Need help !!!!!
2299 50 2016-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manatas2
lvl.2

Lithuania

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-20 19:52
Check your props and insure they are not damaged or not fully on.

Hi

My props are ok because I flew with brand new props and have still the same problem.
Do i need prop balance tool?

Thanks.
2016-5-20
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft

manatas2 Posted at 2016-5-18 15:31
Late question, but did you fixed it?
Thanks.

Late answer. No it still drifts back if I fly in a line from left to right. It never used to do that.
2016-5-20
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

manatas2 Posted at 2016-5-20 11:58
Hi

My props are ok because I flew with brand new props and have still the same problem.

Something is defective, just not sure if maybe your motors are not lined up straight or a motor is not producing the correct speed.
2016-5-20
Use props
manatas2
lvl.2

Lithuania

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-20 20:19
Something is defective, just not sure if maybe your motors are not lined up straight or a motor is ...

Can i do some type of calibration for motor check?
2016-5-20
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

manatas2 Posted at 2016-5-6 04:35
Oh so that is why my bird flying not straight, other people said that metal objects don't affect I ...

Imu calibration is not affected by metal objects, only compass. You are getting some wrong info on this thread. Make an absolutely level surface and do a cold imu calibration. You can find many YouTube videos on cold imu calibration so I won't bug the thread down by repeating.
2016-5-20
Use props
manatas2
lvl.2

Lithuania

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-20 21:12
Imu calibration is not affected by metal objects, only compass. You are getting some wrong info on ...

Thanks, but do you know what to do with gimbal?
when I try to fly it second time, gimbal is not level so I have to do calibration.
2016-5-20
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

manatas2 Posted at 2016-5-21 02:17
Thanks, but do you know what to do with gimbal?
when I try to fly it second time, gimbal is not le ...

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so this is what I would do:
First do a COLD IMU calibration on an absolutely level surface
Once that is done, without moving the phantom, do a gimbal calibration
Then go to a field away from all metallic objects, put the phantom downing turn it on and walk away from it 25feet.
Using the rc start the compass calibration, leave the rc behind and walk to the phantom and do the compass calibration using the lights on the p3 which will tell you when to do the horizontal, vertical and when a successful calibration has been done.
I exaggerate and don't carry any rings, belts, phone, when I do a compass calibration, if I could walk naked to the p3 without getting arrested I would.

Do all these cumbersome steps and see if it helps. If you need advice on the best way to do cold imu calibration let me know
2016-5-20
Use props
manatas2
lvl.2

Lithuania

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-20 21:40
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so this is what I would do:
First do a COLD IMU calib ...

OK, but for how long do you leave battery in the fridge before doing IMU calibration?
2016-5-20
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer

manatas2 Posted at 2016-5-21 04:02
OK, but for how long do you leave battery in the fridge before doing IMU calibration?

No, not the battery. The phantom needs to be cold.
DO NOT USE FRIDGE.
Take battery out of phantom. Put phantom on top of an ac air duct for 45 mins. Have your flat surface absolutely leveled.
After 45 mins, turn your rc on and the app open, know where you have to go in the app for the imu calibration.
Get the phantom and insert battery and put it on the leveled surface, turn it on and start the imu calibration. Do this very quickly before the phantom warms up.
Once started, do not move it, don't walk near it, just walk away and let it finish. Once finished do the gimbal calibration without moving phantom.Then do the compass Calibration as I mentioned before
If you don't have air condition system then you need a source of cold DRY air. I use a walkin cooler that I have in my business. It blows dry cold air. The reason I say no fridge, is because I don't know how dry the air in your fridge is. Use good judgment
2016-5-20
Use props
manatas2
lvl.2

Lithuania

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-20 23:14
No, not the battery. The phantom needs to be cold.
DO NOT USE FRIDGE.
Take battery out of phantom.  ...

Thanks you helped a lot. today I tried IMU calibration and after it I went to the fishing contest to film boats  and It flew great!!!

2016-5-21
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

manatas2 Posted at 2016-5-21 05:59
Thanks you helped a lot. today I tried IMU calibration and after it I went to the fishing contest  ...

Great, I'm glad it worked for you. Now, before each and every flight go to the Mc settings under advanced, then sensors and check your compass values. If between 1300 to 1600 then your compass is fine and doesn't need to be recalibrated.
2016-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules