That's It! I'm Cancelling My Order And Getting The Karma!
4105 52 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-13 14:29
My primary use for a small drone will be to take it with me on biking trips around Malaysia.

It's  ...

I just talked to the repair shop and it's not an automatically voided warranty. If the flight data shows there was an issue that caused the crash into water then it may be covered.
Moisture may be ok, just not prolonged moisture.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2016-10-13 17:12
Do one get this sensor alert in the aircraft status list on the GO?

No, it's a sticker inside the aircraft.
2016-10-13
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-12 21:53
Honestly I love GoPro and have lots of their cameras, but I truly believe that no company in the w ...

Someday in the future dji and go pro will be one. But right now go pro is the camera and dji the aerial.
When i saw the karma i said ''ok that is the drone i was waiting for'' but after one week maviv came out and i couldn't believe it.
At the time speaking the best and only choise for a (true)foldable drone is the mavic pro.......
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mpampis Posted at 2016-10-14 01:03
Someday in the future dji and go pro will be one. But right now go pro is the camera and dji the a ...

Actually DJI and GoPro will not be one. DJI careates their own cameras and continues to innovate.
Just wait and see future products that come from DJI, DJi will continue to blow your mind.
2016-10-13
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-13 19:11
Actually DJI and GoPro will not be one. DJI careates their own cameras and continues to innovate.

I hope so..... anyway the competition is only good for us as consumers!!!!
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mpampis Posted at 2016-10-14 04:35
I hope so..... anyway the competition is only good for us as consumers!!!!

I agree 100% good competition will only improve everyone's products.
2016-10-13
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-12 23:43
The original Phantoms used a GoPro for the camera since DJI didn't make them. Now DJI makes camera ...

Even in the same hobby, there have been a lot of RC cars and trucks that are waterproof (yes, proof, not resistant) for years. Now the gimbal and camera add another element, but do you honestly think that's out of reach? Because to me, it's very possible.
2016-10-13
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.2
New Zealand

I don't see drones like the Mavic as 'just a toy racer' or 'just a camera platform'.
I live in a rural community and personal drones could be a useful tool for people working in agriculture.
I could easily see a farmer riding out on his quad. He want's to check a hard to reach spot down a gully. He isn't using a Phantom or an Aspire as they take up too much room. He has a Mavic hanging from the quad. He pulls it out and sends it off down the gully.
or...
A farmers paddocks are flooded and he wants to quickly check on stock. He drives up to the highest point he can reach and sends out the drone.
Waterproof would be important to people in this market.
2016-10-13
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

bvQlltGg1Yw3 Posted at 2016-10-13 15:31
I don't see drones like the Mavic as 'just a toy racer' or 'just a camera platform'.
I live in a rur ...

Perhaps YOU or some other 3rd party will come up with an ingenious float system for landing on water?
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gckless Posted at 2016-10-14 06:22
Even in the same hobby, there have been a lot of RC cars and trucks that are waterproof (yes, proo ...

It's not out of reach, but that cost would be a lot more.
Maybe one day DJI will make a flying/submersible drone
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bvQlltGg1Yw3 Posted at 2016-10-14 06:31
I live in a rur ...

DJI has already built the farmers drone and it's HUGE. I put a P4 under it and the P4 looks like a tiny toy compared to the AGRAS. When I find the photo I'll post it.

http://www.dji.com/mg-1
2016-10-13
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-14 09:42
DJI has already built the farmers drone and it's HUGE. I put a P4 under it and the P4 looks like a ...

"The DJI Agras MG-1 is an octocopter designed for precision variable rate application of liquid pesticides..."

We're talking cameras, not containers.

I'd be happy with

Done - waterproof
Gimbal/camera - water resistant
Supplied carrying case - waterproof

That would still mean no water landings but would offer much more peace of mind and practicality.

Let me put it this way... For more than a month before my trip to Iceland I was all over youtube, researching drones. Cheap, expensive, whatever, I wanted something to capture that epic, once in a lifetime holiday. Time after time people kept recommending I get a DJI Phantom...

And time after time I rejected the idea, as they are just too fat, bulky awkwardly shaped - not to mention the other voices saying "No! Their aftersales service is rubbish!"

I finally caved in and got the cheapest Phantom I could, a Standard.

I'm the PERFECT customer for the Karma. Perfect. It was designed FOR ME.

Short range, same as my Standard, short flying time, same as my Standard, great camera, same as my Standard. I've never actually used any follow me, orbit or other modes; I don't care much about those and see them as a nice to have but not necessary.

So basically the same as my Standard but folds down small - ideal, but no, I can't justify twice the price just for that.

But tough and waterproof?

Despite the higher tech and abilities of the Mavic, if the Karma were rugged and waterproof I wouldn't even be on this forum; I'd just preorder a Karma.

That's how important it is to me.

Hopefully you'll pass that on to product development.

2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-14 12:13
"The DJI Agras MG-1 is an octocopter designed for precision variable rate application of liquid pe ...

Maybe one day their will be an option for you, maybe DJI maybe not.
2016-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules