7087 48 2016-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

mike.wildlight Posted at 2016-2-18 11:47
I had a play yesterday and was able to make the path in google earth setting the entire path to an altitude (AGL) I wanted, export as kml, import into litchi and the altitude stuck. Makes me very happy.

I have been using Litchi for quite a while now, and the Google earth is the best way to keep a set distance from the ground, instead of from your take-off point. You need to be aware that the Google maps are sometime not real current (maybe a year or two old) depending on your area. Make sure no major changes may have been made such as road work, construction, etc. that may be different than what you see on the map. It works extremely well and is very east to import into the app. changes can always be made if needed before you fly.
2017-4-26
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-17 11:49
So now that they have it compatible for the Phantom 3 Standard, I have to ask this question.  Has anyone performed the way points to a point where it would fly past the remotes range?  I just think it would be awesome to have my bird fly say a mile away and come back without having to worry about signal and RTH  initiated on me.

Yes Microcyb, i made a mission intentionally flying 1.25 miles from my launch site to a lake and back.  It was VERY scary when i lost contact, but expected it.  I don't think i took a breath until it returned to range!  The video () shows the smoothness of the flight.  Notice at 2:13 i lost contact and at 4:05 regained!  Whew!  Just be sure the last waypoint is in range since RTH is disabled in waypoints (understandably).  
2017-4-26
Use props
Repaid1
lvl.3
United States

northbaydrones Posted at 2017-4-25 13:41
How do you simply delete a way point, instead of clearing all?

Have you tried touch and hold on the waypoint to see if a submenu appears? I know using the Hub that's how it works. ;)
2017-4-26
Use props
Twente
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13734 ft

Netherlands

northbaydrones Posted at 2017-4-26 08:57
Yeah, but on the app itself?

Select the waypoint, and press the icon in the upper left corner with a red "-"  (i'm using the ios version, don't know about the android version)

2017-4-27
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Just to show you what can be done on 20 minute flights. Phantom 3 Standard

2017-4-28
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Another stunning flight but at night.

2017-4-28
Use props
Mitch mitchell3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254190 ft
United Kingdom

Hi new flyer just getting used to dji go app. how easy is the litchi app to master thanks
2017-4-28
Use props
Bruce Bodnyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20112 ft
United States

I've been using the Litchi app for sometime and don't use the DJI Go at all. While Litchi allows you to  create missions, it can be time consuming for complex missions. Having a programming background, I decided to create an application I'm calling the Waypoint Path Generator to be able to programmatically create paths for a drone to follow. The following are a set of Youtube videos I've created to demonstrate the program.

2017-4-28
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Bruce Bodnyk Posted at 2017-4-28 05:16
I've been using the Litchi app for sometime and don't use the DJI Go at all. While Litchi allows you to  create missions, it can be time consuming for complex missions. Having a programming background, I decided to create an application I'm calling the Waypoint Path Generator to be able to programmatically create paths for a drone to follow. The following are a set of Youtube videos I've created to demonstrate the program.

Waypoint Path Generator - Circular/Helical Paths

MicroB - Using Litchi once you upload the waypoint mission to your bird, it will fly the entire mission, whether you loose connection or not, The hard part is looking at your monitor, seeing  "disconnected " message with no picture & waiting for the sounds of your motors as you comes to last waypoint!
My last mission, over a small forest, lost signal 5 minutes into a 16 min, mission. I;ve flown this site before, but theforest,  trees leaves have grown in since I last flew here, so I assume why lost signal so quickly,
But, 12 min,. later, I hear my P3A;s motors n the distance & home she came!
Certainly ets your heart beating!
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules