11650 234 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36683 ft
Norway

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-25 19:50
So wait, what you're saying is that the most recent P3P model actually shows a filing for .078 LES ...

hehe yes but just notice how Dronespeed is elegant going to not comment my posts. He's not looking to solve this problem but to make as much noise as possible ^^

I got seriously worried when reading all this bullshit about range issues when I had my p4 and because of weather didn't have a chance to test it yet. Now that I have tested it tho I'm glad I don't have any problems but I'm still curious to what this is all about. I can't stand that repeating FCC document anymore tho and I hope someone with this problem that has a more open mind are willing to provide logs and more info about this so we (or DJI) can figure out what the problem is.
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-25 13:47
#RANGEGATE is real! Maybe the output is only one of the factors. But RANGEGATE lives! No need to be  ...

You were pointing that out as the definitive proof of a conspiracy yesterday while demanding an explantion, so funny how quickly people backpedal when their half -brained theory is debunked.
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Range sensitivity can be affected by something as simple as how the antennas on the controller are aimed or what channel your neighbor's wi-fi is operating it on.  So people experience range issues with an RF based device does not definitively say anything.  At least now you are trying to make light of it.   The things that you state are far more palatable when you're up front about the fact that they're jokes.
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

frank@lokalhost Posted at 2016-3-25 13:56
hehe yes but just notice how Dronespeed is elegant going to not comment my posts. He's not looking ...

I took the liberty of reposting that little tidbit in the DRONEGATE thread he so maturely created.   Hope you don't mind.  Although predictably he is backpedaling from yesterday's demands and conspiracy theory and now would like to make it into the joke (ignoring the fact that it's been a joke to many from the original posts.)
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Man for a supposed exec of one of the most prestigious companies on earth you sure seem a little sad :/
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Didn't you post after your first temper tantrum that "I wont be posting here any further now that Apple and DJI are investigating the issue"   I guess you returned to the forum after the weed wore off?   I'm sure lots of Apple execs would resort to a social media smear campaign of a Vendor/Partner of their company.  I can't tell if you are just really dense, really full of it, or some combination of the two.
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-25 14:04
#RANGEGATE exists in back to back comparisons with P3s flying with the exact same settings as the P4 ...

It has been explained to you in 100 different ways how this means absolutely nothing.   You can make light all you want but there is a whole video from DJI dedicated to aiming the antenna's properly.

Don't you (Edit* claim to) work for the company who claimed people were holding their iphone4's incorrectly?
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

You are really quick with everything except actual facts.
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-25 14:11
Ahhh- the denials and smearing commences again! Don't dare criticize the mighty DJI for #RANGEGATE!! ...

The guy acting on his own accord but is insecure enough about his stance, that he feels the need to include his company and job title in an internet post is calling me emotional Rich.
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

You are just posting on every thread now, a cry for help of sorts, but I'm emotional.  #WHINEGATE
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-25 14:15
Hopefully DJI will have a fix for #RANGEGATE soon. I heard through the grapevine that a reporter fro ...

They probably are analyzing his bird, because he's probably an adult who addresses problems with a level head.  He didn't tell them if they didn't bow down he would call his daddy.
#WHINEGATE
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Surely your Daddy Apple already should have addressed this no?  #WHINEGATE
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-25 14:22
Just got a message from Tony at FPVLR. He says his customers are reporting that they get "noticeably ...

"Noticeably"  That's a very scientific term you present.  Are you going to do anything but whine, Spam every thread, and offer anecdotes?  Luckily for most of us If you continue to Spam every thread with your nonsense I imagine we won't have to endure this tantrum much longer.

#WHINEGATE
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

Most often I like that moderators stay away from forums but where are they when we need them? Would be awesome to get a healthy discussion around this topic but so far we just have one very loud person that doesn't want to try to figure out the problem at all and rules out everything but the fact that dji did some kind of error.
2016-3-25
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-25 20:06
"you are holding the remote wrong'"  hahaha

are you even aware how much much aiming and tilting your remote impacts on the range of your phantom? You struck me as a guy that does not that's why I'm asking. This is a very important question.
2016-3-25
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

Helopilot7 Posted at 2016-3-25 19:54
SS3-WM3231510 is not the FCC ID # on my P4 RC, it's SS3-GL3001510  Can someone else with a brand n ...

Isn't that the FCC ID on your remote? I thought this problem was about the video feed and that is transmitted from the aircraft so the remote output does not really matter.
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
Helopilot7
lvl.2
United States

frank@lokalhost Posted at 2016-3-26 07:31
Isn't that the FCC ID on your remote? I thought this problem was about the video feed and that is  ...

frank,

You are correct, there are two links to consider.

Looking at the FCC reports for both the P3 & P4, the P3 has a greater power output on both the uplink and downlink. The P3 controller to drone has a peak power averaged over the band of .542 Watts with the downlink from drone to controller at .316 Watts.  The P4 controller to drone has a peak power averaged over the band of .216 Watts with the downlink from drone to controller at .200 Watts. The lower the frequency, the greater the power output on both uplink and downlink for the P4. The P4 controller power output is .303 watts at the low end of the band and falls to .159 Watts at the high end of the band.  
2016-3-25
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-25
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-26 02:55
Of course I am aware. Again- I've been flying for a number of years.

It honestly doesn't look like it with the lack of knowledge you are displaying in your numerous threads.

A wise man once said that sometimes it's better to be silent and let everyone think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
2016-3-26
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-26
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-26 11:38
Nice fortune cookie! Notice the other people coming forward with this same issue now.
Another wis ...

Wow I finally got a answer.. Btw how do you think a upgraded remote with higher power will help you with the video range when the video output (power)is on the drone? I was curious about this one but you with your long RC experience will prolly tell me
2016-3-26
Use props
Yeager74
lvl.1

Hong Kong

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-26 02:56
You were pointing that out as the definitive proof of a conspiracy yesterday while demanding an ex ...

Good to know that you have confidence in your own - so obviously profound factually based conclusions. Denying the problem is not going to make it go away. But, surely you already know this, as well.  
2016-3-26
Use props
Yeager74
lvl.1

Hong Kong

frank@lokalhost Posted at 2016-3-26 07:27
are you even aware how much much aiming and tilting your remote impacts on the range of your phant ...

Don't take yourself all to serious mate. You don't strike me as being particularly smart yourself. Just sayin' mate.
2016-3-26
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW!!! Dude if your not happy with your P4 then sell it and get something else, the constant posting and multiple threads is getting old, I have a both a P3P and P4 and yes there is some stuff going on and I just accept it. The P4 is still new and it will take a little more time to see the complete end results. Either way I'm happy with both the P3P and P4 and as you know there are always firmware updates for issues as there have been with the other DJI products in the past. The P4 to me is an amazing bird!  And you never know what tomorrow will bring!
2016-3-26
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

Yeager74 Posted at 2016-3-26 15:53
Good to know that you have confidence in your own - so obviously profound factually based conclusi ...

You are right I must be plain stupid since I can't replicate the range problem. However if I had this problem myself I would try to look into it to see first what I'm doing wrong and try to figure out what I can do to provoke the problem to narrow it down. The two users with range problems I've seen this far are not interested in looking into what they could be doing wrong or what's triggering the problem. This guy has started 4-5 threads with the same topic and refusing to try to solve it he's just showing to a outdated FCC document that doesn't explain anything.

Don't get me wrong.. If there is a problem it needs to be addressed but whats the point of discussing this if there is no interest in solving the problem? Better off just sending a support case to dji then ^^
2016-3-26
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

@DroneSpeed You said in the other thread that DJI was going to swap your P4 controller with one which has the same power as the P3. Do you have any updates for that? Do you think we will all have to send back our controllers or will DJI be able to adjust them with a software patch? How would this affect video range since that is being sent by the drone and not the controller?
I am still waiting for some kind of official information from DJI on the range issue. I hope they provide us with their own tests including where and how they tested the P4's range compared to the P3 Pro and some kind of statement that explains why the FCC singnal strength statement is not an issue. Alternately they could tell us that a firmware update is on the way or in the worst case that we will need to return our drone and controller for the update (I really hope that is not necessary since I love how my P4 flies and don't want to ship it anywhere).
2016-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules