New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update to latest firmware was successful. Turned off RC / AC then put AC outside for 1/2 hour did another IMU. Success!. Shut down, Restart and did automatic gimball calibration. Success!
Shut down then restart, asked for Compass Calib, did that then up, up and away.GPS, SPORT, ATTI, All A OK!
I am
2016-12-13
Use props
uQHluxUNYXUj
lvl.1
Australia

I've found that the mavic appears a lot more sluggish in the air with the new firmware, the auto focus fires off way too much now, and the high wind warnings are overkill.... I had a relatively calm day and kept getting wind notices.
2016-12-14
Use props
Loopee
lvl.2
Australia

Since upgrading to the newer firmware (V01.03.000) the camera will no longer focus (where nothing is in focus)

When using manual focus there is no change in the image, almost seems as if the focus is stuck

Tried rolling back to the previous firmware and still no change, and tried calibrating the camera, again no change

Is there a way to reset the camera / firmware?
2016-12-17
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

China

fans57a031e7 Posted at 2016-12-13 00:06
Also been having the same problem after flying the Mavic yesterday, wind conditions were light and high wind warnings continued through the full flight. Also approx. 5 mins into each flight the camera view on the app totally disappeared although was able to return the drone back by RC.

I yesterday had exactly same problem with a newly shipped Mavic and firmware / app on newest version. Kept on loosing video feed (sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few minutes).

see here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid610452
2016-12-18
Use props
Pallica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149042 ft
Czechia

Hello,

so i'm decided to downgrade firmware to previous version because battery error and immediately RTH. I think some new features in the new 1.03 version isn't enough for that,,,, sry
2016-12-18
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Only had one flight on the new firmware, and it's my first flight on a new Mavic from the repair center, but so far I've had no problems. (Haven't tried Sport mode yet, flew it gently, and upgraded firmware of controller and  Mavic together from DJI Assistant  2 v1.0.8 on Windows 10.)
2016-12-22
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

“1. Improved gimbal performance when flying in low temperatures. ”
Excellent timing. I was getting gimbal errors when I flew a few days ago.

I'd go test it, but it even colder now!
2016-12-25
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Firmware upgrade stuck at 73%.. How long should i wait ?
2016-12-25
Use props
m1xzg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mayoo Posted at 2016-12-26 07:18

I'm just about to start my updates... have you managed to succeed?
2016-12-26
Use props
BMSweb
New
Flight distance : 83035 ft
Australia

Mayoo Posted at 2016-12-26 15:18

Exactly the same problem here. Been stuck on 73% now for 30mins or so. Any thoughts? Will I brick the mavic if I power down and restart?
2016-12-26
Use props
m1xzg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BMSweb Posted at 2016-12-26 09:19
Exactly the same problem here. Been stuck on 73% now for 30mins or so. Any thoughts? Will I brick the mavic if I power down and restart?

How are you guys upgrading yours?   I'm using DJI Assistant 2 right now.  Remote went nice and quickly and working on the mavic now currently at 54%.. getting a bit nervous that 2 of you are having an issue..
2016-12-26
Use props
m1xzg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

m1xzg Posted at 2016-12-26 09:27
How are you guys upgrading yours?   I'm using DJI Assistant 2 right now.  Remote went nice and quickly and working on the mavic now currently at 54%.. getting a bit nervous that 2 of you are having an issue..

Just an update, I've completed the upgrade of both the mavic and remote to 1.03.0200 successfully using DJI Assistant 2 .. Didn't take that long either, under 10 mins for sure.  

Good luck with yours guys I hope it will complete.
2016-12-26
Use props
Beninspain
lvl.2

Spain

much faster on assistant - gave up doing it from my iphone
2016-12-26
Use props
m1xzg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Beninspain Posted at 2016-12-26 09:37
much faster on assistant - gave up doing it from my iphone

Even the download of the firmware on my phone (Galaxy S7) was painfully slow..
2016-12-26
Use props
BMSweb
New
Australia

m1xzg Posted at 2016-12-26 17:27

Got in contact with DJI Support and they said use the DJI Assistant, so I assume you should be good. Was also told to shut down the Mavic, format the memory card and start again with the Assistant. Will download it now and try again
2016-12-26
Use props
frnk42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166631 ft
Germany

BMSweb Posted at 2016-12-26 10:56
Got in contact with DJI Support and they said use the DJI Assistant, so I assume you should be good. Was also told to shut down the Mavic, format the memory card and start again with the Assistant. Will download it now and try again

Mine got stuck at 73% (iPhone). Restarted Mavic and RC. It said Upgrade failed. I retried and everything went smooth.
2016-12-26
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep it failed using the app, using iOS device here! Now recovering with Assistant! Which went nuts when I started seems happy enough now. Screen switching between down loading and updating the. It settled down into updating. Up until now had more success with that app as I find the assistant flakey on my MacBook.
2016-12-26
Use props
rt60
lvl.2
Flight distance : 951096 ft
Australia

Just updated from the Android 4 app and it all went fine. Only calibrated the gimbal and controller and will probably calibrate the compass before flying next. Reluctant to calibrate the IMU unless prompted.
2016-12-26
Use props
C-123 & C-130 G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

As with many others my upgrade jammed up 73%. I disconnected and rebooted the controller in the aircraft then continued the installation successfully. Let's go see how it flies!
update: this afternoon I flew for about an hour and was very pleased with the improved gimbal stability. I flew with the crystal cover on and off and I'm happy that flights with the crystal off were free of Jell-O and of course, free of the reflection problem we get with the crystal. Temperature was 20° F and I flew with the batteries kept warm before flight and there seem to be no reduction in flight time due to the cold.

2016-12-26
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

No issue updating here from my ipad mini
2016-12-26
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I *think* mine was okay. It got stuck on the first battery at 99%. I turned both the Mavic and the remote off. When I turned them back on, it said it was complete. The second battery seemed to update without issue.

It might be a week or so before I can test it. Weather, travel plans, etc.
2016-12-26
Use props
BMSweb
New
Australia

OK now this is interesting, couldn't update the Mavic via the iOS App, but installed the Assistant and that did the trick. Tried to update the RC Controller via the Assistant and that kept failing. Tried via the iOS App and now that's also updated. Interesting device to fly . . well you don't seem to really fly it but rather tell it what you want it to do.
2016-12-26
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

update done via APP 4 and one plus 3 mobile phone on the first run - no issues.

actually i wanted to fly today when the update promt came when setting everything up - so I just did it right away.
Also during flying - no issues, all stable with the new firmware.

compass re calibrated - nothing else done.
2016-12-26
Use props
Aqui
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56542 ft
China

Got scared a bit during update. Process got stuck at 73% and wouldn't make any progress. When my Mavic battery went down to 10% I decided to shut it down by myself before the batter runs out. Kept my fingers crossed and restarted the RC and then started Mavic with a new battery and then voila - shortly after RC reconnected it shows UPDATING message again even before I had time to launch DJI Go 4 App and finished the update. Now all is good.
2016-12-26
Use props
user3db76ba122
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31703 ft
United States

Update seems frozen at 73% - trying it again
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

user3db76ba122 Posted at 2016-12-26 07:50
Update seems frozen at 73% - trying it again

Did you get it updated?
Mine  stopped at 77% but after about 10 seconds it jumped to 81% then completed just fine.
If anyone has troubles, you can install the update from the Assistant2 or reattempt from the app on your device.
You need a good internet connection while the update is downloading from the internet to your device.
2016-12-26
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-26 17:26
Did you get it updated?
Mine  stopped at 77% but after about 10 seconds it jumped to 81% then completed just fine.
If anyone has troubles, you can install the update from the Assistant2 or reattempt from the app on your device.

Hi Ken,

for me it did take 5 tries until I was able to update via the App. It stock at 43 and 73% before.

I also tried to update with the Assistant, but after downloading the Firmware, the Assistant started the installation, but did not move from 0% to 1% and stopped after 2 or 3 minutes saying Update fehlgeschlagen. I  would like to know, why it doesn't work with the Assistant?

I am at home and do have a good internet connection?

Thx and KR
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-26 09:32
Hi Ken,

for me it did take 5 tries until I was able to update via the App. It stock at 43 and 73% before.

Ok, glad it updated.
Was it getting stuck downloading from the internet or uploading to your aircraft?
At least it's done now, sorry you had trouble.
2016-12-26
Use props
Bursky
lvl.2

Canada

Updated via the app with iPhone 6s Plus. No issues at all, took under 5 mins I would say.
2016-12-26
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-26 17:41
Ok, glad it updated.
Was it getting stuck downloading from the internet or uploading to your aircraft?
At least it's done now, sorry you had trouble.

it stuck uploading to the aircraft
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-26 09:44
it stuck uploading to the aircraft

Ok, thanks.
I'm not sure why that happened.
2016-12-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Yep, ONLY use DJI Assistant 2 for ALL firmware updates for the Mavic and the R/C.  This update DID take an extremely long time on the Mavic.  The R/C was quick.  Most settings in the Mavic were reset this time, too.

DJI GO 4 won't even tell you about most updates (usually all, but random).  I only find out by checking www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads and checking "RELEASE NOTES" for an updated date.

I'm on a Samsung S5.  

2016-12-26
Use props
nigelwalsh
New

United Kingdom

Worked second time for me - stuck at 73% first time, rebooted and then fine.
2016-12-26
Use props
FedsRevenge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2487 ft
Norway

npole Posted at 2016-10-21 13:28
Anyone got the Combo (not just the Mav) shipped yet in Europe? I only see the drone only confirmations...?

Got my combo three days ago, Norway... Everything was in the package
2016-12-26
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

Download was taking forever via iOS.  Much better with assistant 2.

Someone in this thread mentioned updating for each battery?  Is this necessary?
2016-12-26
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2016-12-26 19:03
Download was taking forever via iOS.  Much better with assistant 2.

Someone in this thread mentioned updating for each battery?  Is this necessary?

Yes, you need to update each battery
2016-12-26
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

Any chance we can start a FRESH thread for each firmware upgrade?  That way we can quickly see what, if any, issues there are with the latest firmware rather than having to go to the end and work backwards and figure out where the "current" firmware begins and the last firmware ended?

Just a thought.

Gary.
2016-12-26
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Just upgraded the remote with DJI Ass  2 and that went fine.  First attempt at the Mavic and it said 100% but when DJI Ass 2 refreshed, it still shows as needing the upgrade.  Relaunched the app and still shows needing the upgrade so here we go with attempt #2.
Had a lot of disconnects and reconnects at the end of the upgrades.  The Mavic reboots a few times too.  I get Update complete and then go back to the Firmware List and it now shows current version of 1.03.02.  It would be nice if the blue Upgrade box would go away as that is a bit confusing because to me it appears that I still need to upgrade if I didn't actually read the Current Version.
2016-12-26
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

Any feedback from guys with the jelly video?!  Solved now?
2016-12-26
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Also, can we get some info on the cinematic mode that was added in this firmware?  It was already added in the latest app updates so I'm just curious as to what this firmware is adding/changing.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules