Phantom 4 Firmware Release Note (v1.1.301)
35077 296 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 08:34
Let's see, I started at 6am this morning and now it's 11:30pm and I've been in the forum off and on ...

Long day and night. Hope you get some good rest, now.
2016-4-9
Use props
mika2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655732 ft
Germany

I am trying to update my P4 firmware using the DJI Assistance software on Win 7 after I updated the RC firmware through my iOS App 2.7.1 (I know now, that the other way around is supposed to be used 8).  I got the new firmware 1.1.301 and still try to install it using my USB connection with the P4. The installation process started and went on until 92% where it stocks since more than 2 hours now. The lights of the P4 are still flashing and draining the battery. DJI Assistance doesn’t say anything of help.  Just that the process takes about 15 minutes and that the computer needs to be connected to the internet, which is the case.

What can I do to proceed or is it save to interrupt the process?
2016-4-9
Use props
mmcg2004
lvl.1

Ireland

576DSP Posted at 2016-4-7 20:59
Excellent post! Follow all your steps and upgrade worked perfectly! Thanks again

Had the same prob wit rc signal lost so ended up updating firmware from my android phone.
2016-4-9
Use props
brook.mcalliste
New

I have to say this is a bit ridiculous. I have given up until DJI fix whatever issues it has updating on OSX.
2016-4-9
Use props
jordiocm
lvl.1

Spain

I've updated all right but I see that in flight the video signal has lost signal . an explanation?
2016-4-9
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Worked very smooth and easy the first try.
2016-4-9
Use props
CapeCodPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623287 ft
United States

Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.  I'm just curious, has this been a problem in the past?  Have people hacked into the phantom while flying?
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 2016-4-9 17:43
Long day and night. Hope you get some good rest, now.

Thanks, long weekend too.
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mika2 Posted at 2016-4-9 17:55
I am trying to update my P4 firmware using the DJI Assistance software on Win 7 after I updated the  ...

Power cycle and power everything up and see what the about page says. I too updated a P4 a few weeks ago and it stopped on 99%. I let it sit for 20 minutes and then power cycled while still plugged into the computer and finally completed.
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

brook.mcalliste Posted at 2016-4-9 20:10
I have to say this is a bit ridiculous. I have given up until DJI fix whatever issues it has updatin ...

I am sorry you are having issues.
Try through the app and downgrade the RC back to 1.5.8. Then upgrade the aircraft through the app first then the RC.
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jordiocm Posted at 2016-4-9 20:10
I've updated all right but I see that in flight the video signal has lost signal . an explanation?

Can you post a screen shot. And is it only the video lost, can you still control the camera, take photos/videos, change aircraft settings, Arm the motors?
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rodger Posted at 2016-4-9 20:23
Worked very smooth and easy the first try.

Glad your up and running,
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nanu Posted at 2016-4-9 15:17
Ken - looks like you've had a hard couple of days! Thanks for your presavereance and help. Having  ...

Sounds good
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mariusz@lbh.pl Posted at 2016-4-9 15:22
I'm Mac user, and on mac I cannot finish upgrade p4, but after downloading assistant 2 on windows vi ...

Sorry you had some issues.
2016-4-9
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

Auto Gimbal calibration fails on 72% and camera stays pointed to 45degree left. I already know 5 people with this problem. Heeey DJI where are you looking at? When is it going to be fixed?
2016-4-9
Use props
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

Ken,

Here's what the issue is in my humble opinion. The DJI Go app doesn't show an update available for the craft, only for the RC. So, like many others, I installed the update that the app advises, after having read the email from DJI and assuming that this all in one update would be successful. Of course, after installing the update, the RC now cannot communicate with the craft.

Seems that DJI has some work to do on the Go app in order to ensure that a multipart update should a) automatically install in the correct order, only after b) both parts are downloaded. This would resolve the frustration DJI customers are experiencing from having their devices bricked by DJI.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-4-9
Use props
jordiocm
lvl.1

Spain

Yes only video signal
2016-4-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I'm having very irregular flights today, the aircraft is ascending and descending by itself, swaying side to side, flying sideways off by itself, and switching between GPS and non-GPS mode constantly (where I consistently flew, and had regular GPS satellite signal for 15-17 satellites). This is at my home. Now, I can't trust it to just stay still. What is going on??

edit** sunny day, low cloud cover, low - medium wind. The app crashed the tablet, and I dont know if the flight even got recorded to be able to pull the flight log ( I know the video didn't, at least according to the flight logs in the DJI GO app, but I know it's probably there in the SD card ). The app also kept on glitching so the phantom would stop suddenly as if something was in front of it, and i look down at the screen, and its glitched to show the tree that i had just recently passed, and i'm unable to go forward, because the phantom thinks there is something in front of it. That is very strange, something I have never experienced before now. I would think the sensors on the front of the phantom tells it when to stop, not what's showing on the FPV on the app? Can somebody from DJI weigh in here?
2016-4-9
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I have been waiting a long time (10+ minutes) and have not yet received the message that the Phantom 4 needs updating only the RC (truly horrible software design given that doing what it suggests is guaranteed to fail). Can I assume that the Phantom 4 firmware is downloading in the background without any indication that it is doing so? If so that means that the slower the internet connection, the longer it will take to download the firmware and the longer it will take for it to show up as an option (more horrible software design). Add to this the fact that the Mac Assistant software does not work and is not code signed so it may be ransomware, spyware or some kind of trojan horse since it comes from China. Also why require that the iPad connect to the Phantom 4 via a cable? Ever heard of checksums?
2016-4-9
Use props
nerazzurro10
New

Cyprus

Can't download the firmware through the Dji Assistant 2 from my iMac!

Fix that bug, now!!!!
2016-4-9
Use props
niles1
New

I've had the P4 for about a week. I've had to update the firmware 3 times and the last one turned it into a brick.
I'll be returning it.

2016-4-9
Use props
ChrisElly
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Do what I did take it back to the Apple Store if you can wait a couple of months for them to the iron all the bugs out. You will get no reply from DJI I have  had  7 in the last two weeks due to various errors / Sticking iPad holder/ Gibble squeaking/ firmware download and no GPS not good for a new Phantom 4.
This would have ruined my weekend again if I had still got one.

Hope this Helps
2016-4-9
Use props
mika2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655732 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 17:10
Power cycle and power everything up and see what the about page says. I too updated a P4 a few wee ...

After a shutdown caused by a power loss (I needed to leave for an hour) and recharging the P4 doesn`t change. The lights are still flashing. DJI Assistance found the P4 after reconnection but doesn’t show anything else. No actual or new firmware. After a click on the P4 symbol on the upper left corner the connection screen reappeared saying “Waiting for Backend to boot up ...”. But the Backend doesn’t boot up and the flashing lights on the P4 don’t disappear.
BTW: What does “Version: V” in the lower right corner mean? Is there a text string missing?
2016-4-9
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 21:13
I am sorry and I edited the post.  If you can post a video showing the drop you are experiencing i ...

Ken,

I flew this morning and tried to capture the video for you.

This is a series of different camera locations. I am using the horizon to facilitate reading the height drop.

The drop occurs mainly flying from right to left and on forward flight. It happens on GPS mode and GPS+Sport Mode, same way and amounts.

Basically, I start at a certain height (6 meters in the video) and using the roll stick ONLY i fly to the left, what i notice 100% of the time is:

The P4 climbs 2-4 meters up from starting point and once I release the stick, it drops by itself the same amount it climbed.

This never happened with the P3 and I cannot believe this is normal since every time I shoot video on this position, my horizon will start moving down too and with the additional drop footage, it is useless (and dangerous, since it can drop on top of a roof, tree, person, etc.)

Please look at the video and let me know if more videos are needed, I collected a ton this morning, all of them with the quad dropping. Thanks for your time.

2016-4-9
Use props
Kylek_pdx
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 23:11
I am sorry you are having issues.
Try through the app and downgrade the RC back to 1.5.8. Then upg ...

Hi Ken,
I successfully update the bird, but the RC is being a pain. I was able to download the 1.6.0 software but it will not install it. Every time it triy to install it the RC actually disconnects the USB. I have Tried deleting and reinstalling the app, I have tried both a a note 3 and galaxy s6 both have the same issue. The far left light on the RC are solid white. I download the firmware onto a USB memory stick and tried to install the firmware through the USB on the RC nothing i work. I tried to down grade but there is not versions available in my app to download to. Could really use some help, also please take back to DJI that firmware update right before the weekend is poor planning.
2016-4-9
Use props
Kylek_pdx
lvl.1

Kylek_pdx Posted at 2016-4-10 04:56
Hi Ken,
I successfully update the bird, but the RC is being a pain. I was able to download the 1.6 ...

This thread saved the day for me
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html
2016-4-9
Use props
motor67
lvl.1

United States

aidovicius.b Posted at 2016-4-7 19:33
Don't update!!! , after update display signal lost, and you can't take off

I did the update and it's fine so far. True the gimble auto calibrate still has issues, but if you keep trying the auto calibrate, it goes through. Don't be scared, the update is fine. Try rebooting all your devices and see if it clears up your issues.
2016-4-9
Use props
frank.dellaert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-9 19:34
I'm having very irregular flights today, the aircraft is ascending and descending by itself, swaying ...

Exactly the same issues I had today after upgrading: the P4 is not as stable anymore all the time, suddenly starts descending without any reason, looses RC-signal at places where I had full coverage before etc.
I must say that the P4 felt less stable and responsive than my P3 from day one, so also before the latest firmware update..
I have the impression that he programming of the 'double' IMU and compass might have to do something with these problems. Sometimes it feels like the P4 is acting erratically and then suddenly returns to normal: is this the moment the firmware detects that IMU I or compass I is not working right and it switches to set II ?
2016-4-9
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-4-9 21:01
Ken,     I flew this morning and tried to capture the video for you.  This is a s ...

There is a number of us that have already posted about this and we submitted flight logs and still have no answers from dji on this issue, this last firmware update didn't fix it on my P4, lets hope they find it and sort it
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mark.mwilliams7 Posted at 2016-4-10 07:00
There is a number of us that have already posted about this and we submitted flight logs and still ...

I am sorry, I'm some Monday when everyone is back at work they're will hopefully be some answers.
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

And also, for everyone having firmware update issues, please post screenshots showing the issue.
2016-4-9
Use props
Fred0860
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236184 ft
  • >>>
France

Does this new firmware include a battery firmware upgrade, similar to what was in V01.00.0288?

I much prefer knowing for sure before I find out in the field. I upgrade the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. Should I do a firmware refresh of the aircraft for every battery (all have already been updated to V01.00.0288)?
2016-4-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-9 18:00
Exactly the same issues I had today after upgrading: the P4 is not as stable anymore all the time, ...

yea, you might be on to something there. I dont know what's wrong with mine, but it's ascending/descending +-10 feet on its own while hovering, swaying back and forth/side to side after braking to a stop instead of just hovering like it used to. It's making me very nervous to fly. I have documented video of the swaying when braking, you can see it clearly from the drones FPV, as well as flight logs showing the throttle not being touched while the aircraft ascends 15 feet by itself. It's just acting very strange, very unstable. I don't like it. I'm not confident anymore with this thing being in the air. and that sucks.
2016-4-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Fred0860 Posted at 2016-4-9 19:43
Does this new firmware include a battery firmware upgrade, similar to what was in V01.00.0288?

I mu ...

I don't understand the battery firmware thing. I have 3 batteries, have done two FW upgrades (although the first one was when I only had one battery) but I did the firmware update 3 days ago and I have 3 batteries, I only upgraded the FW once on one battery, but i've flown with all 3 since then. Is it necessary to upgrade each battery you own as well as the app, aircraft, and RC when new FW upgrades come out?
2016-4-9
Use props
scott.satellite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft

I had loss of signal today as well, and it was only a short distance away.

Anyone know how to do a screen capture on a Nvidia Shield?
2016-4-9
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Did the update last night, gosh...have never seen anything like that, the app keep telling me the firmware version is the latest after I've done the controller update, no notifications on updating the MC firmware at all! It just keep showing losing control signal to the remote controller, I was very upset and left the powered on bird on the table, 5 mins later when I got back...strange thing has happened, the app has finally asked me to update the MC firmware! I just can't understand why would it took so long to verify the version?
2016-4-9
Use props
morgo1968
lvl.2
United Kingdom

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-4-10 04:09
Did the update last night, gosh...have never seen anything like that, the app keep telling me the fi ...

Flew my P4 with the new firmware yesterday.  In my view it's more unstable now then it was before.  It now randomly descends more when it stops then it did before, and it generally seems more unstable in the air.  I also lost signal a couple of times, which didn't happen before, and at most it was only a few hundred metres from me (as the range limit set to 500m as I'm still new to this).

I'll have to work out how to download / view the flight logs to verify, but the descending can clearly be seen in the video I was shooting.

Still hoping for some acknowledgement  / action / timing on fixing the issue.
2016-4-9
Use props
fseider
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

My results after firmware update:
- Gimbal horizen is OK, despite error message during calibration
- less stability
- more signal losses
-In Sport modus the drone lost 3 m over a distance from 200 m...
A downgrade by the DJI Assistant does not work. Not under os, not under windows
2016-4-10
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

morgo1968 Posted at 2016-4-10 14:47
Flew my P4 with the new firmware yesterday.  In my view it's more unstable now then it was before. ...

What's the altitude when the aircraft start to descends by it self? I've noticed the symptom mostly happens in low altitude...<10m, hence I suppose the symptom might comes  from the false judgment by the ultra sound system... just a little guess on this.
2016-4-10
Use props
danny2014
lvl.1

Germany

I finally managed to install the update.
2016-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules