New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

WhereAmI? Posted at 2016-10-27 00:15
It's sad to see that you bought your Mavic 3 days after me with a reseller and you got it before m ...

I understand completely. Someone that ordered from newegg on the 14th got theirs yesterday, and mine is finally sent because the original order expired. I only ordered from newegg originally on Oct 1st because the shipping date showed Oct 15th. I lucked out.

I don't understand Dji at all. I'm guessing the allocated a certain amount to their newegg marketplace just like they did with amazon storefront. The direct orders should have been shipped though I agree with you on that.
2016-10-26
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

incogneito Posted at 2016-10-26 11:48
the one i ordered is not the fly more combo. its the standard. i wonder why yours shows 3.31 and m ...

Yeah I am not sure at all. I am not holding my breathe that this is a package for me it just shows it shipping to my area code based on this tool. http://djitrack.holt.dj/

Maybe someone in my area ordered something else.
2016-10-26
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

incogneito Posted at 2016-10-27 00:48
the one i ordered is not the fly more combo. its the standard. i wonder why yours shows 3.31 and m ...

did you use the tool the guy made to search your zip code for Dji packages?
2016-10-26
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

tristan56 Posted at 2016-10-27 00:54
Yeah I am not sure at all. I am not holding my breathe that this is a package for me it just shows ...

is it coming from SHENZHEN CN and says Dji goods? I'm pretty sure every order i seen shows the same weight as mine and they are all the standard Mavic pro.
2016-10-26
Use props
WhereAmI?
lvl.1

Canada

I'm pissed. I'm two days away from canceling it and I know I'm not gonna get any tracking soon even if I'm among the first buyers. I should have bought a P4 but now I don't wanna hear about DJI anymore. They lost my completed trust in less than 1 month. I just can't imagine how painfull it would be if the mavic was defective. No way i'm gonna risk another minute with them. Goodbye everyone, it's been a pleasure to talk to you.

Have fun with your Mavic!
2016-10-26
Use props
bantis 1
lvl.2

United States

The mount of cry babies in this thread is astounding!
2016-10-26
Use props
ThisLife
lvl.1

My Amazon page updated slightly this morning. Does anyone know what this means? Is it now shipped?
IMG_0980.PNG
2016-10-26
Use props
Snaver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45226 ft

I posted earlier this morning, wondering why, 24 hours ago DJI announced that the FlyMore
Combos were shipping, yet as of this morning none had been shipped.
That post was deleted. Can the forum moderator explain how that post violated forum rules, and was deleted.
2016-10-26
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

ThisLife Posted at 2016-10-26 13:40
My Amazon page updated slightly this morning. Does anyone know what this means? Is it now shipped?

Yes, that means it shipped. Same thing happened to me. If you call Amazon they might have a fedex tracking number for you. When i finally got the Mavic the packing slip had my email address as DJI @ Amazon . com.. which is why I never got the tracking info when it shipped.
2016-10-26
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

looks like other fellow forum members was right - order should be placed with resellers , not with DJI directly. My order placed on 2016-09-27 23:35:21 (UTC) and does not have any signs of shipping.

Lesson learned.
2016-10-26
Use props
WhereAmI?
lvl.1

Canada

bantis 1 Posted at 2016-10-26 13:39
The mount of cry babies in this thread is astounding!

Do you own a starter business with zero financing? Probably not. So you do not know what it means to pay 1500$ without the ability to make money out of it. You can call it cry babies if you want. Let's talk about it the day you'll understand it.
2016-10-26
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

ThisLife Posted at 2016-10-27 01:40

Use the tool posted up a couple posts and put your zip code in and see if anything shows going to your zip code. I know amazon hasn't updated several peoples orders, but the order is indeed shipped.
2016-10-26
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

HjM4qzGDMUeQ Posted at 2016-10-27 01:45
looks like other fellow forum members was right - order should be placed with resellers , not with D ...

That's wrong. At the very least every order that was on the 27th should have been shipped. Dji needs to fix their service model or they will lose customers. Probably not though cause their produckt are better than any one elses.
2016-10-26
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

WhereAmI? Posted at 2016-10-26 13:48
Do you own a starter business with zero financing? Probably not. So you do not know what it means  ...

You're seriously complaining about the lost return on investment for a month delay on $1500? What kind of big money high return investing are you doing with $1500?
And there is a about 10 different companies you could have bought with on credit and gotten 0% financing for 6 months. That's your own fault.
2016-10-26
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

WhereAmI? Posted at 2016-10-26 11:48
Do you own a starter business with zero financing? Probably not. So you do not know what it means  ...

You're just proving my point further. I never called anyone specifically a crybaby so why are you offended by that? Didn't you say you were leaving and done with DJI? Why are you still here?
2016-10-26
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-10-26 12:18
You're seriously complaining about the lost return on investment for a month delay on $1500? What k ...

+1

Best Buy offers 0% financing for an entire year.
2016-10-26
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

incogneito Posted at 2016-10-26 11:57
is it coming from SHENZHEN CN and says Dji goods? I'm pretty sure every order i seen shows the sam ...
Fedex

This is a screen shot of it.
2016-10-26
Use props
WhereAmI?
lvl.1

Canada

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-10-26 14:18
You're seriously complaining about the lost return on investment for a month delay on $1500? What k ...

I think you're not getting the point of being a startup company. Even more since your located in United States and I'm in Canada. Almost no company make profits for the first 2 years. All they do is creating opportunity to increase their chances of getting profits.

With more than 2,000$ of expense a month and - I repeat - without any funding from bank, loosing 1,500$ for a whole months make a difference. Customer pay their bills after 30 to 60 days in here. Not being able to enhance opporunity is a huge problem. Yes, it is. Do you know the cost to start a company here? Do you know the cost of insurance? How can you call me a cry baby if you're not in that situation?

Is it ridiculous to complain for 1,500$ as a business owner? Yes, sadly, it is. But if I had my drone right now, that 1,500$ would be paid and profitable. Guess what? Getting profits is the man goal of being in business.

Just one question ; would it be fine for you to get paid from your boss but not being able take that money? Probably not. Same here. Paid 1,500$ and not able to pay bill with it.

By the way, thanks for the advice about financial possibility. I guess I didn't know it was possible. I also forgot that I didn't have to pay that financial anytime soon because we all know that financial for business and individual are the same, right?
2016-10-26
Use props
Mikesask
lvl.1

kcflstf Posted at 2016-10-24 05:57
Who was it if you dont mind ?

was maplin now were on 15th nov
2016-10-26
Use props
gary97
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

For what it's worth ... I ordered the Fly More package on 10/20, and have been following this shipping issue on several threads within this forum.  (Too many threads.  And, what am I missing, why isn't the most recent post up first on these threads instead of last?)

While the inner kid in me would like to have received it 3 days before I ordered it, I accept the situation is what it is.  Being 59 and having waited all my life for an honest politician ... and still waiting ... is good training.

So, in the spirit of making lemons into lemonade, as a soon-to-be first time drone owner, I am making use of the shipping lead time by really boning up on as much as I can find regarding flying drones in general, and the Mavic in particular.  Including reading the manuals in the app, following the tips threads on here, Googling reviews and feedback, and searching YouTube for relevant videos.

I've also been doing deep breathing exercises to ... so far successfully ... deal with my own frustrations around this.  (Who am I kidding, I've got asthma, there's no such thing as deep breathing.)

However, at the end of the day, I am glad for the "forced" opportunity to learn about drones before I receive mine.  And, I am hopeful that the delay in shipping mine just might mean that, as a later production unit, bugs that they may have found in early units will have been corrected.  Sometimes it doesn't pay to be the first, the turtle beat the hare, and all those other trite expressions.

BUT, I will add to the chorus that there is no excuse for the way DJI has handled communications and information around this.  It's been pretty poor.  (Though it does seem that the U.S.-based DJI folks who are on these threads do seem to be sympathetic and are trying to help, for which I thank them.)  There have been some interesting theories posted, some reasonable, some not so much.  Nevertheless, at the end of the day, given that DJI HQ chooses to not be as forthcoming as they should be, all they can be are just theories in what is an academic discussion.

It's not my place to suggest how others deal with this frustration.  Everyone needs to do what feels right to them.  (Vent, cancel, buy from a competitor, 420, whatever!)  I can only offer the approach that is helping me get through this.

With all that said, I'm going to go have my lunch now ... if i can find my bottle opener.
2016-10-26
Use props
xcmviper
lvl.1

United States

WhereAmI? Posted at 2016-10-26 12:05
I think you're not getting the point of being a startup company. Even more since your located in Un ...

Unless aerial videography is your business or part of your business I don't see how this pre-order would tie into what you're saying. If $1500 is too much of an expense for a business (or individual) to invest on an UNRELEASED product then taking on the debt is foolish.

Pre-order delays happen all the time and even with major established companies. The only wrong-doing DJI has done is not being transparent as to the cause of the delays. Regardless sh*t happens, best to get over it.
2016-10-26
Use props
dinok
New

United States

I agree that this thread is filled with cry babies and general speculators...  I know when I ordered in mid october the site itself said shipping in mid November...
2016-10-26
Use props
ThisLife
lvl.1

Dronez Posted at 2016-10-27 01:42
Yes, that means it shipped. Same thing happened to me. If you call Amazon they might have a fedex t ...

Thank you! I'll try to figure it out and post back.
2016-10-26
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

WhereAmI? Posted at 2016-10-26 15:05
I think you're not getting the point of being a startup company. Even more since your located in Un ...

So you're saying that startup companies in Canada cost more or Canadians are just cheaper?
And why wouldn't you buy a Phantom 4 if you needed the drone ASAP? Same if not better camera, it's cheaper and it's out now so you wouldn't have to wait. I don't think I'll be investing in your startup...
2016-10-26
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

ThisLife Posted at 2016-10-27 01:40

Amazon sometime uses third party shippers and I've learned the hard way, some of them celebrate Jewish holidays and shut down for a week.  Even with PRIME, those guys throw a slow wrench in your order.  I'm going through that now with an outfit out of NYC this past week.  Credit card hasn't been charged since they are closed, but the wait....  You need to check with the suppliers website at times to see when they're open and maybe switch the supplier on the right side of the Amazon page.

I also checked the Apple store and they said Dec. 16th for the Mavic.  I thought Apple would have the same clout as Best Buy, but seems not.

I won't even mention UPS being slow as heck and their idiotic "We don't work weekends for less than $75 shipping" and even then it gets iffy.  Some of their 5 day Grounds roll over into the next week too.

Apple Mavic Dec. 16

Apple Mavic Dec. 16
2016-10-26
Use props
ThisLife
lvl.1

gmccurdy@att.ne Posted at 2016-10-27 05:49
Amazon sometime uses third party shippers and I've learned the hard way, some of them celebrate Je ...

Thanks for the reply! My order is through "DJI Official Store" on Amazon, not a third party. As a result, I feel like they are MORE unorganized than the other sellers!
2016-10-26
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

tristan56 Posted at 2016-10-27 02:24
Fedex

This is a screen shot of it.

I don't know. It might be something else for someone else in your zip code. Or possibly your mavic pro. But it in not a fly more bundle if that is what you ordered. The only thing I can say, though, is that I believe every order I have seen for a Mavic pro have all had the weight at 4.8 pounds. I might be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any with a different weight that that. Did you check mavicpilots.com? A lot of people posted their tracking information on there and you can see if someone has one that matches up with yours.
2016-10-26
Use props
metAGjkKULCV
lvl.1

anyone order from best buy and have it ship yet?
2016-10-26
Use props
3hd9Aq2UtQlM
lvl.2

United States

I have an early preorder for the combo placed on 9/27 that is still pending. I also have a bestbuy preorder for the basic package that is allegedly coming on 10/31. In the spirt of good karma, I'll keep both orders and sell whichever one comes second unopened at the price I paid for it, $1,088.74, to one of you that is further down in the queue. (I still want all the stuff that comes with the combo even if it comes late) Only ask is that you are in NYC, meet at my place of choosing (not traveling across town for you), and pay cash. No upcharge at all, but no sense in returning when someone else further down the pipeline can get one sooner. However, NO SHIPPING WHATSOEVER. I don't want to end up in a situation where someone disputed. If nobody takes me up on this, I'll cancel the other order when the first arrives.
2016-10-26
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

metAGjkKULCV Posted at 2016-10-26 16:11

Not yet unfortunately
2016-10-26
Use props
WhereAmI?
lvl.1

Canada

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-10-26 16:39
So you're saying that startup companies in Canada cost more or Canadians are just cheaper?
And why ...

It is ridiculous how you can judge without knowing. What a nice human being you are. You are really smarter than me that's obvious...but just as a reminder, P4 is almost 500$ more expensive than the Mavic for Canadian buyer + if you add the taxes it's even more expensive and maybe we should talk about the customer fees? 2000$ does not respond my needs. 1300$ does. With an extra 700$ in the wallet we do something called 'paying bill' and 'publicity'. You know what it is right, since you way smarter? This is because of that kind of management that we received a price for the best new company of the community with more than 10,000$ in profit for the first 6 months. I really like you but I'm no gonna listen to your advice tho. They sound pretty 'not a clue what i'm talking about but let's judge people anyway'.

You shouldn't invest in any company. You're right. Even more if money is just a detail when talking about investment and opportunity.
2016-10-26
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

tristan56 Posted at 2016-10-26 23:13
So any new on if this is yours or not? I see a package coming to my zipcode with the tool but the  ...

It ended up not being my package -- I figured as much. Package was 4.8lbs (2.18kgs), so I'm guessing that's the weight of the Mavic Pro, not the bundle.
2016-10-26
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

WhereAmI? Posted at 2016-10-27 01:48

If you needed it immediately you could have purchased a Phantom at your local electronics store.
2016-10-26
Use props
0sarc0
lvl.2

Australia

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-27 07:27
If you needed it immediately you could have purchased a Phantom at your local electronics store.

unless they didn't have the money for one as they are more expensive than the mavic.
2016-10-26
Use props
Hpdb301
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58642 ft

So I could be wrong, but BestBuy and Newegg as well as any other corporation are nothing but customers on a list to DJI.  So if these companies got privilege on pre-order or had someone sitting by the computer at  the time pre-order opened and were able to submit a order for 100 units, I'm sorry but that company got their order in 1st. Now their pre-order list will now be filled and their customers may have placed their order many days after the DJI's Pre-Sale Launch. That's fair, sorry! Just be happy your on the list, you're about to be able to hold the most advanced unmanned aircraft in the palm of your hand and be able to keep it with you at all times for quick deployment.  Absolutely astounded by the development over the past 4years!!  Good times!  I've been out of my phantom for 2 years due to a non-recoverable crash.  I've been waiting and itching to get another and finally a platform that will provide all kinds of opportunities!!  I'm excited, even with the delay, this is truly 1 incredible piece of engineering! Thank you DJI!
2016-10-26
Use props
WhereAmI?
lvl.1

Canada

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-26 19:27

It was an option, but way more expensive unfortunately. We have some opporunity but not enough to invest in a more expensive drone. Following the reviews and footages, we gonna get the results we want with the mavic.
2016-10-26
Use props
JliCy8mzHecf
lvl.1

I have to admit the drama is very entertaining. Nearly as much as flying a drone... Oh wait I have never flown one, I just hope it is near this entertaining

2016-10-26
Use props
thefilmguy
lvl.1

Okay, so I used this search tool for zip 91604 aka Studio City, CA. It's from DJI. However my order status says nothing about being shipped, and I bought the combo from DJI.com on October 12th. So this can't be mine right? I mean it is Studio City California so I'm pretty certain it's for someone else but my second question would be... if this is the case.. then why isn't mine being delivered if I'm in the same city?

Do we know the weight for the combo?

Also, I have not emailed them since I ordered for an update. I did two days ago and still nothing. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
UPDATE: Nevermind. It went to someone else. So to my second question above ^
2016-10-26
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

metAGjkKULCV Posted at 2016-10-27 06:11

I just back back from Best Buy and they have the display up, but when the girl did their internal search it came up "Back-ordered" in a red box.  She couldn't even order it.  Sounds like if they did get some in, they ran out already.  They did have some something prior saying Oct. 31 & Nov. 1, but that got changed unless some pre-orders cancel.

Then I went to the Apple Store at the mall.  Girl had to go ask their inventory person who hides in the back.  She said they were 6-7 weeks out.

I'm going to check Best Buy again, maybe Sunday and see what shows up on their internal warehouse and store search.
2016-10-26
Use props
thefilmguy
lvl.1

gmccurdy@att.ne Posted at 2016-10-27 09:36
I just back back from Best Buy and they have the display up, but when the girl did their internal  ...

To save you time, Best Buy receives deliveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Better off waiting till next week.
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules