New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f4a3127
Second Officer
Germany

I have Updatet with Assistent 2.
Update says its 100 Prozent Ok.
When i start the Mavic i becom on first start Firmware issius.
When i start a second Time he says its ok.
On all starts my Gimbal bring an error, when i Clabriate and fly its all ok.

Greetz Pyroschnüfller
2016-12-27
Use props
Ricardo Marques
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635722 ft
United States

My gimbal is super unstable after this firmware update, but only in sports mode. There was a moderate amount of wind (10-15 mph) and it was about 32F out, 20 or so with wind chill. The camera will make very abrupt adjustments when the drone wasn't even struggling with the wind.
2016-12-27
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-28 02:59
It may say that for a while until you have a good internet connection.
Post if tomorrow if it still says this.
You can connect the RC to the Assistant2 and refresh the firmware if it stays that way.

All fixed Ken
Deleted the Go4 app.  then reinstalled and all ok now
thanks
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Auspete Posted at 2016-12-27 18:16
All fixed Ken
Deleted the Go4 app.  then reinstalled and all ok now
thanks

OK, good. Thanks for reporting.
2016-12-27
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2016-12-28 05:36
I'm updating via an IPad Air and it's been stuck at 73% for about 15 minutes.  How long did you give it?  Any particular order to end the current update?  Three parts, which order?

IPAD -  Kill app

So, using the dji go 4 app on an ipad air, it hung at 73%.  I powered off the craft, controller, and app and then restarted 1) craft, 2) controller, 3) app and it finished the update in less than a minute.  
2016-12-27
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dselec Posted at 2016-12-28 04:31
Updated this morning via the dji Go 4 app, updated my extra two batteries.
First flight I only went right up to about 60 to 70 meters and the drone disconnected. I pushed rth and it landed fine.

You have probably read about this but if the App continues to disconnect, trying taking out the short DJI cable and replacing with another cable from your phone/tablet to the USB port on the bottom of the RC
Resolved the problem for me
2016-12-27
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

So I updated through DJI assistant 2 and I made sure to put in my 3 batteries. when I went to tested after updating it said I still had to update it on the app not sure why so I updated it again so far so good everything looks good except i had to adjust the gimbal tilt which is no big deal but I wasn't able to fly it though because I was indoors and it's too late to fly both indoor and outdoor so I will have to do a test flight tomorrow but my updates went fine just not sure why I had to update it twice. I did not get any Hang-Ups but I did notice that my RC doesn't drain as fast as it used to I also use a different phone my old Galaxy Note 4 I'm not sure if that has to do with that but normally I use my Nexus 5X
2016-12-27
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

Hi, does some upgrade info stored also in batteries?
Because yesterday I made the upgrade using DJI Go 4 app, everything ok, when I changed the battery with my second one, the app warned me about inconsisent firmware
So everytime I updgrade the firmware I have to connect all my batteries to complete the upgrade?

It's so strange because with the the previous upgrade  i didn't had this problem
2016-12-28
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Donachy : Yes.
2016-12-28
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

Ok, Thanks a lot
2016-12-28
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-27 16:33
What information are you looking for?

Hi Ken,  i am looking for explanations on "DJI GO 4" app  i am would like to read up about settings, without having to have my mavic sat live beside me, just trying to work it out "Live"

1)  Video cam settings, what each of the video sub modes do,  they all appear to have names now, ( i would like to know what they do and why are there so many ?  if A) has a green preference,  or b) saturates the colour more etc

2) what are the real explanation of the intelligent flight modes, i and many others think they know what they do,  but what are the restrictions on each mode,  and which modes should be used for which tasks and what are their limitations in that mode ?   

3) the video rate transmission ?  i have two different devices and both default to different rates,  one chooses 3.2mps and the other 2.9 mps ,  what is the advantage of increasing the number and decreasing it,  i can guess like many others,  but to know for sure if reducing this rate to 1.5 makes it easier for the app at distance to reduce lag or is it increasing the number increases the quality ? but reduces the effective distance ?

4) what general settings give most robust link at distance even if quality of video suffers on device attached to controller?

5) what does cinematic mode actually do ?

it would be great if DJI offered a wiki or something on the app to explain each of the settings,  and as the app matures so more items are added by DJI, and then a simple explanation of the new addition would be easy
2016-12-28
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Auspete Posted at 2016-12-28 05:10
You have probably read about this but if the App continues to disconnect, trying taking out the short DJI cable and replacing with another cable from your phone/tablet to the USB port on the bottom of the RC
Resolved the problem for me

does any one know where you can get good quality, short, flexible micro usb cables with that right angle bend out of the controller,  i have started using a android small tablet  so would need to be at least 200mm long,   and this same issue plagued quite a few DJI Inspire pilots too, including myself,  if now i was experiencing issues i would swap out the cable,   but a straight out cable really gets in the way
2016-12-28
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-28 10:37
does any one know where you can get good quality, short, flexible micro usb cables with that right angle bend out of the controller,  i have started using a android small tablet  so would need to be at least 200mm long,   and this same issue plagued quite a few DJI Inspire pilots too, including myself,  if now i was experiencing issues i would swap out the cable,   but a straight out cable really gets in the way

If you search Amazon for "right angle USB" you'll get a lot of choices.  You might actually want to look specifically into adapters as opposed to actual cables.  I use a right angle adapter and a coiled USB cable for a similar purpose (not related to DJI, but still...) and it works great.  I guess I like the adapters because it serves multiple functions and cables break a lot easier.

But umm, you'd need something special here.  If you're talking about coming out of the side USB port, so at the very least you'd need a miocro-USB to micro-USB connector, and that's going to be pretty rare.  Coming out of the standard port at the bottom of the controller seems a lot easier then routing behind the tablet to the tablet's port.
2016-12-28
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

In lieu of a real manual, a WIKI would be great.
2016-12-28
Use props
Nifty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80138 ft
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-26 14:55
Please read:  For those who don't have time to dig through the thread, perform the following for the 12/26 Firmware Update...

- There is a new DJI Assistant 2 (12/15).  Upgrade to it!

Took far too long to find a post like this. Thank you very much!
2016-12-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-28 08:37

I have had some great experiences with Cambond brand cables. I use iPad and iPhone devices but they make one for Android in this link
https://www.amazon.com/Universal ... les+dji+for+android

Rich
2016-12-28
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks to reply re micro usb cables,    also am i to believe that the bottom full sized USB is no longer available with the latest firmwares ?   or have i got that wrong ?
2016-12-28
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-28 22:01
Thanks to reply re micro usb cables,    also am i to believe that the bottom full sized USB is no longer available with the latest firmwares ?   or have i got that wrong ?

Hi !
Thats wrong, but it only works if you really unplug the side micro USB !

Nils
2016-12-28
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

Nifty Posted at 2016-12-28 15:38
Took far too long to find a post like this. Thank you very much!

Glad I could help.

Now, if we could just get a fresh thread for each update...
2016-12-28
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-28 21:08
Glad I could help.

Now, if we could just get a fresh thread for each update...

agreed... I complained about this a few firmware updates ago.  Most members shot me down.  Sure makes sense to me to start a new thread for each firmware update so people don't have to figure out what page the new information begins.
2016-12-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-10-21 03:29
Thanks for the release notes, hope to see an downloadable manual really soon so I can start reading. Also thanks to you and your colleagues for the hard work and fixing issues.

You can download the manual here: http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2016-12-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

Linsenfest Posted at 2016-10-21 01:23
Hmm still no update on my ios app.
Or is this a mavic firmware update?

It looks like it's an update to DJI GO 4 and a firmware update. However, you may already have the latest/greatest version on you iOS app, depending on when you last updated DJI GO 4. On my Android device, I already had the latest version of DJI GO 4.

DJI Assistant 2 will let you know if you are up to date with respect to firmware.
2016-12-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

I updated to the latest firmware version then was unable to connect the RC to the Mavic. Yes I restarted both (several times). It appears to connect, then drop the connection, then try to reconnect. I'll downgrade back to V01.03.0000 to see if that fixes things.
2016-12-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-29 16:46
I updated to the latest firmware version then was unable to connect the RC to the Mavic. Yes I restarted both (several times). It appears to connect, then drop the connection, then try to reconnect. I'll downgrade back to V01.03.0000 to see if that fixes things.

After updating to the latest  FW you lost connection. Did you try to relink the Mavic to the remote?  Sometimes this has happened to me with the Inspire 1 after updating the FW

Rich
2016-12-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-28 13:01

Actually everything is working but only one USB device can be plugged in at a time. You have to unplug the side connection before using the lower USB connection then you are good to go

Rich
2016-12-29
Use props
fansbdd16ecf
lvl.1

United States

OK, Just got my Mavic pro and went to update the firmware via my Mac and the DJI assistant just sits on this screen.
/Users/emilesmith/Desktop/Screenshot 2016-12-29 22.19.39.jpg
I have tried connecting the magic first, starting the app later, and the same with the remote control and can't get any further. The video tutorial makes it seem so easy. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks!
Screenshot 2016-12-29 22.19.39.jpg
2016-12-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-29 16:56
After updating to the latest  FW you lost connection. Did you try to relink the Mavic to the remote?  Sometimes this has happened to me with the Inspire 1 after updating the FW

Rich

Good question. Just how do I bind the RC with the aircraft? I'm assuming that's done "at the factory", but what if I get a new RC, etc?

UPDATE: After downgrading to the previous FW update, I was still having trouble retaining a connection between the RC and the Mavic. I'm doing all this in my office, where there is a lot of potential interference. I'll try to connect outside later this morning (after the sun comes up). I'll report back with my findings.
2016-12-30
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

fansbdd16ecf Posted at 2016-12-29 22:26
OK, Just got my Mavic pro and went to update the firmware via my Mac and the DJI assistant just sits on this screen.
/Users/emilesmith/Desktop/Screenshot 2016-12-29 22.19.39.jpg
I have tried connecting the magic first, starting the app later, and the same with the remote control and can't get any further. The video tutorial makes it seem so easy. What am I doing wrong???

I had a similar problem yesterday, but it finally did connect and A2 did recognize the aircraft (or what it the RC?). I'm sorry I don't recall the exact sequence, but keep trying and be sure to wait a bit for drivers to load, etc.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-30 07:40
Good question. Just how do I bind the RC with the aircraft? I'm assuming that's done "at the factory", but what if I get a new RC, etc?

UPDATE: After downgrading to the previous FW update, I was still having trouble retaining a connection between the RC and the Mavic. I'm doing all this in my office, where there is a lot of potential interference. I'll try to connect outside later this morning (after the sun comes up). I'll report back with my findings.

The linking procedure is in the manual on page 36.https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20161226/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf
Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 10.02.28 AM.png
2016-12-30
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-30 07:43
I had a similar problem yesterday, but it finally did connect and A2 did recognize the aircraft (or what it the RC?). I'm sorry I don't recall the exact sequence, but keep trying and be sure to wait a bit for drivers to load, etc.

Here's the connection sequence that just worked for me (Windows 7 Pro, Assistant 2 V 1.0.8, FW V 01.03.0000):

1. Start with Mavic off, USB disconnected from Mavic and PC, gimbal clamp off.
2. Plug in USB cable to Mavic.
3. Start Mavic; wait for it to perform all its tests, etc.
4. Start Assistant 2 (A2).
5. Plug in USB to PC.
6. Ignore warning about scanning/fixing SD card.
7. Mavic Pro icon will appear in A2 as a connected device.
8. Do stuff....
9. Exit A2.
10. Disconnect USB from PC.
11. Shut down Mavic.
12. Remove USB from Mavic.

I'm guessing that the order of steps 9 - 12 isn't that important.

UPDATE:  The sequence to get the RC to connect to A2 is a little different.

1. Start with RC off, USB disconnected from RC and PC.
2. Plug in USB cable to RC.
3. Plug in USB to PC; you'll likely see the "CHARGING" light up on the RC.
4. Start Assistant 2 (A2).
5. Start RC.
6. RC for Mavic Pro icon will appear in A2 as a connected device.
7. Do stuff....
2016-12-30
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-30 09:02
The linking procedure is in the manual on page 36.https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20161226/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf

Thanks DJI-Ken... I should RRTFM (Re-Read The...etc).
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-30 09:14
Thanks DJI-Ken... I should RRTFM (Re-Read The...etc).

No problem at all
60 pages is quite a bit to remember, I've read it about 20 times and have all DJI manuals printed out in a binder and I still need to use it sometimes for reference.
2016-12-30
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Griffith Posted at 2016-12-28 09:16
In lieu of a real manual, a WIKI would be great.

That's a really good idea.
2016-12-30
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-30 07:40

UPDATE: I just (re) updated to the new FW v01.03.0200 and retried connecting OUTSIDE this time and had zero issues flying (i.e., everything I tested worked normally).  I'll chaulk up my connection issues to something else as-of-yet unknown.  Here's all the info on what I'm running to let folks know what DID work:

Upgraded firmware on both Mavic Pro and RC for Mavic Pro from v01.03.0000 to v01.03.0200
Assistant 2 v1.0.8 on Window 7 Professional
DJI GO 4 v4.0.1 on Android v6.0.1, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

2016-12-30
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-30 09:30
No problem at all
60 pages is quite a bit to remember, I've read it about 20 times and have all DJI manuals printed out in a binder and I still need to use it sometimes for reference.

Heh... that manual that came with the Mavic is a bit tiny, so I have done the same... printed out the PDF versions of both the quick start guide and the full manual.

Mavic Manual(s) (pen for scale)

Mavic Manual(s) (pen for scale)
2016-12-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-30 09:54
UPDATE: I just (re) updated to the new FW v01.03.0200 and retried connecting OUTSIDE this time and had zero issues flying (i.e., everything I tested worked normally).  I'll chaulk up my connection issues to something else as-of-yet unknown.  Here's all the info on what I'm running to let folks know what DID work:

Upgraded firmware on both Mavic Pro and RC for Mavic Pro from v01.03.0000 to v01.03.0200

Glad you got things working and you will starting enjoying the Mavic's flying capabilities . Looking at your FW information it appears the Mavic is not on the latest version but the RC is. Look at the screen shot showing the latest FW versions

IMG_8195.PNG

PS: just curious ...  did you ever try relinking the Mavic using the instructions Ken provided from the manual?

Rich
2016-12-30
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-30 10:21
Glad you got things working and you will starting enjoying the Mavic's flying capabilities . Looking at your FW information it appears the Mavic is not on the latest version but the RC is. Look at the screen shot showing the latest FW versions

[view_image]

After everything worked without re-binding, I didn't try Ken's suggestion. However, I'm going to keep that in my back pocket, so to speak. Good info to have handy.

I may have mis-typed somewhere... both the RC and the Mavic are now running the current release of the FW.

And FWIW, the Mavic flies like a dream! A GOOD dream!
2016-12-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-30 10:52
After everything worked without re-binding, I didn't try Ken's suggestion. However, I'm going to keep that in my back pocket, so to speak. Good info to have handy.

I may have mis-typed somewhere... both the RC and the Mavic are now running the current release of the FW.

That's great and now you can enjoy your new Mavic!

Have Nice New Year  
Rich
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-30 09:59
Heh... that manual that came with the Mavic is a bit tiny, so I have done the same... printed out the PDF versions of both the quick start guide and the full manual.

That's great, I find it much easier to reference the printed manual.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-30 10:21

[view_image]

Thanks for jumping in Rich, always appreciated
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules