How would you rate your DJI Phantom 3 experience?
1234Next >
6545 125 2016-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

S6XR9OXS8NAX Posted at 2016-9-30 12:01
the P3P and the DJI service is horrible - please check my post here before considering it: http://fo ...

Already read it, it's quite sad that one of some experiences this.. I myself have never had to contact support for technical issues, but for each update of this post, i dont look forward to it :/
2016-9-30
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd rate mine pretty good,  with a minor issue with horizon tilt but over all great
2016-9-30
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Well as someone with a Samsung S7 phone, and on the sharp end of DJI's attitude of "it ain't our problem" my estimation of the company is now nose-diving again.

If I can't use my Samsung phone with the Mavic then I'd rather go for the Karma or the new Snap drone. I will NOT be bullied into buying Apple products.
2016-10-1
Use props
r.powell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-25 10:08
Everyone who pre-ordered only got one battery and when ordering DJI even stated that the extra bat ...

I went with a P3A just for the Lightbridge feature & so glad I did, amazing range, & in ATT mode the thing is a riot to fly. Luckily, I;ve had no issues at all with my Phantom, & I fly everyday.
I was just reading a very comprehensive review of the Mavic over at Phantom pilots & the features are astounding, I'd like to think that a P-5 if there is one coming, would include all the Mavic options too.
The only negatives I can see involve all the rules & regulations popping up as UAV;s get into the hands of people who don't seem to care where or how they fly.
I.E.- A kid with the Karma riding a motorcycle through a very busy street, downtown, occasionally looking over his shoulder to see if the Karma is still following him!
2016-10-1
Use props
ekcook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 553914 ft

I had a DJI knockoff that gave up after 5 days.  Sent it back and as soon as the refund hit the bank I did what I should have done in the first place, ordered a P3A.  Very happy so far, still learning and exploring but as of right now I have no reason not to promote and continue to be a DJI customer.
2016-10-1
Use props
hurring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

I have had my P3S for a couple of weeks and have 2hrs flight time.  So far I am finding it very easy and enjoyable to fly.  I find I take my time to get set up and pay attention to my surrounds and have a lots of short enjoyable flights.  Will start to get more adventurous soon and do bigger and longer flights.
Would highly recommend these for beginers, follow instructions and you should be fine.
cheers
Adrian
2016-10-2
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

dacofty Posted at 2016-10-1 01:26
I'd rate mine pretty good,  with a minor issue with horizon tilt but over all great

Here as well!
2016-10-2
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-1 18:08
Well as someone with a Samsung S7 phone, and on the sharp end of DJI's attitude of "it ain't our pro ...

U cant use your S7 at all?
2016-10-2
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

r.powell@rogers Posted at 2016-10-1 20:18
I went with a P3A just for the Lightbridge feature & so glad I did, amazing range, & in ATT mode t ...

I dont think DJI is done with the Phantom platform yet, at least dont hope so. But then again they put lots of weight on carryability( if thats even a word). The phantom will always be bulky, but imo no problem really. As for the rules coming up, i really hope they come. I have a license for the lightest class which doesnt include the Inspire, but dont have the need to either, as they are getting smaller and lighter. There should be a module course for every buyer really...
2016-10-2
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Mariuss Posted at 2016-10-3 15:17
U cant use your S7 at all?

I actually have no problem at the moment, but others with the S7 do, and doubtless once my phone forces me to "update" it will crap the bed.
2016-10-3
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-3 15:23
I actually have no problem at the moment, but others with the S7 do, and doubtless once my phone f ...

Hate crapping the bed... Staying away from updates is key!
2016-10-4
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Mariuss Posted at 2016-10-4 22:21
Hate crapping the bed... Staying away from updates is key!

Well, bad news I'm afraid.

Quick test flight today, within seconds of turning the drone on, "Galaxy S7" and my phone rebooted.

After rebooting I was able to fly around for a bit but have no trust in it now and put it back in the car.

Impression of using DJI products? Could be huge fun, has been at times, but riddled with problems and poor support.

So, GoPro Karma? Upcoming Snap drone? Wait to see what else comes up? My new S7 is on a 2 year contract and DJI don't seem to be doing anything to fix this issue. Apparently DJI losing customers isn't DJI's problem.

Fun hobby while it lasted, I guess?
2016-10-4
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-5 09:28

Quick test flight today, within seconds of turning the drone on, "Gal ...

Thats really sad, i've had tons of fun so far (bare in mind next to none problems). I have the Xperia Z3 (3-4 yrs old) and no problem. Do you know of anyone who flies on the S6 or older?
2016-10-5
Use props
vuzfrKtLUZZP
lvl.2

United States

I have flown the Phantom 2 and the Phantom 3 and now I am flying the Phantom 4. I love all of them but each newer model is better then the last. I would buy a Phantom 2 or 3 as a practice drone for a beginner (your crash drone) and save the Phantom 4 to use for your business to make money.  I can contest to the build quality of the Phantom 3 from my experience of miss judging the tallest tree that was in the orbit path when the drone was in Orbit mode. It was flying at 130 feet above the ground and caught a tree limb tumbled down the tree and landed upside down on wet soft dirt. The drone did lose connection with the DJI go app but the app still had the last image before the connection was lost. I wish I could have gone to the satellite map view to see where the flight path had ended / lost connection but within 15 minutes with three of us we were able to find the drone. The drone reconnected with the DJI go app when  I was within 10 feet of the drone. The drone was still on when we found it and there was no damage not even to the props.
2016-10-5
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Mariuss Posted at 2016-10-5 21:35
Thats really sad, i've had tons of fun so far (bare in mind next to none problems). I have the Xpe ...

I used to use an S6, nearly lost my P3 when the screen kept going dark (overheating) and a RTH was headed off in the wrong direction. I couldn't see the screen properly to cancel the RTH, so upgraded to the S7...

(I did, just about, manage to save my Phantom, but I can't fly it now anyway)

2016-10-5
Use props
mmack
lvl.1

Australia

mmack Posted at 2016-9-25 16:04
Very poor experience. I recently bought my second P3 Std and I lose video when the drone gets higher ...

Further to this post, I was  was told that DJI would provide support for my P3 in Australia but has reneged on that promise. What use is a drone that loses video at 20 metres. This is no an isolated case an I have read many cases where this has happened. Clearly the P3 has as a problem.  In the interests of customer satisfaction I can't understand why I can't get me drone fixed in Australia. It should not matter where you buy it as it is produced in the same place.

What a waste of money! If DJI don't fix my P3in Australia you have made an enemy and I will take this to social media
2016-10-7
Use props
SpIrCRxKrdw0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-5 09:28

Quick test flight today, within seconds of turning the drone on, "Gal ...

S7 Edge working here with the latest update
2016-10-7
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

SpIrCRxKrdw0 Posted at 2016-10-7 20:54
S7 Edge working here with the latest update

Would you be a sweetie and go out and fly, and fly, and fly some more, to put to rest the minds of myself and many other S7 owners?

I flew today but using my wife's old Tab 4. The thing is a dinosaur, with a dim screen and more laggy than a pile of loft insulation... But it was enough to convince the new owner and get the river survey done, so Fanny, my beloved P3S, is sold!

$$$

So apart from nerves about teething troubles with the new design, the only thing stopping me ordering a Mavic is concern it won't work with my new S7...

:0/
2016-10-7
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

mmack Posted at 2016-10-7 20:12
Further to this post, I was  was told that DJI would provide support for my P3 in Australia but ha ...

"..has reneged on that promise"

In what way?

I mean, did they say "Nah, we've changed our minds" or what? What happened exactly?
2016-10-7
Use props
mmack
lvl.1

Australia

I think it is a piece of junk. My P3 loses video at 20 metres. Yeah, that's right. What a disappointment. Also, I bought it from Hong Kong and DJI insists I return it to Hong Kong for repair under warranty. I do that and I bet I will never see it again. I recommend that you don'5 buy DJI products as they don'5 care less about the customer -  just want to make money from shoddy products
2016-10-8
Use props
shakin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 460039 ft
Ireland

im extremely happy with my P3S. i didnt like the unannounced CE distance reduction to 300m rather than the 500m on the product page as i was deciding on purchasing but other than that im happy.
with so much techonology at our fingertips and what the phantom is capable of i can put up with any minor issues,when it works it works good! and i get more good than bad and nothing i cant deal with.  with dbs and papatita i can get over 2km which is more than enough CE. i expect with every tech i buy that i can spend more on upgrades and such to achieve satisfaction for myself which for me is part of the fun.

a company has to abide by the laws of where they trade so they are restricted to what they can offer,the tech might be there but they just arent allowed to apply it.

as for the post above from mmack "shoddy products,dont care less"!  i disagree. ive seen so many positive outcomes from returned drones fixed just on this forum,and dont forget,were few out of thousands and youll always get more unhappy customers posting than satisfied customers. if its the products fault they see it good,if its pilot error then they call it as it is. just look at the reps on here that give advice and look into case numbers for members.  these people to look after us here on this forum and theyve helped many. all they can go on is flight logs and if the info aint there well,what do you expect? bottom line, not charity at the end of the day.

if my bird flies away well so be it,shit happens, things go wrong sometimes! jezus,touch wood!!  (dji ill be on you like a bad rash haha!) BUT!!, if they dont have enough info and cant help,ID STILL BUY ANOTHER
2016-10-8
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

I started with a P2, liked it so much I pre-ordered my P3, lots of flights, every update of firmware, and not one issue (tilted horizon the exception). It has been rock solid all the way. I was a helecopter crew chief in the Army so I do all of my pre-flights, PM (preventive maintenance) and observe the reg's on safety. Never a fly-away, hard landing or crash (missed it by THAT much a few times). I have ordered my mavic and am excited to put it thru it's paces. One piece of advice, RTFM!! and go slow if this is your first bird.
2016-10-8
Use props
dronieee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140049 ft
Malaysia

The P3S is my first drone from DJI. Just purchased it few months ago and I'm currently loving it! However, with all the advancement in drone technology, like the DJI Mavic, I'll certainly look for an upgrade.
2016-10-11
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

dronieee Posted at 2016-10-11 18:15
The P3S is my first drone from DJI. Just purchased it few months ago and I'm currently loving it! Ho ...

Congratulations and happy flying! I'm waiting for the Advanced to drop in price as i don't need anything more than it can offer. I really don't see the big thing with the mavic, only the size which i don't have any problems with on my current 4K. As for the obstacle avoidance, with the price-up it has... nope. Lightbridge is the big thumbs up imho.
2016-10-11
Use props
dronieee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140049 ft
Malaysia

Mariuss Posted at 2016-10-12 14:07
Congratulations and happy flying! I'm waiting for the Advanced to drop in price as i don't need  ...

Thanks! ! I think the Mavic is a little too small as well, however, with all the technology packed inside it, I think its worth the money. The P3A or P4 is a little too bulky in my opinion, it is also a trouble bringing it around.
2016-10-12
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

dronieee Posted at 2016-10-12 17:15
Thanks! ! I think the Mavic is a little too small as well, however, with all the technolo ...

Ocusync and size is the difference between the Mavic and P4?
2016-10-13
Use props
kyapkk
lvl.2
Malaysia

My P3P seem getting a lot's of Transmission error after updated the latest RC firmware and DJI GO App. Previously was flying very smoothly and the Transmission can go up to 300m, but now within 50m also cannot.
Transmission error keep popping up and RTH keep prompting also. Sigh
2016-10-20
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

mfojas430@insit Posted at 2016-8-22 22:35
I sent my P3S out for warranty work last week. I'll wait until I receive it back to answer the poll. ...

I had a bad pilot error crash about two weeks ago with my Pro.  Totally my fault.  I was just being stupid!  I called DJI and asked it I could send it in for evaluation and repair.  They sent me an RMA number and a pre-paid UPS label within the hour.  I immediately (October 11th) sent the Pro to the California repair facility.  I even included a note in the box telling them what I had done.  I just got the Pro back today (10/20/2016) and re-linked the Controller.  It cost me $291.00 for the repair they said it needed.  They listed a few parts that were damaged.  But what I got back was what I think is a brand new drone.  I can not see a usage mark anywhere on this thing.  There were some bad gouges on the underside of the motors, but that is even gone.   So far I am totally impressed!
2016-10-20
Use props
mfojas430
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

djordan2 Posted at 2016-10-20 23:39
I had a bad pilot error crash about two weeks ago with my Pro.  Totally my fault.  I was just being ...

Glad they took care of you. I had another post with an update with what I experienced, which is similar to yours. . Mine was repaired under warranty because of a slight defect on the camera lens, and everything was taken care of. I had the RMA and pre-paid shipping label the same day. I was without my drone for a total of 12 days or something like that. That's from the day I sent it out to the day I got it back.
2016-10-21
Use props
Dompie
lvl.2

Canada

OK  here is my '' particular '' notice on the drone.

I flew almost 500 hours on the drone ans it was 90% awesome most of the time. Learning curve has to get by and I have to learn how to react to the drone's behavior and working methods. That is perfectly understandable.  I did shot wonderfull pictures, under absolutely different situations ranging from hot summer, cold weather, snow slight rain and all that is in between without any mishaps at all. I had a few updates issues but managed to get by by updating the drone at the first occasion and/or when I discovered that the behavior of the drone was not as responsive as it used to be.
NOW THE BAD SIDE:   
their Support is really pitiful and definitely need a revamp. They need to understand that WE the customers are the best representants of their material and if there is only a few experiencing issues with their tech support, the word will spread like a tornado. And to remove these bad comments on the web will become a near impossible task.  That being said, on my experience, the drone decided that he lost info's on the battery and needed to go down on an hostile surrounding. thus breaking a prop and falling down at about 15 feet height.  Ever since the module 08 and 15 are not detected anymore rendering theupdate impossible. Now they ask to send the drone to US, I am from canada and the export documents are absolutely Ludacris to complete. I understand that they will evaluate at NO CHARGE the repairs to be done but in my opinion, the bird SHOULD check the battery (ies ) state before taking off so if there is a version issue, IT SHOULD PREVENT FROM FLYING AT THIS MOMENT, not when airborned.  The flying experience with my P3P was amaizing until this this event. so for this, I would give them a 6 out of 10.
2016-10-21
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

mfojas430@insit Posted at 2016-10-21 23:40
Glad they took care of you. I had another post with an update with what I experienced, which is si ...

Shipped mine back for repair on the 11th, and got it back on the 20th. I'm sure they just replaced the Pro, but for me that is great.  I hit the ground really hard.  There were scratches on the body that I couldn't get rid of.  There were also other scratches in different places that didn't look very good.  I feel like I'm starting all over again with a new Pro.  Only this time I won't be so stupid!
2016-10-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The camera platform of all Phantoms has to be one of the best for hobby grade ... so DJI have that feather.

But when it comes to flight systems and control link-ups ... that's where things start to get a bit awry.

The P3S is a great entry machine - but the range issues for many causes so much trouble.
The P3A and Pro with their better Lightbridge solve most of the problem - but still suffers at times.

Overall as a camera platform though - very hard to beat.

I voted GOOD and would UPGRADE ...

Upgrade ? No not DJI ... I would want to go for a machine that actually performs FPV fully instead of add-on from DJI video link. DJI is not really good at FPV, therefore another brand would be my follow-on.
The P3P of course remaining as my #1 camera platform.

Nigel
2017-8-30
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

i have a p3p. i have had no problems with it.there are things i would like to change,such as props no being safetied.i am working on a method to safety my props.
2017-8-30
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've only owned my P3A for roughly a month after buying it second hand, I and I must say what a amazing piece of kit, not really pushed it and tried out its full potential yet until  I'm more confident, but managed to take some great videos and photos  I've owned a Blade Glimpse and a Hubsan H502s which I sold to fund my P3, so far no problems with updates, stress cracks etc.  My only issue is the price of replacement battery's , I have a spare which after 14 charges is now showing a "Damaged Cell" warning and with no UK support it's just fit for the bin, so a new spare will have to wait, unless I sell one of my Kidneys. Hopefully many more enjoyable flights ahead   
2017-8-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

This is an area that I think DJI ought to start considering.

Removing the Intelligent Battery Design from the next machine.

There are many good LiPo's out there and chargers that will power a revised DJI ... it would be cheaper, easier to build for DJI ... the charger and battery items relegated to same as majority of RC world.

The old excuse of 'Safety' no longer holds water - we have millions of RC models flying around with standard LiPo's  - beginners and experts and all inbetween.

Imagine a P3P that you can plug a standard LiPo into ... all DJI have to do is move part of the Intelligent Board to the AC from the battery ... so you plug in main power and the balance plug of your over counter LiPo ... VIOLA ! You could even use differing capacities ... standard or High Voltage ....
Price of a 4S 5000mAh HV LiPo can be as little as : $50 .... plus you can double up packs ... to have capacity or voltage ...

Nigel
2017-8-31
Use props
fans0d2e5cb4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265735 ft
Slovakia

I have owned 2 phantoms so far and i never flew any of them because there is always some kind of problem.. Getting sick of it, maybe i should try other brands...
2017-8-31
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans0d2e5cb4 Posted at 2017-8-31 13:00
I have owned 2 phantoms so far and i never flew any of them because there is always some kind of problem.. Getting sick of it, maybe i should try other brands...

Maybe you should.   I am so unhappy with my lone P3S I flew to China and went to DJI's flagship store in Shenzen and bought a new Phantom 3 SE.
2017-9-1
Use props
Michel1965
lvl.1
Netherlands

Very bad product. Mine stopped working after a recommended firmware upgrade.Reading all the posts here, this happened to many other phantom 3 owners too. I had 4 extra batteries for the Phantom 3, All is useless since the firmware upgrade, it just stopped flying. Never crashed the drone by the way.
2018-12-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Michel1965 Posted at 12-12 13:44
Very bad product. Mine stopped working after a recommended firmware upgrade.Reading all the posts here, this happened to many other phantom 3 owners too. I had 4 extra batteries for the Phantom 3, All is useless since the firmware upgrade, it just stopped flying. Never crashed the drone by the way.

Tell us more.  What FW did you have and what FW did you move to?  
2018-12-12
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Love my P3A. I have 4 batteries (3 DJI & 1 aftermarket) Everything has performed faultless since new a couple of years ago.
Never updated any firmware....no cracks, I treat it with respect and as a professional product NOT a toy!

Price …. well relatively expensive in Australia but hey, what a great aerial photography platform!
Consider that we previously needed to charter a helicopter for the same shots! Suddenly the cost seems much more reasonable.

My advice: Treat it like you would your most expensive camera and not some aerial hot rod, and it will reward you with many years of reliable and trouble free service.
2018-12-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules