What causes my screen to look like this?
7492 51 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jambond54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1273064 ft
United States

I had the same problem. Found vibration  to the gimble ribbon was cause the problem. I use a Samsung tad 8 E. ND filters will help with some of your distortion also.
2017-2-5
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

does it stay like that forever? until you turn it off ??
2017-2-5
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Jambond54 Posted at 2017-2-5 19:44
I had the same problem. Found vibration  to the gimble ribbon was cause the problem. I use a Samsung tad 8 E. ND filters will help with some of your distortion also.

how did you fix this?
2017-2-6
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-2-5 20:26
does it stay like that forever? until you turn it off ??

mine doesn't stay forever, comes and goes.  Seems to be more when sitting still or hovering, but has happened a couple times during motion in flight
2017-2-6
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-6 16:33
mine doesn't stay forever, comes and goes.  Seems to be more when sitting still or hovering, but has happened a couple times during motion in flight

very frustrating, maybe  jambond 54 will tell us the fix !
2017-2-6
Use props
Jambond54
lvl.2
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-6 16:30
how did you fix this?

This is only a temporary fix. Where the gimbal ribbon comes out of the gimbal arm. It looks like a little loop. I put a piece of rubber behind the ribbion. Then I put pressure on  it with my finger and taped it down. Like I said this is a temporary fix.  Do you use polarized ND filters  this also helps the distortion.  I'm  sending my bird in to have the tilted horizon  fixed and while it is being worked on  I'm  going to have them look at the ribbon. Have you. Checked the props and make sure the isn't any cracks on your props also check the hubs where the props tighten up on. Good luck. Let me know how it comes out?
2017-2-6
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Jambond54 Posted at 2017-2-6 18:30
This is only a temporary fix. Where the gimbal ribbon comes out of the gimbal arm. It looks like a little loop. I put a piece of rubber behind the ribbion. Then I put pressure on  it with my finger and taped it down. Like I said this is a temporary fix.  Do you use polarized ND filters  this also helps the distortion.  I'm  sending my bird in to have the tilted horizon  fixed and while it is being worked on  I'm  going to have them look at the ribbon. Have you. Checked the props and make sure the isn't any cracks on your props also check the hubs where the props tighten up on. Good luck. Let me know how it comes out?

I have a set of ND filters yes. Polarized and non polarized.
2017-2-7
Use props
Jambond54
lvl.2
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-7 16:55
I have a set of ND filters yes. Polarized and non polarized.

Let me know if the little rubber piece helps. Enjoy the journey.
2017-2-7
Use props
CN17307
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2186532 ft
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-4 13:48
This happened to me today with my newest phantom 4. It only happened when I was under power lines and facing the sun, if I would yaw 180 degrees it would away, yaw back to the same spot toward the sun and bam big pink screen. Using samsung note 4

I am dealing with the color bars myself. I see purple and green and some times there are black designs inside of them. I have not got an answer from DJI support except to try another mobile device. I think the colors are some sort of noise on the video signal.
2017-2-9
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

CN17307 Posted at 2017-2-9 19:51
I am dealing with the color bars myself. I see purple and green and some times there are black designs inside of them. I have not got an answer from DJI support except to try another mobile device. I think the colors are some sort of noise on the video signal.

Yea so far they havent been very helpful. I dont think your device is the issue. I had a P4 for a month and this never happened to me, but it had a funny bubble in the camera screen so i exchanged it at best buy. Now with my brand new P4, it has the same issue, as well as I get this pink and green screen every frigging slight. Using same device in same locations. Definitely a hardware issue. So happy i have a brand new $2000 product that i have to troubleshoot right out of the box. Really regretting this.
2017-2-10
Use props
CN17307
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2186532 ft
United States

Just another thought is to reccomend using the original OEM or very high quality USB cable. A cheaply made cable will cause nothing but greif
2017-2-14
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

CN17307 Posted at 2017-2-14 17:55
Just another thought is to reccomend using the original OEM or very high quality USB cable. A cheaply made cable will cause nothing but greif

I have used nothing but the OEM cable so far.
I have done a factory reset and reinstalled lasted update as DJI Jamie wanted me to try, and I have only been able to get 1 flight in so far due to weather, but I only got a pink line for a quick second during flight and was a good clear feed otherwise. So hopefully it was just a software issue.
Still have not resolved my wavy video problem though.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules