Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Report on NEW FW :

1) The altitude drop is 95% fixed.  Not sure on 5%, could be the wind etc..
2) I got all green once on my camera view.  Reboot and its gone
3) One time LH Stick down, very slow on moving down.  Reboot the bird and gone

Overall, DJI fixed this altitude drop !  Thanks
2016-7-17
Use props
bmdsurvdeh
New

United States

After upgrading to 1.2.503 not being prompter to update spare battery firmware
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bmdsurvdeh Posted at 2016-7-18 22:23
After upgrading to 1.2.503 not being prompter to update spare battery firmware

There is no battery update. if the app does not ask for an update when you install another battery then there is no update.
Here is the release notes.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20160712.pdf
2016-7-18
Use props
mannarchitect
lvl.1

Interesting on the iPad getting hot. It felt very hot when I dismantled everything after my fly time yesterday. I'll check that out next time. Thanks!
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mannarchitect Posted at 2016-7-19 00:09
Interesting on the iPad getting hot. It felt very hot when I dismantled everything after my fly time ...

Your device will get hot. In the summertime when in AZ, I cannot go 15 minutes without the iPad2 shutting down.
I then bought Frogg-Toggs cooling towel and cut a piece the size of the iPad and stuck it on and it didn't overheat anymore.
https://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Tog ... oling/dp/B0049RPBWW
2016-7-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

After update my camera keeps bouncing up and down after unit is powered on, several reboots fixed problem but next day problems start again, any ideas?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-19 05:47
After update my camera keeps bouncing up and down after unit is powered on, several reboots fixed pr ...

Any video clip of this issue will be appreciated. Try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal before record a video of this.
2016-7-18
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-18 19:24
Any video clip of this issue will be appreciated. Try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal before recor ...

Loaded firmware last night new out of the box p4  will test today thanks for the info

2016-7-19
Use props
Arpin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4506073 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I have a problem with my phantom 4 , it always show not correct altitude in dji go, for example my drone fly  at 7 meter but in dji go it always show more than that such as 20 meter, anyone know what is happening with this issue
2016-7-19
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

What's the current app version? I keep getting an error on my screen that my peripherals don't match and when I hit update, once it succeeds I get a battery sensor error and can't fly. Just upgraded yesterday.
2016-7-19
Use props
qcplab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764423 ft
Ukraine

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-7-20 06:57
What's the current app version? I keep getting an error on my screen that my peripherals don't match ...

I have the same issue that Sky Mike and Arpin have, with baromitric sensor went mad, after the last update! It was mostly fine, only minor yaw yaw before that on previous firmware.

Palladin, please advise me, if I want to downgrade to the previous version, how do I do this?

2016-7-19
Use props
qcplab
lvl.1
Ukraine

What's the current app version? I keep getting an error on my screen that my peripherals don't match ...

I have the same issue that Sky Mike and Arpin have, with baromitric sensor went mad, after the last update! It was mostly fine, only minor yaw yaw before that on previous firmware.

Palladin, please advise me, if I want to downgrade to the previous version, how do I do this?

2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

IOS:2.8.4;Android:2.8.2
2016-7-19
Use props
kaitlyn.mclachl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70843 ft
Canada

Since updating android app on my nexus 7 AND firmware update, I've been feeling like the video feed is less reliable. It doesn't cut out, but will freeze for up to 5 seconds somewhat regularly. This was in 2 different locations, the drone was really quite close to me, and it was responding immediately to movement - so seemingly only video is the issue?

Any idea why this freezing of the video feed? Does anyone else have it?
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Arpin Posted at 2016-7-20 05:41
I have a problem with my phantom 4 , it always show not correct altitude in dji go, for example my d ...

Hello Arpin,
1.Do you install any 3rd-party gimbal guard under the VPS? If yes, please remove it.
2.Try to calibrate IMU and the sensing system
3.Does the same issue happen when the drone's altitude is 5 or 6 meters above the hard floor (Do not test it above something like grass or carpet which can absorb the ultrasound)
4.Does the same issue happen when the drone's altitude is above 15 meters?
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

kaitlyn.mclachl Posted at 2016-7-20 09:48
Since updating android app on my nexus 7 AND firmware update, I've been feeling like the video feed  ...

Have you tried to reinstall the app to the latest? Does the same issue happen with other devices in the area free of interference (which you can see in the image transmission page by touching the HD icon)
2016-7-19
Use props
iNzONe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108868 ft
Hong Kong

How to calibrate the camera ?
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

iNzONe Posted at 2016-7-20 12:49
How to calibrate the camera ?

Here is a video tutorial of the gimbal calibration.But the camera cannot be calibrated
2016-7-19
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

New phantom seems ok! But still altitude is all over said I was 3 foot off the floor but I was about 30ish feet, I have done everything imu, sensors,compass etc, so the reliability of the altitude sucks, big time. Also my horizon is skewiff, all again since latest fw

Seems like some drones never suffered with altitude camera issues some did the ones who updated have infact broken there drone to how the ones who state there's was fixed now, but where here reporting a issue that wasn't there before hand now is
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-7-20 21:36
New phantom seems ok! But still altitude is all over said I was 3 foot off the floor but I was about ...

Can you please post a video of this 30ft offset and the gimbal tilt.
2016-7-20
Use props
MorrisClarke
New

Australia

Strangly - later took the craft out and all seemed OK?

I've just updated the firmware both on the P4 and the remote controller (controller reported and Update required)

Now on first powering up - with fully charged batteries I'm immediately getting a "Critically low battery" message - even with +99%.
Done the "mandatory" power downs & reboots etc.

Has anyone else experienced this??
Any suggestions?
Thanks

2016-7-20
Use props
qcplab
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hi,

as DJI Tech support suggested, I refreshed the firmware from the PC DJI Assistant 2 software, and then calibrated IMU, and then compass.

Everything went flawlessly.

Then i calibrated IMU on flat level desk bla bla, it worked without reporting error. Maybe to mention, i calibrated IMU from tablet since PC, when calibration is initiated wants to calibrate visual sensors and i have no capacity for that yet. On tablet, on the other hand, it provides me selective sensor calibration. So I skipped visual sensors calibration.

Then i went out, far from iron bla bla bla and calibrated compass.

I took her off. Simple vertical wrooooooommmm upwards and watched the instrumental status. It said 25m, then i looked up, it seemed higher (how can one tell), then i look at tablet and it was 35 meters. Not touching joysticks!

Then it started to descend. But reaaaaly rapidly as if i was commanding a fast descend. I let for few seconds but then used the command UP to stop it since i was afraid it would crash!

Thanks God it didnt disobey the commands and i stopped the descend. So.....i brought her down to only few meters above ground and observed what sensors say and what the reality was. Sonic sensor is definitely way more accurate, maybe even absolutely accurate.

Barometric one however is full of crap. It looks like it generates some number from parallel universe, black hole, whatever. In short, when i have it at 4 meters, sonic shows good, but barometric will show 20 meters! I bring it to one meter, sonic is fine, barometric shows 3 meters etc. Sonthis is not even simple offset!

I landed with accurate sonic altitude, but at the moment of landing the nimber on barometric sensor was 2m. Other times I landed with negative altitude!

When it switched off motors it jumped to zero like a step.

I looked the telemetry in flight log. Interesting thing was that fast descending. Unfortunately i cant see sonic sensor data there but even without it, you can see 35m altitude *unchanged* all the time, while vertical speed is constantly 1.6m/s. Clearly the sensor is not sensing the change in altitude.

And all this crap started after my update to the latest firmware!
How do I roll back to the previous firmware?
2016-7-20
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 07:29
The update is for the aircraft only.

All good Ken with test flight after update this being a new p4
Sport mode is amazing very fast
Very impressed
To be honest for convenience the p4  is a nice change from the x5 pro
You product is great no complaints.......
Until I have a fly away of course
Happy flights
Steve
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

qcplab Posted at 2016-7-21 05:33
Hi,

as DJI Tech support suggested, I refreshed the firmware from the PC DJI Assistant 2 software,  ...

You can use the DJI Assistant 2 to downgrade the firmware.
2016-7-20
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-18 19:01
Your device will get hot. In the summertime when in AZ, I cannot go 15 minutes without the iPad2 s ...

My problem was the iPad shutting down from cold this winter. There are plenty of coolers out there but not a single warmer. Trick was running some of those heat generating apps in the background
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Swedrone Posted at 2016-7-21 10:54
My problem was the iPad shutting down from cold this winter. There are plenty of coolers out there ...

Wow, I wish I had that issue. it has to be better than trying to fly in 120f temps.
2016-7-20
Use props
qcplab
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-21 10:01
You can use the DJI Assistant 2 to downgrade the firmware.

Sorry I did not see the option to downgrade the firmware, can you please be so kind and advise me, where in the DJI Assistant 2 (PC version) this option is and how do I enable it?

I see only upgrade and refresh options. Is there any update from file option? If yes, where can I download the binary for the downgrade?

Thank you!
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

qcplab Posted at 2016-7-21 18:03
Sorry I did not see the option to downgrade the firmware, can you please be so kind and advise me, ...

Just select the version that you want to downgrade and click "refresh"
2016-7-21
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

says im at 16 ft
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nio28lpth6l30ic/dji-alti.jpg?dl=0
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-7-21 21:54
says im at 16 ft
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nio28lpth6l30ic/dji-alti.jpg?dl=0

it looks fine to me, you took off from the boardwalk and the beach slopes down.
You are 16ft above your takeoff point.
2016-7-21
Use props
martin.mstrom
New

Sweden

Hi can anyone link to the firmware .bin file so I can try to update it thru the sd card. Mine failed when I tried to update it with DJI assistant and now its only beeping I have contacted support and they said to get the .bin file and put it on the sd card and they gave me this link http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#downloads
But I cant see any firmware there.
2016-7-21
Use props
qcplab
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-21 18:06
Just select the version that you want to downgrade and click "refresh"

okay, I see.

The option for "Factory Reset" is also there?
2016-7-21
Use props
qcplab
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-20 10:14
Hello Arpin,
1.Do you install any 3rd-party gimbal guard under the VPS? If yes, please remove it.

I am answering to the question, because it seems I have the same issue.

It manifests itself over 15 meters. Example- I take off rapidly to 35 meters (according thebarometric  alt meter), and release sticks. The craft may now slowly ascend or descend! If I stop ascending manually, the resulting altitud becomes negative, if I stop descending, it becomes like 10 meters higher than it is, t.ex.: ultrasonic sonar shos 1.5 meters, altmeter shows 15 meters is quite usual situation.
2016-7-21
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-21 15:25
it looks fine to me, you took off from the boardwalk and the beach slopes down.
You are 16ft above ...

ill do a flat start as have done and stay level says im higher than i actually am and when i land im - /minus in feet from where it took off from
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-7-21 22:59
ill do a flat start as have done and stay level says im higher than i actually am and when i land  ...

That's good. go to a park or something like that and then do some aptitude tests.
Also it wouldn't hurt to do all the calibrations as well.
2016-7-21
Use props
radioflyerrick
New

Got the new firmware update just fine, but now I can not see any picture on my galaxy note 4, and I am having major connectivity issues with my iPhone 6s Plus? also after update my Phantom 4 does not have a sport mode any longer? is anyone else having this issue?
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

radioflyerrick Posted at 2016-7-22 06:41
Got the new firmware update just fine, but now I can not see any picture on my galaxy note 4, and I  ...

After the updating, all the MC settings will be set to default. So if you want to use the sport mode, please enable multiple flight modes in MC settings before flight. As for your Note 4, please make sure USB debugging mode and MTP mode are enabled. Try with different cables or reinstall the DJI Go app if necessary.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

qcplab Posted at 2016-7-21 22:42
okay, I see.

The option for "Factory Reset" is also there?

This option is for resetting the MC settings.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

qcplab Posted at 2016-7-21 22:48
I am answering to the question, because it seems I have the same issue.

It manifests itself over  ...

Seems strange.Does the issue come up every time with this operation? A video of recording this issue on the screen would be helpful.
2016-7-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

kaitlyn.mclachl Posted at 2016-7-19 21:48
Since updating android app on my nexus 7 AND firmware update, I've been feeling like the video feed  ...

With every update, older devices  become more and more obsolete. A newer device will solve the video lag or you could use a third party app to control your quad, litchi works great on older devices.
2016-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules