123Next >
18102 103 2016-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

JMBare Posted at 2016-2-24 13:36
Does it cover Catastrophic loss from high altitude crashes or total loss from Flyaways?

DJI Care will cover crash even from the high altitude, but  not flyaway
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

SHamers Posted at 2016-2-24 13:41
Is the a change that there is also a "Care" plan for 6-9 month old P3P's?
Or only new ones.

You can buy Care plan for old P3 as well but you will need to do the aircraft verification
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

GQ. Posted at 2016-2-24 20:55
Not available in Canada ? We are in North America so why not ?

Canada will be added to the list of countries DJI Care care available in in future
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

kaaooss Posted at 2016-2-25 10:20
If i bought my P3 two weeks ago can i apply for the DJI care???

Yes you can . But you will need to pass the AC verification
2016-2-24
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Hi Tim,

makes no sense that Macau/Taiwan/HK are basically the same and all within China, but we don't get coverage.

regards
Lino
2016-2-24
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Okay Tim - thanks!

Is this verificatation possible in NL and done by an official DJI dealer?
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Linolens Posted at 2016-2-25 13:46
Hi Tim,

makes no sense that Macau/Taiwan/HK are basically the same and all within China, but we don ...

it probably has something to do with the local laws in that area, we will be expending our coverage very soon
2016-2-24
Use props
Jegan
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hope DJI Care comes to Malaysia soon.. Last time when i crashed my P2V+, spent about $200 usd to fix the aircraft. That's not including the camera.
I see this Care program something worthwhile.
2016-2-25
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163599 ft
Hong Kong

SHamers Posted at 2016-2-25 13:49
Okay Tim - thanks!

Is this verificatation possible in NL and done by an official DJI dealer?

It's online verification. Take the video and upload
http://www.dji.com/support/djicare#check
2016-2-25
Use props
olo
lvl.1
Spain

Hi
I purchased a P3S a couple weeks ago in Spain from your official dealer and DJI service center StockRc.com
Is Spain part of the Europe DJI Care coverage area ?
Is StockRC a DJI Care facility or do I have to send it to another country in case of a claim?
thank you
2016-2-25
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

edavantes Posted at 2016-2-24 16:24
I was very interested until I saw there was no coverage for water damage...  Flying over the ocean,  ...

I'm with you on this, If a valid flight log can prove that the aircraft malfunctioned while flying over water, I would think that DJI should cover it regardless of the actual water damage from crashing. I feel this should be more for those that decide to fly the drone in the rain / snow.

DJI-Tim.... Can you get clarification on this?
2016-2-25
Use props
olo
lvl.1
Spain

what exactly is: "Large Coverage Amount with Unlimited Repairs"
2016-2-25
Use props
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

olo Posted at 2016-2-25 10:44

I believe that means they'll repair it as many times as you break it, until the coverage period has expired, or the sum of all your repairs reaches the limit.  You can be certain that the invoice for each repair will include normal rates for parts, labor, and so forth.*  Based on what I've read about P3 repairs, that means you could probably get about 2 repairs of 1 major component, or 1 full replacement.

* Typically retail prices are several times higher than actual production costs, which--I believe--is why they can offer this coverage at these rates, with no real risk to themselves; even if every covered aircraft flew into a wood-chipper on day 364.  I mean, seriously, no deductible?  You're basically pre-purchasing a replacement at a fire-sale price.  It's not really a theory I want to test.
2016-2-25
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-25
Use props
ttranj
New

United States

This is regard RMA 0125201633859249862
           About month ago, I called DJI customer service to ask for recommendation of how to resolve the issue of USB port of my Inspire 1 controller. They told me that DJI repair center can repair it. Before making any commitment to send to DJI service center, I requested the customer rep if it would ok for the Repair Center NOT to update the firmware on my controller. The customer service Rep. (Nicholas) AGREED with me that the repair can be done without updating the firmware on my controller. He even put a note in the system. Here is his note "Usb not working Cx does not want the transmitter updated... ". Therefore, I sent my controller to DJI repair center for repair. I received a controller back today. UNFORTUNATELY, this controller CAN'T bind with my Inspire 1. I called DJI repair service back today and told them about the problem. Their response was that "I AM SORRY. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT". This is the most IRRESPONSIBLE, IGNORANCE  response I ever received. CLEARLY there is a NOTE in the system inputted by Nicholas NOT to update the firmware on my controller. The LEAST they would do before updating the firmware on my controller is to let me know that they have to update the firmware in order to test the controller. They give me NO OPTION whether to continue with my repair or not.  This is CRAZY. I know the solution would be updating the firmware on my Inspire 1 so that controller bind successfully. However, that is not an option for me. I CAN'T update the firmware. If this is how DJI doing business, they represent one of the WORST company in the world. When they make mistake, to get out of it. They simply say "I AM SORRY. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT". This is STUPID!
2016-2-25
Use props
fabien
lvl.2

France

Hi,
Tim ( DJI-Tim ), may i ask you if you could contact me in private (eventually by email) ? I thank you very much in advance
2016-2-25
Use props
Angeleka
lvl.2

Hong Kong

olo Posted at 2016-2-26 00:03
Hi
I purchased a P3S a couple weeks ago in Spain from your official dealer and DJI service center St ...

Spain is within the coverage area in EU
when you claim for DJI Care, I believe you have to send the aircraft to another country, but the two-way postage will be paid by DJI
check out  :http://store.dji.com/es/service
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jegan Posted at 2016-2-25 17:37
Hope DJI Care comes to Malaysia soon.. Last time when i crashed my P2V+, spent about $200 usd to fix ...

You can purchase DJI Care for Phantom 3 series , but not for P2V+
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-2-26 00:10
I'm with you on this, If a valid flight log can prove that the aircraft malfunctioned while flying ...

Hi Nitro!  If we can proof that aircraft's problem caused the crash DJI will cover it
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ttranj@gmail.co Posted at 2016-2-26 08:09
           About month ago, I called DJI customer service to  ...

Sorry for your experience!  I'll look into your case and do my best to solve it your issue  Could you please tell me what FW is installed on your RC right now and what version did you use before?

2016-2-25
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

edavantes Posted at 2016-2-24 16:24
I was very interested until I saw there was no coverage for water damage...  Flying over the ocean,  ...

See Tim's post.... if it fails over water and can be proven that it was the drones fault, it will be covered.
2016-2-26
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-26 02:41
Hi Nitro!  If we can proof that aircraft's problem caused the crash DJI will cover it

Thanks Tim!
2016-2-26
Use props
gollum
New

United States

ttranj@gmail.co Posted at 2016-2-25 16:09
           About month ago, I called DJI customer service to  ...

I had a minor crash with my phantom 3 advanced flying around in atti mode...the landing gear got bent and gimbal was jerky every time I turned it on…I've called DJI and put me on hold for about 10 min. Eventually, a very polite gentleman answered my call, explained to me the RMA process and all the other boring stuff…I sent my bird to DJI the next day hoping to get it back within one month… And guess what… 13 days turnaround time! The thing was back in the air in less the 2 weeks!  Amazing customer service from DJI! I'm a very happy DJI user!
2016-2-26
Use props
olo
lvl.1
Spain

to answer my own questions, in case somebody from Europe is interested too.
-what exactly is: "Large Coverage Amount with Unlimited Repairs" It is the actual price of the Phantom. In case of the P3S that is 599 Euro
A gimbal / camera replacement is 350 Euro the main board is 258 Euro, shell (top and bottom) 58 Euro labor not included. These parts alone would make it more than a  total loss

-Is Spain part of the DJI Care coverage area ? Yes, it is.
-Is Stock RC (Spain) a DJI Care facility? (it is an official DJI repair center)
Sorry that StockRc.com is not DJI care facility, customer need return it back to our repair center in China.

So you pay roughly a quarter of the new Phantom price for one year coverage.  
If you want China care that is 159 Euro
in case you want a second battery that is 150 Euro
makes together good 300 Euro
for 290 Euro more you get a complete P3S (without battery) and can swap instantly anything that is broken or can cross check if something is acting up.

just a thought.
2016-2-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

olo Posted at 2016-2-25 12:44

The TOTAL  coverage amount on the Inspire is $3,099.  If you go over this amount you are responsible .  You can have Unlimited Repairs  as long as the total of the repairs is not over $3,099.

I hate double talk.  That is why it should CLEARLY state this fact.

By the way if You total your aircraft you are billed towards your account   between $2,200 and 2,500 dollar ( I have seen both examples )    I know they need to make a profit but be reasonable.  The duduction should be about 1500 dollars for a destroyed aircraft.

I love  the Product, I just think this insurance is priced way to high.

Due your own Due Dillagence    for sure    cave at emptor

Example is based on Dji Inspire 1 v2 for 1year ( It is really 10 months , then fuzzy math come in)

-donnie
2016-2-27
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-28 00:22
The TOTAL  coverage amount on the Inspire is $3,099.  If you go over this amount you are respons ...

I could be grossly mistaken here, but I was of the understanding the amount of repair coverage or limit of coverage was equal to the cost of the protection coverage itself, and depending upon what length of coverage chosen, 6 mos. or yearly coverage cost, not necessarily the cost paid for the Inspire V2.0 model as you have pointed out. ( $3099 ).

Again, maybe one of the DJI reps can verify the limit of repair coverage offered.  : )
2016-2-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

That would be like loaning them Your  money to fix the repair in the future. ( at 699)  I am almost positive this is correct amount  from my example.  BUT lets see if The DJI folks  want to chime in.   Just remember my example is for the Inspire 1 only.  Go to the aircaft you are considering  on the DJI care page and you will see a graphic with the amount you pay , then the amount covered.

-cheers donnie
2016-2-27
Use props
Longshots
New

United States

Complete waste of money
2016-2-27
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-28 06:29
That would be like loaning them Your  money to fix the repair in the future. ( at 699)  I am al ...

I see what you are talking about Donnie, and with that coverage amount it certainly makes a difference.
I had not previously had an opportunity to review all the info. available on the link you provided, but was reading some information provided on another forum.
As you had pointed out there would be no real advantage of the protection if the limit amount was based on the cost of the insurance.
I believe others may have misinterpreted the coverage info as well from what I had read by those posting there feelings of the Care Protection offered by DJI.  : )  
It would still be nice to hear from a DJI rep in that regard as well, but it appears fairly clear on the DJI site.  
2016-2-27
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Hong Kong

olo Posted at 2016-2-27 16:39
-what exactly is: "Large ...

DJI has repair center in both Germany and Netherlands, you don't need send back to China
2016-2-28
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Hong Kong

olo Posted at 2016-2-27 16:39
-what exactly is: "Large ...

DJI has repair center in both Germany and Netherlands, you don't need send back to China
2016-2-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-2-27 19:36
I see what you are talking about Donnie, and with that coverage amount it certainly makes a differ ...

I agree,  it would be nice for DJI Reps to chime in  They  seem not to answer any of my pots anymore because I made CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM about the DJI care plan.. I have always been respectful  and thankful for there help.  Even post's where I am clearly trying to help a novice flyer they wont answer my questions.   

I am here to help those who ask questions, I feel that after 25 years of RC  experience I can help those just starting out.  I enjoy helping others.  I am that guy who stops and helps people stranded on the side of the road. Not trying to toot my own horn but explaining why  I help on the forum.  Also by helping others I learn along the way.

Cheers and Have fun- donnie
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-28 21:34
I agree,  it would be nice for DJI Reps to chime in  They  seem not to answer any of my pots an ...

No Donnie, your constructive criticism is acceptable! DJI care for inspire can seem a little pricey, but how much better it is to have it, then not to have, especially when you re looking at the repair invoice
2016-2-28
Use props
woodypecker1969
New

Australia

Is the Apple iphone6S compatible witchy
2016-2-29
Use props
woodypecker1969
New

Australia

Is the apple iPhone 6S compatible with the phantom 3 professional?
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

woodypecker1969 Posted at 2016-2-29 18:24
Is the apple iPhone 6S compatible with the phantom 3 professional?

Yes it is compatible with DJI GO app
2016-2-29
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

Please help with this question http://forum.dji.com/thread-43958-1-1.html thanks!
2016-2-29
Use props
PowerUser
lvl.1
Croatia

One great cheaper option would be the Care plan for sudden crashes when it is not the fault of the user. So flight log and maybe the video when it crashed. And that option should not cover user faults etc. The biggest problem that the owners of those expensive toys have are that they fall from the sky for no reason and when they do they break almost every part inside and outside them.

That is the option that I would be willing to pay if the price was normal, if the battery was full and the Phantom was traveling or hoovering and it crashes, then I need them to cover it without question. I fly only over clear ground with no buildings or trees but I dont want to be scared all the time if it will go crazy and fall down without my input. Also cover if it falls in the water by itself, without users error.

So that would be basicaly real warranty. Do they cover those crashes in normal warranty ? So if it falls for no reason after 100 flights and 10 months, they see the flying log and repair it under warranty ?
2016-2-29
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

Of course they get DJI Care exactly 1 week AFTER I bought my Inspire 1.  Oh well, did you guys see the youtube where that guy got his Phantom 3 Pro covered on Square Trade by finding a loophole and getting it listed as a video camera...so they accepted it.  OF course they caught on, but so glad to see someone scored.
2016-2-29
Use props
dan.carloni
lvl.2
Italy

I've bought 6 month ago a P3 PRO.
can i buy 1-year dji care? and a renew next year?
Can i extend in this way the service after the 1 year warranty?

thank you
2016-2-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules