HELP! New DJI Focus motor will not link with controller
5412 6 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexboothby
lvl.1

Canada

Hello.  I just bought a brand new DJI Focus motor from B&H photo which will not link with my DJI Focus controller bought form DJI online store in November 2015.  The motor LED light just blinks quickly, but will not connect to the controller wirelessly or with the LEMO communication cable.
I have tried:
        - exactly following “Linking" instructions on “DJI Focus User Manual” (page 14).
        - Using “Link Botton method” (on controller) and “Menu method" (Settings - Connect Motor - Connect)
        - installing new controller firmware (version 1.5) multiple times using DJI Assistant software
        - power cycling controller and motor
        - restoring default settings to motor and controller.
        - All of the above dozens of times, in various orders, with and without LEMO “Communications Port” cable connecting the devices.

Nothing works.  The motor never links with with the controller.  After attempting to “connect motor” the controller “system status indicator” LED becomes solid and the LED menu reads “succeed!!!”  but the motor “system status indicator” LED continues to blink quicjky and never connects.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?  

Thank you
Alex

2016-9-5
Use props
Darlax
lvl.1

exactly the same with me...
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid490763
2016-9-10
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What FW you on it needs to be latest V1.7
2016-9-10
Use props
Darlax
lvl.1

You need to update both the motor and the controller, plug the motor via lemo to controller then controller to PC then run the upgrade to the motor first, then the remote
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a small video of how the motor is behaving when you try to pair it?
2016-9-11
Use props
HarrisonStagner
New

United States

Having same problem as above. Have tried all recommendations still no luck.
2018-5-4
Use props
ceigon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67379 ft
  • >>>

Darlax Posted at 2016-9-11 07:36
You need to update both the motor and the controller, plug the motor via lemo to controller then controller to PC then run the upgrade to the motor first, then the remote

Do you need to have the motor plugged into a power source as well. The motor firmware option never shows up for me.
2018-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules