Firmware Upgrade Notes
63502 186 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

So glad to see nothing's changed since we've been gone.
2016-4-15
Use props
Thomas Tavara
lvl.1

Germany

jaykohler@iclou Posted at 2016-4-14 01:59
could you explain Exactly how do you downgrade back on the rc

Hi Jaykoler, here's a link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2641341

Worked for me. It lets you downgrade the controller back to V1.580. But I still have a "poor" signal though.

Hope I could help!
2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

timcollett Posted at 2016-4-16 14:04
Just did the firmware update for PS3 and nw my controller has a weak signal and can barely get to 15 ...

Can you post a screen shot of the app saying Weak RC signal?
Also this video may help.

2016-4-16
Use props
Mastahaze
New

Italy

I tried today the firmware update. I own a p3p and today i had a short flight with rc at 1.5.8 and p3p on the 1.7.006 fw. I noticed the app was telling me to update. So once back home, i did the procedure for the 1.8 p3p fw. As usual. No way i could update. It keep giving me errors over errors. Meanwhile the rc is now 1.6 and the phantom cannot update at all. From the last 2 fw update this process just became a pain in the ass. So what now? Rc is 1.6 and p3p refuse to install anything. For a 1500 dollars product this is not acceptable.
2016-4-16
Use props
Mastahaze
New

Italy

The update procedure says that DDDDD should not be longer than 30 seconds. Dji said it's a code noise made when the craft is reading the bin file. Mine keep going forever until the failure beep with the red light. I tried both my sd card. I formatted both. Copied the bin file again and again. Same result. Likewise 40 times. I am seriously pissed off. Dji. I wanna use my drone. At least give me a procedure to downgrade the rc and i will try downgrade again the firmware of the craft back to 1.7.0060
2016-4-16
Use props
svmpromo
New

United States

What  do you do when you update the Firmware on your drone but on the controller still has not update to the controller. It say the file is identical to what's on your controller
2016-4-16
Use props
phantom
lvl.1
United States

Hi. I am having the same trouble. Have upgraded fm on controller. But won't work on battery, aircraft, or camera. The iPad app doesn't allow anything to be pressed. I have formatted the micro sd (using dji go app) and moved the .bin file to the root then powered down then back up the aircraft. Blinked red lights only and no update. Says poor signal and now afraid to fly. Brand new unit just received Thursday. Upgraded from phantom one and very excited... But need to resolve these issues. app - requires fm upgrade but doesn't provide or allow. Thanks.  
2016-4-17
Use props
phantom
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-17 01:54
Can you post a screen shot of the app saying Weak RC signal?
Also this video may help.

Sure hoping you can help with my fm issues. See post below.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

phantom@patrick Posted at 2016-4-17 22:50
Hi. I am having the same trouble. Have upgraded fm on controller. But won't work on battery, aircraf ...

These are two different things, poor video signal doesn't have anything to do with upgrading the firmware. Which aircraft do you have? From your username and saying you put the BIN file on the SD card then you must have a P3 Pro or Advanced.
If your RC is on 1.6 and your aircraft won't update to 1.8, then you will see RC Signal Lost and not have poor signal.
Can you post screen shots, I need to know if your aircraft status says RC signal lost or weak RC signal.
Also post screen shots of the Overall status page and the About page.
2016-4-17
Use props
turnerpj
New

United Kingdom

In trying to update the firmware of my Phantom 3 Adv. I am unable to unZip the relevant file.
Can someone give me some advice?
Thanks
Peter Turner
2016-4-17
Use props
rdelrosario
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Where is the link for the file to upgrade the P4?
Having problems with RC LOST

don't see any where the firmware upgrades or downgrades versions.
please help

Thanks
2016-4-17
Use props
rdelrosario
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Where is the link for the file to upgrade the P4?
Having problems with RC LOST

don't see any where the firmware upgrades or downgrades versions.
please help

Thanks
2016-4-17
Use props
Thomas Tavara
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Guys!

After I upgraded the disaster firmware on the Phantom 4 & the controller, both devices stopped working. The controller lost signal & the Phantom did nothing - except weird sounds.
I then downgraded both devices & everything works fine.
Just format the SD-Card in the Phantom, then put the old firmware on (through Mac or iPhone - or w/ever you have), then downgrade the controller to the old version.
Here's a link how to downgrade both devices:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2641341
It's all in there, scroll down & click the links.

Have fun! :-)
... and great job DJI! Why do you put out firmware that doesn't work?!?!?!
2016-4-17
Use props
don.kulinowski
New
Flight distance : 45686 ft

Yesterday I upgraded to the 4/7 firmware on my P3P & remote controller. I noticed yesterday I had trouble communicating to the aircraft and it "Disconnected" several times. I thought maybe there was some interference in the area but eventually flew a good test flight. Today, I took it up to 390ft and began flying forward and several seconds into he flight it suddenly disconnected and simply dropped out of the sky. FORTUNATELY it crashed in a backyard and not on anyone or their property (car or house). I thought these would "return home" if there were a disconnect, but mine simply fell out of the sky HARD and is now totaled. I strongly urge not upgrading to the 4/7 firmware as I strongly believe this crashed my drone and I blame DJI. If you have upgraded and see "Disconnected" errors or poor communications - DO NOT FLY.
2016-4-17
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522598 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-10 01:43
I am sorry users are having difficulties and DJI is not blaming users. I too had problems updating ...

Sorry for this DJI-Ken; but aren't you one of the moderators?? I'm wondering my post doesn't show up in the Phantom 3 Section?? I just can't find it!!

Patrick
2016-4-17
Use props
siong220576
New
Flight distance : 91161 ft
  • >>>

Hi Guys,
i did the update on my Inspire 1 pro. after update to the firmware. i having a signal loss and can't even move now. i still have video feed on my Ipad just no control over anything.
have try re-link the controller and aircraft but just don't work at all. anyone can help me on this.  I still have a job to finish up so really need help here.

2016-4-18
Use props
PJGinFL
lvl.1
United States

For what it's worth - I spent most of Saturday unsuccessfully trying to update my firmware.  Followed the instructions correctly.  Didn't work.  I was able to update controller with DJI Go app - but not aircraft.  Finally attempted to update to 1.7 (new purchase, not sure what's on it, app didn't read it)... and it tried (but started before failing and saying "same ver).  So THEN... after it didn't install 1.7.0... I AGAIN tried 1.8.8.  And - SUCCESS!  So - now to fly.
2016-4-18
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

For the record. I updated my P3P and a friends P3P to all the latest FW, and DJI GOapp on iOS 9.3.1 (initially 9.3).

Everything on both P3Ps worked perfectly and flying and signals are as strong as ever. I did have to recalibrate the sticks on one of the controllers and you have to reset your settings for video.

These GOapps were both on iPadMini2's.

So all good in NH with the latest FW and iOS at least.
2016-4-18
Use props
sergio.a.lima
New

I have a side question for DJI (or for older Phantom users who might have seen this happened before with other models)....

So I got a P3P about two weeks before the launch of the P4. It was an unexpected gift and the person who got it for me knows little about drones.... I am considering selling it and upgrading to the P4 (some of the new features are worth the upgrade in my view)... But in doing this I would obviously have to sell my drone technically as a 'used' drone and lose value and then add more dollars to cover for the price difference.

The question is... would DJI roll some of the new software features of the P4 for the P3? For example... the ability to tap and go, to track, should be all software related (ie not needing any new actual components that are in the P4 but not in the P3)... so assuming this is the case, the P3s could run the software upgrades and inherit some of the new features developed for the P4... has DJI done this before to cross-polinate and deliver backward compatibility updates for new features of newer models to to older models? Is this something we can expect or the P3 wil never see any of the features of the P4?

I'd like to hear your thoughts so I can make an informed decision.

Cheers
Sergio
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

sergio.a.lima Posted at 2016-4-19 00:18
I have a side question for DJI (or for older Phantom users who might have seen this happened before  ...

TapFly and ActiveTrack will not be available for Phantom 3 Series. New functions for Phantom 4 are based on the hardware which is different from P3
2016-4-18
Use props
jshanson1114
New

Our Phantom 4 has been useless since the 4/7 released update. It displays MC Data error. I've tried downgrading the software via ipad and mac desktop but an error occurs when the download reaches 100%. We bought this drone specifically for a trip to Iceland in 10 days and its completely useless right now. Someone at DJI please help - fast!
2016-4-18
Use props
mrokay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2756 ft
United States

Rigworker Posted at 2016-4-9 23:05
I am a bit curious why there are always so many issues with firmware updates. Would it not be bett ...

I updated it to 1.6 and still got Signal Lost. Hopefully with 1.5.8 it will work. Wish me good luck .
2016-4-18
Use props
thedroneeye
lvl.1

Australia

michael.shackle Posted at 2016-4-12 07:11
Well, I attempted to update my P3P on sunday.  The update went fine for about 20 minutes and then th ...

Got the same problem. Have had P3P less than a year, probably only done around 10 flights. Always landed soundly and treated it gently like a baby. All of a sudden I was getting the "No Signal" on the video feed (while every other function continued to work). I tried to upgrade the firmware and was getting failed with [08 00] and [15 00] devices not detected.
After speaking with DJI support, I have to send it over to China for repairs, and likely wear the repair costs!
I am fucking pissed off hard. Although, what else should I expect, this POS was made in China after all!
2016-4-18
Use props
turnerpj
New

United Kingdom

I am having difficulty in opening the din file  of the P3adv. copter so cannot proceed with a firmware upgrade.
Please advise
Thank you
Peter Turner
2016-4-19
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

thedroneeye Posted at 2016-4-19 00:24
Got the same problem. Have had P3P less than a year, probably only done around 10 flights. Always  ...

I was afraid of what costs I might have to cover for the [08 00] and the [15 00] error, but they ended up repairing and testing for free.  I'm just waiting to get it back this Friday to see how it all turned out.  It's going to make me very uneasy the next time a firmware update hit.
2016-4-19
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Are there release notes for new firmwares? I cannot find them.. It would be nice to read up what was added/changed in the upgrade.
Thx!
EDIT --
Found it: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Note_en_160411.pdf
Not impressed with the detail though....
2016-4-20
Use props
thedroneeye
lvl.1

Australia

dieselwind Posted at 2016-4-19 22:41
I was afraid of what costs I might have to cover for the [08 00] and the [15 00] error, but they e ...

Hey dieselwind, do you know what repairs they actually did? Did they replace the gimbal or something similar... I'm assuming no downgrading or powering off, resetting etc procedures are gonna do me any good if it is a hardware issue..
2016-4-20
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

thedroneeye Posted at 2016-4-20 20:20
Hey dieselwind, do you know what repairs they actually did? Did they replace the gimbal or somethi ...

I'm not sure, and from what I've read on here they don't include repair invoices often.  When I get it back tomorrow (via FedEx), I'll look at the gimbal and see if it was swapped out. As for any "hard reset", there isn't.  The person from support said there was absolutley nothing I could do.  Maaaaaybe try downgrading, but even that didn't work.
2016-4-21
Use props
PJGinFL
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-17 23:35
These are two different things, poor video signal doesn't have anything to do with upgrading the f ...

Hi - I was able to get the firmware upgraded.  I tried 1.6 - it failed saying same version - then tried 1.8.8 again - and it worked.  Thanks!
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

PJGinFL Posted at 2016-4-22 21:02
Hi - I was able to get the firmware upgraded.  I tried 1.6 - it failed saying same version - then  ...

Glad you are updated. Where did you see 1.6 for the aircraft, you should have only seen 1.3, 1.7, or 1.8.
2016-4-22
Use props
PJGinFL
lvl.1
United States

Perhaps it was 1.7.0006
2016-4-22
Use props
PJGinFL
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for your help!  Wondering - did you see my post about shaky gimbal?
2016-4-22
Use props
rlp0464
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1399934 ft
United States

I still cannot get the latest firmware to load onto my P3A.  Ive gone thru all the tutorials from DJI, but the SD card shows, on the ab.txt file after upload attempted, it shows successful on the first paragraph, then 5, or 6, or 7, or 8 paragraphs showing that the upload was unsuccessful, that it was aborted.
   The RC controller still shows a red status light next to the battery power level lights.  It still will not connect to the aircraft.  I bought the system new in the box off amazon, and have never even gotten the props to spin once, it has never worked.  Is anyone else having the same problem?
   All the video tutorials from DJI have been followed, repeatedly, and still I cant get a connection.  Anyone having the same issues?  Should I just send it back and try another company?
2016-4-26
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Looks like 2.8.0 Android app version came out just yesterday, is that it, or will it come with another firmware update as well?
2016-4-26
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

*discard this post, accidental*
2016-4-26
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

rlp0464 Posted at 2016-4-26 04:33
I still cannot get the latest firmware to load onto my P3A.  Ive gone thru all the tutorials from DJ ...

How long did you wait? I had my beeping at me for good 25-30 minutes...
2016-4-26
Use props
Subdural
New

United States

Why is it so loud?  The fire company came when neighbors called that an alarm was going off.  Next time patch with some colored LED changes or something - skip the sound?
2016-4-27
Use props
roark
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-22 21:39
Glad you are updated. Where did you see 1.6 for the aircraft, you should have only seen 1.3, 1.7,  ...

Getting my Phantom 4 tomorrow. I've been reading manuals in the meantime as well as this forum. I've also learned how to fly a cheap Syma drone manually over the last month. Not too worried about the flying part - but I'm terrified to upgrade the firmware after everything I've been reading.

What's the official word on the upgrade process? Is the firmware itself responsible for all the bricking? Or is the order in which you upgrade in. RC then AC.  Most owners of a brand new Phantom 4 would likely hook up the RC to their phone first - try out the simulator and upgrade it's firmware, no?

Or should I find a computer and update the AC first? Would love official word because it's not in the release notes. And I won't blindly trust random forum posts.
2016-4-28
Use props
batteriesareinc
New

United States

Hello Fellow droners,
I need some help... I'm trying to update the firmware on my inspire 1, but it won't start the process. I formatted the sd card, I dl the latest firmware, unzipped it and loaded the .BIN file into the root of the sd card. I then inserted it into the camera and turn on the Inspire.....  Nothing happens. It started up as normal. no beeps, no diffrent color lights... Bupkis ... Am I doing something wrong ?  Can someone shed some light on this matter.
Thank you
  Figs...:@
2016-4-29
Use props
baldobesich
New

United States

RE: Latest Firmware Upgrade (April 2016)

I have a Samsung S6 Operating system is Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). I have updated my Phantom 3 Advance and RC to most recent firmware (April 7th). My phone will now not work with the Phantom. The RC and Drone will connect...I'll plug in my phone, and instead of seeing "Camera" it only shows "How to Connect."  I grab my wife's iPhone or our iPad, and it works fine.  

Phone software says updated to G920VVRU4CPC2

Phantom: Firmware v1.8.80
RC: 1.6.0

App has been uninstalled and reinstalled. Version: 2.8.0

A person on DJI chat said that because Marshmallow - that currently it will not work... is that correct? is there an ETA on when this will be fixed? Will you let us know when it is fixed or will you force us to check back over and over again? I love the drone, but the customer service on the support side has been lacking. I look forward to hearing back from someone.
2016-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules