5892 41 2016-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

ProQuad Posted at 2017-4-20 09:13
Blackcrusader, we have all seen your video's of your high altitude flying, and I bet if they made the props for your P3S, you would notice a difference.  I have noticed a difference with mine on my I1P

Well as my drone is often at 500m height above the clouds and 2km plus distance I am not sure how I would notice the difference.  The Phantom is such a stable device and also for climbing height I've not had any issues with control inputs to my bird.   I've had my bird be so stable even in high wind speeds and she also flies home at over 50 mph fine.  Not sure I need to go that fast but had a tail wind on one flight coming to home point.  I have made adjustments to the left rudder and gimbal tilt to reduce the speeds they are set at. That helps a lot for rotation when taking video's. On max height high altitude flights I allow 10 mins for getting videos and ten mins for journey up to area I want to be for filming and coming home.  I think I would not be spending US$100 on a set of props for my bird. I'd rather use the money to buy a P4P or Matrice 200. I think the idea of being able to mount a zoom lens would be more fun up there.
2017-4-20
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-4-20 11:03
It's impossible to get the same performance at sea level than at 10000 feet, with the same propellers, due to density altitud.   For sure !!!

Sure but stock setup seems to handle it fine.  I'd like batteries with 1 hour flying time more than anything else.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules