20412 226 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

paysoproduction Posted at 2016-3-20 04:49
It finally went through. The controller updated fine it was when I connected my iPad to the drone  ...

Ok, sounds good. Now go enjoy, and watch out in Sport Mode
2016-3-19
Use props
dennisrhodes
New

Australia

I'm really excited with my new purchase, but can't seem to upgrade the drones' firmware.  The App says to download it from the website which i did and installed to the software on my Macbook,  connected the drone to the mac  it asked me to update but it always fails!
2016-3-19
Use props
karlsbar
lvl.2

Germany

Be cool and take the p4 still working it take a wile the servers are busy.
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dennisrhodes Posted at 2016-3-20 07:45
I'm really excited with my new purchase, but can't seem to upgrade the drones' firmware.  The App sa ...

If your trying to upgrade from your Mac, you don't download the firmware, you download the Assistant2 program. From there you will install the firmware to the aircraft.
You have to make sure the driver and dmg are installed correctly.
Also try updating through the app.
Here's screenshots from the app from start to finish. If it only goes to 99% on the Mac or app, then wait a few minutes and power cycle the aircraft and it should complete the installation. You can verify by going to the general settings and scroll down to About to verify the aircraft is on the latest update.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
2016-3-19
Use props
geierdmtr
New

French Polynesia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-19 05:49
Power cycling is turning the aircraft on and off.And screenshots of the MC Data Error would be grea ...

Downgrade doesn't work.. Always fails.... Not able to upload images here .. Says try later
2016-3-19
Use props
tomvaillencourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I was having some issues with the prop guard detection today, Obviously I dont have them, Are they even available for the 4 yet?  Anyway...  I kept getting a prop-guard detection warning disabling the obstacle sensor. This is annoying, since I would like to have it on. However, as soon as I took off the obstacle avoidance feature was working fine.
2016-3-20
Use props
ramphex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2361926 ft
United States

For me it got stuck at 99% for a couple of minutes, then asked me to unplug and plug my device back into P4, after which it was still stuck for a couple of minutes and then finally completed at 100%.
2016-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tim, #8 would be nice if we could turn it on and off as desired. I would like to have it on along with the guards. Something to throw in the software departments suggestion bin.
2016-3-21
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

Dear Dji-Ken, Do you know if Inspire 1 RC can bound with the P4 ?

If i can avoid buying another HDMI module, that would be nice as i would prefer invest in a 2nd battery.
2016-3-21
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sukoshi Posted at 2016-3-21 14:18

If i can avoid buying another HDM ...

Why don't you just try it?  Power up the P4 then power up your Tx in Inspire mode, go to the RC tab and press the bind icon, then you have 60 seconds to press the bind button on the P4.  Once bound your App should have the P4 command screens.  Going back to the Inspire will require a rebind.
I've done this between a P4 & a P3P.
2016-3-21
Use props
berniev
New

Australia

Updated RC then later updated aircraft. Was confused until I worked out the aircraft must be connected directly to the ipad. Completed successfully.
Now the RC won't connect to the aircraft. Strangely the gymbal up/down still works, but nothing else.
Re-link RC: 'start' brings up warning, click OK and nothing.

Contacted dji and their suggestion is repair ticket. That would be fun. Pre-ordered direct from DJI, am in Oz. Local distributor in Melbourne refused any support if not bought from shop in Oz. That's not very good international support and something to worry about going forward. If there isa serious problem I have to deal with China only?

While writing this I realised I had the RC connected via the adapter cable. Changed that by plugging the full size usb directly into the RC and BINGO, IT CONNECTED. Maybe just coincidence but thought worth mentioning.

2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

sukoshi Posted at 2016-3-22 04:18

If i can avoid buying another HDM ...

Yes you can bind the Inspire remote with the P4, and the P3 Pro/Adv as well.
Just update the RC to 1.5.8 and the HDMI on your Inspire RC will work for video out on the P4.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

berniev@bje.com Posted at 2016-3-22 09:18
Updated RC then later updated aircraft. Was confused until I worked out the aircraft must be connect ...

The RC controls the aircraft, and the app is used for video and all the features. You can fly the aircraft without the app.
In the app (Academy icon on startup page) there's the full manual and a bunch out tutorial videos.
2016-3-21
Use props
wayne710
New
Flight distance : 6198 ft
United States

follow me does not work after upgrade
2016-3-21
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-19 17:59
If your trying to upgrade from your Mac, you don't download the firmware, you download the Assista ...

I tried patching my Phantom with my Mac running DJI Assistant 2, and it would fail every time.  Patching via Windows 10 with the DJI Assistant app worked flawlessly.
2016-3-21
Use props
berniev
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-22 09:51
The RC controls the aircraft, and the app is used for video and all the features. You can fly the  ...

Yes, understood. It was just for the update that the iPad had to be connected directly to the aircraft. It took a little while to realise but the little picture showed what to do. Then when update completed disconnect from the aircraft and connect the iPad back to the RC.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

neilgreene0102. Posted at 2016-3-22 10:47
I tried patching my Phantom with my Mac running DJI Assistant 2, and it would fail every time.  Pa ...

Strange, I go it do update form a Mac.
You installed the dmg and driver right?
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

berniev@bje.com Posted at 2016-3-22 10:51
Yes, understood. It was just for the update that the iPad had to be connected directly to the airc ...

So it's all good now right?
2016-3-21
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Hey Tim, in glad to see CSC has changed. Thanks DJI for listening. I hope I didn't have anything to do with it, lol
2016-3-21
Use props
vipersl65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31644 ft

Why would you want to stop the motor DURING flight unless you wanna crash it.  What is #2 for?
2016-3-21
Use props
vipersl65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31644 ft

what is CSC?
2016-3-21
Use props
dev
New

Australia

I am running a Macbook Pro 2012 and I am having a few issues  with my new Phantom 4 software updates.  I have spoken to DJI tech support and they said to take it to another hobby store to fix it  :-(  even though I bought it directly from DJI at the launch date.

(1) DI assistant V2is constantly asking to be rebooted (no fix avail)
(2) Phantom 4 upgrade to v01.00.0288 fails (no fix avail)
(3) DJI GO App doesn’t allow downloads (no fix avail)
(4) Apple doesn’t support the DJI Apps anymore on there App store in Aust - they where there for my Phantom 2 at one stage which updated without issues but Apple removed all DJI apps even though now they are a primary partner and sell DJI products? (no fix avail)

... how can I fly safely with no firmware updates ... but these software updates should work - its a safety issue and I don’t want a fly away?

DJI response - I will report to our R&D team and suggest that you can ask your friend or local hobby shop. Thanks for you understanding

Any suggestions from anyone using a Apple Macbook Pro would be appreciated. Other than go and buy a PC which DJI tech support told me. :-( x2
2016-3-21
Use props
newsphoto90
lvl.1

United States

What's not new? Frank Wang and the DJI ZERO customer service!!!!

What’s New:  
1.        Improved download speed for photo and video files.

2.      Changed procedure for stopping motors during flight. To stop motors during flight, pull the left stick to the bottom inside corner while simultaneously pressing the Smart RTH button. This new procedure will only become available when Remote Controller firmware is updated to the latest version.  

3.      Optimized Low Battery descent logic.

4.      Added support for HDMI expansion module on the remote controller.

5.      Optimized control stick movement performance in TapFly mode.

6.      Added support for recognizing non-human subjects.

7.      Optimized sound effect for powering on the aircraft.

8.      Added propeller guard detection. Obstacle Sensing system is automatically disabled when a propeller guard is installed.  
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dev@tig.com.au Posted at 2016-3-22 15:00
I am running a Macbook Pro 2012 and I am having a few issues  with my new Phantom 4 software updates ...

Why do you say the firmware cannot be done by the app. What device are you using. Please post screen shots.
I can help you but I need to know why it's not allowing you to download the firmware update. have you allowed permissions in your settings ?
When the app tells you the aircraft requires an update,  it says go to the GO app home page and download it from there. What happens after you so that?
Does your device have a data plan, or are you on WiFi?
Look at my post above with screen shots and tell me where you are getting stuck. i do not have a Macbook at work so I cannot walk you through a Mac update.
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

newsphoto90 Posted at 2016-3-22 21:50
What's not new? Frank Wang and the DJI ZERO customer service!!!!

And what issue are you having?
2016-3-22
Use props
fstmrfr
New

United States

I will be updating mine tonight... How does everyone feel about the update?
2016-3-22
Use props
keithdelarosa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51654 ft
United States

Does this update remove the No Fly Zone stuff?
2016-3-22
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135787 ft
United States

I received my P4, 2nd battery, props, etc. yesterday. They arrived a day earlier than what DJI promised. I'm really mad about that.  I did the updates last night from the App. No problems. Simulator tonight.  It's raining and snowing so no real flying yet.

Bob
2016-3-22
Use props
darrylvjackson
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-22 22:49
Why do you say the firmware cannot be done by the app. What device are you using. Please post scre ...

I'm having the same problem but now my P4 just keeps rebooting and will not allow the software to complete the reinstall from the dpi assistant software. please help!
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

darrylvjackson@ Posted at 2016-3-23 09:10
I'm having the same problem but now my P4 just keeps rebooting and will not allow the software to  ...

Power everything up, if the RC says 1.5.80 and the aircraft says 01.00.0288 then you are fine.
Is it not saying that?
2016-3-22
Use props
dev
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-22 22:49
Why do you say the firmware cannot be done by the app. What device are you using. Please post scre ...

The Macbook OS has all updates that are available including the new El Capitain update yesterday.

The "DJI Assistant" app V01.00.0002 updates but then has a pop up window exclaiming to complete this update I must reboot "to enjoy the new version" that happens over and over again even though I rebooted.  (still now fix)

I did eventually get the Phantom 4 to update via the  DJI Go app to V01.00.0288 - this was a simple fix as the DJI app did not offer the camera update till I also switched on the controller and not just the Phantom 4 drone.

Using my previous Phantom 2 you only had to switch on the drone to use the software updates.  And to answer your question - yes I was on Wifi via an iPhone 6 the Macbook DJI Assistant software update still does not work for Macbook Pro mid 2012.

The DJI apps are still all removed from the Apple Australia website - your company link for these only lead back to the main screen on Apple App store and a "DJI GO" search - says no results.
2016-3-22
Use props
dev
New

Australia

dev@tig.com.au Posted at 2016-3-23 11:07
The Macbook OS has all updates that are available including the new El Capitain update yesterday.

Sorry I must add that the DJI apps are removed for "Macbook pro" searches ONLY - they are still present for iPhone and iPad searches.
2016-3-22
Use props
elijah.g
New

Japan

Not had a good experience with updating firmware http://forum.dji.com/thread-46501-1-1.html
2016-3-22
Use props
Mrantala
lvl.1

United States

JayB07 Posted at 2016-3-15 09:38
#8: Why would the obstacle sensing system be disabled? ever? - does that make sense?

I've got the same question.  Why would you disable the obstacle sensing system, just because you've taken the extra precaution of adding the propeller guards?  Just becuase they are on, doesn't mean I want it to run into trees, or other objects when it could be avoided.  Update says that it's automatically disabled, does that mean you can just choose to re-enable it ?

2016-3-23
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-22 02:46
Yes you can bind the Inspire remote with the P4, and the P3 Pro/Adv as well.
Just update the RC to ...

Thanks a lot for your answer !
2016-3-23
Use props
stussyredhat
lvl.1

United States

dev@tig.com.au Posted at 2016-3-22 22:07

I was having the same issue that you stated where the assistant app would say you must reboot to enjoy the new features. I finally found the issue you must install the driver. I figured this out because the driver was in my application folder but not showing on the launchpad. I doubled clicked it and allowed it to run and it installed just fine. I then rebooted the Mac and stated the assistant app, turned on the drone and plugged in and it works perfectly. All the instructions I have found are pretty lame I will post instructions for the mac version when I get time.
2016-3-23
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-24 01:47
Damn! I was coming here to see if there was a firmware update to correct the crippled Lightbridge ra ...

The range is identical on the P3 as the P4, I've tested this with my P3 Pro in an open area of hundreds of acres of nothing. Please test in the same manner then report your results.
Also, I've gotten 26 minutes on a new battery hovering. As you know it takes more energy to hover then it does to fly in forward flight.
Please condition the battery (10 cycles with only 50% usage, that's not a rule but just what I do) and then take the P4 out in an open area and gly in GPS mode in forward flight for the entire battery and you will get the advertised flight time.
If you have personally done that and then do not get the results that I am getting, then post your results.
I have flown several different P4's and have got the same range as my P3 Pro.
2016-3-23
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-24 02:56
No the range is NOT identical. I will post my results tomorrow. If you examine the forums here, yo ...

Again, go test both aircraft one at a time, use a custom channel and lower the bitrate to 4Mbps
Both the P3 Pro and P4 will get just about the same range.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules