I found a drone LONDON GREENWICH
12Next >
4848 58 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

Hi there,
I am new here and I won’t stay for long, I found Phantom 4 in my garden after my holiday in London /Greenwich area. Happy to give it back.
Please help me to spread this info around. Reply on my email, won’t be here logged probably for long.  If someone lost and reply, give me all of the details about it, what is on SDcard how and where you lost it. Don’t have time for timewasters.
Battery is down, can’t turn it on.
Thanks
LonelyPhantom4

2016-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good man,it's nice to know there are still good a decent people around,there is a good chance somebody will claim it from this forum, thanks again.
2016-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now what's my chances of guessing what's on the SD card, I could do with a spare

Well done though for posting, hopefully the owner will be able to see this
2016-9-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Some people have all the luck
2016-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if this will be reclaimed, there might be a bill for damage attached
2016-9-17
Use props
r.powell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-17 10:42
I wonder if this will be reclaimed, there might be a bill for damage attached

No # or contact # anywhere on it? Couldn't he use the serial # & send to DJI, all are registered are they not, DJI would have the owners contact info
Very good of you to go to the trouble of posting, If ever I loose my bird, I do hope someone like you finds it!
2016-9-17
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

r.powell@rogers Posted at 2016-9-17 23:39
No # or contact # anywhere on it? Couldn't he use the serial # & send to DJI, all are registered a ...

I tried to contact DJI, no response. Can anyone get me a direct email?
2016-9-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think in terms of data protection it's unlikely they would hand out any information.

I'm sure some of the moderators may be able to advise.
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-18 18:16
I think in terms of data protection it's unlikely they would hand out any information.

I'm sure som ...

they did't even replay to try to help... Shame
2016-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

They don't have to give out info they can contact owner directly and let him know his drone is safe and sound and being looked after by a very nice guy in UK..
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-18 18:27
They don't have to give out info they can contact owner directly and let him know his drone is safe  ...

My question to DJI was: 'what details do you need to track this item'. So they should ask for serial number, I didn't give it to them yet. I am looking forward to do this when they reply.
Maybe you guys can link this post to someone who knows what to do?
2016-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-18 11:32
My question to DJI was: 'what details do you need to track this item'. So they should ask for seri ...

I have contacted someone from dji on this forum and sent link for this thread so hopefully they will be in touch looking forward to the outcome here.
2016-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-18 11:32
My question to DJI was: 'what details do you need to track this item'. So they should ask for seri ...

They just got back to me they are checking your thread out and should be on to you shortly..
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello msGvUWZcPeHQ, it's high appreciated and have you sent e-mail to support.eu@dji.com for further help?
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-18 18:47
They just got back to me they are checking your thread out and should be on to you shortly..

thanks
all in progress
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-18 18:48
Hello msGvUWZcPeHQ, it's high appreciated and have you sent e-mail to  for further help?

Funny thing, i tracked possible owner from the picture, it looks that he lives close to me, I was just about to go to his house but I will wait for your instrucions first. thanks
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-18 19:16
Funny thing, i tracked possible owner from the picture, it looks that he lives close to me, I was  ...

That's funny, if so, maybe you could ask him some questions about aircraft, such as where was the last flight?what his APP account is? he could check his flight record on his APP and show you details.
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-18 19:25
That's funny, if so, maybe you could ask him some questions about aircraft, such as where was the  ...

I sent you a mail. Check it please, I've got an automatic replay so far.
Now I don't have enough time to go there, I am just about to leave to work. I will try tomorrow before job.
Shall I post here an serial number in public? I don't really think so. I want you to check if this dron hasn't been stolen before i go there. All of these pictures and that I found it in forbidden area (close to the airport) give me doubts.
Thanks
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

That's funny, if so, maybe you could ask him some questions about aircraft, such as where was the  ...

If you guys speak polish, here is my short investigation on wykop.pl
http://www.wykop.pl/link/3356641 ... 4-londyn-greenwich/
all of those people there gave advises to find you and the house.
2016-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-18 12:35
http://www.wykop.pl/link/3356 ...

Well done good job,I'm sure you will get your reward someday look after yourself..
2016-9-18
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-18 12:25

Probably best to hand it to the police and let them check it out. If he's flying near airports they will want to know about it. Just drop it into the next police station pass.
2016-9-18
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

To verify the owner you can always have them try and link to the drone with his r/c as it will only link if it has linked before without doing re-linking.
2016-9-18
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Was it found in the London Waterloo area? Because that's where I unfortunately lost my one. It has 4K footage of the Houses of Parliament and the Millennium Wheel on it. Both in the same shot. From a far distance of course.
2016-9-18
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-9-18 17:26
Was it found in the London Waterloo area? Because that's where I unfortunately lost my one. It has 4 ...

Haha, from a far distance. You'd have to be so far to be safe you wouldn't see it at all. Naughty boy.

Maybe it was bought down by some anti-drone tech around London
2016-9-18
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-18 19:22
Haha, from a far distance. You'd have to be so far to be safe you wouldn't see it at all. Naughty  ...

Possibly. All I know is that I managed to have it hovering above St. Thomas Hospital for around 10 minutes or so capturing both the Houses of Parliament and the Millennium Wheel in one lovely 4K shot. It was then that instead of landing the craft and heading back home like I should have done, I sent the drone over to a nearby large hotel that's currently under construction while not realising that it was still in a landing phase when it was returning to home a short while ago, I lost connection to the drone and stood there for a good 4 minutes or so, waiting for it to come back. It never did. Even when pressing the return to home button on the remote. Lost connection quite a few times during the whole flight I have to admit, high interference area it seems. Could only travel around 280 metres before disconnecting.

For all I know, it most likely would have landed somewhere on the roof of that building. It's been raining heavily since then too so if it's still up there, it's probably taken some wet-related damage.

Since I saw on the iPad that its last point was above the large hotel that's currently under refurbishment work, I headed over there to see if I could get the agency contruction workers to have a look around the roof. Put simply, they were not bothered at all about helping me find it.

Went back home with my Manfrotto D1 backpack and the transmitter along with the two spare batteries I have.

Went back for another visit a week after losing it. Construction workers were feeling annoyed by me being there 'nagging them about it'. So I gave up there and then. All of this happened a couple of weeks ago in late August.

Currently saving up for a new one now, almost there. Need just two more payments from work and I'll have a new P4 drone to play with. Will be putting a real-time GPS tracker like Trackimo on this new one. I may also visit the site of the lost P4 at a later date and try to find its whereabouts by flying around the area a bit. See what I can find on the 4K footage.

2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-9-19 05:44
Possibly. All I know is that I managed to have it hovering above St. Thomas Hospital for around 10  ...

I am really sorry for your lost. I wish to have toy like that but I simply gave up thinking how often I will be using it and that almost everywhere in London I am not allowed to fly.
See guys, he is one of these people, who probably don't know it. If I would go to the police, it is quite possible to put guy in trouble. Simple guy. He potentially may be a thread(I agree), but checking the footage, he is not. So I will try to give it be to hand not involving MI5, or MI6 or 7
My guy seems to be even quite helpful in Ghana. I don't want to give to much details, you know why. If you go to the link what I posted, you will see at least pictures.  I am looking big British looking white guy, who works outside London(east) and leaves close to London City airport.
Checking pictures coordinates, I've found POSSIBLY his house. I am about to go there tomorrow.
I am still wondering bloody hell how to play the game.
Should I talk to people potentially like a moron asking, oh hi mate, did you lost a drone by any chance?

Second option is a letter, what I've already written, where I am asking to send me an email with all of the details and if they are correct I will drop it somewhere.

You can't believe how I was happy when I found it in my garden when I came back from holiday. First think: Fuuuuuck, I won drone, thanks people from other galaxy

I feel sad when I thing about crying owner somewhere in the corner in his room.

I am telling you guys, nice toy, would be happy to buy one. But this situation gave me nice opportunity to check myself like MI5 officer. cool. Internet is creepy.
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

rreindl Posted at 2016-9-18 20:57
To verify the owner you can always have them try and link to the drone with his r/c as it will only  ...

Great! I will!
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-18 19:45
Well done good job,I'm sure you will get your reward someday look after yourself..

Get me some whisky, that's more than enough xD
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

Natalia! Funny is that you have promised to reply. I should already give up i am goning to trash it.
Looks like all customer service works like that. I have sent few email on DIJ website looking for help. All the same. Automatic reply and.............................nothing.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-19 07:02
Natalia! Funny is that you have promised to reply. I should already give up i am goning to trash it ...

Hello sir, may I know your ticket number? Generally speaking, you will get the reply in about 1 business day after you sent it, please wait patiently, thank you for your understanding.
2016-9-18
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-19 09:33
Hello sir, may I know your ticket number? Generally speaking, you will get the reply in about 1 bu ...

thank you
2016-9-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-9-18 22:44
Possibly. All I know is that I managed to have it hovering above St. Thomas Hospital for around 10  ...

" Even when pressing the return to home button on the remote. "

That most likely didn't help. If it loses signal it will initiate a return to home, if you push RTH button it will cancel it (if it receives signal), aircraft may have hovered until battery got too low and then landed.

St Thomas is in a restricted area covered by R157 have a look Here for restrictions of this type. Then there are all the usual airspace regulations.
St Thomas.jpg
2016-9-19
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I'm amazed you even got it off the ground in central London. I know we all argue about 'congested' areas, but it doesn't get anymore congested than that. Hovering above a hospital is just stupid.
2016-9-19
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-19 12:28
I'm amazed you even got it off the ground in central London. I know we all argue about 'congested' a ...

Well I had the aircraft take off in a rather inconspicuous area, next to a council estate, and a large car park not far from the hospital. So yes the drone got out of line of sight pretty quickly as a large building was in the way of me and the drone itself, but it was still very easy to fly about using just FPV on the iPad. Nobody knew I was flying there neither.
As long as you're quick about flights and not attracting too much attention, or any attention at all for that matter, there won't be trouble and nobody, including the police will be any wiser about your presence and even being there in the first place.

I do plan on purchasing a long range antenna mod kit (FPVLR boosted and Argktek) for my new P4, as I'll have a spare remote transmitter to install it to. Hoping to boost the signal enough to penetrate concrete (and trees) in case I do choose to revisit that area in particular again, which is very likely to happen as I'd like a second chance of acquiring the 4K footage.

Like the TC, I also live in a congested urban area of south-east London so yes the boosted signal will come in handy to enjoy more of the flight experience, with hardly any disconnections.
2016-9-19
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-9-19 14:40
Well I had the aircraft take off in a rather inconspicuous area, next to a council estate, and a la ...

Ok, good luck with that then. Still think you're a danger to everyone around you, and in central London that could be getting near 500,000 people. lol

Anyway, best not to discuss your activities here - DJI Forum rules say "Discussion of illegal activities ..... are not allowed."
2016-9-19
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Please let us know if you find the owner.
2016-9-19
Use props
jakubwilczek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447628 ft
Poland

msGvUWZcPeHQ Posted at 2016-9-18 13:35
http://www.wykop.pl/link/3356 ...

Are you Polish? Funny☺ I'll take a look at this link.
2016-9-19
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

No co je z tym dronem?!!!!
Znajdzie sie wlasciciel czy nie?

I am impressed that the OP posted that he found a drone, if I crash into someone's area, I hope they will be as nice. Now, here in the US, I assume they can ping FAA and have FAA contact me by my regostry number, but maybe I will also put a label with my cell # on the drone, just in case... or email address.....  

Just wondering, while skimming over the thread, I've not noticed, is it damaged? I would assume so, but then again, it could have just autolanded ;)

Either way, hope there will be a nice and touching re-unification with the owner the beast!

2016-9-19
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is most likely mine, can you ship it back to California? It got away from me. Those things got mind of their own.
2016-9-19
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-9-19 12:53
It is most likely mine, can you ship it back to California? It got away from me. Those things got mi ...

Damned you! it's mine! Colorado! I am closer to UK, and also higher than you, it glided there on low battery!
2016-9-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules