New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay22101
New

United Kingdom

fansc81e6605 Posted at 2017-2-14 05:40
I just installed this update - now my Mavic seems to stray a little when the controls are not being touched!
Not windy with plenty of satellites locked on? Suggestions?

Similar problem to me - stray, but with no control and an eventual crash!
2017-2-15
Use props
Jay22101
New

United Kingdom

pitchmagic Posted at 2017-2-14 06:00
Did you update the controller also?

Yeah, everything updated and was ready to fly.  Did a restart as well just to be safe, but then when i powered on it just completely went rogue!
2017-2-15
Use props
Jay22101
New

United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-2-15 02:30
It's recommended that after a firmware update you recalibrate the 3 key sensors/controls

1) IMU

Will give that a try - I did a restart (after update, before crash) and re-calibrated the compass, but nothing else.  

Ordering new blades and hoping it still is airworthy!  Will definitely take your advice, thanks.
2017-2-15
Use props
fans0469598b
lvl.1

Canada

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-2-15 02:30
It's recommended that after a firmware update you recalibrate the 3 key sensors/controls

1) IMU

Where does it say to do this / where is it recommended?
2017-2-15
Use props
Deer_Predator
lvl.1
United States

What the heck happened DJI??????   I used to be able to fly using my Tab4 tablet... Now I can't even bring up the DJI Go4 app.. I go to start it up and it says "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped".... I never had any problems... Any Ideas???  This is REALLY frustrating!
2017-2-15
Use props
fansecf1a23c
lvl.1

United States

My Mavic won't update its software. The app prompts me to update and when I do, the download either gets stuck at 0% or it pauses by itself and I can't download the damn thing! I tried the app so many times and I get the same response with the assistant.
2017-2-15
Use props
JimmyC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65814 ft
United States

My Mavic has been flying trouble free. Can I fly it without updating? Mine has v01.03.0300 right now. I would like to wait before I update. Thanks Jimmy
2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

eskape Posted at 2017-2-15 00:19
What are your picture settings? (Sharpness,Contrast,Saturation)
And are you over-exposing at all?

I had to reset the picture settings after some trial & error.  So now after a few flights & some post, it's 4k30 (29.97), 000, and D-Log.  I can tell you I still need to test pulling out -1 contrast and/or saturation before finalising my settings.

So, I was doing -1,-1,-3 with D-Cinelike before but this huge update to D-Log brings 3 to 4 times more range than I could with the previous settings - it's that much of a difference.  I'm pleased to see that I can now REALLY bring out a fantastic image.  

2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

4wd Posted at 2017-2-15 00:01
I was hoping to hear this, can you post a video?

Weather is pants, so it's cloudy & not ideal lighting AT ALL.  It's also late in the afternoon in winter.  But yea, I can trim down 1 of the sample/test footages & post it later.  Don't expect a whole lot looking at it - the real excitement is when color grading/correcting in post & the range you have to work.
2017-2-15
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see the 'fix' for the RTH height issue that many reported RTH causing the mavic to just keep climbing when RTH pressed in some instances.
2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

ontwowheels Posted at 2017-2-15 04:16
...I'm dumb....what is D-Log?

D-Log is the ideal Color Mode to be shooting video in.  It preserves the most dynamic range & it's a flatter image.  Basically straight out of the camera would look like animal by-product, but put it in post editing like iMovie, Resolve, etcetera and you can edit it a lot.  You can then have the freedom to make it look however you want.

The artsy fartsy types like that Saving Private Ryan drabby look that makes everyone look like zombies.
2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

fans0469598b Posted at 2017-2-15 05:58

NO, NO...  I would suggest checking ALL values for instruments:  IMU (accelerometer & gyro), compass, R/C sticks/gimbal.  THEN calibrate if you don't like what you see given your location & other common sense stuff.

Also check each & every setting.  Always.  I do all of this before EVERY flight.  It only takes seconds now that I've done it 83 times (per the flight log).  I don't even drop 1% battery going thru all of it every time.
2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Deer_Predator Posted at 2017-2-15 07:25
What the heck happened DJI??????   I used to be able to fly using my Tab4 tablet... Now I can't even bring up the DJI Go4 app.. I go to start it up and it says "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped".... I never had any problems... Any Ideas???  This is REALLY frustrating!

It does this when looking at any old flights in the flight log for me.  New flights are fine.  But I'm rooted with the map initialization service killed.
2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

JimmyC Posted at 2017-2-15 07:48
My Mavic has been flying trouble free. Can I fly it without updating? Mine has v01.03.0300 right now. I would like to wait before I update. Thanks Jimmy

Yes, you can fly without it.  Just ignore or airplane mode.  You can also skip GO updates by tapping anywhere else on the screen when a pop-up occurs.
2017-2-15
Use props
JimmyC
Second Officer
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-15 09:28
Yes, you can fly without it.  Just ignore or airplane mode.  You can also skip GO updates by tapping anywhere else on the screen when a pop-up occurs.

Thank You.
2017-2-15
Use props
ontwowheels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434626 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-15 09:20
D-Log is the ideal Color Mode to be shooting video in.  It preserves the most dynamic range & it's a flatter image.  Basically straight out of the camera would look like animal by-product, but put it in post editing like iMovie, Resolve, etcetera and you can edit it a lot.  You can then have the freedom to make it look however you want.

The artsy fartsy types like that Saving Private Ryan drabby look that makes everyone look like zombies.

Thanks....I typically use iMovie, will take a look.
2017-2-15
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

For what it's worth, mine worked fine. Had to redo some settings, but I may have actually changed them on previous flight.
2017-2-15
Use props
fansbb07b05f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6122 ft
Puerto Rico

Performed the update today, had to put back some settings (RTH altitud, Max distance, Enable Fly Modes, etc.).  Spent my three batteries without any issue.
2017-2-15
Use props
JimmyC
Second Officer
United States

I went ahead and did the update. Took 3 trys to download (said wifi disconnected). I think between my internet and phone. Install went in with no issues. I did have to reset RTH altitude, Max distance, Enable flight Modes and stick expos as stated above. I have a Samsung S5 phone. Haven't flown yet but will this weekend.
2017-2-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

0400 just updated fine, using assistant2 v1.0.9,  win 10, using usb cable to RC then MP.     Using Android, motorola play x (small mod to right hand gripper),  spent some time doing a FULL calibration of everything though (IMU, cam, sticks, compass, VPS),  just wait for test flights now,  with fingers crossed.
2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Yea BTW, I did this FW update via the GO app.  I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! That took for-freakin-everrrr-rrr!!  I don't like how long the Mavic, R/C, & phone have to sit still & on for so long.  Plus, it just took too long.  I set up a fan to blow on everything for the 30 minutes it took.  Lame...

When I've updated FW in the past with any DJI drone, I use Assistant on an iMac.  That takes half the time or even less.  I'd say I can do the drone then the R/C in 10-11 minutes total time.
2017-2-15
Use props
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Have I done something wrong? First time start up and hit download FW. Downloaded fine, but now stuck on Updating0% for about 20 minutes! Don't want to cancel it in case it crashes the setup.
EDIT: now the fans have cut out. Lights flashing and changing. DJI 'noise', rotors flicking about. Still 0%.
2017-2-15
Use props
disguy2k
lvl.1

Australia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-15 12:55
Yea BTW, I did this FW update via the GO app.  I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!  That took for-freakin-everrrr-rrr!!  I don't like how long the Mavic, R/C, & phone have to sit still & on for so long.  Plus, it just took too long.  I set up a fan to blow on everything for the 30 minutes it took.  Lame...

When I've updated FW in the past with any DJI drone, I use Assistant on an iMac.  That takes half the time or even less.  I'd say I can do the drone then the R/C in 10-11 minutes total time.

I've done 1 update via USB and the rest via the app. This update was very slow compared to others. Others I've done have completed in about 10 minutes  (this was my first time using an Android tablet instead of my iphone).

The in-built fans on the Mavic are more than enough to keep the internals (VTX) cool.  My FPV quad gets much hotter on idle with passive cooling.
2017-2-15
Use props
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So my app stuck at 0%, but it appeared to be doing things? In the end, I shut everything down, rebooted and the firmware has been upgraded! Must have been a glitch in the app.
2017-2-15
Use props
Lucluck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26385 ft
France

fansecf1a23c Posted at 2017-2-15 07:47
My Mavic won't update its software. The app prompts me to update and when I do, the download either gets stuck at 0% or it pauses by itself and I can't download the damn thing! I tried the app so many times and I get the same response with the assistant.

Same thing for me
2017-2-15
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's not very clear what the app is doing after you start - with my phone the progress bar is partly hidden behind text?
I think you're supposed to tap it to start installing after downloading but it might just progress to that on it's own.
You can't see if it got to 100% download due to text hiding that end.
It worked fine for me anyway, about 20 minutes.
2017-2-15
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Did the update yesterday morning and have had no problems . In fact I immediately went and flew my longest distance (7700 feet) and never lost a single bar of radio or video signal . I had flown a little over 4000 feet before along the same flight path and had lost 1 bar of each signal but it may have been the difference in weather conditions or something . I use a Droid Turbo phone in Airplane mode and have had no issues with DJI Go4 or Litchi . It seems very hard for any company to design a complicated app without some issues when there are tons of different phones out there with different specs and especially Android when people have many different apps that may cause conflicts also . The app designers have no idea what each individual case may be . So far the Mavic has been awesome and I'm glad I sold an old Lumineer Q500 and a Yuneec 500 4k to get it . The performance is way beyond either .

One thing I did run into was the notice to update showed up in the DJI Go4 app but when I clicked on it the screen would change showing the update download screen but only for a second then it would revert back to the screen showing it needed an update . I tried many different things over an hour including uninstalling the app but nothing worked . I downloaded Assistant 2 and connected to the PC and was done in about 20 minutes .
2017-2-15
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans0469598b Posted at 2017-2-15 05:58

The recommendations came from several experienced guys on here............Not sure where the posts are but seems sensible and I've followed it without issues. We know that the firmware update can reset multiple values/variables etc
2017-2-15
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI please stop resetting various app settings after a firmware update.  Its a big pain in the a** to reset things back, esp if you have taken time to tweak the app settings.
2017-2-15
Use props
ontwowheels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434626 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-2-15 10:02
For what it's worth, mine worked fine. Had to redo some settings, but I may have actually changed them on previous flight.

Same here.....had to turn off the red lights again....my first flight after was fine.  Re calibrated the remote since then just because I had never had.  Another flight today, hovers fine...all good....knock on wood.
2017-2-15
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

ontwowheels Posted at 2017-2-15 16:56
Same here.....had to turn off the red lights again....my first flight after was fine.  Re calibrated the remote since then just because I had never had.  Another flight today, hovers fine...all good....knock on wood.

Yeh all fine except the fact that the mavic takes garbage looking video. I mean in general and not just related to this firmware.
2017-2-15
Use props
fans103c4f99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705768 ft
Indonesia

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-2-15 14:26
Did the update yesterday morning and have had no problems . In fact I immediately went and flew my longest distance (7700 feet) and never lost a single bar of radio or video signal . I had flown a little over 4000 feet before along the same flight path and had lost 1 bar of each signal but it may have been the difference in weather conditions or something . I use a Droid Turbo phone in Airplane mode and have had no issues with DJI Go4 or Litchi . It seems very hard for any company to design a complicated app without some issues when there are tons of different phones out there with different specs and especially Android when people have many different apps that may cause conflicts also . The app designers have no idea what each individual case may be . So far the Mavic has been awesome and I'm glad I sold an old Lumineer Q500 and a Yuneec 500 4k to get it . The performance is way beyond either .

One thing I did run into was the notice to update showed up in the DJI Go4 app but when I clicked on it the screen would change showing the update download screen but only for a second then it would revert back to the screen showing it needed an update . I tried many different things over an hour including uninstalling the app but nothing worked . I downloaded Assistant 2 and connected to the PC and was done in about 20 minutes .

So better signal / transmission for this latest firmware?
2017-2-15
Use props
bochen7
lvl.2
United States

fans103c4f99 Posted at 2017-2-15 18:30
So better signal / transmission for this latest firmware?

signal propagation is based on laws of physics

firmware update changes nothing
2017-2-15
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

My firmware upgrade went fine.  It was the first time I had done a firmware update as I just received my Mavic last week.  It came with v01.03.0200 and the only app I had ever installed was GO 4.

Update took 30 minutes, which was a bit longer than I expected.  Update on iOS (iPhone 6).

At one point the update got to 83%, and didn't show any progress for a length of time.  I had amber light flashing and was just about to restart after 10 minutes of no change, then the amber light switched to green flashing and the update proceeded on to completion.

Took it out for a test flight and had no issues flying, maneuvering, etc.  The only thing I noticed was the video feed to my iPhone stuttered a little at first, but it wasn't obvious on the playback.  I don't know if this had anything to do with the firmware, but thought it was worth mentioning.  I didn't notice any other stutter through the rest of the flight of the battery.
2017-2-15
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

bochen7 Posted at 2017-2-15 18:38
signal propagation is based on laws of physics

firmware update changes nothing

"Signal propagation is based on laws of physics
firmware update changes nothing"

The Mavics software has the abilty to change signal strength based on Mavic location (CE + rest of word and US) . Different db for different regions and therefore it is quite possible this firmware update has tweaked these settings to improve the signal.
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Last time I did a firmware update I needed to also do my batteries -- not this time. Was anyone prompted to update their batteries? Update was via Go 4.x.
2017-2-15
Use props
fansad077c11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133455 ft
France

hello.

i am on android samsung a5 2016. the update failed with go ap 4. it worked fine at the first attempt with assistant 2 on a PC.
Managed to use simulator. not yet tried a real flight.
2017-2-15
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Flight Raptor Posted at 2017-2-15 09:19
I don't see the 'fix' for the RTH height issue that many reported RTH causing the mavic to just keep climbing when RTH pressed in some instances.

Not fixed, even worse now. Be careful using it and definitely don't use it if facing into the direction that the sun is even if not directly into sun.
2017-2-15
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-15 09:14
I had to reset the picture settings after some trial & error.  So now after a few flights & some post, it's 4k30 (29.97), 000, and D-Log.  I can tell you I still need to test pulling out -1 contrast and/or saturation before finalising my settings.

So, I was doing -1,-1,-3 with D-Cinelike before but this huge update to D-Log brings 3 to 4 times more range than I could with the previous settings - it's that much of a difference.  I'm pleased to see that I can now REALLY bring out a fantastic image.

from watching youtube videos it looks like Art is providing more dynamic range. Do you know if this has changed since the FW update?

I can't test as I had to send my drone back due to the common right hand side soft problem (misaligned sensor)
2017-2-16
Use props
eskape
New

United States

lachyb Posted at 2017-2-16 02:17
from watching youtube videos it looks like Art is providing more dynamic range. Do you know if this has changed since the FW update?

I can't test as I had to send my drone back due to the common right hand side soft problem (misaligned sensor)

according to @DRONE-flies-YOU it has a couple more stops, and from the basic noob testing ive done I think he is correct.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules