Reseller/Dealer Shipment Watch
23691 336 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Ok it's after the weekend and I've calmed down some.    I had a steroid shot last week for a cold and I swear it makes me angry and aggressive.

Anyway, I'm still extremely disappointed in how this launch has gone.   That being said -- I have a voice message, an email, and an official email through Amazon sitting there waiting on Drone World this morning concerning my September 28th order.    We shall see what they say.
2016-12-5
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-5 08:41
Ok it's after the weekend and I've calmed down some.    I had a steroid shot last week for a cold and I swear it makes me angry and aggressive.

Anyway, I'm still extremely disappointed in how this launch has gone.   That being said -- I have a voice message, an email, and an official email through Amazon sitting there waiting on Drone World this morning concerning my September 28th order.    We shall see what they say.

A local authorized DJI store (DJI branded, but owned by Yita Motor) opened on Saturday...  They had no Mavics, and referred to "manufacturing issue."  It's too bad DJI can't just make some kind of announcement about what's going on.

On another note, my 11/14 Mavic order from Newegg shipped today.
2016-12-5
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

I finally have a tracking number.   Mine has apparently shipped.    I'm cautiously optimistic.   Maybe at this point I should let my wife put it under the tree for me.   
2016-12-5
Use props
VKing
lvl.1

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-3 00:18
I went to Amazon.com and the only way I could figure out how to send them an email (since they marked my package as delivered because of the bullcrap 10 dollar drone they sent me as an apology) was to send through an option that gives them 36 hours to respond or I have the option to get a full refund forced through Amazon.   So they are on the g****nm clock.

I'm serious.  I'm getting enraged at this PATHETIC LAUNCH and these PATHETIC resellers stringing me along to buy themselves a few days.    I'll get my refund and buy a d**med Razer laptop with it instead.    I'll also go on facebook and recommend against ANYONE buying a DJI.   I'm PISSED.

Did you get the shipment information on Amazon when they sent this $10 drone that you mentioned? The reason I am asking is because my order from amazon was going to get cancelled by amazon due to order not being shipped for over 30 days. The i contacted the seller and they replied offering some kind of mini drone as a gift (i assuming same as yours). I did not reply and next day I get the shipping confirmation. So im not sure what has shipped, the Mavic or that crappy drone?

Thanks.
2016-12-5
Use props
DroneFoxAJ
New

United States

I ordered mine in the Fly More Combo through Amazon from Yitamotor 11/2. On 12/2 or 3 got email about delays in shipping and their solution/compensation is an offer of a free 32GB micro SD card valued at $20. If I don't accept,I should cancel my order through Amazon, otherwise they will charge my account for the combo and ship the SD card now. I guess this is how they're working around Amazons 30 day shipping rule. I'll be ok with it if I too get a shipping confirmation sometime this week!
2016-12-5
Use props
VKing
lvl.1

United States

DroneFoxAJ Posted at 2016-12-5 17:34
I ordered mine in the Fly More Combo through Amazon from Yitamotor 11/2. On 12/2 or 3 got email about delays in shipping and their solution/compensation is an offer of a free 32GB micro SD card valued at $20. If I don't accept,I should cancel my order through Amazon, otherwise they will charge my account for the combo and ship the SD card now. I guess this is how they're working around Amazons 30 day shipping rule. I'll be ok with it if I too get a shipping confirmation sometime this week!

Have u responded to them? Cuz i didn't but they still sent it out. Btw, I got the same combo and bought it from the same seller - Yitamotor...
2016-12-5
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

VKing Posted at 2016-12-5 15:51
Did you get the shipment information on Amazon when they sent this $10 drone that you mentioned? The reason I am asking is because my order from amazon was going to get cancelled by amazon due to order not being shipped for over 30 days. The i contacted the seller and they replied offering some kind of mini drone as a gift (i assuming same as yours). I did not reply and next day I get the shipping confirmation. So im not sure what has shipped, the Mavic or that crappy drone?

Thanks.

I did.   When they sent me the freebie drone they entered the shipping for it as if my order had been shipped.
2016-12-5
Use props
VKing
lvl.1

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-5 20:04
I did.   When they sent me the freebie drone they entered the shipping for it as if my order had been shipped.

Damn it. And I thought they've shipped a Mavic..... They gave me a tracking number for DHL. Why would they send a freebie via DHL? Makes no sense.....
2016-12-5
Use props
DroneFoxAJ
New

United States

VKing Posted at 2016-12-5 19:29
Have u responded to them? Cuz i didn't but they still sent it out. Btw, I got the same combo and bought it from the same seller - Yitamotor...

I responded with 2 questions, "How many Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Fly More Combo orders are ahead of mine that still need to be shipped? Is there an estimate of when mine will go out?"

The response I got this morning was "We checked, there are 1000 orders before  you, but we cannot sure exact data. If other in front cancel their orders, yours will be ahead."

I'm thinking I'll just leave it at that and see what happens... if I get the SD card and charged for the Mavic - I'll be eagerly awaiting Christmas like, well, Christmas . I've got it setup with Amazon financing anyway. If it gets cancelled, I guess I'll just wait until it's more generally available.
2016-12-6
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

It's truly mind boggling how DJI has only managed to manufacture a relatively speaking TINY number of drones in two months.    I mean it's really impressive in a very bad sort of way.
2016-12-6
Use props
VKing
lvl.1

United States

DroneFoxAJ Posted at 2016-12-6 09:22
I responded with 2 questions, "How many Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Fly More Combo orders are ahead of mine that still need to be shipped? Is there an estimate of when mine will go out?"

The response I got this morning was "We checked, there are 1000 orders before  you, but we cannot sure exact data. If other in front cancel their orders, yours will be ahead."

Oh wow.....1000 orders ahead of you? There are probably 900 orders ahead of me. I ordered mine on 10/31. Btw, they confirmed that they shipped a gift, not a Mavic. And its not a mini drone. They said mini drones are out of stock now. I hope I can still cancel even though they sent that gift and charged my credit card.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-7 02:06
It's truly mind boggling how DJI has only managed to manufacture a relatively speaking TINY number of drones in two months.    I mean it's really impressive in a very bad sort of way.

Actually it's almost going on 3 months. I heard that there have been a number of complaints to the consumer product safety commission in the US as a number of specific defects have been causing problems. That might be the root cause of this. This is a beta product that shouldn't have been released for another year.
2016-12-6
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

fansc2847c7b Posted at 2016-12-6 12:54
Actually it's almost going on 3 months. I heard that there have been a number of complaints to the consumer product safety commission in the US as a number of specific defects have been causing problems. That might be the root cause of this. This is a beta product that shouldn't have been released for another year.

This does concern me greatly.    I halfway wonder if I should open it or resell it on ebay and buy a proven Phantom 4 instead.
2016-12-6
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

DroneNerds is receiving stock.  I was 15th on the list for combos and received mine today.
2016-12-6
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-6 18:32
DroneNerds is receiving stock.  I was 15th on the list for combos and received mine today.

Maybe global supply is improving
2016-12-6
Use props
fansd0909e2c
New

United States

Any idea if shipments from DJIs site are moving through yet?
2016-12-7
Use props
Marsson
lvl.1

New Zealand

It Arrived!!!!
Bought at PBTech New Zealand 15-Oct. Just got a call that it is ready for pick up @ the store.
2016-12-7
Use props
Submanager
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

Just exchanged emails with Drone World about my order (they responded relatively quickly, 6 hours). I had placed my order for the combo on 16 October.  They indicated that they had begun filling pre-orders "slowly but surely" and that they expected to fill my order by the end of December.

So that's my data input to the collective...
2016-12-7
Use props
fansd0909e2c
New

United States

Talked with DJI support, they told me that they were currently clearing orders from early October. Not great news for a Oct 20th guy like me
2016-12-7
Use props
Stupidnewbie
lvl.2
United States

Twiddling my thumbs for my 10/15 order with Koozam.  I asked them last week, I was #175 of 600+ orders.  They have been receiving between 5 and 30 Mavics per week, so it's not looking good for me.
2016-12-7
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

My Mavic will be in my possession this afternoon.    The dilemma begins on whether to turn it around on eBay for $600 roughly or keep it.     I know if I turn it around I'll be droneless for another 2 months probably based on how long it's taking them to clear backorders.    $600 is a lot of money to make out of thin air.     I'm hoping for a market collapse between now and tonight so I don't have to think about it.
2016-12-8
Use props
justflie
lvl.2

United States

No shipping notice for my fly more upgrade from drone world (4 oct order). I emailed them today,  no response. Hopefully it goes out the door tomorrow.
2016-12-8
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Ok so I have my Mavic.   I haven't yet opened it because I'm going to do a live Facebook unboxing.    I briefly checked on ebay to gauge whether I wanted to resell it or not, but the prices have come down somewhat from a week ago.    The 200-300 bucks I'd make isn't enough for me to want to wait again for another unit.     

Ordered Sept 28th.   Drone World through Amazon.
2016-12-9
Use props
VKing
lvl.1

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-9 10:15
Ok so I have my Mavic.   I haven't yet opened it because I'm going to do a live Facebook unboxing.    I briefly checked on ebay to gauge whether I wanted to resell it or not, but the prices have come down somewhat from a week ago.    The 200-300 bucks I'd make isn't enough for me to want to wait again for another unit.     

Ordered Sept 28th.   Drone World through Amazon.

Nice. Lucky you. I've cancelled my order. Tired of waiting. I kinda needed it before New Years for my vacation....
If you still decide to sell it...let me know)
2016-12-9
Use props
fans61b37ad7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

December 11, 2016 at 1PM Eastern time - Just received an ad from DJI in my email, that certain things are on sale up to 50% off.
At the bottom of the ad there was a non-sale promotion for the new Phantom 4 Pro, not on sale. BUT THERE WAS NO MENTION IN THE AD OF THE MAVIC PRO!!! None at all. Hmmmmm.
2016-12-11
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

I ordered 10/10/16. I received this lovely email but no drone yet. Good to hear others who ordered before me are getting their drones shipped.

Drone World Team
Dec 8 (4 days ago)

to bcc: me

Dear Valued Customer,

We at Drone World would like to thank you for your patience. We understand that you have been waiting for the new Mavic Pro, and believe us the wait is well worth it. As you may already know, there were a few production delays by DJI, this was due to quality assurance. DJI, as well as Drone World wants to make sure you receive something that is worth every dime, fast, and tech savvy. As the Holidays are approaching, we have been increasingly busy answering all your inquires, but we may take longer than usual due to high volume.

This email is to update you on your order, as we are now receiving the Mavic and shipping at a first come first serve bases. We would like to have all Mavic orders shipped in one day, but with limited supplies, lots of orders and a busy shipping department, there is only so many order we can fulfill a day. We hope you understand, and keep in mind we are working as quickly as possible. If you received an email titled "Order status for DJI Mavic" a few minutes earlier, you may disregard it as we may have left out the message by mistake.

Thank You,
The Drone World Team
2016-12-12
Use props
Richie7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31529 ft
United States

I ordered and paid for my Mavic through an Authorized dealer on eBay back in Oct.  
Their have not delivered any preorders and claim they are still awaiting first shipment.  

However, I have found that they are selling through a different eBay account instock units to the highest bidder.  

I have been able to find proof that both account are theirs.

What can I do?  Report to eBay?  Anyway to report it to DJI?

Thanks,
Richie
2016-12-12
Use props
UKCobra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13957 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered on the 3rd Nov with a Photographic supplier in the UK. They have 100+ pre orders, and I am roughly in the middle.
They have had only 1 shipment of less than 10 units, and have no idea when they are getting any more. So I have no idea when I might get my order fulfilled.
2016-12-12
Use props
Hommer
lvl.1
United States

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2016-12-12 08:12
I ordered 10/10/16. I received this lovely email but no drone yet. Good to hear others who ordered before me are getting their drones shipped.

Drone World Team

I ordered on oct.7th and got the same e-mail. Haven't heard anymore from drone world. Kind of a bs e-mail.
2016-12-12
Use props
justflie
lvl.2

United States

4 Oct Drone World order. I got the same email. Nothing has shipped for me yet.
2016-12-12
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Hey guys.   Going to keep this thread going even though I've received my Mavic.    I'm curious as to when this global backorder will find some relief.    At this point DJI should be ramping up their production and starting to make headway, although I've seen little sign of it so far.

Has anyone else had their unit shipped yet?
2016-12-13
Use props
Raymondanton1
lvl.1

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-13 08:24
Hey guys.   Going to keep this thread going even though I've received my Mavic.    I'm curious as to when this global backorder will find some relief.    At this point DJI should be ramping up their production and starting to make headway, although I've seen little sign of it so far.

Has anyone else had their unit shipped yet?

Ordered mine on 10/13 through Space City Drones.  They have indicated that they have a conference call with the DJI Rep today.  We shall see.  I know they contract through Drone Nerds and that at least one member has received shipping info from them.  We shall see.
2016-12-13
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Hommer Posted at 2016-12-12 21:21
I ordered on oct.7th and got the same e-mail. Haven't heard anymore from drone world. Kind of a bs e-mail.

Yeah its a BS email. If there was good or average news regarding our orders I am sure there would have been more info regarding expected ship date.
2016-12-14
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

justflie Posted at 2016-12-13 00:14
4 Oct Drone World order. I got the same email. Nothing has shipped for me yet.

justflie,

Could you give us a post when you get shipping confirmation for the rest of us Dope-World dunder heads.
2016-12-14
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

If it makes any of you feel better, the Mavic I received works perfectly so far.   None of the glitches have manifested so far. *knock on wood*
2016-12-14
Use props
fansf0df1d97
New

Ecuador

gckless Posted at 2016-10-21 12:05
I ordered from B&H Photo Video. They reopen on the 26th. I don't think there's a way to contact them before that, so fingers crossed.

Do you have any news of your order made at B&H  ?  are you still waiting  ?
2016-12-14
Use props
Bpup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
Norway

Ordered my combo from Dustinhome here in Norway the 3rd of October. I wish now that i had ordered direcly from DJI
2016-12-14
Use props
GrizzlyAdams
lvl.2
United States

I ordered the FlyMoreCombo on 10-26-2016 and received it on 11-16-2016 from Amazon. 21 days.
2016-12-14
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

GrizzlyAdams Posted at 2016-12-14 15:15
I ordered the FlyMoreCombo on 10-26-2016 and received it on 11-16-2016 from Amazon. 21 days.

Holy crap.   Straight from Amazon or through DJI or through a reseller??

That's crazy fast.
2016-12-14
Use props
NachoFirme 7
lvl.1

United States

Ordered 10/04/16 through Skybossdrones.com and got my tracking number yesterday for the fly more combo. Can't find a way to update my status on the order tracker.
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules