2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-24 03:32
Ken - are you suggesting I did otherwise? I'm not a newbie pilot. Of course I did that. You can't d ...

Incorrect, lowering the video bitrate gives a lower quality and therefore there's not so much data being pushed through the 2.4 signal and your range will increase.
Go ahead and test this, set you r P4 or P3 to 10Mbps and you'll get incredibly crisp video. Then fly as far as you can until you lose video.
Now lower it to 4Mbps and you will see how much further you are able to fly.
2016-3-23
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-23
Use props
fredz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6322290 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-23 20:59
Ken - that is completely IRRELEVANT to what I said. ALL CRAFT WERE TESTED IDENTICALLY.
The limite ...

"On a different note, would you claim that the lower bitrate of the P3 Advanced gives it further range than the P3 Professional?"

That is a VERY good question and nobody ever answered me properly on that one. P3A is only 2 Mbps so should fly farther...
2016-3-23
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-23
Use props
fredz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6322290 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-23 21:30
Fredz - My point in saying this is that I am pointing out untruths by DJI-Ken.

He will claim the ...

Sure. But does the P3A really have better range?
2016-3-23
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-23
Use props
kvarsani
New

United Kingdom

How long does the upgrade take? I'm stuck on 99% after 35mins. How do I complete the update? I pulled the cable out when it said.
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kvarsani Posted at 2016-3-24 05:00
How long does the upgrade take? I'm stuck on 99% after 35mins. How do I complete the update? I pulle ...

It should be done, power cycle the aircraft and it will complete.
Verify by powering everything up and see in the general settings and scroll down to About and verify the aircraft is on 1.0.288
2016-3-23
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

dennisrhodes Posted at 2016-3-19 16:45
I'm really excited with my new purchase, but can't seem to upgrade the drones' firmware.  The App sa ...

Mine was doing the EXACT SAME THING with my Mac!  I would try to update using DJI Assistant 2.0 for Mac OS X, failed every time.  And when ever I would get the update prompts via DJI Go app, it would say to download from the website.

WORK AROUND: Run DJI Assistant and update from a Windows PC.  Mine updated from a Windows 10 VM without any issues.  
2016-3-23
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 20:37
Strange, I go it do update form a Mac.
You installed the dmg and driver right?

Installed dmg and driver, I did.  Says Yoda.
2016-3-23
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-24 04:08
It should be done, power cycle the aircraft and it will complete.
Verify by powering everything up ...

My update also stuck at 99%. I power cycled the P4 but it did not help. I tried to quit DJI Go on the iPad and start it again, but it did not help. I had to reboot the iPad(!). After rebooting everything, it worked.
2016-3-24
Use props
roberto.goldbau
New

i keep getting a gimbal cannot receive mc data message after having upgraded firmware in remote and aircraft , also gimbal auto calibration does not work and cannot find IMU calibration, pls help
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-3-24 18:45
My update also stuck at 99%. I power cycled the P4 but it did not help. I tried to quit DJI Go on  ...

OK glad you are up and going.
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

roberto.goldbau Posted at 2016-3-24 19:21
i keep getting a gimbal cannot receive mc data message after having upgraded firmware in remote and  ...

Can you please take some screen shots.
And here's screenshots or how to navigate to the IMU calibration.
MC Settings, Advanced Settings, Sensors, Calibrate IMU.
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
2016-3-24
Use props
berniev
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-22 13:38
So it's all good now right?

2 days ago I had 'Not Connected', this time after power up.

Unplugged and replugged USB cable to RC and connection established straight away.

So something is not quite right and it isn't the cable itself. Something in the usb signal detection?
2016-3-24
Use props
Nuurs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft

Guys when I did the app update my phantom 4 also was stuck at 99% with no progress for almost the whole life of the battery on the aircraft but I found a way to successfully complete the update based in someone's comment on this forum, I can't recall the post right now.
Here's what I did.
When I opened the app and clicked on the P4 icon it told me I have an update, then it asked me to connect the aircraft with the phone via the usb cable extension and the update began after some time a window pop up saying to disconnect and reconnect the cable to the aircraft, I did and the update continued until reached 99% and then it got stuck.

"I had the remote control off since I started the update" but after I turned on the remote control Voila! the update just finished and I got a successful update.
I hope this help.
2016-3-24
Use props
jbrahim
lvl.1

Canada

Allen,

I will not take chances, mine just flew away till it crashed on the rocks, i just sent it and i am waiting, probably they will blame it on me as read from many people using DJi but we will wait and see.

I suggest you take back that drone and exchange it. a bug is a bug and if a bug is there why would you like it, you paid so much money , go and exchange it.
2016-3-25
Use props
diabolic303
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

kvarsani Posted at 2016-3-23 16:00
How long does the upgrade take? I'm stuck on 99% after 35mins. How do I complete the update? I pulle ...

I also got stuck at 99%. Just powered off the aircraft. Seemed to work (but was terrifying).
2016-3-25
Use props
dev
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-22 22:49
Why do you say the firmware cannot be done by the app. What device are you using. Please post scre ...

I have taken my Phantom 4 to a DJI dealer and had to pay $50 to get them to link the Phantom ... though they could NOT get it to link to a Apple IOS device - it only connected to a Android phone one of the staff had.

I keep adding - I add the trust pop up on apple but I do not get the blue light OR any camera live feed on my iPhone 6. The controller bins to the aircraft and I get a green light ok but no blue light or camera feed on the DJI GO app

The DJI assistant app also constantly tried to reboot on my Macbook Pro 2012 I constantly get a pop up asking me to reboot which I do and it stays on version one not version 2

2016-3-25
Use props
buxdronex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2100013 ft
  • >>>
Italy

One question DJI -Tim, after firmware update it's necessary imu and gimball calibration?
2016-3-26
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

Following the numerous posted here that say using the DJI Assistant 2 app on your PC fails for the firmware upgrade and to instead try it via the DJI Go app which prompts for a firmware update, I tried that but don't think it worked.  It claims to have done an update and says it was successful.  The App works and the RC talks to the drone and the simulator works (have not tried going in the air yet).  But the App never asked me to connect the cable directly to the drone which suggests it could only have upgraded the RC firmware.  Others have posted about being prompted to hard wire to the drone instead of the RC.

How do I know if the drone has the right firmware?  And is the DJI Assist app safe to use or how to I get the Go app to prompt for connection to the drone?

I don't want to try flying until I'm confident all the firmwares are correct.
2016-3-26
Use props
mrandmrsconnoll
New

United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2016-3-15 20:52
It seems Allen Lew have a big problem updating his bird.
I was able to update mine but had to searc ...

It's a nightmare - keeps saying download paused? No idea why
2016-3-26
Use props
mrandmrsconnoll
New

United Kingdom

Can anyone help I have the rc connected to the dji app but it keeps pushing the download without any progress....
2016-3-26
Use props
dev
New

Australia

dev@tig.com.au Posted at 2016-3-26 11:59
I have taken my Phantom 4 to a DJI dealer and had to pay $50 to get them to link the Phantom ... t ...

Ken why do you constantly ask what devices I am using by re-posting your responses ?

It very clear as I state in my question that I am using an iPhone 6 and a Macbook Pro 2012.

I have now emailed the DJI admin on (djifansforumadmin@dji.com) for this forum with the following questions and screen captures below:

I am having issues with my new Phantom 4 I purchased directly off DJI after the New York event launch and it will not initiate on the DJI GO app via my iPhone 6. I have spoken with your tech from staff both Timmy and Ken from DJI forums who have offered no solution.

I have also taken it back to a DJI dealership in Australia and paid $50 for them try an get it working with the software to no avail. I have updated all the Phantom 4 software for  the Phantom 4 to update via the  DJI Go app which is now on  V01.00.0288.

Though the the DJI assistant software keeps on getting stuck in a loop. The "DJI Assistant" app V01.00.0002 updates but then has a pop up window exclaiming to complete this update I must reboot "to enjoy the new version" that happens over and over again even though I rebooted. What is the fix for this?  (See attachment 2 you can see the pop up window top left corner which keeps on appearing even after rebooting.)

The DJI Go app does not see the Phantom 4 camera via DJO GO app and offers no Link RC or blue light? The controller and the Phantom 4 are bonded and I can fly using sticks but I get no DJI Go apps controls or flight info / tap and fly / etc avail as it says disconnected. (See attachment 2)

Several people are having the same software issues on the forums and all seem to be Apple customers. The Android software seems to work ok but I do not have Android phone or a PC. All of my equipment is Apple Macbook Pro 2012 / iPhone 6. he Macbook OS has all updates that are available including the new El Capitain update yesterday and it still does not work with the DJI Go App. What is the fox for this?

I have a heavy lift Octocopter with the A2 flight control system and a Phantom 2 both have not had any software issues with my Apple products before. But the Phantom 4 software / DJI Assistant and DJI Go app are both not working correctly with my Phantom 4.

I have included two screen captures showing the faults.

If I cannot get this fixed I will have to return the Phantom 4 as Dead On Arrival (DOA) and seek a full refund under the warranty.

Seeing DJI offer only a 7 day return policy for faults I feel I have done all I can -  I have asked for assistance in the DJI forums  3 times  / sought paid assistance from a DJI dealer / phoned Apple store and spoke with staff and none of the faults are fixed and the Phantom 4 remains disconnected via the DJI GO app and the DJI Assistant software will not update successfully.
2016-3-26
Use props
geierdmtr
New

French Polynesia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 09:53
It's doing this from new, it's never been flown?
Are you able to post a video starting from the air ...

It's never been flown.. I got it the day I wAs leaving to Tahiti and now I am here with dead bird. Just downgraded to .70 it was still Shingai same mc data error.. Logger error.. System error..  The upgraded again still same errors.. I guess I can stop trying this one won't fly... Propellers never ever started.. Can't post screenshots here.. Says try later...
2016-3-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

geierdmtr@gmail Posted at 2016-3-27 11:35
It's never been flown.. I got it the day I wAs leaving to Tahiti and now I am here with dead bird. ...

The adding photo in the advanced tab is working fine.
2016-3-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mrandmrsconnoll Posted at 2016-3-27 01:25
It's a nightmare - keeps saying download paused? No idea why

How is your internet connection. If there's a download issue, it may be because of a WiFi internet connection
2016-3-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dev@tig.com.au Posted at 2016-3-26 19:57
Ken why do you constantly ask what devices I am using by re-posting your responses ?

It very cle ...

I have a Macbook Pro and was able to install the firmware. have you made sure you installed the driver and dmg correctly.
Did you also drag the driver into the install tab?
2016-3-26
Use props
dev
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-27 12:09
I have a Macbook Pro and was able to install the firmware. have you made sure you installed the dr ...

yes I am sure I installed it correctly on my Macbook Pro as it running DJI Assistant V1 and updating to V2 ok then stating via the pop up window in the top right corner "DJI Assistant 2 upgrade successful. PLease reboot to enjoy the new version. "

But when i reboot it stays at V1 and does the same thing over and over again asking me to reboot to get V2.

This also does not account for the DJI Go app also not working with the iPhone 6 which is not connecting to the Phantom 4  - obviously this is a different Apple device which is having software issues too. I note that other persons on the forum are having the same issues on Apple products.
2016-3-26
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-27 00:09
I have a Macbook Pro and was able to install the firmware. have you made sure you installed the dr ...

I know I did and I had the exact same problem others are reporting (and I also have a Macbook Pro).  Then I uninstalled everything, did a fresh download from the DJI site and tried again, doing both the driver and the Assistant 2 app.  Still didn't work.

I finally got the firmware upgraded using the method others have reported -- just doing it all from the DJI Go app.  I had to reset it to get it to prompt for the firmware upgrade but at least it eventually worked, which is better than the Assistant.
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dev@tig.com.au Posted at 2016-3-27 13:13
yes I am sure I installed it correctly on my Macbook Pro as it running DJI Assistant V1 and updati ...

I never has Assistant1 so maybe delete that from the system, as it's not an upgrade but Assistant2 is only for the P4.
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

citivas Posted at 2016-3-27 20:19
I know I did and I had the exact same problem others are reporting (and I also have a Macbook Pro) ...

Try again and see if my above post helps. But glad you got it done through the app.
2016-3-27
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-27 05:02
How is your internet connection. If there's a download issue, it may be because of a WiFi internet  ...

Hi Ken

This happened to me it kept pausing one my home and work internet connection, all I did was turn off the phantom 4 it then downloaded the firmware with out pausing then turned the phantom 4 back on to load it in. So it seems that the phantom 4 was stopping it download, after that it installed fine with out  a hitch
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mark.mwilliams7 Posted at 2016-3-27 23:52
Hi Ken

This happened to me it kept pausing one my home and work internet connection, all I did wa ...

Yes, I upgraded several P4's and one of them on the app got stuck at 99%. But after power cycling the P4, it then said completed.
Glad you got it all updated.
2016-3-27
Use props
a.litfin
New

I'm unable to install the new firmware. Got the P4 last week. Never flew this drone (because we have a second one :-) ) Today I tried to update to new firmware 1.00.0288. Tried with iPad Air and iPhone 6 plus. Both mention update available, I start but they almost immediately stop and show button "continue to dowload". Pressed uncounted times but doesn't work. Tried with Assisstant on Windows 10. Connected the drone. It says update available. It always stops at 21%. Rebooted the drone and PC numerous times. Doesn't work. OK. Took the macbook. Asssisstant mentions update available. Downloads it until 100%. Yeah. But then again "update error". What's going wrong? Battery is fully charged, rebooted the whole system, controller update was successful. Reformated SD card. What can I do next? Thanks for your help in advance & happy easter!
2016-3-27
Use props
buxdronex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2100013 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-27 18:00
Yes, I upgraded several P4's and one of them on the app got stuck at 99%. But after power cycling  ...

Hi Ken, after firmware upgrade it's recommended  imu and gimball calibration.

kind regards
2016-3-27
Use props
geierdmtr
New

French Polynesia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-26 18:30
The adding photo in the advanced tab is working fine.

It does not, Ken.. Says upload fails, try again later on iPhone 6 Plus.
2016-3-27
Use props
skriptorl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32626909 ft
Spain

Sorry, not download dng files to android device? And photo & vídeo not separate adjusts?
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Here is a AirShou screen capture of a 5000m flight. It has been edited for time. Note that when the Phantom reaches over 5000m the RTH point is well behind the the battery's remain capacity. This required returning in Sport mode. The craft did make it back but did not catch up to the RTH point until about 500m from the HP.

2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules