New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

Hi,
About maps:
I definitely have Google maps now (Android S7 Edge, latest DJI GO4, 1.03 FW).
Did you check if "use Amap" is disables in general settings ? ("...")
Sorry if beeing dumb but thats the only thing that comes to my mind exept that they have their map contracts per county and so Germany gets google and Czech get amap ?!

Greetings,

Nils
2016-12-8
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

You are lucky.

I definitely still have "here" maps in Australia. (Also - Android S7 Edge, latest DJI GO4 and latest firmware). Although they should rebrand to "what was here many years ogo"   Like you say it may be a location or region specific thing. The "here" map images are at least 3 years old, maybe 5. So way out of date at my location in Australia. Somewhat annoying, given the Google stuff is right up to date, but really no big deal.
2016-12-8
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

I had 2 flights today with the newest firmware. Although there was no wind, I got warning "Large Wind Velocity" warning for 10 times. Dont know why. Also I have been disconnected twice from the RC, although aircraft was only 150 meters far. Returt to home has been engaged automatically.
2016-12-8
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

Hi,
About maps:
I definitely have Google maps now (Android S7 Edge, latest DJI GO4, 1.03 FW).
Did you check if "use Amap" is disables in general settings ? ("...")
Sorry if beeing dumb but thats the only thing that comes to my mind exept that they have their map contracts per county and so Germany gets google and Czech get amap ?!

Greetings,

Nils

Hello, thanks for your reply. Sure, "amap for China" is disabled of course. Still having HERE maps. Also having Galaxy S7. Hmmmm.
2016-12-8
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

LukasBlecha Posted at 2016-12-8 17:14
Hello, thanks for your reply. Sure, "amap for China" is disabled of course. Still having HERE maps. Also having Galaxy S7. Hmmmm.

It really might be a legal thing that is decided per-country...
We had the same for Parrot bebop, first Google then something awful (dont recall) then Parrot leaked that Google had a different licensing model wanting more $$$.
Then they caved in and we have google back since then but it took 4 weeks longer in the US then in Germany.
Good luck guys.

Nils

P.S. funny that DJI staff will not comment on this ?!
2016-12-8
Use props
fans59aabfc8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

After update I got errors as well: Large wind velocity. But wind speed wasn't so big at all.
Also what right now with Art profile? It is just renamed or what?
2016-12-8
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

Several flights with the latest firmware (only version I have flown with new Mavic) and a few thoughts:

1.  I received "Wind Warnings" my second day but they were appropriate.  The wind was obviously blowing and I got them when I popped above the tree line.  Flight later yesterday and today did not give any warnings as conditions were calm.

2.  Flights have all been very stable with no loss of signal/video.  Longest flight was about 17 minutes.

3.  Starting the DJI Go 4 app has given me NO VIDEO about 10% of the time.  I have not actually recorded the number of times, but I feel it is about 1 in 10.  It normally happens on 2 or 3 consecutive tries and then it shows up and there are no issues.  My starting sequence is:  RC power, drone power, DG4 app, "Enter Device".  I show a connection and data, but no video.  (iPhone 7, latest iOS, latest DG4, latest firmware, with and without WiFi turned on, distances of 1-10 feet from drone)

4.  I love the autofocus when recording starts.  GREAT addition to the newest firmware.

5.  I am still running stock video settings and I have no idea which way to go.  I guess it's time to start experimenting.  Stock settings look good though.

6.  I flew my first 20 or so minutes (in several shorter flights) in my living room with intermittent GPS/ATTI switching.  VERY stable and no signs of anything to be concerned about.

FYI, this is my first drone.  I'm a techy guy and watched a lot of videos, did a lot of reading and trained on a cheap drone from Amazon to be able to handle ACTUAL flying if the Mavic's automation failed.  So far, only one close-call and entirely my fault.

Gary
2016-12-8
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

I get my bird tomorrow, I was wondering if using the MacBook Pro to upgrade firmware is an issue? I saw a video that said it was but I can't see that still happening, if it ever was an issue.
Anybody upgrade with their MacBook Pro?
2016-12-8
Use props
Peeewit
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-9 04:11
I get my bird tomorrow, I was wondering if using the MacBook Pro to upgrade firmware is an issue? I saw a video that said it was but I can't see that still happening, if it ever was an issue.
Anybody upgrade with their MacBook Pro?

I am running Sierra 10.12.1 on MacBook Pro.
While the DJI assistant 2 will recognise an attached controller or aircraft and advise on the current firmware level and suggest an up date, it just hangs at 0% if you start the update.
It looks like there is something wrong with the USB driver.
I cannot do firmware updates with DJI Go 4 app either as it does not report that an update is needed.

Had to borrow my wife's Windows PC to do the updates.
2016-12-8
Use props
cybaster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
United States

Peeewit Posted at 2016-12-8 21:41
I am running Sierra 10.12.1 on MacBook Pro.
While the DJI assistant 2 will recognise an attached controller or aircraft and advise on the current firmware level and suggest an up date, it just hangs at 0% if you start the update.
It looks like there is something wrong with the USB driver.

Seems like the same issue for me running 10.11 El Capbut i don't have access to a PC :/

DJI staff, help...
2016-12-8
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
United Kingdom

Quick question,

When updating the Mavic from the controller through the app... does it update BOTH the Mavic AND the Controller at the same time?

*DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac just gets stuck at 0% for both the mavic and controller so i can only update with my phone in the controller, which is why i want to check the above*
2016-12-8
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

During for the first minute of my first flight with V1.03 yesterday, the camera kept going out of focus.  I would hit the C1 key, the camera would go into focus after a few seconds, then immediately go out of focus.  This happened several times in a row.   After about the fourth time, it finally stayed in focus.  I also got the "high-wind" warning, but I think it was legit since I was flying at the beach in the afternoon.

During my second flight, I had no focus problems, and I didn't get a "high-wind" warning.
2016-12-9
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Linsenfest Posted at 2016-10-21 17:23
Hmm still no update on my ios app.
Or is this a mavic firmware update?

you have to go to the apple app iOS store get the new version of the dji go app version 4 and it will update the firmware, I did it yesterday, how are you doing Lin great to see you man, I am having a great time with my mavic man it is such a cool drone.

2016-12-9
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just gone to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2, and there is 2 seperate entries for the v1.03.000 firmware.  One dated for the 6th december.  And one for the 9th december.  Are these both the same?  Why have they got the same version number?
2016-12-9
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-9 03:46
Several flights with the latest firmware (only version I have flown with new Mavic) and a few thoughts:

1.  I received "Wind Warnings" my second day but they were appropriate.  The wind was obviously blowing and I got them when I popped above the tree line.  Flight later yesterday and today did not give any warnings as conditions were calm.

Re 3) have you tried opening the GO app before switching on the Mavic?
2016-12-9
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andy LIS Posted at 2016-12-9 09:52
Just gone to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2, and there is 2 seperate entries for the v1.03.000 firmware.  One dated for the 6th december.  And one for the 9th december.  Are these both the same?  Why have they got the same version number?

See.  I chose the 6th dec version, and updated.  Says it is current now, so I assume they are the same?

Andy
Capture.JPG
2016-12-9
Use props
MAvicMinh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319055 ft
Vietnam

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-10 11:47
Lower USB no longer works after updating. iPad mini 4 can't connect, had to connect iPhone

That's funny cause I upgraded via my mini4 and go4 app. All went smoothly and I be been flying without problem ever since
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

Maverikster Posted at 2016-12-9 05:01
Re 3) have you tried opening the GO app before switching on the Mavic?

I don't recall, but will try it that way.

Thanks!
2016-12-9
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

I went to iTunes but I couldn't find DJI Assistant 2 to download. I do have the DJI Go App on my iPhone, I'll have to use that.
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-9 16:28
I went to iTunes but I couldn't find DJI Assistant 2 to download. I do have the DJI Go App on my iPhone, I'll have to use that.

You have to pull it directly from DJI for the Mac.  Got to their download page.  You will also have to run as admin and give it permission.

Gary
2016-12-9
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-9 15:05
You have to pull it directly from DJI for the Mac.  Got to their download page.  You will also have to run as admin and give it permission.

Gary

Thanks! I'll give it a try. Just got my Mavic now.
2016-12-9
Use props
MAvicMinh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319055 ft
Vietnam

Nowhere in the title of this thread did I see the word'shipping'. You guys ruined a good,important and valid thread.
2016-12-9
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

Hello. Did 5 long flights today after upgrading firmware. I have huge issues with crashing of DJI GO 4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Really dont know how to solve this. Sometimes when I turn on the RC and open the DJI GO 4 app, it is still disconnected (I did not get a notice "RC connected"). Today I also experienced often disconnecting of RC and aircraft, getting 2x YELLOW flash and absolutely unable to get connected with the aircraft.

1) should I have turned on "USB debbuging" in my settings of mobile phone?
2) when turn on RC, it opened app and it is still disconnected (it started to charge the phone). Should I turn on the aircraft now? Because I dont know WHY it is not "RC connected" in my app
3) when I turn on aircraft - I got GO FLY and connected.4) immediately after take off I got a message "BATTERY ERROR" and disconnect.

can you help me how to upload my problematic flight (with yellow lights flashing) and periodic disconnecting and connecting to the RC? Thank you.
2016-12-10
Use props
Zygote
lvl.2

United States

So, just returned from a 48hr shift. Decided to just connect the controller to my Mavic and confirm everything was working correctly, it was. Then decided I'd try to connect my iPhone 6 Plus using the DJI GO 4 app once more before doing a factory reset. Phone connected immediately and everything appears to be working fine now, maybe she just needed a rest. Using the simulator for now until I'm totally familiar with the controls...can't wait to get her in the air but waited 8 weeks, can wait a little longer till I'm comfortable with her. Oh! Reason for the post...I did remove a lot of apps from my phone as it will be dedicated for Mavic use only, and did a reboot of the phone before connecting it to the controller. I'm assuming this maybe the reason my lack of being able to connect to the controller was resolved.
2016-12-10
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-21 09:55
OK, I see. That's because Mavic suddenly lost the VPS track, so it's trying to lower and "see" the ground better to regain the VPS. We changed that with the new firmware

DJI Thor,

I have a question - I have just received my mavic pro - updated to the newest firmware (09/12) 1.3.00v (i think) - is this update fixing all issues which people had with mavic? like spinning of death, rc loosing contol over the aircraft...just wondering...

thanks for answering..

Bart
2016-12-10
Use props
fans61d01291
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728970 ft
Finland

Hi from Finland!

I update new firmware and get same errors than many others too, compass error and high wind warning.
What i should do, i read other forum that some mavic has been sent to repair because those errors, it still feels to fly normal but...
And yes, errors come in sport mode.
2016-12-11
Use props
fansddb473cc
lvl.1

Germany

Hello, my dji mavic is running with this firmware. But if i use the sportmode there is an error with the battery. If i go forward an upward with the max speed for only some seconds the app shows "BATTERY ERROR". Is there somebody how has the same problem?
2016-12-11
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

Yes. Same battery error as I already said in previous message. But this error was immediately after take off, not only during full throttle.
2016-12-11
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Unchecked Posted at 2016-12-7 07:52
I first tried to updated from 1.02 to 1.03 on Dji Go 4 and failed 4 times consecutively. Tried to close the app and turn off everything but still no dice. It keeps getting stuck at 39%. Since after the first botched update, I couldn't get image transmission from the Mavic. It says "Air Encoder Error".

Tried on Dji Assistant 2. Straight up Update Failed at 0%. Did the whole factory reset thing. Even refreshed v1.02 and that failed at 0% too.

I encountered a problem on the iPhone as well. Absolutely would not do the update. I connected my iPad (via the USB) and the update went lickety-split.
2016-12-11
Use props
Ralphhu
lvl.1

United States

The update says better flying over water. Do you still recommend turning off VPS when flying over water?
2016-12-12
Use props
fans57a031e7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137448 ft
Netherlands

LukasBlecha Posted at 2016-12-8 17:12
I had 2 flights today with the newest firmware. Although there was no wind, I got warning "Large Wind Velocity" warning for 10 times. Dont know why. Also I have been disconnected twice from the RC, although aircraft was only 150 meters far. Returt to home has been engaged automatically.

Also been having the same problem after flying the Mavic yesterday, wind conditions were light and high wind warnings continued through the full flight. Also approx. 5 mins into each flight the camera view on the app totally disappeared although was able to return the drone back by RC.
2016-12-12
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

[size=14.6667px]Here is the video of Mavic hovering 2 meters from me, disconnected from RC, yellow blinking and unable to land. No RTH has been initiated. I had to wait about 5 minutes to get a connection.

2016-12-13
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update to latest firmware was successful. Turned off RC / AC then put AC outside for 1/2 hour did another IMU. Success!. Shut down, Restart and did automatic gimball calibration. Success!
Shut down then restart, asked for Compass Calib, did that then up, up and away.GPS, SPORT, ATTI, All A OK!
I am
2016-12-13
Use props
uQHluxUNYXUj
lvl.1
Australia

I've found that the mavic appears a lot more sluggish in the air with the new firmware, the auto focus fires off way too much now, and the high wind warnings are overkill.... I had a relatively calm day and kept getting wind notices.
2016-12-14
Use props
Loopee
lvl.2
Australia

Since upgrading to the newer firmware (V01.03.000) the camera will no longer focus (where nothing is in focus)

When using manual focus there is no change in the image, almost seems as if the focus is stuck

Tried rolling back to the previous firmware and still no change, and tried calibrating the camera, again no change

Is there a way to reset the camera / firmware?
2016-12-17
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

China

fans57a031e7 Posted at 2016-12-13 00:06
Also been having the same problem after flying the Mavic yesterday, wind conditions were light and high wind warnings continued through the full flight. Also approx. 5 mins into each flight the camera view on the app totally disappeared although was able to return the drone back by RC.

I yesterday had exactly same problem with a newly shipped Mavic and firmware / app on newest version. Kept on loosing video feed (sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few minutes).

see here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid610452
2016-12-18
Use props
Pallica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149042 ft
Czechia

Hello,

so i'm decided to downgrade firmware to previous version because battery error and immediately RTH. I think some new features in the new 1.03 version isn't enough for that,,,, sry
2016-12-18
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Only had one flight on the new firmware, and it's my first flight on a new Mavic from the repair center, but so far I've had no problems. (Haven't tried Sport mode yet, flew it gently, and upgraded firmware of controller and  Mavic together from DJI Assistant  2 v1.0.8 on Windows 10.)
2016-12-22
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

“1. Improved gimbal performance when flying in low temperatures. ”
Excellent timing. I was getting gimbal errors when I flew a few days ago.

I'd go test it, but it even colder now!
2016-12-25
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Firmware upgrade stuck at 73%.. How long should i wait ?
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules