Charge the battery and the remote controller?
10990 12 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kirtus
lvl.2

I have seen from several sources that you should not charge the remote controller and the battery simultaniously however I don't see anywhere in the documentation for the DJI Phantom 4 that you should not. Does anyone know if that is no longer a problem with the new model?
2016-3-15
Use props
thegoodtouch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137283 ft
United States

i would charge them separately just to be safe
2016-3-15
Use props
Kirtus
lvl.2

thegoodtouch Posted at 2016-3-16 01:55
i would charge them separately just to be safe

Thank you, and absolutely that is the plan for now. I would just love for DJI to tell us that they have improved the charger to the point that you could charge both at the same time. Would save a lot of time.
2016-3-15
Use props
thegoodtouch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137283 ft
United States

Kirtus Posted at 2016-3-15 11:04
Thank you, and absolutely that is the plan for now. I would just love for DJI to tell us that they ...

No worries, and I would love them to have props, batteries, prop guards and the DJI assistant app available on launch day along with a manual that is free of errors and contradictions but here we are. At least their core products are stellar! In time they will scale up and be able to serve their customer base properly.
2016-3-15
Use props
jace
New

United States

Mine is missing the manual all together... I was looking for this same information with the P3P it specifically says don't charge the RC and battery at the same time but theres no mention of it anywhere in the P4 Manual.
2016-3-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's safe to charge them both at the same time. I've been doing it for over a year without any issues.
2016-3-15
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-15 22:11
It's safe to charge them both at the same time. I've been doing it for over a year without any issue ...

No it's not safe do not do it unless the final version of the manual says we can.... Been through this same issue with the Inspire DJI said no do not charge them at the same time the charger doesn't have the capacity for this purpose. If things have changed with the P4 the great but I would wait and see what the the final manual says
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

It can charge both of them at the same time, but we usually suggest separation if the customers are not in an emergency.
2016-3-15
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 05:21
It can charge both of them at the same time, but we usually suggest separation if the customers are  ...

Thanks for the reply DJI-Amy. Can I ask why it is recommended to charge separately? Can we damage the charger and/or batteries?
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-16 13:52
Thanks for the reply DJI-Amy. Can I ask why it is recommended to charge separately? Can we damage  ...

It's just the current will be divided to half in order to charge the battery and the RC at the same time, so it will take much more time to fully charge them and the low current is not very good for the battery in the long run.
2016-3-15
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 08:49
It's just the current will be divided to half in order to charge the battery and the RC at the sam ...

Ok, can I use my P3 (100w) charger to charge the P4 RC?
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-16 16:49
Ok, can I use my P3 (100w) charger to charge the P4 RC?

Yes, you can charge the RC but not the battery.
2016-3-16
Use props
Kirtus
lvl.2

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 15:49
It's just the current will be divided to half in order to charge the battery and the RC at the sam ...

Thank you Thacyoon for asking that question and thank you DJI Amy for answering all of our questions.
2016-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules