'No Image Transmission' Issue Inspire 1 - Issue is with aircraft
123Next >
10595 92 2016-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Onggia
lvl.1

Just downgraded the aircraft to 1.8 .... same problem...'No Image Signal'...  going back to 1.9 to see what happens next..
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Juanlife Posted at 2016-9-10 20:25
that sounds bad, but that makes sense, I dont have another camera near to me but I could try nex ...

I don't think cleaning the ribbon cables will do it, but can't hurt to try.
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Juanlife Posted at 2016-9-11 01:32
i found this threat from last year with some people having the same problem on modules 8, 5 or both  ...

Yes, unfortunately it happens on a rare occasion on both the Inspire's and Phantom's.
Let us know if another camera works fine.
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Onggia Posted at 2016-9-11 02:08
I have had an Inspire 1 Pro with a Z5 camera since last November.  I am now getting the intermittent ...

Intermittent signal would be totally different than the corrupted video transmission module.
Have you tried different devices and it's still the same on all of them.
2016-9-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Ken- I've written to Ed on PM about this matter and I think it needs further attention and assurance that that attention is being given.

If its isolated people raising this, then its probably not a concern but now, as RichJ53 has pointed out, there are people from all over the world who are commenting. Now, it could be that multiple people are simultaneously having hardware faults but even that should be a source of concern if after less than a year, the Inspire develops such problems.

R & D must make some comment if not directly than through you.

I think you and Mindy have done very well to address some concerns but is enough being done?  Be assured that we motivated by wanting a strong DJI product.

Anyway, my aircraft is now with the service centre and I'll keep people posted on what happens.
2016-9-10
Use props
amcbroom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3350768 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-11 06:25
Ken- I've written to Ed on PM about this matter and I think it needs further attention and assurance ...

I'm having the exact same issues. Original Inspire 1 with the X5R and the X3 cameras. Currently trying a firmware downgrade to 1.8.1.40 and will keep you posted on progress.
UPDATE: Downgrade to 1.8.01.40 seems to have cured the issue after one test flight to 500 metres. No dropouts at any distance.
2016-9-15
Use props
d.deleon949
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940738 ft
  • >>>
United States

same for me, called DJI today and they said that I needed to format my SD card, whats really strange is that I did a test flight this morning with no SD card in it and the image transmission was great, when I added the SD card it came back!
Update: actually just tried it again and that has nothing to do with it as you can see from the screenshots below, the error is there no matter if it has an sd card in or not

error

error

settings

settings

no sd

no sd

2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

d.deleon949 Posted at 2016-9-16 04:14
same for me, called DJI today and they said that I needed to format my SD card, whats really strange ...

To clarify, what OS version are you running on your iOS?
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

amcbroom@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-16 02:07
I'm having the exact same issues. Original Inspire 1 with the X5R and the X3 cameras. Currently try ...

To clarify, what mobile device are you using?
2016-9-15
Use props
larry.pittman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1250 ft
United States

I sent in an Inspire 1 version 1 for some repairs after I let it drift into some trees on a shoot.  On Monday I purchased a version 2 and began to set it up this week. Unfortunately, this unit came with a dead battery, which could have been a small inconvenience since I have six other batteries. But the bigger problem is that I have no image with the same indication that others have posted. I called the DJI support on both issues. To say that I was underwhelmed would be an understatement.  Like a scene from a Dilbert cartoon, the person on the line began telling me about the photos and videos that I needed to make to demonstrate that I had the damn charger plugged into a live plug and could turn the battery on was an insult.  And, as for the no image warning, I was directed to some YouTube videos that clearly nobody in customer service had looked at (except for me before calling) because they offered no, zero, nada, solutions.  Rather, they merely were videos of some guy walking through steps that did not solve the problem. I have heard horror stories about DJI support but I chose to believe that they weren't true. Oh! but they are!.  And why is it that we in the field are receiving products with such high failure rates? I've heard that the dead battery issue is 30%.  My clients like that I use DJI products but with such shabby meaningful support and a lackadasical sense of needing repairs turned around to meet client needs, I'd give DJI a minus 1 on a scale of 0 to ten.
2016-9-15
Use props
d.deleon949
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

iOS9 about to upgrade to 10 today
iPhone 6S+
2016-9-15
Use props
d.deleon949
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

amcbroom@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-15 11:07
I'm having the exact same issues. Original Inspire 1 with the X5R and the X3 cameras. Currently try ...

so this actually worked for you? I may try this today
2016-9-15
Use props
Blue Dot
New

United Kingdom

Hi there, I've had my Inspire 1 V2 less than a week, flew UAV this morning, with nothing untoward, am now getting "no image transmission signal" I've contacted the retailer, but as I'm new to this, any advice would be welcome, thanks, Mike.
2016-9-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Blue Dot Posted at 2016-9-16 08:52
Hi there, I've had my Inspire 1 V2 less than a week, flew UAV this morning, with nothing untoward, a ...

Did you just do an update ?  Do you have a good reliable cable between the RC and the Go 'app device ?   Can you try another device for the 'Go App ?  

Can you record on the SD card ?  Check the basics first.  If none of these help you can re install the last update to the SD card, make sure you get the correct aircraft firmware, load it to the camera like an update, it will only take about 3  minutes to record the data.  Next you want to read the Hidden log ( Link below )  if it says" device not detected" lines of code 0800 and 1500  it  has  a serious problem and must be sent in for repair.

Try to re set the video link , directions are in post #55
http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

Let me know

donnie

2016-9-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Blue Dot Posted at 2016-9-16 08:52
Hi there, I've had my Inspire 1 V2 less than a week, flew UAV this morning, with nothing untoward, a ...

Resetting video on the RC:

For Video problem
refresh the video link
Press the C1 + C2 On back of the RC  + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed firmly  and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.
2016-9-16
Use props
larry.pittman
lvl.1
United States

Dead Battery and No Signal--my retailer was going to overnight an exchange for my newly purchased Inspire 1, version 2 that came out of the box with a dead battery and then no camera signal.  We agreed that they would open one up to make sure that it worked properly before sending it out. They opened four units and found that all four have the same problems. So, they could not send one out today. So, five of five brand new Inspire 1s have dead batteries and no signal. And all,the DJI customer service folks can seem to come up with are questions like, do you have the charger plugged in, is your iPad cord good, or clean off the camera ribbon. This is a very frustrating experience and one  where DJI doesn't seem to be stepping up to the plate and solving the problem.
2016-9-16
Use props
siong220576
New
Flight distance : 91161 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi guys, week ago i just got back my inspire1 pro back from dji for a repair. Seen like what i facing is the same as what you guys face. Video transmission lag and lost. Before the reapir all was working fine i even have fly over 1.5km. Now i can't even get off the ground with lag and lost video feed. I noted there's a firmware change after it come. now its at 1.9.1.30+. I strongly belive its this firmware issue as i have switch over the controller and cam over to my other inspire 1 at early firmware and its working fine.i been trying to downgrade the aircraft firmware but keep failing to do it. Dji staff can you guys work on this issue fast. My other aircraft i not dare to upgrade it firmware as i worry it will have the same issue and it will cause my company operating to stop.
2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

siong220576@gma Posted at 2016-9-17 05:34
Hi guys, week ago i just got back my inspire1 pro back from dji for a repair. Seen like what i facin ...

Did you update the transmitter to  the compatible version with 1.9 on the aircraft , this would be 1.7 or at the very least 1.6.  for the RC Transmitter

Some have had luck disabling the Record feature on the Go app device .  This is located under General settings, simply "Disable " the feature and see if things improve.
Why are you having issues rolling back ?  this is very simple to do , just make sure you are using the proper version of FW, if you have the Inspire 1 you can only use that firmware, you cant use the Pro or Raw, double check this , the version numbers are almost identical so be careful.  

Make sure the SD card is formatted, preferebly Format the SD card on the aircraft and then load the Bin file to it, this is the best way to do it if you are having trouble.  Mac's are notorious for not wiping the SD card of previous data ( Not all cases but enough for me to notice a trend )
If you do rollback the Aircraft to 1.8 you MUST make sure the Rc is on version 1.6.  This is the companion firmware for the system, just keep thjis  in mind.  

donnie

2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

larry.pittman@m Posted at 2016-9-15 17:22
I sent in an Inspire 1 version 1 for some repairs after I let it drift into some trees on a shoot.   ...

Did you get you system to work , are you experiencing NO Video at all ? Looka t my post #54 as well, this may help you diagnose the problem.

donnie
2016-9-17
Use props
larry.pittman
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-17 05:40
Did you get you system to work , are you experiencing NO Video at all ? Looka t my post #54 as well ...

No, it did not connect. And, yes, I tried many things, including using different controllers. The place where I purchased it tried four additional Inspire 1s, brand new out of the box, and all four had the same issues. They each had a dead battery and none of the four would send a video signal.  Seems like DJI sent out a shipment of defective Inspires.
2016-9-17
Use props
siong220576
New
Flight distance : 91161 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Thanks donnie for the detail explanation. Today is weedend will try again on monday as the aircraft is in office.am on a pro/ raw aircraft. Just check with you. X5 and X5R camera on the same aircraft,will it affect the video feed.
2016-9-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-17 20:27
Did you update the transmitter to  the compatible version with 1.9 on the aircraft , this would be  ...

Not true that the RC must be 1.6x. I downgraded from 1.9.01.30+ after some initial difficulty on an upgraded remote and the system still worked. Some aircraft are affected by the 'No Transmission' problem but others are not. This will make it challenging to diagnose the problem.
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-18 10:07
Not true that the RC must be 1.6x. I downgraded from 1.9.1.30+ after some initial difficulty on an ...

It must be a matching Version and the only matches for 1.9 AC  is 1.7 or 1.6 on the RC.   so I am not sure what you are referring to .

donnie
2016-9-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-18 18:03
It must be a matching Version and the only matches for 1.9 AC  is 1.7 or 1.6 on the RC.   so I am  ...

Ah I get you now. For 1.8 / 1.9 Inspire Pro/ Raw firmware, the RC must be at least 1.6. (latest is 1.7.x
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-18 14:35
Ah I get you now. For 1.8 / 1.9 Inspire Pro/ Raw firmware, the RC must be at least 1.6. (latest is ...

Mike the Cat , glad we are on the same page now

All the best

donnie
2016-9-19
Use props
d.deleon949
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here is an interesting point...

I also own a Phantom Advanced. I was using my iPad mini on that advanced version and it has no problems whatsoever. I just flew it yesterday to take some photos and again no problems with transmission or using my 1st gen iPad mini.

If i even attempt to use my 1st gen iPad mini on my inspire, it is super choppy, so bad its really unusable. I have seen posts that say you cannot use a 1st gen iPad mini, but I am really puzzled as to why it works perfectly with a Phantom 3 advanced and it doesn't work at all with the Inspire.
2016-9-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

d.deleon949 Posted at 2016-9-19 13:34

I also own a Phantom Advanced. I was using my iPad mini on that adv ...

I have a P3P and P4 that work perfectly too. The Inspire 1 V2 X3 had the problem until the last Go App update 2.92 and iOS 10.... now it is working better but not perfectly

edit added my FW version screen shot

IMG_0059.PNG

Rich
2016-9-19
Use props
larry.pittman
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-17 05:40
Did you get you system to work , are you experiencing NO Video at all ? Looka t my post #54 as well ...

I reviewed your post. The place where I purchased my new version 2 Inspire 1 found one out of eight that they opened that actually worked.  The tech did NOT upgrade the firmware from what came shipped and he got a video link. He is shipping me that unit overnight.  It is interesting to note on a different matter that all eight that that they opened out of stock plus the one that I brought home out of their stock had dead unrecoverable batteries.  So, I think that the culprit must be that the current firmware has a bug.  Now, I just have to figure out how to get my second controller to downgrade to the same controller firmware for my camera man. Come on, DJI. You have commercial users who have commitments to clients.  Get this stuff figured out and resolved.
2016-9-19
Use props
d.deleon949
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

larry.pittman@m Posted at 2016-9-19 20:39
I reviewed your post. The place where I purchased my new version 2 Inspire 1 found one out of eigh ...

I second that! I have a shoot I am supposed to go to in a week! Please get this fixed!
2016-9-20
Use props
8Fifty Producti
lvl.1
United States

I am also having this problem.
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

d.deleon949 Posted at 2016-9-20 04:34

I also own a Phantom Advanced. I was using my iPad mini on that adv ...

What could be helping with connectivity with your Phantoms is that the camera is smaller and does not need as smuch processing power from the app to translate into a video feed. With older iPads with A6 processors or less, being able to use it with the most current Go app has been a hit or miss.
2016-9-20
Use props
edmund
New

Indonesia

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-8-31 07:31
Hi Mindy
I am sure you have seen the other posts, so I will no duplicate this again on Mikes posti ...

Guys I experienced exactly the same issues while on a remote site in Western Australia as I was about to execute a fly over of a project ....Most embarrassing considering the client had paid for a charter flight to site ...the no video transmission was evident whilst on ground unfortunately I did not have access to an Internet connection to update FW...what I can say is all systems were GO with the exception that the issue appeared to be around not being able to select the Inspire Pro  rather it was defaulting to the Inspire...You force the selection to the Pro but the the no signal was evident  So home that night I updated the FW and after 2 unsuccessful attempt  on the aircraft  the FW completed  successfully.  BUT the next Day when testing the aircraft the no signal  came up again after a successful power up...switched off and powered up again.. executed a flight then checked video output to realise the video was segmented I. Each.  One video take was actually split on the sd card in two parts.. next day I flew another project  which did not suffer the no video signal issue however the video take was again segmented on the sd card... I am losing confidence in the Inspire as the quality of video while excellent when stationary but on movement  there is a different  lag in the video output .... I have 2 Inspire Pro BOTH have the same video lag.. I am lucky that I have an animation department wg
Hich can cover these issues in #D Max and Adobe after effects but seriously  I have paid a lot of money  with the expectation of achieving professional  video footage...SUGGESTIONS please
2016-9-24
Use props
edmund
New

Indonesia

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-8-31 15:48
Version 1.9.1.30 is the most up to date aircraft firmware possible for the Inspire Raw and that is  ...

This was exactly my issue I had to reload FW to aircraft ..video lag is embarrassing
2016-9-24
Use props
edmund
New

Indonesia

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-2 08:00
Unfortunately, the problem remains. It's intermittent and therein lies the headache. I can have the  ...

My problem exactly.. transmission distance is far less problem is intermittent video is segmented on the sd card.. video lag is painful...
2016-9-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

I have not flown on the Inspire platform for two weeks now and am on a P4 which has good range, quick set up and portability but of course not the image quality of the Inspire. My aircraft went to Shenzhen where I hope they had an opportunity to fully test it. Apparently only ribbon cables were changed. I'll get to test later this week and keep everyone posted.

There is a mixture of posts on the thread I've started but Edmund's should set the tech people at DJI going since a disconnect in remote Western Australia CANNOT be due to interference. The fact that this problem affects multiple persons but relatively few in the overall scheme of things suggests that there is something real. Its not a Galaxy 7 phone level problem but it is an issue that merits attention.  

I think its time DJI comments on this beyond getting their tech support people write diagnostic messages that many of us have diligently worked through anyway. One thing I can say for sure, the P4's transmission system is giving far superior performance than even my working Inspire system so please DJI, we would like an answer. Thanks.

BTW - the repair service while a little slow was top notch. All credit to Blair Tang and others on the after-sales team
2016-9-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-24 04:30
I have not flown on the Inspire platform for two weeks now and am on a P4 which has good range, quic ...

Hi  MTC
I am really looking forward to your feedback after you get your Inspire back to fly

Rich
2016-9-24
Use props
jibcam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1805928 ft
Argentina

Hello, am having same issue , no video feed since bird upgrade 1.9.1.3+ (+?? what is this) , DJI tech support sucks... still trying to downgrade bird FW to 1.8.0 but not succes ( camera do not read bin on sd card),I was using a bird TBS Discovery with Lightbrigde 1 and really works much better than the Inspire , video downlink.
As we can see there is too much people around the world having same trouble,I think there is something wrong with last FW , DJI wtf are you waiting?
Daniel.
2016-9-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

jibcam@gmail.co Posted at 2016-9-25 10:24
Hello, am having same issue , no video feed since bird upgrade 1.9.1.3+ (+?? what is this) , DJI tec ...

There is no problem downgrading. Put 1.8.01.40 on an empty SD card and into the camera and fire up the aircraft with the camera attached. After about a minute, you will hear the beeps.

1.8.01.40 is fine on my other aircraft and I don't have issues with the video feed.
2016-9-24
Use props
jibcam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1805928 ft
Argentina

Yes, I understand but the AC do not read the bin on sdcard ,I think the last upgrading to 1.9.1.30 disabled the camera x3,is not detected despite the gimbal initializes and do the dance.
Bad idea to upgrade.
2016-9-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-25 08:16
Hi  MTC
I am really looking forward to your feedback after you get your Inspire back to fly

Hi Rich,

After a bit of a wait, I got my aircraft back. Its working fine now. There was an issue with the 'yaw-axis quick connector component'.

I've done two long distance flights, one with the older firmware (1.8.1.40) and one with the new version (1.9.1.30). I had one transient glitch with the older firmware at a known problem spot early after takeoff but no issues at all after that.

Interestingly the 'About' menu shows the aircraft FW as '1.9.1.30' instead of '1.9.1.30+' which was displayed before I sent it for repair. So it appears the '+' sign may be significant.

Regarding the repair - it was performed under warranty and DJI were good about replacing a case that was damaged in a repair of my older bird, for free. So a 3 week wait but I'm quite satisfied with how things have worked out.
All said, the number of complaints of 'No Image Transmission' suggests that there could be more than one cause. I think DJI still owes customers an official response on this.
2016-9-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules