Video transmitting from copter to remote control with big delay
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
letesk
New

Russia

At first, I want to apologize about my english. I will try to explain the problem as best as I can.
About a week ago I started to have a big problem with my drone which makes hard to fly, take photos and videos and can cause a crash. The problem is the the video from drones camera comes with big delay on my phone, its a 3 - 5 seconds delay. In the same time, drone reacts instantly on my remote control commands, no delay at all and video delays for few seconds. I tried alot of things: I do a compass and IMU  calibration each time I fly. I tried to use another mobile device and different original Apple cabel - same problem - video delays. I have a 128gb Iphone 6 and an Ipad air - the problem with both devices. Also, it doesnt matter how far drone to its remote contol - the problems appears even when drone is next tome me and when its far away. The location also doesnt change anything. I tried it in fields with free sygnal problems and I also had video delay. Nothing helps. And drone nothing says about that delay, it shows safe to fly.
The video I took with a problem I uploaded to Youtube. Please take a look so you understand better what I mean

2016-9-11
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

Hi,
Some other users here had the same isssue. SOME of those other users had success re-seating the cables that lead to the gimbal / camera. Just unplug them and re-connect. Seemed to solve the issue for some, others didn't have that result.

The video and control are on separate connections, one is wi-fi and the other is lightbridge.
This seems to be related to a firmware upgrade, there is no real consensus on what causes the video to delay this way. You could also check the usb settings on your apple devices, There was some discussion of that being involved.
Good luck.. hope you get it sorted out soon.
2016-9-11
Use props
letesk
New

Russia

jamesazen Posted at 2016-9-11 15:15
Hi,
Some other users here had the same isssue. SOME of those other users had success re-seating the  ...

Hello and thank you alot for answering me.
Do you think I can reconnect the camera cables on my own or I will need help? I'm not good in devices, never did it before.

I think my apple settings are good enought not to make a delay, because before that I didnt have any problems.
2016-9-11
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

Check this thread Delayed video thread

It has this video in it, I think they're only talking about re-seating the wi-fi cable - probably don't have to take the whole thing off, and if you do, use the spare pins to reset the gimbal..
2016-9-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

letesk Posted at 2016-9-11 13:53
Hello and thank you alot for answering me.
Do you think I can reconnect the camera cables on my ow ...

You could perhaps try refreshing the firmware on the aircraft, then try re-linking controller to aircraft. Worth a try before you go delving into the machine with a risk of damaging something. You say it happens with both Apple devices, so that would seem to rule them out.
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello letesk, could you please check the image transmission settings to see if you were ran into interference ? And please make sure you enable the hardware decoding and turn off other background programs.
channel.PNG
2016-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules