Firmware Update and Incompatibility with Tablets/Phones
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauldharmaratne
lvl.1

Australia

An update of both RC & P3 Pro firmware on 24 March rendered my Samsung Tab 3 8" incompatible and I cannot receive a video feed. I can control the P3 and even see changes to brightness on the histogram but no video. I have a Samsung S7 Edge running Android 6.0.1  The phone works okay despite not being on the list of compatible devces! I also own an Osmo and it to had a firmware upgrade in late March and though it too was working well with the Tablet it too does not work after the firmware upgrade. Quite wierd.

My issue is if I replace my tablet how long can I expect to be able to use it with the P3 Pro before it too become unuseable. I feel DJI need to publish what impact the firmware update will have on compatibility or publish miimum OS and Hardware requirements to run the GO App to have full functionality. perhaps they could take a page out of the PC software industry and have new software work on older hardware systems.
I have no issue with updates to firmware as its to enhance the capability of the Aircrafts or fix bugs but DJI could manage the process better and at least make sure they support older hardware minus the new capabilities at least.

DJI Tech Support pointed me to the list of compatible tablets & phones. JB HiFi had never heard of the 705C I suspect it is the Tab S2. Samsung couldn't help with the video problem either.

I have thought of installing the HDMI module as a work around, any feedback will be welcome.

My Tablet Samsung Tab 3 (SM-T310) runs Android 4.4.2

My P3 Pro Update File P3X_FW_V01.07.0060

Go App 2.7.1
Firmware Ver 1.7.60
Remote Controller 1.5.80

2016-4-3
Use props
martinpamor
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My Feeling exactly, see thread "Phantom 3 Series Newest firmware" where we discuss this issue.
2016-4-3
Use props
pauldharmaratne
lvl.1

Australia

martinpamor Posted at 2016-4-3 19:51
My Feeling exactly, see thread "Phantom 3 Series Newest firmware" where we discuss this issue.

Thanks martinpamor
2016-4-3
Use props
sandmarkcontrac
lvl.2

My Dji Phantom 3 Advanced was working fine, I had just had a quick  flight and then decided to update the aircraft and the controller to the  latest firmware as the Dji Go app was prompting me to do so.
I have a new Ipad air2 which I had to purchase as my other tablet (  Samsung Tab3 ) wouldn't show me the video/camera feed.

Anyway after updating

Dji Go app to ios 2.7.1
Aircraft P3 advanced to 1.7.60 (I had heaps of problems getting it to  load this, the report kept saying it was the same version 1.6 ? but when  I look on the app screen it says its 1.7.60 )
RC to 1.5.8 ( even now it still keeps telling me it needs to update to  version 1.5.8 even though in the (about page) it's version is 1.5.8)
My Ipad Air 2 is running 9.3.1

I now have control of the phantom but I cannot see any camera or video  on my ipad screen.
I have reinstalled and restarted everything multiple times and I get the  same results. ( have reinstalled the DJI Go app from your website and I  now have lost all of my flight records also)
I am so disappointed with this Phantom.
After having to buy a new Ipad Air2 at the start just so it would be  compatible to see the camera on screen I'm now back to where I started.

2016-4-3
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

For android devices go back to 2.6 version of Go  app and it works perfectly with the latest updates to drone and controller
2016-4-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Will it work with another Device attached , just to test the video transmission module ?  if it will not work with other devices please look at the hidden file on the sd card.  If on lines 0800 and 1500 it says "device not detected" Your unit will have to go  in. Be sure to look for this data warning at the very bottom of the data log on the hidden file, this will be the most recent.

this is the how to for hidden file link:http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

donnie
2016-4-3
Use props
pauldharmaratne
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Donnie works with my Samsung S7 Edge both on P3 Pro & Osmo with latest firmware upgrades.
2016-4-3
Use props
superik.nice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184058 ft
France

Hello. The Samsung 705c is the Tab S,not the tab S2. Unfortunately the dji compatible tablets are old one. I wasn t able to buy a brand new Tab S (I ve only found Tab S2 and I Don t wanna buy a used Tab S). It s the same for the xiaomi tab. Anyway I ve just bought last version of xiaomi tab - it s cheaper (200 Euros) than Samsung, I hope it will be ok. Eric
2016-4-4
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-4
Use props
pauldharmaratne
lvl.1

Australia

Go app 2.6.1 seems to work with latest firmware updates but limited to Hd and below.I havent tried 16:9. DJI need to invest more in testing a wider range of Android tablets and at least the latest models of the commoner brands.
2016-4-7
Use props
arniemon
New

GM01 Posted at 2016-4-3 23:39
For android devices go back to 2.6 version of Go  app and it works perfectly with the latest updates ...

Sorry for the newbee question, where can I get older Go apps?
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules