Unexplained Phantom 4 falls out of the sky. (photos of drone inside)
7096 59 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

ISA AYDIN Posted at 2016-5-15 20:19
You said your GF was watching it, why didn't she  see that prop shot out. You didnt mention it in yo ...

Well if the prop shot out causing the drone to fall I'm sure like I was, she was looking at a falling drone. Not a small piece of plastic that swiftly was lost. Also if a prop falls off, guess what it's going to do SPIRAL. Look I don't care for your opinion because you will not be giving the final diagnostics. The difference here is, I KNOW I did nothing wrong. You're coming in here with assumptions acting like a Mr. Know it all. You read a post saying I was descending, LOL I said that in the first post. HEY GUYS, HE SAID HE WAS DESCENDING IT MUST OF BEEN VORTEX EFFECT. So Mr drone master, what if I was sitting still or ascending. What's your educated guess for that scenario? "If the prop was loose it would probably shoot out during take off". So all things happen at take off? Nothing can possible come loose or off during flight? For you to point at physics every post you sure seem under-educated. So PLEASE, lay off my post unless you were one of those people sitting at Sonic who seen it in person. Which they were all teenage kids so maybe you did see it happen.
2016-5-15
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

ISA AYDIN Posted at 2016-5-15 20:30
I see that you switched to Atti mode, which is also doubling the risk of vortex. As all programs are ...

I never touched any controls, it automatically did that. Take your assumptions to another post. You're obviously a toxic person who wants to push your doubtful thoughts onto others. Here I'll make you happy. IF the experts at DJI conclude it's my fault, guess what...I'll pay for a repair.
2016-5-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hate to say it, that is a total loss. Maybe you hit something like a power line on the way down?
2016-5-15
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

rodger Posted at 2016-5-15 20:41
Hate to say it, that is a total loss. Maybe you hit something like a power line on the way down?

There was power lines on every side but I was coming down in the middle of the street, no lines there.
2016-5-15
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your wrong started with your altitude and not obeying laws!  So ask FAA maybe you hit smth there. And because of undereducated people like you, who dont read even manuals before take off, all other pilots have all these restrictions. Good luck with DJI support
2016-5-15
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2016-5-15 20:37
Spotter probably wouldn't have seen any prop issues as he says he was flying at night...

Hey, can't tell him anything. My GF probably should of had night vision, plastic seeking goggles on if it were his way. He seems to be mad that he couldn't put a damper on my day.
2016-5-15
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

ISA AYDIN Posted at 2016-5-15 20:45
Your wrong started with your altitude and not obeying laws!  So ask FAA maybe you hit smth there. An ...

THANKS, I'll let you know the ending results
2016-5-15
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2016-5-15 21:37
Spotter probably wouldn't have seen any prop issues as he says he was flying at night...

So ask him who allowed him to fly at night time and at prohibited altitude. These kind of people create all problems with growing restrictions everyday!
2016-5-15
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

ISA AYDIN Posted at 2016-5-15 20:48
So ask him who allowed him to fly at night time and at prohibited altitude. These kind of people c ...

Simple answer, no one did. Go ask Casey Neistat who allowed him to fly and film over the heads of pedestrians each day and flying in NO fly zones puting ALL of them at a risk. You're proving nothing here and as said your negativity is effecting me in no way. So your goal here is a failure. I see a video on your YouTube of you flying over a busy interstate, what if you lost control and the drone fell and hit someones car? Maybe went through their windshield causing a wreck and possibly a massive pile up. EVEN another video flying over people by what looks to be a Church. Don't make a FOOL of yourself, it's THESE kind of people blah blah blah.   Also considering you do most of your videos in NYC and such according to your insta. I'm like to ASSUME you fly in a no fly zone a time or two. Who did you get permission from? You also fly over busy interstates  a lotttt huh. Don't be a know it all hypocite, those are the worse. Just let it go, and let me be the one to inform you. You DON'T know it all, and I will prove so.
TO EVERYONE ELSE, this obviously wasn't intended to be a flame thread. So back to supporting opinions and such, thanks for all input and help! I will post back tomorrow on what is said.
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash,ZFarmer. I'd suggest you to contact our North American service center for diagnosis as well as data analysis.We will look into you case. 捕获.JPG
2016-5-15
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-16 10:20
Sorry for your crash,ZFarmer. I'd suggest you to contact our North American service center for diagn ...

Thank you! I will be contacting them first thing in the morning when I get off work!
2016-5-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-5-15 21:43
There was power lines on every side but I was coming down in the middle of the street, no lines th ...

Just wondering if you clipped on on the way in.
2016-5-16
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-5-15 21:50
Simple answer, no one did. Go ask Casey Neistat who allowed him to fly and film over the heads of p ...

Learn flying first newbie, then prove me smth )))
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-5-16 09:00
I'll give it a shot, quickest would be the best.Says offline, probably won't be in until tomorrow m ...

I'm sorry for your loss. We're you able to get a RMA from the North American Facility? If you haven't, could you happen to provide the ticket number from your initial email and I can look into it for you?
2016-5-20
Use props
ZFarmer
lvl.1

United States

Just to get a follow up on this case, the fix is free of charge. So this was more than likely due to the prop mount coming off mid flight.
I've had very great response times from DJI, and they've been quick at assessing my Phantom and reporting back to me! Awesome work.
2016-5-28
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Similar happened to mind yesterday, all props were still attached.

I initiated RTH after loosing signal, it flew back to the home point and rather then descending it just dropped out of the sky from 203M up.

I have emailed DJI.
2016-5-30
Use props
panaser
New

South Africa

ZFarmer Posted at 2016-5-15 18:40
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... 6ed&page_id=GENERAL
Assuming I did this right, here. I have no  ...

hi we had the same problem as you  this weekend, could u please send me and email of what dji said and what was the end result if possible please at Panaser@mweb.co.za
2016-9-4
Use props
panaser
New

South Africa

hi we had the exact sam problem as you this weekend . could you please send me a email of what was the end result with dji if possible at panaser@mewb.co.za
2016-9-4
Use props
panaser
New

South Africa

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-15 17:37
Sorry to hear that hitmarkerogytlo. That sounds like a very strange situation. Is there anyway you c ...

hi we had the same problem as  hitmarkerogytlo this weekend , could you please look at the flight record for me https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... _id=GENERALOverview
(https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... _id=GENERALOverview this is when it hit the ground)
2016-9-4
Use props
fansf6cdc742
lvl.1

United States

I was flying a p4 pro + at about 85 feet. Taking sunset pics. It literally fell out of the sky. Ive had it for 3 months and have at least 50 flights with no issues. Also have flown 5000 feet out over water. All legs and camera broken, but it still flies. Amazing. Sending in tomorrow
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules