NEW FIRMWARE v1.9.1.10 ISSUES warning!!!
28650 330 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-7-8 06:59
Hi Rich,

Mine gave a reading in Red 0.1M (but not in Red -0.1M). When I set my DJI GO App to repo ...

Dear Henry,

Great explanation and thank you for taking the time with this question. I understand now and guess I was trying to find the reason why my Inspire would starting sinking while in a steady hover.  While flying over the river I was nervous and did not want to take my eyes off the Inspire (normally I would look at the iPad to frame the shot).  So I have the link to yesterdays flight on the new FW (quick edit)

Thanks man!!
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 9-92fb-63f090fdbe70

Rich
2016-7-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 2016-7-7 22:42
Hmmm... I've updated to 1.9.1.30 successfully, and I get:

Normal (latest firmware)

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your advice. I received email from DJI R&D staff confirmed that they will correct the release notes of I1 Pro & I1 Raw, and now I notice from the download page that both release notes have been corrected.

Thank for your time verifying it.

Henry
2016-7-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-9 00:12
Dear Henry,

Great explanation and thank you for taking the time with this question. I understand  ...

Hi Rich,

I like the landing pad at the end of the video

You mentioned on 1 July you encountered uncommanded sinking when hovering at about 10 FT. Please note that according the I1 Pro specifications the operating range of the VPS is only up to 9.84 FT. It appears to me that the uncommanded sinking when hovering was not relating to the VPS, but relating to other factor(s).

Have you done your compass dance in an interference-free environment?
Was it a calm day when you encounter this?

Please also note that barometer readings alone are not so precise. The hovering accuracy with GPS signals alone is also not so precise. The Flight Controller in the aircraft needs to gather all such data from sensors of GPS, barometers, IMU, compass, VPS (if applicable), & from stick commands (not in your case) to determine the controlling signals to the 4 ESCs for the aircraft to hover. It is a complicate process. If any one of the sensor data changed (e.g. change in air pressure due to gust of wind), the aircraft altitude can change during hovering.

Keep watching out, and happy flying!

Henry
2016-7-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-7-8 16:54
Hi Rich,

I like the landing pad at the end of the video

Hi Henry,
Yes, this is good information and understand the aircraft is relying on many things to hold position. I have calibrated the compass onsite before flying. The IMU was calibrated in a controlled environment before leaving. Yes, there is wind around the river and on the shore. (not calm) As long as I have been flying, this seems to be a problem that has not be noticed before. I will watch this more carefully and enjoy flying as much as I can.  
PS the landing pad is made by HoodMan and this is the 3 foot pad!! Just big enough for the Inspire 1. They also have the 5 foot version ($130).... I think it is very nice to have when flying in areas in the mountains and rivers. Most likely will use this at the coast (beach) to keep it out of the sand.
http://hoodmanusa.com/cgi/commer ... ction&key=HDLP3

Rich

2016-7-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-9 08:05
Hi Henry,
Yes, this is good information and understand the aircraft is relying on many things to h ...

Dear Rich,

Yes, the landing pad will also help keeping the long grass away from the props. In this time of the year it is getting harder and harder to find suitable spot for me to land in the grassland where I fly, they are growing tremendously fast.

Henry
2016-7-8
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-7-9 01:15
Hi Rob,

Thank you for your advice. I received email from DJI R&D staff confirmed that they will c ...

No problem! Glad you found it so DJI can correct
2016-7-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-9 01:05
Hi Henry,
Yes, this is good information and understand the aircraft is relying on many things to h ...

I wouldn't use a landing pad made out of carpet or material or anything flimsy.  I seen a UAV once come down and about 5 inches off the ground the piece of carpet they were using simply lifted up and wrapped itself over one of the engines causing the UAV to thrash around on the ground smashing it itself to pieces.

If you using an landing Pad and I do virtually every flight use a piece of rigid board such as plywood or MDF.

2016-8-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2016-8-28 02:35
I wouldn't use a landing pad made out of carpet or material or anything flimsy.  I seen a UAV once ...

Hi GB
This landing pad has a heavy steel cable that goes all the way around the circumference (about 5lbs). There is no way that the prop blast would flip this up.  It was very nicely designed for this propose.

I have had no problems at all with mine.

Rich  
2016-8-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-8-28 17:31
Hi GB
This landing pad has a heavy steel cable that goes all the way around the circumference (abo ...

Rich,

Im please that you have not had any issues.  I only raised this as it looked like the material inside of the rim was flimsy and not rigid.  

I wish I could find the original Youtube video of the guy who used a piece of heavy carpet.   
2016-8-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2016-8-31 06:15
Rich,

Im please that you have not had any issues.  I only raised this as it looked like the mater ...

GB, Understood and no problem.

These Landing pads are not cheap by any means. I am using the 3 foot landing pad and the cable used is 5 lbs. The 5 foot landing pad is 11lbs and the 12 foot pad is 36lbs. So no worries about these blowing around from the prop wash.

Rich
2016-8-31
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-8-31 16:03
GB, Understood and no problem.

These Landing pads are not cheap by any means. I am using the 3 f ...

Rich,

I just use a piece of MDF rigid board 900mm diameter, with a 25mm hole in the centre which makes it easier to carry and transport.  No problems and works a treat, at least you can always ensure you have a level landing area where the camera and payload won get damaged by uneven ground etc.  Essential piece of kit in my opinion unless you are willing to take a chance on finding a suitable landing and take-off location.

2016-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules