home built UAV's (gas rc airpalnes with large 900mhz video systems) and was told to pass the witten exam of the private pilot license and they would allow me to operate. I ended up going further and getting my sport pilot license, and now i have my private.. feel free to look that up as well and waste more of your time...

NOW THIS IS POSTED FROM ANOTHER USER ON PHANTOM PILOTS "Whatever you guys do, DO NOT update to the latest IOS Go app 2.5.0. If you do, you will be locked out. It does not matter what firmware you have or if you revert back to an older app version. If you load, you will be locked out. DJI added hidden code that will transmit to your drone. I'm running aircraft 1.4.10; RC 1.4.30 and IOS App 2.4.0 with no luck. I even tried going back to aircraft version 1.3."

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -today.64189/page-4
2016-1-11
Use props
info
lvl.3
Flight distance : 647034 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 23:08
I am sorry you had the issue as well, call 818-235-0789 in the morning and they will issue you a W ...

Thanks Ken. I am on hold now waiting to speak with customer service. Appreciate the assistance.
2016-1-11
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-10 20:45
... you see from my short poll that over 50% of Phantom 3 users experiencing this problem
... The ...

A poll in a forum isnt at all accurate. DJI-Ken takes into consideration the thousands of units sold with the old motors versus the number of complaints. This is a far mre accurate indicator than any forum poll.

I bought my P3A back in May 2015 and will certainly have the old motors and I have never had any issues with any firmware update. Others have had bad luck.
2016-1-11
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

since fw1.4 & fw1.5 everytime i fly i am thinking am i going to see her again???
2016-1-11
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-12 06:45
Feel special my friend,  you are a one lucky fan, denial is normal when you have had no problems of ...

"The poll is here to make a point and so far it's showing evident proof my friend"

And that point is that 49 respondents to your poll reported some vibration.
That's nothing against a few hundred thousand Phantom 3s that are out there.
Nothing!
You're only fooling yourself thinking your little poll means anything.
Ken is in a much better position to have an idea what the true situation is
2016-1-11
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-11
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Canada

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-11 12:45
Feel special my friend,  you are a one lucky fan, denial is normal when you have had no problems of ...

The poll is proof of nothing. Considering the tens of thousands of quads DJI has sold, the total respondents to the poll are far below even 1%.

Still, if it makes YOU feel like you are proving something, it doesnt hurt to carry on
2016-1-11
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Canada

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-11 08:31
Does any one here have the old DJIGO.APK file available ??
that would be helpful

Which version? I have several downloaded to my samsung tablet. Maybe not every recent one though.
2016-1-11
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

Guys don't get mixed up or bent outta shape differentiating between proof and evidence.
Is a poll proof that the Majority of owners have problems - No
Is it proof that there are problems - No
is it evidence that there are problems - absolutely
Is it evidence that there are problems warranting action- (I would hope that DJI would say Absolutely! I believe DJI have acknowledged this much.
It is not helpful to deride someone's business practices without full knowledge of them. Particularly as a company representative. Winning an "argument"doesn't actually achieve anything in this circumstance.

2016-1-12
Use props
stephengreenwal
lvl.1

United States

Clearly you are frustrated. But, I'll bet there is more to this story. Most people updated to the latest firmware and did not have any problems.
2016-1-17
Use props
fanse4f432ec
New
United States

I will say after a call I made to Support for my DJI Phantom 3 Professional the other day concerning batteries im not convinced the have us (The Customers) best interest at heart.  I recently bought 2 batteries... 2nd hand (yes off the street..Offer Up App) and found both to be not only  to be legitimate but one was an older production run with a company DJI contracted then the current provider.  The problem I have is after careful investigation, all of the older batteries after a simple update rendered them failed and useless,, I agree with a comment in this thread about a possible Class Action Lawsuit,,,,,,,,,DONT force your buyers to buy more product (batteries) just to increase your worth or stock!!!!!!...Will never consider DJi... Sad,, thought we could believe in U!!!!!
2017-8-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fanse4f432ec Posted at 2017-8-10 17:49
I will say after a call I made to Support for my DJI Phantom 3 Professional the other day concerning batteries im not convinced the have us (The Customers) best interest at heart.  I recently bought 2 batteries... 2nd hand (yes off the street..Offer Up App) and found both to be not only  to be legitimate but one was an older production run with a company DJI contracted then the current provider.  The problem I have is after careful investigation, all of the older batteries after a simple update rendered them failed and useless,, I agree with a comment in this thread about a possible Class Action Lawsuit,,,,,,,,,DONT force your buyers to buy more product (batteries) just to increase your worth or stock!!!!!!...Will never consider DJi... Sad,, thought we could believe in U!!!!!

You are replying to a thread that is a zombie, let it rest in peace.
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules