Destroyed Phantom 4 in 60 seconds w/ video
11974 176 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phillapittsyork
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 18:24
No I was unable to. I can try Monday when I'm in the office or the data analysis department will r ...

DJI Ken - I still have not received my RMA email.  I followed up with DJI on Monday to see what the status was and they assured me I would receive my email in the next 2-4 hours, but I still have not received it.  Is there any way that you can help?  Also, is there any chance you've been able to see my logs at this point?
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phillapittsyork Posted at 2016-9-14 21:25
DJI Ken - I still have not received my RMA email.  I followed up with DJI on Monday to see what th ...

What is your ticket# and I will look to see why you have not been contacted yet. You filled out all the required paperwork right?
I don't have your email anymore, I'll be able to see it with the ticket#.
2016-9-14
Use props
Phillapittsyork
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-14 10:02
What is your ticket# and I will look to see why you have not been contacted yet. You filled out al ...

CAS-250380-G4W3X4
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I still do not see anything in the flight log.
I also see that you were already sent 2 emails, one with the RMA procedure on 9/9, then another email with the UPS shipping label on 9/10
Please check your email again and also spam folder.
2016-9-14
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

justin.schwingh Posted at 2016-4-25 18:25
Rats. I didn't see anything in the documentation or the DJI videos about where to calibrate compas ...

I think it mentions to take your Phantom to a large open area (meaning a field) for the first flights. This is common knowledge - and perhaps why a lot of us suggest starting with other models and spending months or even years before stepping up to >1K models.

It's been mentioned for many years - and even in the DJI Go app, to do compass cals away from even small bits of metal.

We are putting our best selling DJI book online now - in chapters. It may help you and others in the future.
http://www.droneflyers.com/2016/ ... dcopters-chapter-1/

There is a lot to learn about this hobby. The idea that one can buy one and then go to Iceland is, unfortunately, not "real world".
2016-9-14
Use props
Phillapittsyork
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-14 13:13
I still do not see anything in the flight log.
I also see that you were already sent 2 emails, one ...

I just re-searched my inbox and checked my spam folder, but there is nothing.  Can you see the email address they are sending to?  it should be going to simon.jonm@gmail.com.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phillapittsyork Posted at 2016-9-15 04:38
I just re-searched my inbox and checked my spam folder, but there is nothing.  Can you see the ema ...

I see now, the email in the system is simos not simon.
It was just fixed and the two emails are being sent back to you.
2016-9-14
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315584 ft
United Kingdom

Thats one crap day matey. Sorry for you.
2016-9-16
Use props
J74656
New
Flight distance : 32707 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW! Im amazed that you flew that thing off a building first flight! First we wouldn't be able to do that now in the UK due to new CAA rules and regulations in such a congested area. If we fly off buildings in the UK now we will end up with the fear of being heavily fined. Your first test flight needs to be done in an open area such as a park or lots of open land so that you can get practice and get an idea on how to fly it properly. Trying to calibrate that compass on the top of the building must have been interesting as most high rise buildings not to mention the bridge nearby has lots of metal in it. Sorry to hear that you lost your drone on the first flight but common sense does kick in!
2016-9-17
Use props
Phillapittsyork
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-14 16:53
I see now, the email in the system is simos not simon.
It was just fixed and the two emails are be ...

DJI Ken - I went through the RMA process, shipped back my damaged drone, and my case number is CAS-250380-G4W3X4.  It says that as of 9/23 "Repair cost assessed and quoted", but I have yet to receive an email with confirmation that it was a result of the midflight compass calibration error, and that a replacement drone would be sent out.  Is there any way for you to check that status on your end as it has been over a week at this point?
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phillapittsyork Posted at 2016-10-3 23:38
DJI Ken - I went through the RMA process, shipped back my damaged drone, and my case number is CAS ...

I'm sorry, for more accurate information than I can provide please call 818-235-0789 and they will help you out.
2016-10-3
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

Agree...hitting the RTH that close was not a good idea.
2016-10-3
Use props
Phillapittsyork
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-3 12:21
I'm sorry, for more accurate information than I can provide please call 818-235-0789 and they will ...

DJI-Ken, I was very disappointed to find out that DJI is only giving me a 15% discount on the repair.  Has the policy changed vs the case in the above thread?  By viewing the flight logs, you can clearly see the aircraft spiral out of control without any adjustment made to the control sticks.  After the aircraft spirals out of control and strikes the apartment building wall, I jumped off the platform I was on to run to the edge of the roof as the drone fell several stories to the ground, and in doing so the control sticks were recorded as having moved for an instant.  Fact of the matter is though, that by the time there was any contact with the control sticks, the drone had already struck the building and was crashing to the ground.  I asked that the representative reflect this to the data analysis team, and please provide a fully covered replacement.  Is there anything you can do to help?
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phillapittsyork Posted at 2016-10-7 01:06
DJI-Ken, I was very disappointed to find out that DJI is only giving me a 15% discount on the repa ...

I spoke to the department in charge of the discount to see if anything can be done.
Don't know if anything will happen or not. They will email you or I'll post if anything can be changed.
Sorry about that.
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phillapittsyork Posted at 2016-10-7 01:06
DJI-Ken, I was very disappointed to find out that DJI is only giving me a 15% discount on the repa ...

I just went to the flight data analysis department and spoke with them. The reason you were invoiced is you still had some control of the aircraft and could have landed safely. The original person in this thread had no control at all.
BUT, since you are being courteous and and nice I was able to get to get you a replacement aircraft 100% covered. Your welcome.
BUT in the future, please, only calibrate the compass in an area with no metal around. Do not calibrate on a rooftop.
2016-10-6
Use props
Phillapittsyork
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-6 13:55
I just went to the flight data analysis department and spoke with them. The reason you were invoic ...

DJI-Ken you are a hero.  And you do not have to worry about me ever calibrating like that again.  Thanks again, and I'll let you know when all is said and done!
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phillapittsyork Posted at 2016-10-7 03:02
DJI-Ken you are a hero.  And you do not have to worry about me ever calibrating like that again.   ...

No problem at all, you owe me a beer
Now with that 85% you would have had to pay for another P4 can go towards a Mavic
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules