New Phantom 3 Advanced - can't start motors, DJI Go does not connect
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
radek.skokan
New

Germany

Today I received my Phantom 3 Advanced.
I charged batteries, watched DJI video tutorials, read the quick-start guide.

Then inserted the battery to remote controller, powered on the battery/drone and RC -- after the self check and beeps, drone was blinking green that it got GPS signal and the remote controller LED turned green too.

As explained in the video tutorial (), I wanted to start the motors. So pulled both sticks down & in and waited, waited, waited... nothing.
I have done several restarts, still the same.
The connection betwen the RC and the drone seems to be OK: both the RC LED is green and I am also able using the gimbal dial to shift the camera.

Another thing is the DJI Go app running on Android: on the home screen it says "Remote controller connected, please connect your aircraft" and when I enter the Camera View, there is "No signal" in a red window.
I tried to re-install both apps from the Google store and also downloaded directly from DJI -- no difference.

Despite the RC-drone connected, I wanted to try to re-link it using the app -- does not work. Does nothing, no message even displayed in the app after confirming. (Plus the dialog after clicking "Linking Remote Controllers" is pretty ... funny: "Tips -- Confirm Frequency Settings" -- Cancel/Agree". What the heck

Is there some magic ritual I need do or did I just have a bad luck and got a broken unit?

Thanks!
2016-2-12
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Have you registered the aircraft yet?

Myself and several others have posted that the first time you run the app with RC and aircraft connected it does not show the registration screen - you may need to restart the app and/or mobile device to get it to show.
2016-2-12
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

I just had my P3A replaced, kind of disappointed because I am going to be receiving my 3rd quad on Monday! This one I just received yesterday, updated, charged, calibrated, went to take off, motors rev, then "Motor Obstructed" displays on the app. Interesting because it starts fine and it spins freely when off. Oh well, 3rd time is the final straw for me, if this last replacement does not work as it should, I am done with DJI and will have to end up looking elsewhere. I was excited to finally take the plunge into  grabbing up a P3A, but this is showing me it's either Amazons stock or an issue as a whole with the quads.
2016-2-12
Use props
radek.skokan
New

Germany

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-13 05:07
Have you registered the aircraft yet?

Myself and several others have posted that the first time you ...

Yes, restarting my phone helped, thanks! Then a few secs after connecting the phone to already running RC and drone the Activation screen appeared.

And now I can fly.
2016-2-13
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

radek.skokan Posted at 2016-2-13 08:27
Yes, restarting my phone helped, thanks! Then a few secs after connecting the phone to already run ...

Excellent

Happy that tip helped you out
2016-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules