Wallace Monument, Stirling
1104 10 2016-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

The tower was constructed following a fundraising campaign, which accompanied a resurgence of Scottish national identity in the 19th century. In addition to public subscription, it was partially funded by contributions from a number of foreign donors, including Italiannational leader Giuseppe Garibaldi. Completed in 1869 to the designs of architect John Thomas Rochead at a cost of £18,000,[2] the monument is a 67-metre (220 ft) sandstone tower, built in the Victorian Gothic style.
The tower stands on the Abbey Craig, a volcanic crag above Cambuskenneth Abbey, from which Wallace was said to have watched the gathering of the army of King Edward I of England, just before the Battle of Stirling Bridge in 1297. The monument is open to the general public. Visitors climb the 246 step spiral staircase to the viewing gallery inside the monument's crown, which provides expansive views of the Ochil Hills and the Forth Valley.
A number of artifacts believed to have belonged to Wallace are on display inside the monument, including the Wallace Sword, a 1.63-metre (5 ft, 4 in) long sword weighing almost three kilograms.[3] Inside is also a Hall of Heroes, a series of busts of famous Scots, effectively a small national Hall of Fame

2016-7-31
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin i never noticed any jello on this flight the winds were 6mph buddy so the new dampers have done the trick on a side note i am on holiday this week and the strong winds in the north have died down allowing me to get
back up to caithness again there are sightings of orcas, humpbacks, & minky whales heading north to for the season
iv also been given a good loctaion for dolphins so fingers crossed i manage to film some sea life
DJI_0767.jpg
DJI_0775.jpg
DJI_0780.jpg
DJI_0782.jpg
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, thanks for sharing.  The first photo on 2# is a bit under exposed I think
2016-7-31
Use props
Silvaplana
lvl.3

Germany

Anew, you hit the mark. Camera settings are quite perfect, you reached its upper limit. With a pilot like you, the drone cries for an hardware update (attention dji!). Splendid views en detail and far away ...

... But some of your links lead me to sites where I get serious goose bumps. Especially concerning the fate of Wallace.
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That really is some stunning architecture, thank you for sharing. You should put this on SkyPixel as well.
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good video. Thanks for your sharing.
2016-7-31
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-31 10:55
Hi, thanks for sharing.  The first photo on 2# is a bit under exposed I think

hi DJI-H.C yeh it was a bit dark because it was early in the morning buddy
I thought I could of timed it right I might need to re-do that one
2016-8-11
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Silvaplana Posted at 2016-7-31 19:40
Anew, you hit the mark. Camera settings are quite perfect, you reached its upper limit. With a pilot ...

hi Silvaplana yeh it wasent a bad flight but could of been a bit brighter
sorry for the wrong reply buddy I uploaded & went on holiday with
a rubbish to no signal lol
2016-8-11
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-31 21:52
That really is some stunning architecture, thank you for sharing. You should put this on SkyPixel as ...

thanks DJI-Jamie
2016-8-11
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-1 07:51
Good video. Thanks for your sharing.

thanks DJI-Paladin
2016-8-11
Use props