7430 171 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Helopilot7 Posted at 2016-3-30 13:55
"From Franks Post:
By the way, latest 2015 P3P FCC approval and P4.

That's interesting thanks for the clarification.  Are you also experiencing this type of issue with yours?
2016-3-30
Use props
minim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36683 ft
Norway

Helopilot7 Posted at 2016-3-30 20:55
"From Franks Post:
By the way, latest 2015 P3P FCC approval and P4.

"Description of product as it is marketed: (NOTE: This text will appear below the equipment class on the grant):        Phantom 4"

It clearly says so in the description. please look at the documents again. Anyways this is dejavu, we have discussed this already in one of Dronespeeds 10 threads about this topic and it's irrelevant. The important thing is that people are not having range issues when operating it correctly and those that report problems refuse to investigate and test so there is no point in looking more into it really.
2016-3-30
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I think #BATTERYGATE has more meat to it than #RANGEGATE. There is no conceivable way that a Phantom 4 battery could have a useful, practical, realistic life of 28 minutes. 21 minutes seems more like it in my experience and that experience grows with every flight. I was going to do a flight with everything set just so to maximize battery life but then I though "why should I do that?" I only care about real battery life. Useful range = useful battery life. You will hit the return home point long before range becomes a real issue.
2016-3-30
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-27 21:43
Here is a AirShou screen capture of a 5000m flight. It has been edited for time. Note that when the  ...

Thank you, Thank you Ken for posting this. I got 13,335 ft. (2.52mi.) out and started getting a weak image transmission signal, so I figured that was my range and turned back. To know that DJI recommends pushing through that, I have no doubt in my mind that I can reach the 3.1m range the P4 promises. Much appreciated input. Also thanks for posting the RC tutorial, just to clarify things a little further.
2016-3-30
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-3-30 18:17
I think #BATTERYGATE has more meat to it than #RANGEGATE. There is no conceivable way that a Phantom ...

DJI has several responses across the internet that the batteries need to be broken in, and if you use/charge/store the batteries as they recommend then you will eventually have up to 28 min. flight time. IDK if this is true or not, as I've been flying everyday since I got my P4 (but that was only last Wednesday), but I'm taking a wait and see attitude about it to see if that's true before I go complaining about battery performance.
2016-3-30
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-25 16:41
#RANGEGATE is real. DBS mods are now saying that they are having an influx of business because their ...

DroneSpeed, I have no idea if you are experiencing range issues or not, but just to let you know, not everybody is. I'm able to reach my maximum range in non-city environments. So if this was a problem with the lower wattage in the FCC filings or whatever you said the reason for this is, wouldn't my P4 be affected as well? I think the point of this post is that not everybody is having range issues, that's all. I don't doubt you are, i'm just saying not everyone is like your acting like by creating a hashtag about it like it's a company wide, huge problem going on with all their P4s. Just my 2 cents, whether you want them or not.
2016-3-30
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-27 14:09
That is excellent range for a stock setup, I get about 2.2 miles stock on my P3A and if all the P4' ...

yea i've been reading all about these range issues, but nobody is posting where they are located. If they are trying to fly in city environments, then of course they will have range issues. I would think all Phantoms should have this problem (though I don't own anything besides a P4), but I can tell you the P4 is worth every cent. Flying it for the first time was like my first Christmas morning. Just an amazing experience. As with all new products (especially ones so technologically advanced) there are going to be a few bugs at the beginning, which will eventually be fixed with firmware updates, which is what I assume DJI is working on right now to address the issues that have been expressed in this forum (that's one of the reasons the forum exists). Peace and have a good day, consider the P4!
2016-3-30
Use props
Helopilot7
lvl.2
United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-31 03:11
That's interesting thanks for the clarification.  Are you also experiencing this type of issue wit ...

I have only two flights and have not yet tested the maximum range.  The product has so far performed flawlessly.
2016-3-30
Use props
Helopilot7
lvl.2
United States

minim Posted at 2016-3-31 03:16
"Description of product as it is marketed: (NOTE: This text will appear below the equipment class  ...

"It clearly says so in the description. please look at the documents again."

The operator manual documents may not be correct, what's important is the FCC ID on the inside of the battery compartment. The label information in the FCC files also shows 2AHAY-WM3301601 as the correct ID#. If DJI is not affixing the correct ID #to the products they are shipping out, it's a violation of their FCC certification. I'm sure they are not willing to take that risk.
2016-3-30
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-30 15:37
DJI has several responses across the internet that the batteries need to be broken in, and if you u ...

I did. It doesn't. Not in normal use anyway.
2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

Bye Bye Dronespeed  BTW you never gave that job reference for your Apple Executive position or was it store manager  (I know it couldn't have been the genius bar)
2016-3-31
Use props
jim.sandevices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1146388 ft
United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-3-30 18:17
I think #BATTERYGATE has more meat to it than #RANGEGATE. There is no conceivable way that a Phantom ...

I am actually able to get advertised battery life, assuming that the percentage remaining figure is accurate.  On long flights, I usually fly 22-23 minutes and land  with 20-22% battery left.  The longest flight was 25 minutes with 11% battery left.

That's doing a little bit of flying in S mode, with the rest in P mode.

As far as range, in a fairly open (large lots) suburban environment with quite a few trees, I've been able to get a max of about 3,600 feet.  I haven't tried "pushing through" the weak signal warning though, and I don't have a P3 to compare with.

I need to test range in a better environment.

2016-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules