DJI Go 2.5.0 is available on iOS
4800 60 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

DJI's irresponsible and incompetent approach to releasing software is well documented. They don't want to be bothered with too much testing. They just throw it out into the wild and don't seem to care what happens. They are too concerned with relea$ing new products to go back and fix the problems they created. This was a blindsided assault on their customers.
2016-1-11
Use props
jeffm
lvl.1

Canada

delete delete

Delete delete
2016-1-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are you sure you don't wish to reiterate that first statement twice? Hahaha

So fellow Phantom Pilot, "How 'Go's' it?" Hehe

Hope all is well in your part of this solar system...
Sun Star shining bright for day light flight.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-1-11
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-11
Use props
Booris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 825331 ft
Finland

Hi, I just received my new P3P.
Could not load older DJI go than 2.5 and now whole Finland is authorization zone. (must be joke, there is now law for this)
There was no mention from this nowhere when i bought P3P???????

What should I do? Send it back?
2016-1-11
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Booris Posted at 2016-1-12 14:14
Hi, I just received my new P3P.
Could not load older DJI go than 2.5 and now whole Finland is autho ...

Return it under "mis-selling" goods not fit for purpose. I.e. You were never told it wouldn't do that! - you should be entitled to a full refund.
Then stay put until DJI get their act togather then decide to buy, after a while. Who knows different manufacturers products may "Fly" better!
2016-1-11
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

I got all my updates turned off , Not messing with this at all.
I feel bad for you guy's that updated , it destroyed your Phantom.
2016-1-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Doesn't seem to affect many of us, while others are in for a battle to get airborne again.
My first knee jerk reaction for a very long time, was just this morning when I first Opened the app and turned on the drone.
When pulled up the Home Point map and squeezed it smaller on my screen, I could immediately see all of those dreaded red circles.
My capital city is surrounded by them, but thankfully none are within the city limits. None are going to affect my everyday flying experience.
Even if I was to drive outside the city, it would be a good while before was confronted with that no fly zone issue. So this update is none threatening to my flying style or flight areas.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-11
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Every time I look at the map online it changes.  Seems they're still working out where the zones should be, even though they've pushed out the app.
2016-1-12
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-12 09:38
Every time I look at the map online it changes.  Seems they're still working out where the zones sho ...

But we dont care.
Thats not what we payed for.

I bought P3 half years ago with a few NFZ over airports.

Now i have more NFZ's and it is possible my P3 will be useless, or i will be forced to use geocrap what i do not want.

DJi actions are not mandatory and they are not required by a local law.

DJI is making a precedence i think, there is no other company who is locking already sold devices in similar way. I regret i bought P3. But Who knew that so will? I just payed for different product what i have now.

There is no information about additinonal NFZ in changelog, and NFZ are change in basic functionality of the equipment.
DJI is to push annoying NFZ and force Us to move to Geotrack.
2016-1-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't updated yet but much to my surprise I look at the no fly zone map and I live in an area were I will have to unlock every three days. I don't understand this because I live 70 miles from the nearest airport, in the country and I haven't seen a plane fly over my house in ten years with the exception of the ones that are at 35 thousand feet? Wtf is up with that? On the plus side having an inspire 1 pro on older firmware will drive it's resale value up substantially. I think I'm done with drones.
2016-1-12
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Beau Posted at 2016-1-11 21:06
I think you should go back and tell people not to update. Or at least a warning. I'm referring to th ...

I agree, DJI should be far more transparent when it comes to the content of updates, particularly if, like me and many others, you have it set to auto-update. Feels like they know some things are contentious and want to avoid facing the issues.

BUT!

From what I can see (and this is a UK perspective only), the yellow geo-fenced areas are the to protect locations where "real" aircraft fly to and from. The ones with real people onboard, rather than our aircraft where a bad day means a damaged bit of kit, not mass death (exaggerated for effect :-)

I'd genuinely be interested to hear from others how this is unreasonable (not just annoying). I get that you may have flown from a location for years without incident and now you can't because of the update. But this inconvenience is to the benefit of keeping drones away from the engines of a 747. What's your argument against that?

Thoughts?
2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-1-12 08:51
But we dont care.
Thats not what we payed for.

I agree.

My point was, they've pushed it out in a hurry without finishing the job.
2016-1-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I find it more than a little devious that they've put out a beta firmware for the aircraft, then added this to the app...it's as if they wanted everyone to look the other way while they slipped this in through the back door.
2016-1-12
Use props
devoh002
lvl.1

United States

Unless I missed it before, but you can now record 1080p at 120fps. I recall it being 60fps before.
2016-1-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

devoh002 Posted at 2016-1-12 13:15
Unless I missed it before, but you can now record 1080p at 120fps. I recall it being 60fps before.

Yes I believe you can, if you want to drive an hour to get out of this no fry-zone
2016-1-12
Use props
countrysidegard
lvl.2

United States

Wow, I say EVERYONE calls DJI and tell them how we feel. Someone's gotta have an inside phone #!?!? I will be selling my p3p the day the force the upgrade. I will also steer any potential customer in a different direction. This is nonsense and completely over the top from DJI. I wouldn't be surprised if they are being subsidized by big brother. Grow a pair DJI, give your customers what they were advertised! This is damn near on level with CA gun laws, if not worse!
2016-1-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

countrysidegard Posted at 2016-1-12 16:10
Wow, I say EVERYONE calls DJI and tell them how we feel. Someone's gotta have an inside phone #!?!?  ...

I wouldn't try and sell it now, unless you want to give it away.
2016-1-13
Use props
cgl817
lvl.3

United States

I just bought a new P3 (third one), and had to start today with the new 2.5.0, what a mistake!!!  Can someone tell me how to get the old 2.4.3 app? Where can I find a copy of it? could someone send it to me?
Thanks!
2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules