Can't control P4 during Follow Me
732 5 2016-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drdoubleb
lvl.3

On my Phantom 3 in Follow Me mode, I could use the controller to tune the position in the middle of Following. With the P4, all I can do is very very slowly adjust the altitude, but nothing else. Not sure if this is a problem with the P4 or a firmware update, but it's pretty annoying. It seems to work ok in ActiveTrack, where you can still orbit the subject.
2016-6-3
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I've noticed the same thing, ever since they updated DJI Go to support Follow Me for Android. Yea, it made Follow Me initiate, but it does not work as it's supposed to. You cannot control the drone in any way besides altitude. I don't know if this is supposed to work this way, but it is basically useless, and I have stopped using it. Sucks, because ActiveTrack is only good from a certain height, distance away, and in certain light. It does not work every time. Follow Me should. DJI has been told this in several other threads a few weeks ago, and no response, to them Follow Me is now fixed. Good Luck.
2016-6-4
Use props
desta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 948858 ft
United States

I tried it as well after updating the firmware and it tried to fly away but luckily i was able to go higher so it went over the house then i hit the stop button on the screen and had full control again but it was a bit nerve-wracking

2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I will test this out tomorrow and let you know how my P4 does.
2016-6-4
Use props
drdoubleb
lvl.3

Sounds like a Microsoft-style upgrade that breaks everything...

DJI-Ken, any chance to try it? Can we please get a firmware update that fixes Follow Me?
2016-6-5
Use props
drdoubleb
lvl.3
United States

desta@usledsupp Posted at 2016-6-4 22:05
I tried it as well after updating the firmware and it tried to fly away but luckily i was able to go ...

Actually now that you mention it, the last time I used it on my P3 it worked for a while then randomly flew a couple hundred feet away, turned to face the other direction, and then my controls were reversed. I had to switch to Atti to fly it back.

C'mon DJI... 3DR Solo's Follow works beautifully (but I want the size and battery life of the P4).
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules