New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blade Breaker 0
lvl.2

United States

Update worked fine for me using Ipad mini 2. Less than 10 minutes for AC and RC.
2016-12-26
Use props
czkidd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 991 ft
United States

Strange.  I updated on the 24th.  Having issues with some things, so I thought, I got the new firmware then, I suppose.  Went to update today, said I was updated.  checked the v no. and i was updated.  thought I saw that cinematic mode in there.  Oh well.  Just throwing it out there.  No issues.  
2016-12-26
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Had the update hang at 73% hang when updating via DJI Go 4 on my iPhone 6.  Rebooted everything and this time the update went fine.  It was 32 degrees F outside and did a test flight with with no time from leaving my warm house to equilibrate to the outside temps. The video was perfect without doing any waiting.  I am not sure if 32 degrees is cold enough to produce the problem but I had some jello for a while until the Mavic had some time to adjust to the outside temps before the upgrade so I suspect this may have improved that issue. I am VERY happy about that!
2016-12-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Mavic Pro updated fine using the Go App. iPhone 7, once everything was up to date I shut everything off and restarted again. Please note that many of the settings will need to be entered back the way you want them.  I usually always check every setting to be on the safe side.  

IMG_8195.PNG

Rich
2016-12-26
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-27 03:26
Ok, thanks.
I'm not sure why that happened.

Ken - just updated using DJI assistant and all appears ok. In my RC its showing the correct version number for the App and Aircraft.  But against the RC its showing "version unknown".
Otherwise the app shows everything is up to date. Had a 5 minute flight under the veranda and all looks ok.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
2016-12-26
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Can someone could tell me why it show 1.03.0200- ? What's the minus sign? I have seen this already in other screenshot. Thanks a lot.

Also at the moment I'm not able to re-upload the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac. Can someone help?
2016-12-27
Use props
fansc06d2ab3
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Great!
2016-12-27
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2016-12-27 03:13
Had the update hang at 73% hang when updating via DJI Go 4 on my iPhone 6.  Rebooted everything and this time the update went fine.  It was 32 degrees F outside and did a test flight with with no time from leaving my warm house to equilibrate to the outside temps. The video was perfect without doing any waiting.  I am not sure if 32 degrees is cold enough to produce the problem but I had some jello for a while until the Mavic had some time to adjust to the outside temps before the upgrade so I suspect this may have improved that issue. I am VERY happy about that!

Same here with iPhone 6s.

Thanks for your post, otherwise I would have waited for ages.

BR
Alexander
Munich/Germany
2016-12-27
Use props
ClancyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296053 ft
United States

My process also hung at 73% using an ipad mini 3.  Restarted everything and it jumped right back into the upgrade and completed successfully.   I am also showing 1.03.0200- on the aircraft, but 1.03.0200 on the R/C.
2016-12-27
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Updated yesterday, Be careful , I recognized today during test flight, that update switched on "Propeller Cage" resulting in an unstable flight, Was gone after switch off

KR
Peter
2016-12-27
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-27 12:27
Updated yesterday, Be careful , I recognized today during test flight, that update switched on "Propeller Cage" resulting in an unstable flight, Was gone after switch off

KR

What is propellor cage ? and where is the option for this ?
updated today through DJI assistant 2,  all good,  but had some hang ups calibrating RC sticks, i took too long and then it sort of messed up,  so i powered everything off and redone it, i think its ok as the text is messed up because it says click "finish" and i could only find "Done" and a few other anomolies similar.

2016-12-27
Use props
RWJorg
lvl.2
United States

Updating via computer it keeps telling me that an update is needed. Restarted / updated and still showing me firmware needs to be update.
2016-12-27
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Really could do with some information on DJI Go 4 app,  does any one know where there is info on this app ?   95% of it is mostly intuative coming from Aspire 1 v2.0 and locked app at v3.0.0  ,  but it would be really nice if there was some true explanations for the features, so a calculated/understanding descision could be made to have an item "On" or Off"
2016-12-27
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RWJorg Posted at 2016-12-27 14:17
Updating via computer it keeps telling me that an update is needed. Restarted / updated and still showing me firmware needs to be update.

Have you swapped batteries since the update ?   as i done this and it needs updating again with every battery you have.  as it appears the batteries update is a integral part of the aircraft firmwares update,  i just rerun the assistant 2 mavic update with each battery in place,   now this is not written anywhere i can see,  but just reading the forums and this self help group.  be great if assisant 2 had a tab on it for batteries so that you could actually see whats going on,  rather than guess it works.
2016-12-27
Use props
RWJorg
lvl.2
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-27 08:22
Have you swapped batteries since the update ?   as i done this and it needs updating again with every battery you have.  as it appears the batteries update is a integral part of the aircraft firmwares update,  i just rerun the assistant 2 mavic update with each battery in place,   now this is not written anywhere i can see,  but just reading the forums and this self help group.  be great if assisant 2 had a tab on it for batteries so that you could actually see whats going on,  rather than guess it works.

Yup. Swapped out all 3 batteries. No resolve
Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 8.47.50 AM.png
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Auspete Posted at 2016-12-26 23:33
Ken - just updated using DJI assistant and all appears ok. In my RC its showing the correct version number for the App and Aircraft.  But against the RC its showing "version unknown".
Otherwise the app shows everything is up to date. Had a 5 minute flight under the veranda and all looks ok.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

It may say that for a while until you have a good internet connection.
Post if tomorrow if it still says this.
You can connect the RC to the Assistant2 and refresh the firmware if it stays that way.
2016-12-27
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

what was the camera color issue?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CC8877 Posted at 2016-12-27 01:39
Can someone could tell me why it show 1.03.0200- ? What's the minus sign? I have seen this already in other screenshot. Thanks a lot.

Also at the moment I'm not able to re-upload the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac. Can someone help?

The minus should go away in time, mine still shows it as well.
There's no need to refresh the firmware.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ClancyO Posted at 2016-12-27 05:21
My process also hung at 73% using an ipad mini 3.  Restarted everything and it jumped right back into the upgrade and completed successfully.   I am also showing 1.03.0200- on the aircraft, but 1.03.0200 on the R/C.

Mine shows that as well, it is ok.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-27 07:20
Really could do with some information on DJI Go 4 app,  does any one know where there is info on this app ?   95% of it is mostly intuative coming from Aspire 1 v2.0 and locked app at v3.0.0  ,  but it would be really nice if there was some true explanations for the features, so a calculated/understanding descision could be made to have an item "On" or Off"

What information are you looking for?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RWJorg Posted at 2016-12-27 07:39

In the about page in the app and connected to the aircraft what does the firmware say ?
2016-12-27
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Thank you very much Ken.

Best
Claudio.
2016-12-27
Use props
RWJorg
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-27 10:34
In the about page in the app and connected to the aircraft what does the firmware say ?

that's what's weird, it shows the latest version (with the - sign of course)
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RWJorg Posted at 2016-12-27 10:12
that's what's weird, it shows the latest version (with the - sign of course)

Them you are ok, I wouldn't worry about it.
2016-12-27
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

RWJorg Posted at 2016-12-27 08:39

OK, listen.

The batteries need a firmware update too.  Keep the Mavic connected to the PC and power off, swap the battery and power on.  When you reconnect to the DJI assistant 2, that's exactly the screen you should see.  Update again and it will go very quickly because it's only doing the battery.

Do this process for each battery.

It's working.  You just need to complete it all.
2016-12-27
Use props
dselec
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Updated this morning via the dji Go 4 app, updated my extra two batteries.
First flight I only went right up to about 60 to 70 meters and the drone disconnected. I pushed rth and it landed fine.

Restarted everything a d flew fine after but saw the same thing on Facebook forums so hope it's not a new bug.
2016-12-27
Use props
RWJorg
lvl.2
United States

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2016-12-27 11:54
OK, listen.

The batteries need a firmware update too.  Keep the Mavic connected to the PC and power off, swap the battery and power on.  When you reconnect to the DJI assistant 2, that's exactly the screen you should see.  Update again and it will go very quickly because it's only doing the battery.

No, you listen. Don't tell me how to update a firmware. This ain't my first rodeo. Good day
2016-12-27
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

New Patch?

any news on the auto crash fix patch for this update?
as mentioned in below

Mavic - IMU Failure and Crash on Auto Take-Off

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid621559
2016-12-27
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

RWJorg Posted at 2016-12-27 13:02
No, you listen. Don't tell me how to update a firmware. This ain't my first rodeo. Good day

Maybe he is saying this incase others didn't know exactly. Don't take it personal.
2016-12-27
Use props
ton848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120492 ft
Netherlands

Got stuck at 73% too. (ios) .. restarted everything twice, then everything went fine. .. thanks to all the people reporting this issue... otherwise I would've been waiting forever.. :-)
2016-12-27
Use props
czkidd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 991 ft
United States

banned Posted at 2016-10-21 06:09
If really first come/first serve there's hope for me

Ordered my combo 10.16.16 and received 12.08.16.  Must be longer wait times in Europe?
2016-12-27
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2016-12-27 10:13

I'm updating via an IPad Air and it's been stuck at 73% for about 15 minutes.  How long did you give it?  Any particular order to end the current update?  Three parts, which order?

IPAD -  Kill app
MAVIC. Power down
Controller. Power Down

So, any particular order?  
2016-12-27
Use props
fans1f4a3127
Second Officer
Germany

I have Updatet with Assistent 2.
Update says its 100 Prozent Ok.
When i start the Mavic i becom on first start Firmware issius.
When i start a second Time he says its ok.
On all starts my Gimbal bring an error, when i Clabriate and fly its all ok.

Greetz Pyroschnüfller
2016-12-27
Use props
Ricardo Marques
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635722 ft
United States

My gimbal is super unstable after this firmware update, but only in sports mode. There was a moderate amount of wind (10-15 mph) and it was about 32F out, 20 or so with wind chill. The camera will make very abrupt adjustments when the drone wasn't even struggling with the wind.
2016-12-27
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-28 02:59
It may say that for a while until you have a good internet connection.
Post if tomorrow if it still says this.
You can connect the RC to the Assistant2 and refresh the firmware if it stays that way.

All fixed Ken
Deleted the Go4 app.  then reinstalled and all ok now
thanks
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Auspete Posted at 2016-12-27 18:16
All fixed Ken
Deleted the Go4 app.  then reinstalled and all ok now
thanks

OK, good. Thanks for reporting.
2016-12-27
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2016-12-28 05:36
I'm updating via an IPad Air and it's been stuck at 73% for about 15 minutes.  How long did you give it?  Any particular order to end the current update?  Three parts, which order?

IPAD -  Kill app

So, using the dji go 4 app on an ipad air, it hung at 73%.  I powered off the craft, controller, and app and then restarted 1) craft, 2) controller, 3) app and it finished the update in less than a minute.  
2016-12-27
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

dselec Posted at 2016-12-28 04:31
Updated this morning via the dji Go 4 app, updated my extra two batteries.
First flight I only went right up to about 60 to 70 meters and the drone disconnected. I pushed rth and it landed fine.

You have probably read about this but if the App continues to disconnect, trying taking out the short DJI cable and replacing with another cable from your phone/tablet to the USB port on the bottom of the RC
Resolved the problem for me
2016-12-27
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

So I updated through DJI assistant 2 and I made sure to put in my 3 batteries. when I went to tested after updating it said I still had to update it on the app not sure why so I updated it again so far so good everything looks good except i had to adjust the gimbal tilt which is no big deal but I wasn't able to fly it though because I was indoors and it's too late to fly both indoor and outdoor so I will have to do a test flight tomorrow but my updates went fine just not sure why I had to update it twice. I did not get any Hang-Ups but I did notice that my RC doesn't drain as fast as it used to I also use a different phone my old Galaxy Note 4 I'm not sure if that has to do with that but normally I use my Nexus 5X
2016-12-27
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

Hi, does some upgrade info stored also in batteries?
Because yesterday I made the upgrade using DJI Go 4 app, everything ok, when I changed the battery with my second one, the app warned me about inconsisent firmware
So everytime I updgrade the firmware I have to connect all my batteries to complete the upgrade?

It's so strange because with the the previous upgrade  i didn't had this problem
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules